Republican gerrymandering another rightist special rule!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!

Robtard
Gerrymandering is how Republicans win seats in the House of Representatives. Without it, they'd never have control of the House.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
Gerrymandering is how Republicans win seats in the House of Representatives. Without it, they'd never have control of the House. your system is even more stupid than ours.

Robtard
TBF, Democrats do it too, but comparing the two is like saying both a serial rapist and a shoplifter are both criminals, while ignoring context.

Old Man Whirly!
TBF, Democrats do it too, but comparing the two is like saying both a serial rapist and a shoplifter are both criminals, while ignoring context. Yup, we have it happen sometimes its called a filibuster.

Newjak
Ohio also has this problem.

It's turned what once a swing state that was roughly equal in representation into a pure Republican controlled state within a decade. Even though the voting patterns haven't changed that much.

I also agree with Robtard's analogy of the two parties

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Yup, we have it happen sometimes its called a filibuster. I meant talking to prevent bills going through for filibuster, which I think is an American term

The gerrymandering issue is something the Tories do here to stop fair representation in a district. It is much more of a problem from the GOP in the states. Trump has never won the popular vote and gerrymandering reduces the effect of the popular vote still further.

Robtard
Republicans are redistricting like mad now (aka gerrymandering), they really want to gain control of the House next year.

Old Man Whirly!
Republicans are redistricting like mad now (aka gerrymandering), they really want to gain control of the House next year. The Tories do it in the UK too. It's a rightwing tactic, whenever boundary changes happen it's a problem here. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/13/boundary-changes-tories-ruthless-gerrymandering

Blakemore
your system is even more stupid than ours. Yeah, I've just looked at the new proposed boundaries for 2023. Looking at the boundaries, it looks like I'm going to have a new MP with an even stronger Labour support than the previous one.

cdtm
So what I'm hearing is the Republicans are more politically savvy than Democrats.

No duh. 😤

Patient_Leech
Tell me about it. I live in Georgia.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by cdtm
So what I'm hearing is the Republicans are more politically savvy than Democrats.

No duh. 😤

If by that you mean more inclined to be dishonest and cheat, yes.

cdtm
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
If by that you mean more inclined to be dishonest and cheat, yes.

What rules are they breaking? smile

Patient_Leech
Voting rights. It's disenfranchisement.

Oh I know Republicans can rationalize it with all sorts of mental gymnastics and political rhetoric, but it totally doesn't respect "Freedoms and Democracy and the Constitution" like they love to claim they represent.

cdtm
Voting rights. It's disenfranchisement.

Oh I know Republicans can rationalize it with all sorts of mental gymnastics and political rhetoric, but it totally doesn't respect "Freedoms and Democracy and the Constitution" like they love to claim they represent.

Democrats argued against mail in voting. In the 2000 election.

Back when only Republican seniors needed them. In fact, it was the New York Times who argued mail in voting in not secure.

It was only when it would hurt Republicans that they suddenly started arguing how air tight against tampering mail in voting is.

Patient_Leech
It was only when it would hurt Republicans that they suddenly started arguing how air tight against tampering mail in voting is.

Ignoring the fact that it made voting safer during a pandemic and helped enfranchise many, many people, are you?

In a way that's the opposite of gerrymandering.

truejedi
All the screaming Republicans do about voter fraud really seems like a he who smelt it dealt it sort of thing.

cdtm
Ignoring the fact that it made voting safer during a pandemic and helped enfranchise many, many people, are you?

In a way that's the opposite of gerrymandering.

Just like voter ID laws disenfranchise voters?

Funny how every measure Democrats push make the system less secure against fraud.

Patient_Leech

Funny how every measure Democrats push make the system less secure against fraud.

LOL, keep trying with the false equivalency and fear of voter fraud that doesn't exist (except for the few occasions of people trying to vote for Trump twice, of course).

Old Man Whirly!

Funny how every measure Democrats push make the system less secure against fraud. durmask nuttyOriginally posted by Patient_Leech
LOL, keep trying with the false equivalency and fear of voter fraud that doesn't exist (except for the few occasions of people trying to vote for Trump twice, of course). thumb up

cdtm
LOL, keep trying with the false equivalency and fear of voter fraud that doesn't exist (except for the few occasions of people trying to vote for Trump twice, of course).

The New York Times argued they are NOT secure.

When it would have benefited Bush to have mail in voting.

Robtard
The Tories do it in the UK too. It's a rightwing tactic, whenever boundary changes happen it's a problem here. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/13/boundary-changes-tories-ruthless-gerrymandering

Like two shit sides of the same shit coin, eh

Robtard
Tell me about it. I live in Georgia.

Can only imagine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.