Darth Vader vs Sidious ( See details)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Both at peak who will win in a light saber duel only?

relentless1
Sidious, beat the Zabrak bros with ease, carved up 3 Council members in seconds; did the same thing after the formation of the Empire where he cut down several Jedi with one swipe in his throne room, in the novel Lords of the Sith, Vader was taken aback and amazed and the speed and dexterity with which Sidious dispatched the Lyle nest and that was all well before his prime power

Darthadi
Sidious should stomp

Forschbewithu
Vader is better than Sidious in sabers. I feel like that's a well-known fact that canon established.

However, as we've seen in the comics, Sidious doesn't need (nor would he) use a lightsaber to defeat Vader.

Trocity
Where is Vader confirmed to be a better lightsaber duelist than Palpatine in canon? Not that stupid magazine that lists "5 red lightsaber wielders", surely?

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by Trocity
Where is Vader confirmed to be a better lightsaber duelist than Palpatine in canon? Not that stupid magazine that lists "5 red lightsaber wielders", surely?

Well, for starters it's a book. And a book that is published as official canon. You don't have to like it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's true.

By no means am I saying Vader would stomp Sidious in an all out. He's just the greater duelist. Unless there's something new that contradicts this.

Eli Vanto
Theres nothing that contradicts it.

Trocity
Feats, but yeah.

Scizard
TROS Sidious probably one shots tbf

Darth Thor
Unless ESB Palpatines Saber skills have gone to complete shit, he would win. All that power in the force will enhance his speed and strength to stupid levels.

Also I like how everyone likes quoting the top 5 red duelists as proof that Vader is better than Sidious in Sabers, but none of those same people take it as fact that Maul would best Dooku in Sabers, or heck even Ventress beat Kylo. I would personally be perfectly happy with that list, but its funny how people pick and choose.

Darthadi
The list canonicity is dubious.

https://mobile.twitter.com/authoradambray/status/1222900429505253376

Scizard
The list would be outdated for all of Kylo's new feats anyway it's quite old iirc.

Galan007
Originally posted by Darthadi
The list canonicity is dubious.

https://mobile.twitter.com/authoradambray/status/1222900429505253376 The Tweet you posted is dubious, though: "I believe"... "To my recollection." Certainly doesn't come off as authoritative by any stretch.

I know people like to go the Tweet route for things like this, but even Matt Martin has said on more than one occasion that Tweets are not canonical in and of themselves -- published material always takes precedence:
https://i.imgur.com/jeFfjrT.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/2N8lfor.jpg

That said, the list also says "Top 5 red lightsaber wielders", followed by each character receiving a specific numerical entry, from 1-5. Doesn't seem like the placements were meant to be 'randomized' to me. /shrug

But if you choose not to believe that, I get it. You're certainly not the first person who has ever disagreed with the order. thumb up

Originally posted by Scizard
The list would be outdated for all of Kylo's new feats anyway it's quite old iirc. It was released just before TFA.

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx

Darth Thor

xPRIMEx
Indeed, but the movie hadn’t been released yet and his abilities were still unknown.

It’s also not up to date on TLJ and ROS.

xPRIMEx

Galan007
Yeah, it would only pertain to the level Kylo was intended to be operating at when TFA was originally released.

Darth Thor

xPRIMEx
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He was canon at the time though.

Look i dont buy into that list anyway. Im a Maul fan but Im not convinced Maul takes Dooku in Sabers just because of that list.
I agree. I just don’t think they added him to the list because the movie wasn’t out yet and his abilities were unknown.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
I just don’t think they added him to the list because the movie wasn’t out yet and his abilities were unknown.

I think youre right that they thought its too early to add him before anyone has seen him in a lightsaber fight. But I also think it had little to do with abilities, and more to do with exposure.

I have no doubt that list today would have Kylo and not Ventress. (Not saying he would be no. 5, just that he would kick her off the list).

Bentley
Are there any other quotes or sources that suggest Vader can hang with Sidious?

Eli Vanto
I don't think so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.