RotJ Canon Vader vs RotS Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
Who wins?

I think Yoda still beats Vaader, but whatever

Forschbewithu
New Canon I believe Vader.

As far as I know, Canon still shows Vader as the greater duelist. By rots, Anakin was just a small step below Yoda in force power, and we now know Vader grew far more powerful than he ever was in rots. Vader has waaay more TK feats, and the scale of those feats are equal to and beyond anything that Yoda has shown up to this point.

Vader 7/10

Eli Vanto
Canon Vader is>Sidious in sabers, so he should be>Yoda in sabers as well.

Force wise is probably a wash but Vader does have a wider array of force feats.

Vader can probably nudge Yoda out if this is talking about canon versions.

Lord Stark
Yoda should dominate.

Darth Thor
Got to go with Yoda.

I get that Palpatine has likely grown in power since the PT, but I doubt OT Palps vs ROTS Yoda would be as completely one sided as ESB Palps vs Vader was.

Oh and given this is ROTJ Vader whose conflict was at its peak, this will also probably be pretty one sided in Yodas favour.

Galan007
I'm still undecided.

I think it is possible that prime Vader might be able to best Yoda. We just need some definitive clarification regarding how gimped Vader may(or may not) have been during RotJ.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm still undecided.

I think it is possible that prime Vader might be able to best Yoda. We just need some definitive clarification regarding how gimped Vader may(or may not) have been during RotJ.

And also clarification on how much more powerful Palpatine had become from ROTS to ESB.

Galan007
thumb up

xPRIMEx
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm still undecided.

Same

qwertyuiop1998
I personally tends to Vader due to his massive feats that produced by his substantial appearances.
Though Its possible Yoda could beat Vader. We need to wait to see more definitive feats/clarifications in the future

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Got to go with Yoda.

I get that Palpatine has likely grown in power since the PT, but I doubt OT Palps vs ROTS Yoda would be as completely one sided as ESB Palps vs Vader was.

Oh and given this is ROTJ Vader whose conflict was at its peak, this will also probably be pretty one sided in Yodas favour. Yeah I agree, Yoda should win decisively

Darth Thor
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
I personally tends to Vader due to his massive feats that produced by his substantial appearances.
Though Its possible Yoda could beat Vader. We need to wait to see more definitive feats/clarifications in the future

Vaders done some insane shit. But tbf Yoda still has that mountain feat.

Remember also how TCW really limited using Yoda, because there would be no problem with him there.

Lord Stark
I don't see ROTJ Sidious doing what he did to Vader to ROTS Sidious.

carthage
Not sure but leaning Yoda in a difficult fight

Scizard
Vader was weakened by his confliction, even Palpatine states this. Anakin with a small amount of anger was stomping Dooku far better than Yoda was and Vader is stated to be in his prime by Rebels.

Rebels Vader > KFV > Enraged Anakin > Yoda

Scizard
Wait I read this wrong lmao. If it's conflicted Vader he probably loses.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Scizard
Anakin with a small amount of anger was stomping Dooku far better than Yoda

Think its pretty clear now that Yoda wasnt going all out on his former Padawan.

Trocity
Yoda, clearly.

I am not up to date on comics, but Vaders force feats almost never translate to him dominating opponents in combat. He still struggles with people that Yoda would eviscerate.

Yoda, 10/10

Scizard
Think its pretty clear now that Yoda wasnt going all out on his former Padawan.

?

Darth Thor
?

Well theres the Clone Wars episode that explains the fall of Dooku hurt Yoda.

Then theres Galaxy of Adventures which makes it clear it was a one sided fight regardless.

Scizard
Sure but the point is Anakin did it better. Impossible to quantify how much Yoda is holding back and if he even is holding back it's hard to say, could just be one of those situations where he's giving it his all but he'll priortise a disarming blow if possible.

Darth Thor
Sure but the point is Anakin did it better. Impossible to quantify how much Yoda is holding back and if he even is holding back it's hard to say, could just be one of those situations where he's giving it his all but he'll priortise a disarming blow if possible.

Point is Anakin doing it better is also impossible to measure given Yoda was almost certainly holding back.

In any case that wasnt Vader. It was a Peak moment for Anakin. Theres no real evidence that Vader > Peak Anakin tbh. Just that Rebels Vader > ROTS Vader.

Scizard
Anakin blatantly does better. To what extent Yoda is holding back and if he is even holding back is again dubious. Anakin's power comes from the dark side, it's not some random buff. To add on Anakin was completely pounding Dooku and was able to disarm him w/o killing him, if Yoda could've done that he would've.

Trocity
Why are ROTS Anakin feats being used to argue for ROTJ suited Vader?

Darth Thor
if Yoda could've done that he would've.

You mean just like Yoda kept attacking Dooku with the Force? Yeah, sure.

Its silly to ignore character motives and feelings and just blindly power scale in that way.

Dooku is no match for either Prime Vader or Yoda. But that in itself does not make them equals.

Originally posted by Trocity
Why are ROTS Anakin feats being used to argue for ROTJ suited Vader?

Some head canon power scaling.

Scizard
You mean just like Yoda kept attacking Dooku with the Force? Yeah, sure.

Its silly to ignore character motives and feelings and just blindly power scale in that way.

Dooku is no match for either Vader or Yoda. But that in itself does not make them equals.

You're still yet to provide any evidence for these feelings no expression

Darth Thor
You're still yet to provide any evidence for these feelings no expression

I already have if you actually bothered reading.

You however are yet to prove that any version of Vader > Peak Anakin.

Eli Vanto
"Peak" Anakin beat Dooku by tapping into the dark side for a few moments.

Vader (suited) is said to be more connected to the dark side than ever, and nothing in new canon says his power was diminished after ROTS. There is also the quote about Vader being Sidious's most powerful apprentice by light years.

So prime Vader would stomp Dooku much easier then Anakin did.

Scizard
I already have if you actually bothered reading.

You however are yet to prove that any version of Vader > Peak Anakin.

Pretty sure I already said. Anakin's power in the Dooku fight comes from the dark side. Anakin feels his power growing even more as confirmed on the sw.com website as he taps into the dark side, and by the time of mustafar he's so connected to the dark side to the point he has Sith eyes.

In summary it's the dark side fuelling his strength, nothing suggests anything more than that.

Now Vader is stated to be at the height of his powers during ANH meaning he's more powerful than all of his previous incarnations which includes KFV/MFV which are atleast at the level of a dark side amped Anakin.

Can you show the evidence for Yoda holding back and to what degree he's holding back? I probably missed it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.