Worst Game of 2020

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Which of these did you find to be the worst, the most boring, the one that ruined your experience the most?

ares834
A lot of these aren't bad games. Disappointing perhaps. But not bad and certainly not worst game of the year.

And what is Genshin Impact doing here? I, personally, have no interest in gacha games. But everything I've seen and heard suggests it's very high quality for a F2P game.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ares834
A lot of these aren't bad games. Disappointing perhaps. But not bad and certainly not worst game of the year.

And what is Genshin Impact doing here? I, personally, have no interest in gacha games. But everything I've seen and heard suggests it's very high quality for a F2P game.

Hence optional voting but for why Genshin's on here, well from what others have personally seen was a predatory loot box grindfest no different from others so figured fair enough.

ares834

Trocity
Predator: Hunting Grounds, without question. Ugly, boring, shallow gameplay.

It would be a shit game if it was free to play, nevermind that it actually costs money.

Nemesis X
RE3 Remake for me. It says something when your remake has less content than the original it's based on that was already criticized by reviewers & fans for being short. Bland, some broken parts, too much from the original cut, key moments from the original rushed if not outright removed, hardly any puzzles, soulless characters and the monster Nemesis (aka the game's selling point) has more restrictions than RE2's Mr. X. 100% tied down by the script with no free roaming AI never appearing at random giving fear, tension, challenge like he should've making the game ten times more boring as a result.

Kazenji
RE 3 remake is far a worst game, Disappointing sure...

Ridley_Prime
Them announcing there would be no DLC for it (outside of the Resistance mode updates) didn't help either. No attempt to even compensate for RE3; they just released it and quickly moved on. thumb down Much loss of goodwill.

Kazenji
Forgot to put "From" in my previous post, **** the 15 rule.

cdtm
Joke list without Doom Eternal.

Final Fantasy VII or Assassins Creed Valhalla deserve to be on it too.

But the worst game of 2020, by far, has to be Ghost of Tsushima.

ares834
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/fc/45/03/fc450307e81acaaec6406604fa227750.jpg

cdtm
kcl07CNEhEY

https://media.tenor.com/images/b88aaec19e0ceb4ca47c859f410f6908/tenor.png

ares834
"Ghost of Tsushima is yet another boring, generic, walking simulator for the PS4."

No. He's completely wrong. I don't think the game is as great as some. But criticizing it as a "walking simulator" or a "movie" shows he clearly hasn't played it. It's nothing like Uncharted or nu-GoW.

Edit: I'm pretty sure this is a parody account BTW.

Trocity
Originally posted by ares834
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/fc/45/03/fc450307e81acaaec6406604fa227750.jpg

thumb up

The pretentious attitude is so cringe.

And yes, he is a parody account. That he thought it was legit speaks volumes.

cdtm
Originally posted by Trocity
thumb up

The pretentious attitude is so cringe.

And yes, he is a parody account. That he thought it was legit speaks volumes.

You think Rocket League is the best multiplayer game ever, which as Nemebro pointed out is a garbage game, your opinions an absolute joke. laughing out loud

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
, your opinions an absolute joke. laughing out loud

The very same could be said for your opinion's too.

NemeBro
You think Rocket League is the best multiplayer game ever, which as Nemebro pointed out is a garbage game, your opinions an absolute joke. laughing out loud I never said Rocket League is a garbage game. I've never played it.

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro
I never said Rocket League is a garbage game. I've never played it.

...just remembered you said Overwatch. sad

Hang on a minute..

You think Overwatch is a decent multiplayer game, which as Nemebro pointed out is a garbage game, your opinions an absolute joke. laughing out loud

There we go.

Rocket League is pretty bad though, I don't recommend trying it.

Trocity
Don't get mad because I called you pretentious. You are.

A little passive aggressive, too. wink

jaden_2.0
kcl07CNEhEY

https://media.tenor.com/images/b88aaec19e0ceb4ca47c859f410f6908/tenor.png

He's partly right. I played Ghost enough to platinum it and have no desire to play it again. Same with AC: Valhalla (won't be getting the season pass stuff either)

I have just restarted Last of Us Part II on grounded permadeath though.

Horizon Zero Dawn is also one of my most replayable games. I usually play it or The Witcher III when I'm between playing new games. Sometimes RDR2 or GTAV as well. Just because their worlds are great to immerse yourself in.

They do have too many games where I have no inclination to replay them though and that's mostly due to their worlds just not being fun to be in.

-Pr-

Careful you don't cut yourself on all that edge.

BrolyBlack

You must be joking

Smasandian
Worst game I played this year was probably Battletoads. Nothing particularly wrong with it but just didn't feel good.

jaden_2.0
Valhalla probably was the worst game I played this year but then I only played 4

Last of Us Part II
Ghost of Tsushima
Death Stranding
AC Valhalla

Insane Titan

cdtm
I actually posted the video here first.

I know reading time stamps is a little over your head, being a "I pick things up and put them down" lunk head.

Assuming you haven't been straight up lying, and the heaviest weights you pick up is that slice of cake, before it goes into your ever expanding ass.

cdtm
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
You must be joking

Not about Doom Eternal.

That was bad, for reals.

Insane Titan

cdtm

Insane Titan

Impediment

cdtm

Impediment
No arguments from me.

We're all a little stir crazy, I apologize.

👍🏻

-Pr-
On topic. I'm gonna say that, like someone else said, a lot of the games people would call the worst, were just plain disappointing instead.

-TLOU2 had a crap story (imo, and it was well below the standard of the first game narrative wise).
-RE3 Remake felt like half a game.
-Fifa 21 wasn't bad, it just wasn't much different from previous releases.
-Avengers came out too soon, and it suffered more because of bugs than anything else.

Haven't played AC Valhalla, but I can't imagine it being terrible.

If I had to pick one? Warcraft III Reforged was an absolutely massive bait and switch.

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
On topic. I'm gonna say that, like someone else said, a lot of the games people would call the worst, were just plain disappointing instead.

-TLOU2 had a crap story (imo, and it was well below the standard of the first game narrative wise).
-RE3 Remake felt like half a game.
-Fifa 21 wasn't bad, it just wasn't much different from previous releases.
-Avengers came out too soon, and it suffered more because of bugs than anything else.

Haven't played AC Valhalla, but I can't imagine it being terrible.

If I had to pick one? Warcraft III Reforged was an absolutely massive bait and switch.

RE3 doesn't look so bad to me:

dgs9IUbUo0k

-Pr-
laughing out loud

Ah yes, the good ol' modding scene.

Just a shame half the game felt like it was missing.

Kazenji
Disliked what they did with Nemesis too, Should've been more like Mr X.

Ridley_Prime
Would've been more honest if the RE3make was $40 or something instead of the full $60 price. With how soon it was releasing after the RE2 one, should've seen the signs that it would be halfassed, but people were too caught up in the hype & success of RE2R to really have any suspicions at the time. Even the Resistance mode I wanted to like, but was too hard to look the other way from the predatory model and progression system.

Whatever REmake we may get next, I'll wait to hear from word of mouth on the length and content before I consider picking up. They're not getting me like that again.

Kazenji
I still haven't touched Resistance even tho it came with RE3 Remake.

Ridley_Prime
I give everything a chance in a game I have despite skepticism, but Resistance which only felt good on paper really should have just been Mercenaries; especially jarring when they brought back Tofu mode in the RE2make, but couldn't do the same for Mercs which debuted in RE3. Give the Mercenaries community a bone again, ffs.

cdtm
Projected worse game for 2021:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

By virtue of being Smash. The party game gamers (Including the faceless corporations and clueless nerds who run Evo) think is a competitive fighting game, and has mechanics so frustrating single player is a slog.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
Disliked what they did with Nemesis too, Should've been more like Mr X.

For me, I think that would have raised issues because Nemesis was faster, stronger and able to hurt you from range in a way Mr. X never could. I don't know how they would have balanced that out tbh.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
For me, I think that would have raised issues because Nemesis was faster, stronger and able to hurt you from range in a way Mr. X never could. I don't know how they would have balanced that out tbh.

Well all they did was swap them around from how they were originally in the older games.

Ridley_Prime
All the complaining from players about how OP Mr X was in the RE2make may have led to them toning down the general difficulty with Nemesis in the next game. The experience with Mr X was supposed to be buildup for Nemesis, not the other way around.

Kazenji
Bunch of weak ass gamers these days.

Ridley_Prime
The Marauder of Doom Eternal also proved this.

cdtm
This is why the last great Ninja Gaiden was II on the 360. Razor nerfed the legendary difficulty into oblivion, and the Sigma's fundamentally toned things down in a bad way.

Kazenji
There's even a easy mode mod for Sekiro for PC erm

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well all they did was swap them around from how they were originally in the older games.

Bascially, yeah. Sad too.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I give everything a chance in a game I have despite skepticism, but Resistance which only felt good on paper really should have just been Mercenaries; especially jarring when they brought back Tofu mode in the RE2make, but couldn't do the same for Mercs which debuted in RE3. Give the Mercenaries community a bone again, ffs.
Yeah, that was mostly my problem with the mode.

I just kept wishing for Mercenaries mode. It feels like such staple at this point, it's a shame not to include it. I love that RE is willing to experiment, but I'd like to see them play with the framework already set by Mercenaries/Raid. Don't discard it completely. Heck, I only let RE7 off the hook for not having Mercs due to how great all the other DLC was. Nightmare at least somewhat scratches the Mercs itch too.

There is some fun to be had in Resistance, but it felt like a halfway point between Mercs and Outbreak, while being worse than both. The asymmetric horror thing is being done better with Dead by Daylight and Identity V anyway.

Adam Grimes
Yeah, as much love as I have to RE3R and the original, it was definitely the most disappointing game this year. Too little content and the inclusion of Resistance was gimmicky at best.

samhain
Probably gonna pick up the RE2 remake soon, disappointed to hear the remake of RE3 isn't as good but I preferred Code: Veronica to RE3 anyway so here's hoping they do a better job with that if they decide to do a remake.

Adam Grimes
It's worth to get it on discount though. Think of it as dlc for RE2 lol

Smasandian
I enjoyed RE3 Remake. I never played the original but I still had fun. It is short and I would be unhappy if I paid full price...but I got it on on 50% plus sale (forget what the actually percentage was).

StyleTime
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yeah, as much love as I have to RE3R and the original, it was definitely the most disappointing game this year. Too little content and the inclusion of Resistance was gimmicky at best.
Yeah, disappointing is a good word, as Pr also said. I also enjoyed R3make a lot. While it did cut content, the things it does do are generally executed well. It was a positive experience overall, and I've played through multiple times.
Originally posted by samhain
Probably gonna pick up the RE2 remake soon, disappointed to hear the remake of RE3 isn't as good but I preferred Code: Veronica to RE3 anyway so here's hoping they do a better job with that if they decide to do a remake.
Both are actually on sale for 60%-70% off on a couple of platforms right now, including the deluxe edition(highly recommended). Perfect time to jump on them. Don't misunderstand us, R3make is still a good game, especially at such a discount.
Originally posted by Smasandian
I enjoyed RE3 Remake. I never played the original but I still had fun. It is short and I would be unhappy if I paid full price...but I got it on on 50% plus sale (forget what the actually percentage was).
thumb up

I also got it on sale, and felt pretty good about the purchase afterwards. Played the originals too though, and history repeats itself basically.

Even back then, RE3 was considered good but slightly worse than RE2. Nemesis was memorable as an enemy, but the game was a bit overshadowed by RE2 just like with the remakes.

Smasandian
In reality, even RE2 remake is still short and it was also at full price.

I think what Capcom should of done is combine both games together as one complete package. Interweave both stories into a new single player experience....

StyleTime
Hmm...I'm not sure I agree about RE2make. With the four main campaign scenarios, completely free dlc/extra stories/modes, and unlockables, it at least feels justifiable. It definitely expands on the original.

With R3make, there's just stuff missing completely, with Resistance being tasked with filling in the gap. Might even have worked if anyone actually wanted Resistance lol. And I guess the unlockable goodies for us RE nerds who will replay.

Adam Grimes
Also RE2R is only short when you learn the in and outs of both scenarios and are capable of making speedy playthroughs. But then you have the unlockables being attached to rankings and difficulties, 4th Survivor, tofu mode with various tofus to unlock and the Raccoon City stories or whatever they were called as free dlc.

RE3R on the other hand is very, very linear without too much to explore in the first few playthroughs.

Nemesis X
RE2 is not as short as the RE3 Remake. At least it offers replay value giving you the perspectives of both Leon & Claire with different cutscenes, weapons, character interactions and some alternate pathways. Comparing these remakes is...NO!

RE2 has more going for it carrying most of the original over, an actual love letter to it's fans. It's devs went through the effort spending more time, hiring people behind RE fan projects to help, talking with Shinji Mikami asking for his opinions, etc.. I'm not even sure if these guys who made RE3 Remake even played the original version and only skimmed through it like crazy fast resulting in this quarter cooked abomination.

-Pr-
My issue isn't as much with the length, as it is with how much content wasn't in RE3 that was in the original. Sure, 2 changed some stuff, but it still had most of the major areas and beats represented at least somewhat substantially.

RE3 didn't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.