Entitlement spending makes the rich richer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/stock-market-election-democratic-republican-presidents-better-performance-economy-gdp-2020-8-1029528932

Higher taxes means money gets taken away from the middle class and businesses (Never the rich, who have tax shelters and all kinds of tricks), and giving that money away to be spent on goods and services. This money pads bottom lines, resulting in "economic growth".

That about right?

And then the CEO's of said companies get bigger golden parachutes, and the shareholders get their lb of meat, and the only losers are those poor working stiffs paying out, so these schemers can figure out how to exploit them, the poor, and anyone else in "need", so they can get even richer.

At least until they can get another "bailout" going, and then they get to just take the money without letting the poor eat first.

Very, very evil.

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

Galan007
Moving...

dadudemon
Originally posted by cdtm
https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/stock-market-election-democratic-republican-presidents-better-performance-economy-gdp-2020-8-1029528932

Higher taxes means money gets taken away from the middle class and businesses (Never the rich, who have tax shelters and all kinds of tricks), and giving that money away to be spent on goods and services. This money pads bottom lines, resulting in "economic growth".

That about right?

And then the CEO's of said companies get bigger golden parachutes, and the shareholders get their lb of meat, and the only losers are those poor working stiffs paying out, so these schemers can figure out how to exploit them, the poor, and anyone else in "need", so they can get even richer.

At least until they can get another "bailout" going, and then they get to just take the money without letting the poor eat first.

Very, very evil.

No. That's wrong.

The top 1% pay about 40% of all taxes.

The top 10% pay almost all the taxes.

It's worse than that when you take into consideration "net taxes paid" by subtracting out the average tax-benefits people get from programs from their total taxes paid. Shocking: most Americans are net-negative tax payers.

This data is outdated because the latest data they had was from 2015. It got even worse since then.

Yes, I compiled this data myself using previous methods the tax foundation used and found the same results they did (theirs was from like...2009?). I made the chart look much better, though:

https://i.imgur.com/FcVZp0K.png

Newjak
Originally posted by dadudemon
No. That's wrong.

It's worse than that when you take into consideration "net taxes paid" by subtracting out the average tax-benefits people get from programs from their total taxes paid. Shocking: most Americans are net-negative tax payers.

This data is outdated because the latest data they had was from 2015. It got even worse since then.

Yes, I compiled this data myself using previous methods the tax foundation used and found the same results they did (theirs was from like...2009?). I made the chart look much better, though:

https://i.imgur.com/FcVZp0K.png When you came to these conclusions did you only factor in income tax and omit other taxes like sales tax, payroll tax, state and local taxes?

BrolyBlack
Newjack I hope you are paying a lot of taxes. The government needs your money, can you pay more?

Newjak
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Newjack I hope you are paying a lot of taxes. The government needs your money, can you pay more? You're a bit of a moron aren't you :/

Old Man Whirly!
No. That's wrong.

https://i.imgur.com/FcVZp0K.png Have you also factored in relative equality of earnings Ddm?

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Newjak
You're a bit of a moron aren't you :/

It was a joke dumbass

Old Man Whirly!
You're a bit of a moron aren't you :/ laughing out loud thumb up

wxyz
Swing those pom-poms.

dadudemon
When you came to these conclusions did you only factor in income tax and omit other taxes like sales tax, payroll tax, state and local taxes?

I didn't come to this conclusion. I replicated a study from the Tax Foundation using more current data. I have the original spreadsheet with all the data in it on my work laptop.

They account for average entitlement spending per person in each bracket. They also document average tax revenue for each person in each bracket. From there, the math is very simple: subtract entitlement spending from tax contributions.

Then you get net tax contributions. You have to replicate this for each quintile to get the final result, shown.

Because the Tax Foundation does not make it obvious that this is how they came up with their data in their earlier study, I had to painfully go through the numbers until I could replicate their 2009 result (just did this for one quintile to figure out exactly what they did). It took about 30 minutes to get it right. But once I figured it out, it was easy. Then replicate to the other quintiles.

The formulae are already done so we can simply replace all data with any year they can release in that same spreadsheet. I'm curious about how much these numbers changed especially if you consider that COVID-19 almost entirely hit the bottom 3 quintiles and almost left the top quintile completely "unmolested" after recovery from this summer.

jaden_2.0

They also have more than 50% of the wealth and slowly but steadily increasing that.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
They also have more than 50% of the wealth and slowly but steadily increasing that.

Isn't estate tax less than income tax? That would explain the 10% difference (40% of the taxes paid but over 50% ownership of the tangible assets - should be 50% taxes paid and 50% tangible assets owned, if it was fair).

I'm in the "sweet" spot of income where I don't make enough to invest. I'm considering posting my Year to Date income information from my job to show how I am paying greater than 50% of my income to "taxes."

Old Man Whirly!
They also have more than 50% of the wealth and slowly but steadily increasing that. thumb up I alluded to that out too.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
thumb up I alluded to that out too.

thumb upthumb up

Two for more assurance.

wxyz

How much of someone's' wealth are you entitled to?

Artol

cdtm
No. That's wrong.

https://i.imgur.com/FcVZp0K.png

That's what they report.

I'm sure you've read the piles of reports of offshore tax havens, and how much money is really stashed there.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by wxyz
How much of someone's' wealth are you entitled to?

How much of their wealth is generated from their own labor?

dadudemon
Originally posted by cdtm
That's what they report.

I'm sure you've read the piles of reports of offshore tax havens, and how much money is really stashed there.

Those figures are just what the government knows about. There are always "dark accounts" and "dark transactions."

There is a mega-multi-billion dollar dark transaction industry among immigrants who use cash-only systems to skirt around taxes. I know: I give them my money.

Any time you walk into a business and it says 'cash only', it's avoiding taxes 100% of the time with 3 degrees of precision. And, every time, it is an immigrant owned business.

wxyz
Any time you walk into a business and it says 'cash only', it's avoiding taxes 100% of the time with 3 degrees of precision. And, every time, it is an immigrant owned business.

Is that actually true?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.