Those who choose not to contribute to society do not deserve our help.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wxyz
If private organizations or people want to help them, fine.

But the Government, which only has money because the rest of us work,_ should not help them.

You choose to be a bum, be prepared to live like one.

Artol
I disagree, I think there is a base level of solidarity for all people, even if they can or won't contribute.

I also think you have to give people the opportunity to contribute, most people aren't born as slackers or good for nothings, their circumstances shape them into what they become, especially in a society where all the best opportunities are taken through luck and relationships, where most of the wealth is concentrated before people are born. Our society fails at giving people the tools and chances to be productive members of their community, and the system has to take responsibility for that failure as well, it can't just be "personal responsibility".

Wonder Man

Wonder Man

wxyz
Originally posted by Artol
I disagree, I think there is a base level of solidarity for all people, even if they can or won't contribute.

I also think you have to give people the opportunity to contribute, most people aren't born as slackers or good for nothings, their circumstances shape them into what they become, especially in a society where all the best opportunities are taken through luck and relationships, where most of the wealth is concentrated before people are born. Our society fails at giving people the tools and chances to be productive members of their community, and the system has to take responsibility for that failure as well, it can't just be "personal responsibility".

I'm not sure if your second point is addressing my point.

Apologies if I'm misreading it.

When I say people who choose not to, I'm referring to people who are able bodied and mind, and have the opportunity to contribute, and choose to freeload.

Wonder Man

Bashar Teg
*not-eon, sitting around bored, playing with his hair weave*

"I hate poor people. they chose to be poor"

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
*not-eon, sitting around bored, playing with his hair weave*

"I hate poor people. they chose to be poor" it's not unlike Eon is it?

Artol
Originally posted by wxyz
I'm not sure if your second point is addressing my point.

Apologies if I'm misreading it.

When I say people who choose not to, I'm referring to people who are able bodied and mind, and have the opportunity to contribute, and choose to freeload.

Well, I include mental issues in this as well, I don't think people generally want to be freeloaders if they can meaningfully contribute. I do think that the level of entry is very low nowadays, I can understand why some people don't really see the point in the jobs that are open to them; I don't subscribe to the believe that every job is worth doing. I personally see a lot of sense in a universal basic income, that alone would completely change some of the power dynamics, and open up completely different avenues for jobs and how much certain jobs will be considered to be worth.

And I guess just generally, I think the framing of freeloaders at the bottom as a big problem is misguided, the much bigger problem is freeloaders and welfare queens at the very top. And even if they aren't freeloaders, it's just a problem for a society when wealth is so significantly differently distributed, so that should be fixed first.

Blakemore
I'm not poor.

wxyz
Well, I include mental issues in this as well, I don't think people generally want to be freeloaders if they can meaningfully contribute. I do think that the level of entry is very low nowadays, I can understand why some people don't really see the point in the jobs that are open to them; I don't subscribe to the believe that every job is worth doing. I personally see a lot of sense in a universal basic income, that alone would completely change some of the power dynamics, and open up completely different avenues for jobs and how much certain jobs will be considered to be worth.

And I guess just generally, I think the framing of freeloaders at the bottom as a big problem is misguided, the much bigger problem is freeloaders and welfare queens at the very top. And even if they aren't freeloaders, it's just a problem for a society when wealth is so significantly differently distributed, so that should be fixed first.

I agree most people do not want to be freeloaders.

Freeloaders whether they are rich or poor are both a problem.

As a true Conservative, I'm against corporate welfare myself

Glad we seem to agree on that.

Originally posted by Blakemore
I'm not poor.

Glad to hear it.

Artol
Yeah, I think if we have to have corporate welfare at all it should be for small businesses. It's ridiculous that normal people and small businesses pay more in taxes and have less rights than huge corporations.

wxyz
Yeah, I think if we have to have corporate welfare at all it should be for small businesses. It's ridiculous that normal people and small businesses pay more in taxes and have less rights than huge corporations.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the enemy of small business is the Government.

truejedi

But the Government, which only has money because the rest of us work,_ should not help them.

You choose to be a bum, be prepared to live like one.

Poor people choose to be poor and should stop or starve. Got it.

Luckily, I also pay taxes, and I, and a lot of people like me disagree with you. Happy my taxes go to take care of the poor. Way better use of money than spending it on weapons. Change my mind.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by truejedi

Luckily, I also pay taxes, and I, and a lot of people like me disagree with you. Happy my taxes go to take care of the poor. Way better use of money than spending it on weapons. Change my mind. thumb up DDM and co have been pushing this narrative forever.

wxyz

Luckily, I also pay taxes, and I, and a lot of people like me disagree with you. Happy my taxes go to take care of the poor. Way better use of money than spending it on weapons. Change my mind.

Strawman.

Old Man Whirly!
Strawman. no you! When you remove the static of Voltron here, people don't agree with you generally here chummy.

BrolyBlack
shut up whrily, you are a white colonizer.

wxyz
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
no you! When you remove the static of Voltron here, people don't agree with you generally here chummy.

Do you have any thoughts on my thread topic?

Old Man Whirly!
There goes Voltron... too easy.

smile

BrolyBlack
Please go around the world and impregnate more minority women in your colonization efforts, very admirable. thumb down

Blakemore
He has a black wife so he's colonising. laughing out loud Such logic!

BrolyBlack
Colonizing: to settle among and establish political control over (the indigenous people of an area)

Blakemore
So he lives in Nigeria, what's the big deal?

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Colonizing: to settle among and establish political control over (the indigenous people of an area)

Blakemore
By banging his wife?

snowdragon
boop

Old Man Whirly!
He has a black wife so he's colonising. laughing out loud Such logic! and the majority of Africa is a "minority"... no Oh Broly!

snowdragon

I enjoy your empathy, I don't think you are correct HOWEVER I still believe in a ubi system I just don't think all that you say fits with the usa.

Blakemore
and the majority of Africa is a "minority"... no Oh Broly! Well a Nigerian prince once ate Samuel Doe in the late 80s so be careful! stick out tongue

wxyz
How many of you freeload off the rest of us?

Old Man Whirly!
Well a Nigerian prince once ate Samuel Doe in the late 80s so be careful! stick out tongue laughing out loud That's true.

truejedi
Happy for my tax dollars to support less fortunate people.

wxyz
Happy for my tax dollars to support less fortunate people.

I'd rather not support freeloaders, thanks.

Artol
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the enemy of small business is the Government.

I think it is more nuanced than that, really a lot of business is only possible due to government functions and is helped by it. I just wish they wouldn't favor the biggest corporations. But then again government seems like one of the best ways to reign them in, if we didn't have a government there would be almost nothing stopping the biggest corporations from dominating us even more than they do now.

wxyz
I think it is more nuanced than that, really a lot of business is only possible due to government functions and is helped by it. I just wish they wouldn't favor the biggest corporations. But then again government seems like one of the best ways to reign them in, if we didn't have a government there would be almost nothing stopping the biggest corporations from dominating us even more than they do now.

Are you Canadian by chance?

Artol
You think what I'm saying is a very Canadian view of the world?

wxyz
You think what I'm saying is a very Canadian view of the world?

Just curious is all.

And to your point about Government and the market.

I agree, some regulation is needed to protect consumers.

Cinder84
How many of you freeload off the rest of us? listen don't use those terminologies it's inappropriate.

wxyz
Originally posted by Cinder84
listen don't use those terminologies it's inappropriate.

Okay Surtur.

Blakemore
laughing out loud That's true. He went along with it because there was a "great feast" until he realised he was the feast... at which point, it was too late.

Tragic. erm

Cinder84
Durhhh

Blakemore
the lone ranger is a douche l-ilMYc5xdQ

Cinder84
the lone ranger is a douche l-ilMYc5xdQ shuts old

Cinder84
Too many chiefs not enough indians

Blakemore
Originally posted by Cinder84
shuts old chode

gold slorg
ban the op for personal attacks on Surtur imo

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by gold slorg
ban the op for personal attacks on Surtur imo laughing out loud thumb up

wxyz
laughing out loud thumb up

Hope you had a good Christmas, Whirly.

Flyattractor
Ahh the Good Old If You Don't Vote, Shut the FpHUCK UP Bit.

Love it.

Blakemore
laughing out loud

Flyattractor
Shut the FpHuck Up.

ArtificialGlory
He went along with it because there was a "great feast" until he realised he was the feast... at which point, it was too late.

Tragic. erm
Sounds like Communism to me.

Old Man Whirly!
Hope you had a good Christmas, Whirly. You too mate and yeah, i spent mine generally like Trump, playing golf.

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!

wxyz
You too mate and yeah, i spent mine generally like Trump, playing golf.

Sounds like you had a good time.

Newjak

You choose to be a bum, be prepared to live like one. Interesting

So basically work or die

wxyz
Why should the rest of us work, to support freeloaders?

victreebelvictr
Those that do not work do not deserve the help of the government. Rewards given to any race over the other is unacceptable as well.

Newjak
Why should the rest of us work, to support freeloaders? I mean in all honesty this question really comes down to your level of human empathy.

If you're okay watching "freeloaders" starve simply because they don't "want" to work then I'm not sure there is much I could do to convince you otherwise :/

Also I put two of the key words in parentheses because I don't believe they are a widespread problem. Definitely not enough of one to warrant the idea it's a problem that needs solved.

Most people that go on welfare tend to get off of it within five years. The biggest issue is that job wages haven't kept place with inflation. So there isn't a problem of motivation or people being freeloaders. It's a problem where the jobs available just aren't allowing people to survive.

I also think with advancements in technology we're getting to or are already at a point where the current model of earning a living is outdated.

At some point there will just be more people capable of working than there are jobs they can work. At that point we have to decide to let them starve or you know take care of them.

Artol
I do think we should have less freeloading capital owners, just sitting around getting welfare from "their" workers hard labor, but I suppose that's not the freeloaders that were meant here...

wxyz
Originally posted by Newjak
I mean in all honesty this question really comes down to your level of human empathy.

If you're okay watching "freeloaders" starve simply because they don't "want" to work then I'm not sure there is much I could do to convince you otherwise :/

Also I put two of the key words in parentheses because I don't believe they are a widespread problem. Definitely not enough of one to warrant the idea it's a problem that needs solved.

Most people that go on welfare tend to get off of it within five years. The biggest issue is that job wages haven't kept place with inflation. So there isn't a problem of motivation or people being freeloaders. It's a problem where the jobs available just aren't allowing people to survive.

I also think with advancements in technology we're getting to or are already at a point where the current model of earning a living is outdated.

At some point there will just be more people capable of working than there are jobs they can work. At that point we have to decide to let them starve or you know take care of them.

I agree most people are not freeloaders.

I also think your morality is skewed if you see no problem with taking money from those who work and giving it to those who choose not to contribute while simultaneously questioning my empathy.

I do think we should have less freeloading capital owners, just sitting around getting welfare from "their" workers hard labor, but I suppose that's not the freeloaders that were meant here...

Americans spend about $153,000,000,000 a year on Corporate welfare.

As I've said before, I'm against Corporate welfare.

victreebelvictr
I mean in all honesty this question really comes down to your level of human empathy.

At some point there will just be more people capable of working than there are jobs they can work. At that point we have to decide to let them starve or you know take care of them. Well, if they want to eat, then they will work for it.

Starving to death due to only one's laziness is pathetic.

Darth Thor
If you dont give benefits, then youll be no different to places like India crawling with homeless people and beggars everywhere.

If you want incentive for people to get off their butt, then you need to be regularly raising minimum wage. So then theres no doubt that people who are working are better off than those who dont.

But if you want to be a land of equal opportunities then you cant just let freeloaders and their children starve and freeze to death in their cardboard boxes.

Old Man Whirly!

At some point there will just be more people capable of working than there are jobs they can work. At that point we have to decide to let them starve or you know take care of them. Originally posted by Artol
I do think we should have less freeloading capital owners, just sitting around getting welfare from "their" workers hard labor, but I suppose that's not the freeloaders that were meant here... Originally posted by Darth Thor
If you dont give benefits, then youll be no different to places like India crawling with homeless people and beggars everywhere.

If you want incentive for people to get off their butt, then you need to be regularly raising minimum wage. So then theres no doubt that people who are working are better off than those who dont.

But if you want to be a land of equal opportunities then you cant just let freeloaders and their children starve and freeze to death in their cardboard boxes. thumb up Top notch stuff!

wxyz
Cheerleader.

Old Man Whirly!
I live now in the country with the highest level of poverty per capita in the world, over a 200 Nigerians work for me directly. We pay them twice minimum wage in the lowest jobs up to almost Western wages in the skilled jobs which is very high here.

We had a lad who had a stroke, he was kept on, because in countries without benefits and a disability you will die. He died anyway. Another example, I've used before is the girl who needed a cesarean section, the Nigerian employees had a whilp round and fell far short. I paid the rest for her out of my own pocket including her hospital stay. We do what we can but the State should do more, I have a standing order for a charity called shelter in the UK, because for the grace of chance lives change and any of us can lose our jobs. In recessions, it can be hard o find a new one, a friend of one of my sons has serious PTSD from Helmand and cannot work, his wife left him and he lives with his mother and father. Is he a freeloader? I give to a beggar daily here with no legs literally, for him his job in Nigeria is crawling to the side of the road hoping someone will provide him with money for food today before he returns to his hovel.

This isn't virtue signalling, this is life. I've seen families sell children around this world... We should be better in nations where we are able.

wxyz
@Whirly, I appreciate the post.

But I'm referring to people who choose not to contribute to society.

If people need help, due to outside factors, then we should help them.

Old Man Whirly!
@Whirly, I appreciate the post.

But I'm referring to people who choose not to contribute to society.

If people need help, due to outside factors, then we should help them. I don't think many people choose not to, and to equate the world as a level playing field simply isn't right. Even time plays a factor. In the early eighties in the UK whole communities were destroyed, the men who worked the mines for instance were not really equipped to work in other jobs at a time of high unemployment and retraining was not available anyway. They thought they had jobs for life and had families to support. Same with the Docks two decades earlier or steel around the same time. As the UK moved away from manufacturing at a grass roots level, the workers had nothing. Not even their self respect.

wxyz
I think very people choose not to, and to equate the world as a level playing field simply isn't right. Even time plays a factor. In the early eighties in the UK whole communities were destroyed, the men who worked the mines for instance were not really equipped to work in other jobs at a time of high unemployment and retraining was not available anyway. They thought they had jobs for lives and had famillies to support. Same with the Docks two decades earlier or steall around the same time. As the UK moved away from manufacturing at a grass roots level, the workers had nothing. Not even their self respect.

I agree that the majority of people are not freeloaders.

And it sucks that the Government and/or private industry does not equip people for new jobs when their old jobs become outdated.

And I hate the fact that Governments stood by and let Corporations screw over people who worked in manufacturing.

Old Man Whirly!
I agree that the majority of people are not freeloaders.

And it sucks that the Government and/or private industry does not equip people for new jobs when their old jobs become outdated.

And I hate the fact that Governments stood by and let Corporations screw over people who worked in manufacturing. Even what you call trailer park single mothers are often not freeloaders. They get pregnant, have the kid, perhaps they are religious and won't abort. They often get pregnant because they have also sorts of factors stacked against them including poor education. Should the kid they have not have food on the table and lose its mother?

wxyz
Even what you call trailer park single mothers are often not freeloaders. They get pregnant, have the kid, perhaps they are religious and won't abort. They often get pregnant because they have also sorts of factors stacked against them including poor education. Should the kid they have not have food on the table and lose its mother?

No.

Kids are minors and should be taken care of.

BrolyBlack
I want whirly to do all the work and I want all his money.

Newjak
I want whirly to do all the work and I want all his money. Talk about straw man fallacy this might be a textbooks example lol

BrolyBlack
Not a strawman.

Facts

I want what I want

Old Man Whirly!
No.

Kids are minors and should be taken care of. Even if that includes supporting the mother?

wxyz
Even if that includes supporting the mother?

Yes or legal guardian(s).

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Darth Thor

But if you want to be a land of equal opportunities then you cant just let freeloaders and their children starve and freeze to death in their cardboard boxes. Not starving is beneficial enough, don't you think?

Old Man Whirly!
Yes or legal guardian(s). That's fair enough.

wxyz
That's fair enough.

Glad we agree on something. thumb up

Darth Thor
Also its very difficult to know who genuinely cant work or cant find a job, or who genuinely need help to feed their kids, and differentiate them from those who are just freeloading off the system.

So we can talk about not supporting freeloaders all we want, but its an almost impossible group to specifically target.

Old Man Whirly!
Also its very difficult to know who genuinely cant work or cant find a job, or who genuinely need help to feed their kids, and differentiate them from those who are just freeloading off the system.

So we can talk about not supporting freeloaders all we want, but its an almost impossible group to specifically target. thumb up I agree 100%

victreebelvictr

So we can talk about not supporting freeloaders all we want, but its an almost impossible group to specifically target. Well, we aren't trying to target them. Instead, we are talking about them if we were to know exactly who do not contribute to society due to pure laziness.

Obviously, the cases you just described exist and likely are greater than the population of just lazy freeloaders, but we aren't talking about them at all. erm

Darth Thor
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Well, we aren't trying to target them. Instead, we are talking about them if we were to know exactly who do not contribute to society due to pure laziness.

Obviously, the cases you just described exist and likely are greater than the population of just lazy freeloaders, but we aren't talking about them at all. erm

Its relevant to point out though. Because the thread title is that they dont deserve our help, implying we shouldnt be aiding them, but as I said thats probably not logistically possible without effecting other groups who need the help.

victreebelvictr
Its relevant to point out though. Because the thread title is that they dont deserve our help, implying we shouldnt be aiding them, but as I said thats probably not logistically possible without effecting other groups who need the help. It is not relevant to the title because it has nothing to do with the title.

It says "Those who choose not to contribute to society do not deserve our help." Therefore, it is specifically identifying those who do not contribute rather than those who are simply in a difficult spot financially.

It likely isn't very easy or possible to differentiate the two groups in order to reward each righteously, but it would be justice to if we could (which I believe is the point of this thread).

wxyz
thumb up

Darth Thor
It is not relevant to the title because it has nothing to do with the title.

It says "Those who choose not to contribute to society do not deserve our help." Therefore, it is specifically identifying those who do not contribute rather than those who are simply in a difficult spot financially.

It likely isn't very easy or possible to differentiate the two groups in order to reward each righteously, but it would be justice to if we could (which I believe is the point of this thread).

The OP literally stares the government should not be helping them. So pointing out the fact that it is logistically almost impossible for them to do that without effecting others is definitely worth pointing out.

Old Man Whirly!
The OP literally stares the government should not be helping them. So pointing out the fact that it is logistically almost impossible for them to do that without effecting others is definitely worth pointing out. thumb up

snowdragon
Those that willfully act to not contribute shouldn't be given access to the fruits of that society, some might believe empathy is the path but once again the word willfully is the key determining factor imo.

Flyattractor
So you aint a socialist then.

victreebelvictr
The OP literally stares the government should not be helping them. So pointing out the fact that it is logistically almost impossible for them to do that without effecting others is definitely worth pointing out. I see your point.

Do you believe benefits should be given to the freeloaders if it is possible to identify the two groups from each other?

That is the foremost question asked in this thread.

Darth Thor
I see your point.

Do you believe benefits should be given to the freeloaders if it is possible to identify the two groups from each other?

That is the foremost question asked in this thread.

A very minimalist amount. We shouldnt have people living in cardboard boxes IMO. Even homeless shelters.

Because Once you are there its very difficult to work your way up id imagine.

victreebelvictr
A very minimalist amount. We shouldnt have people living in cardboard boxes IMO. Even homeless shelters.

Because Once you are there its very difficult to work your way up id imagine. That is true. I personally have a buddy named Chris who was stuck on the street for over 20 years easily.

Though it was only difficult for him to get back on track due to his addiction to drugs, and actually had an easy time qualifying for another job.

He qualified due to his desire to work hard and earn profit.

Don't you think those that choose to live on the sidewalk should reap what they sow?

It isn't impossible to get back up, and it is likely their fault if they get in that situation in the first place.

ArtificialGlory

Darth Thor
That is true. I personally have a buddy named Chris who was stuck on the street for over 20 years easily.

Though it was only difficult for him to get back on track due to his addiction to drugs, and actually had an easy time qualifying for another job.

He qualified due to his desire to work hard and earn profit.

Don't you think those that choose to live on the sidewalk should reap what they sow?

It isn't impossible to get back up, and it is likely their fault if they get in that situation in the first place.

I think its hard to get a job without a permanent address.

Plus Most these guys wont be the exceptional type.

I think having less than everyone else is a punishment. I think where freeloaders are just as well off as working people, then thats an issue. But thats where a higher living wage comes in.

eThneoLgrRnae

Without weapons we wouldn't be able to defend ourselves from those who do have weapons. And no, we will never be able to get rid of ALL weapons or have total world peace, at least not until Jesus Christ (the real One, not the imposter antichrist) returns. Without weapons we wouldn't have any protection against a tyrranical government and our others rights would be rendered moot.

I'm all for helping people out financially who need it and are disabled in some way. Freeloaders though who have absolutely no reasonable excuse not to get a job hurt our economy/country.

It's much better to teach someone how to fish rather than give them a constant supply of free fish. Change my mind if you can (which you can't, I can assure you), socialist.

Raptor22
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
It's much better to teach someone how to fish rather than give them a constant supply of free fish. Change my mind if you can (which you can't, I can assure you). but if u teach them to fish u will no longer have control over how many fish they take. Plus If they rely on u to give them fish everyday u can monitor and control the supply of fish and rule the harbor. smile

eThneoLgrRnae
Oh, and lol @ the retarded argument of raising minimum wage as if that is actually going to help anything. If it is raised then the prices of everything will just keep going up everytime you raised it and you've solved nothing.

Not to mention that employers will just start laying people off if the minimum wage keeps being raised.

Oh socialists... smh. no

wxyz
Oh, and lol @ the retarded argument of raising minimum wage as if that is actually going to help anything. If it is raised then the prices of everything will just keep going up everytime you raised it and you've solved nothing.

Not to mention that employers will just start laying people off if the minimum wage keeps being raised.

Oh socialists... smh.

I worked at a restaurant here, and when the minimum wage went up to $14 an hour (up from $11.60), the owner raised all the prices.

eThneoLgrRnae
I worked at a restaurant here, and when the minimum wage went up to $14 an hour (up from $11.60), the owner raised all the prices.

Of course he did. What a shock lol.

victreebelvictr
I worked at a restaurant here, and when the minimum wage went up to $14 an hour (up from $11.60), the owner raised all the prices. A good example of what happens when you raise minimum wage.

If they are too lazy to not starve, a few extra bucks is not going to help anything. erm

Bashar Teg
who gets to decide who is a "freeloader" and who is not? no wait, let me guess, same people who say a "few extra dollars won't help". they're all wealthy and they all have a sadistic hatred of the needy. same pieces of shit who enforced mandatory drug tests on everyone collecting welfare. they take any opportunity to bully all the poor and take away their dignity, just to catch a couple of "freeloaders"

eThneoLgrRnae
Freeloader (noun)- a person who takes advantage of others' generosity without giving anything in return.

That is not a right-wing definition of the word. It is simply THE definition. Sorry if that hurts your fragile wittle fee fees.

wxyz
thumb up

victreebelvictr
Wxyz, are you a Christian?

wxyz
No, Agnostic.

What Religion do you subscribe to, if any?

victreebelvictr
No, Agnostic.

What Religion do you subscribe to, if any? I am a Baptist.

I only asked because it seemed that you were interested in the trinity. Seems like you simply wanted an explanation for kicks though. laughing out loud

wxyz
No, I'm actually interested in Religion.

It's fascinating.

Still don't understand the Trinity though.

wxyz
Originally posted by snowdragon
Those that willfully act to not contribute shouldn't be given access to the fruits of that society, some might believe empathy is the path but once again the word willfully is the key determining factor imo.

thumb up

Artol
Society is a more pleasant and better place to live in for everyone if those that can not (or ostensibly willfully do not) contribute are still taken care of to an acceptable standard.

Flyattractor
Like in a Work Camp. Good Place for Lazy POS Pot Heads.

Society is a more pleasant and better place to live in for everyone if those that can not (or ostensibly willfully do not) contribute are still taken care of to an acceptable standard.

You want someone to wipe your ass for you. Go Phuck Yer Momma up her ass.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
who gets to decide who is a "freeloader" and who is not? no wait, let me guess, same people who say a "few extra dollars won't help". they're all wealthy and they all have a sadistic hatred of the needy. same pieces of shit who enforced mandatory drug tests on everyone collecting welfare. they take any opportunity to bully all the poor and take away their dignity, just to catch a couple of "freeloaders"

Here is a good article On the Myths of Waste, Fraud, and Abuse.

Darth Thor

And thats worse than raising minimum wage because....

As for lay offs, its mostly scaremongering and not backed by any concrete economics. Quite the opposite. But in any case, those people claim unemployment benefits. Which we have no issue giving because they are clearly not freeloaders.

Oh socialists... smh. no

Says the retard whose brain dead enough to believe the election was stolen just because Trump says so.

You literally would jump off a cliff if Trump told you do.

Artol

that just means that beforehand the cheap prices were created by paying you less. So every dollar a customer saved was a dollar less for you to spend. That is if he put 100% of the increased cost into increased prices, it might also have eaten into his profit margin, of course.

Artol

Oh socialists... smh. no

I don't think that's economically correct. There are limits of course, you couldn't give everyone a minimum wage of 500$ per hour without significant inflation, but within reason minimum wage increases have almost only benefits, not just directly to the workers who get a more accurate wage reflecting the worth of their labor, but also the economy as a whole, as money at given to the people earning least has the best multipliers, jump starting the economy, a sort of trickle up economics (which has the advantage of actually working unlike trickle down economics, which is just a one way street to enrich the wealthiest and most corrupt).

eThneoLgrRnae

So you want a nanny state. I'm not surprised. You are a fan of socialist crazies like AOC and Sanders , after all.

Old Man Whirly!
So you want a nanny state. I'm not surprised. You are a fan of socialist crazies like AOC and Sanders , after all. Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Blakemore
All religions derive from either ancient Egypt or ancient China.

Old Man Whirly!
Nah, some far predate that. Spoken indian and Australian religions for example.

Blakemore
Hmm. I'd argue against the Indians but the Aussies are mostly extinct. New Zealanders too. erm Sorry. British colonialism from decades ago. I was not involved!

Artol
So you want a nanny state. I'm not surprised. You are a fan of socialist crazies like AOC and Sanders , after all.

Yeah, I guess it's not surprising, haha.

Darth Thor

Old Man Whirly!
Hmm. I'd argue against the Indians but the Aussies are mostly extinct. New Zealanders too. erm Sorry. British colonialism from decades ago. I was not involved! interestingly, you can probably trace semitic religion to Turkey 10,000 years ago.

Old Man Whirly!

Blakemore
interestingly, you can probably trace semitic religion to Turkey 10,000 years ago. We all came from Africa.

wxyz
And thats worse than raising minimum wage because....

As for lay offs, its mostly scaremongering and not backed by any concrete economics. Quite the opposite. But in any case, those people claim unemployment benefits. Which we have no issue giving because they are clearly not freeloaders.

that just means that beforehand the cheap prices were created by paying you less. So every dollar a customer saved was a dollar less for you to spend. That is if he put 100% of the increased cost into increased prices, it might also have eaten into his profit margin, of course.

If you raise the minimum wage, businesses raise prices.

Like you're back to square one.

Darth Thor

I disagree because Its not exactly proportional.

The guy on the new minimum wage will still be better off.

Old Man Whirly!
We all came from Africa. Not according to Ethneo or DDM we didn't!

BrolyBlack
We all came from Africa.

Whirly never left Africa, he’s stuck in the past.

Old Man Whirly!
Whirly never left Africa, he’s stuck in the past. Wouldn't being stuck in the past make me a conservative?

Blakemore
Whirly never left Africa, he’s stuck in the past. He's a Brit who went to Nigeria. I think he was born in London... erm

Old Man Whirly!
He's a Brit who went to Nigeria. I think he was born in London... erm Yeah, the London borrough of Bromley. I grew up in South London in Lewisham , Bromley and Southwark.

Blakemore
My sympathies.

BrolyBlack
My sympathies.

Agreedthumb up

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!
Three in a row. Whirly gets a prize laughing out loud

BrolyBlack
Do you want a cookie?

Blakemore
Oreo or chocolate chip?

eThneoLgrRnae

Bingo. I mean, that is just basic common sense but apparently many here are sorely lacking in that area.

eThneoLgrRnae
We all came from Africa.

Nope.

Perhaps your ancestors were apes/monkeys though lol. That I could believe. laughing out loud

eThneoLgrRnae
Wouldn't being stuck in the past make me a conservative?

Conservatives aren't stuck in the past, you dimwit.

When you are right there is absolutely zero reason to change. Do you realize that 2 + 2 = 4 was just as true 6,000 years ago as it is today? It hasn't changed. smile

How the Hell do you improve on that? Answer: you can't. wink

Quincy
Conservatives aren't stuck in the past, you dimwit.

To be fair "Make America Great Again" is implying that the person making that statement wants to return to a past status. That's what again means, to return to a previous condition or position.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Quincy
To be fair "Make America Great Again" is implying that the person making that statement wants to return to a past status. That's what again means, to return to a previous condition or position. yes, again means to repeat, revisit, return and in Trumpers like Ethneo's case, simply reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! thumb up Top notch! laughing out loud

Blakemore
Theloneranger is a chode.

eThneoLgrRnae
Quincy: No shit, my lefty snowflake friend. Wanting to return America to the great country it once was is not being "stuck in the past" though.

eThneoLgrRnae
Theloneranger is a chode.

You're an idiot.... and a drunkard.

Old Man Whirly!
Theloneranger is a chode. I thought that was Broly?

Robtard
You're an idiot.... and a drunkard.

^Why is Star so triggered today?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>