Superman vs. Defenders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Doctor Strange, Namor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Valkyrie, etc.

No BFR

Fight takes place in the Grinch's liver

lawest9
Defenders, Strange with the magic factors

Booya_69
Spite.

Defenders 11/10.

cdtm
Superman wins, speed blitz on team, Tarquism Vo on Strange.

Or crushes his hands like Hulk did.

MrMind
Originally posted by cdtm
Superman wins, speed blitz on team, Tarquism Vo on Strange.

Or crushes his hands like Hulk did.

this

abhilegend
Superman oneshots all of them.

carver9
Hulk solos tbh

beatboks
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk solos tbh

No

This

Surfer has enough speed to react to Clark. He, Hulk and Namor can all take quite a bit of what Superman can dish out before falling. Strange will have enough time to come up with a spell to contain Supes (especially with auto shields)

MrMind
if it's superman in post crisis and n52 era I would've agreed

but since rebirth superman has feats that are orders of magnitudes above the rest of heralds combined

BruceSkywalker
defenders coz dctards are jokes

cdtm
Originally posted by beatboks
No

This

Surfer has enough speed to react to Clark. He, Hulk and Namor can all take quite a bit of what Superman can dish out before falling. Strange will have enough time to come up with a spell to contain Supes (especially with auto shields)

Some versions of Superman, perhaps. Current Superman is an amalgamation of, at the LEAST, ALL of the Post Crisis feats. And perhaps his Pre Crisis as well.

wxyz
Hulk solos tbh

Philosophía
Superman instantly KOs Strange, makes a human centipede out of Namor/Surfer/Hulk, and has Valkyrie shit in the first one's mouth to start the flow.

lawest9
Hulk solos tbh No he doesn't IF you're really honest.

MrMind

cdtm
Originally posted by lawest9
No he doesn't IF you're really honest.

Agrred, Hulk can not Iron Fist. thumb up

JBL
Superman gets destroyed. Spite thread.

h1a8
Everyone is a statue to Superman except for Surfer. Surfer would be slow turtle though.

JBL
Originally posted by h1a8
Everyone is a statue to Superman except for Surfer. Surfer would be slow turtle though. Show Superman making a team this powerful look like statues and winning. Speed will not save Superman UNLESS he run away for his life, and then Surfer would run him down and kill him.

tkitna
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
defenders coz dctards are jokes

This

carver9
Originally posted by wxyz

I'm so proud of this guy.

carver9
No he doesn't IF you're really honest.

Why not

beatboks
Originally posted by MrMind
if it's superman in post crisis and n52 era I would've agreed

but since rebirth superman has feats that are orders of magnitudes above the rest of heralds combined

I stopped reading DC about 18 months - 2 years into Nu52 so I haven't a clue 're rebirth. Post CRISIS and n52 is all I'm referring to.

If it's changed that much then I'm glad I haven't gone back , making characters that powerful just makes them retarded and uninteresting

abhilegend
Originally posted by beatboks
I stopped reading DC about 18 months - 2 years into Nu52 so I haven't a clue 're rebirth. Post CRISIS and n52 is all I'm referring to.

If it's changed that much then I'm glad I haven't gone back , making characters that powerful just makes them retarded and uninteresting
Yeah right.

beatboks
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah right.

Let's put it this way, I'm a huge Alan Scot fan but I don't lile full Starheart like in Blackest knight. Similarly even though I am a Hellstrom fanboy since they made him Hell Lord it's too much. Another of my favorite characters is Dark Nebula, but when the two characters that combine to give him his powers stopped fighting each other for control and he was an unstoppable force of nature he can't really be challenged. It just gets to hard to tell a story where a plausible threat exists to characters when they get that powerful.

One of the best parts of superhero stories is characters overcoming impossible odds via sheer determination and grit. If a character gets so powerful they can solo a team of powerhouses then how do you tell an interesting story? It's ok for a bad guy who appears once every so often who is a major threat to everything but not for a character with regular appearances to be that powerful

BrolyBlack

lawest9
Why not Because no version of Hulk is going to solo a prepared Superman.

carver9
Because no version of Hulk is going to solo a prepared Superman.

Why though? Explain, please

h1a8
If Superman is operating using his fast perceptions to avoid getting hit then the team will be no problem. Surfer is the only threat because he has some legitimate high level superspeed. But nanosecond isn't much to femptosecond or doing many things within the fraction of a nanosecond.

h1a8

Because Hulk would be a statue to Superman in a forum fight. Metro man principle Carv.

JBL
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
defenders coz dctards are jokes Well said and true.

carver9
Because Hulk would be a statue to Superman in a forum fight. Metro man principle Carv.

Besides H1, explain Law.

DarkSaint85

Because Hulk would be a statue. Metroman principle ,Carv.

cdtm

Hulk had no trouble hitting a speeding Cosmic Carnage.

lawest9
Besides H1, explain Law. Because Supes too powerful and too fast for Hulk, Hulk and Namor are useless here, your best chance are Strange and Surfer, far more versatile.

carver9
Because Supes too powerful and too fast for Hulk, Hulk and Namor are useless here, your best chance are Strange and Surfer, far more versatile.

What do you mean by "too powerful"? Superman heat vision would be pointless. Superman ice breath would be pointless. His strength would do nothing but make Hulk more powerful and Hulk WILL hit him. Yes, Superman is fast but he isnt untouchable. Imagine fighting someone you're punching but they are getting more powerful by the second due to you attacking them? Also, Hulk could absorb Supermans power.

lawest9
Since when does Hulk absorb the power of others?...that's not a normal ability of his power set, it's possible that the defenders might win here but they are going to work like hell for it if it happens.

carver9
Since when does Hulk absorb the power of others?...that's not a normal ability of his power set, it's possible that the defenders might win here but they are going to work like hell for it if it happens.

Hes done it at least 4 times within 1 year that I can think of but here is an example...

https://i.imgur.com/q3IMcBc.jpg

And yes, he absorbs external attack as well. smile

Let me know if you want more.

And Hulk, Silver Surfer or Strange solos.

h1a8
Originally posted by cdtm
Hulk had no trouble hitting a speeding Cosmic Carnage. That's because Carnage wasnt operating at speeds (perception as well) that make the metroman principle true.

h1a8
What do you mean by "too powerful"? Superman heat vision would be pointless. Superman ice breath would be pointless. His strength would do nothing but make Hulk more powerful and Hulk WILL hit him. Yes, Superman is fast but he isnt untouchable. Imagine fighting someone you're punching but they are getting more powerful by the second due to you attacking them? Also, Hulk could absorb Supermans power. If Superman doesn't want to be hit by Hulk then he won't be. Metroman principle Carv

carver9
If Superman doesn't want to be hit by Hulk then he won't be. Metroman principle Carv

Look at the previous page. I do not want to have a discussion with you about this. Don't you have a thread you should mention the chain ft in?

lawest9
Hes done it at least 4 times within 1 year that I can think of but here is an example...

https://i.imgur.com/q3IMcBc.jpg

And yes, he absorbs external attack as well. smile

Let me know if you want more.

And Hulk, Silver Surfer or Strange solos. Sorry, but some characters are more susceptible to drainage then others, Superman is not one of them.

carver9
Sorry, but some characters are more susceptible to drainage then others, Superman is not one of them.

Hes been drained on multiple of occasions recently. What do you mean?

DarkSaint85
Sorry, but some characters are more susceptible to drainage then others, Superman is not one of them.

Lawest, what Carver neglects to mention is:

https://i.postimg.cc/XJzDtHdx/22-4.jpg

Him draining Red Hulk =/= him draining Superman. He could do it to Rulk, because he is gamma powered.

Adam Grimes
Supes one-shots them.

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lawest, what Carver neglects to mention is:

https://i.postimg.cc/XJzDtHdx/22-4.jpg

Him draining Red Hulk =/= him draining Superman. He could do it to Rulk, because he is gamma powered. lol

JBL
This SPITE thread still open as if Superman has a chance???? I thought spite threads get closed for spite.

ShadowFyre
Why are yall calling it metroman principle?

h1a8
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Why are yall calling it metroman principle?
The metroman principle is when a character is so fast that they can perceive normal events as if time is frozen. Like in the movie Metroman.

If Superman wanted to he can perceive events as if they are frozen in time. Remember the diner scene with flash, the scene where Clark is operating casually within the fraction of a nanosecond,the Femtosecond scene, etc. These all show the metroman principle.

JBL
The metroman principle is when a character is so fast that they can perceive normal events as if time is frozen. Like in the movie Metroman.

If Superman wanted to he can perceive events as if they are frozen in time. Remember the diner scene with flash, the scene where Clark is operating casually within the fraction of a nanosecond,the Femtosecond scene, etc. These all show the metroman principle. That diner was filled with NORMAL everyday people who spiderman can run circles around. These are SUPER characters in this thread, NOT waitresses, businessmen, bums and old people. Surfer would have walked in and slapped Superman and threw coffee in flash face.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
That diner was filled with NORMAL everyday people who spiderman can run circles around. These are SUPER characters in this thread, NOT waitresses, businessmen, bums and old people. Surfer would have walked in and slapped Superman and threw coffee in flash face.
laughing out loud

Stoic
That was funny.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.