Odin vs Uatu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Classic or current versions of both, who wins?

GenghisJuan
The Marvel guides say Uatu rivals Odin in power, so off of that you could say draw.

In terms of feats, probably Odin unless I'm missing something.

Wonder Man
I think Odin marshals and can predetermine a battle with skill.
It would be interesting to see the way it plays out.
Uatu should be able to know enough free will to make it precision.
Odin though determined more than anyone.

tru-marvell
I always considered Uatu and Zuras ( who remembers him) as peers and Odin a step above them.
Odin 7/10

h1a8
I think Watchers are closer in power to Celestials than Odin is. Thats just my opinion.

GenghisJuan
Watchers and Celestials had a war, so I guess you could make that argument.
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/85165/1678168-fantasticfourv140006.jpg

lawest9
At least a Odin/Asgardians destroyer put up more of a fight.

HumbleServant
If I remember correctly Odin met a watcher. I think it was Uatu. He yelled at him for never interfering with events

lawest9
Originally posted by HumbleServant
If I remember correctly Odin met a watcher. I think it was Uatu. He yelled at him for never interfering with events You may be talking about the 'Reigning' story line.

tru-marvell
My reasoning in choosing Odin is that on any given day Uatu power set is impressive...total control of his molecular structure...great matter/energy manipulation...true immortality and high level telepathy
But he has not displayed these abilities on a scale to rival Odins.
To my memory I would say Uatu's greatest feat would be hiding the entire Earth from Galactus.

h1a8
Originally posted by lawest9
At least a Odin/Asgardians destroyer put up more of a fight. powered by the all the pantheons and the Odin sword.

Those few Celestials would have wiped Odin and all the Asgardians in less than 1 day.

The watchers fought Celestials for thousands of years.

zopzop
Not all Watchers are created equal. Quasar put up one hell of a fight vs a Rogue Watcher and had him down before the Stranger jumped in to help. Having said that, Uatu isn't your run of the mill Watcher (he's taken out other Watchers before in a fight, like Aaron the Rogue).

I'm going with Odin simply because he's more experienced in fights and has a longer history of matches against powerful opponents.

Stoic
Back in the day I would've given this to Uatu by a slight margin, but Marvel has given their Sky Fathers some love. They both have lows. Odin got rag dolled by Mangog, and Uatu got T Bagged by Rulk. Overall, I just don't see Uatu doing very well against Galactus.

Odin 7/10 imo.

lawest9
Originally posted by Stoic
Back in the day I would've given this to Uatu by a slight margin, but Marvel has given their Sky Fathers some love. They both have lows. Odin got rag dolled by Mangog, and Uatu got T Bagged by Rulk. Overall, I just don't see Uatu doing very well against Galactus.

Odin 7/10 imo. Didn't Uatu got laid low by a crazed Nick Fury with a hand gun?

celeyhyga17
Classic Odin had better feats I think.

abhilegend
Uatu

deft
Hulk.

leonidas
any version is close. way back in ss's first appearance, uatu says galactus is the only being in the universe who could match him in power. of course, odin said something similar i think in early thor (or thor told galactus odin's power rivalled his?) anyway, any interaction between odin and uatu depicts them as relative equals. both have some piss-poor showings but i like zop's reasoning. odin is certainly the more experienced fighter and has the higher highs i think. low lows are pretty even. i'd give odin a slight edge here overall.

Old Man Whirly!
Did anyone ever read the original story about how the watchers got their powers ? It was very cool, they were the first race, gained immortality, iterferred with another races development who blew themselves up. So they swore to just observe... I think Odin probably wins with a Galactus headbutt.

lawest9
I saw Surfer manhandle physically a rouge watcher, guess they vary in power.

GenghisJuan
Originally posted by leonidas
of course, odin said something similar i think in early thor (or thor told galactus odin's power rivalled his?)

Do you mean these from Thor #162 and #168?
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-c705674fe9b8382bb1c7e8eebe8bcf93
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-6ea9b3c557fab7a46c36f7733958ba84

leonidas
thumb up

there's another scene where thor says something similar as well. anyway, the golden age versions seemed extremely close in power. not sure that's really changed very much. it's definitely clear that watchers are not all created equal though.

abhilegend
Originally posted by lawest9
I saw Surfer manhandle physically a rouge watcher, guess they vary in power.
Never happened. Surfer recently just bounced off Fury with Uatu powers.

lawest9
It did happen, perhaps It was an alternate dimension happening but I saw it, and the rouge watcher was not Uatu.

abhilegend
Maybe.

leonidas
he might be talking about the uni-lord saga, when he grabbed vartu by the throat. that whole story was whacked though. not sure what perez was thinking. his confrontation with vartu was complicated by all the souls he possessed i think. terrible arc.

celeyhyga17
thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
he might be talking about the uni-lord saga, when he grabbed vartu by the throat. that whole story was whacked though. not sure what perez was thinking. his confrontation with vartu was complicated by all the souls he possessed i think. terrible arc. Yes it wasthumb up

lawest9
he might be talking about the uni-lord saga, when he grabbed vartu by the throat. that whole story was whacked though. not sure what perez was thinking. his confrontation with vartu was complicated by all the souls he possessed i think. terrible arc. There you go.

abhilegend
he might be talking about the uni-lord saga, when he grabbed vartu by the throat. that whole story was whacked though. not sure what perez was thinking. his confrontation with vartu was complicated by all the souls he possessed i think. terrible arc.
Its an alternate reality.

leonidas
Originally posted by abhilegend
Its an alternate reality.

you've said that before and i've disagreed before. i understand your reasoning for believing that to be the case i think--the watcher's discussion with ss, saying he failed to go through, the scene with quasar in the final part of it. communication beam. i'm not even going to deny that it could well have been an alternate reality, in retrospect. but i DO think it's still canon to ss. doesn't mean much anyway because it was so convoluted. there's a scene in 121 that says EPILOGUE--CORRECTION, PROLOGUE. it clearly implies to me that while the events happened, the rift played havoc with space/time. the reference to the epilogue as a prologue could explain away the watcher/ss convo and explain how the comm beam seemed to hit him at the end and taht no time seemed to pass. i see the rift as a glitch in space/time, but it was still 616 ss who experienced the events, whether they happened in an alternate universe or took place on the far side of the universe like it said.

i'm not gonna pursue this further because the story sucked so hard it isn't worth it, but that's my take. feel free to dismiss it.

btw i only ever brought it up to suggest that's where law might have seen the scene. like i said, his manhandling vartu (who is also referenced as a 616 character thumb up

celeyhyga17

btw i only ever brought it up to suggest that's where law might have seen the scene. like i said, his manhandling vartu (who is also referenced as a 616 character thumb up
As in a bio/handbook or based on the story? Im saying he's 616 too, but i was just wondering if he was actually designated in a handbook type of publishing.

leonidas
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
As in a bio/handbook or based on the story? Im saying he's 616 too, but i was just wondering if he was actually designated in a handbook type of publishing.

read that back and realized i didn't finish that sentence. lol should have said: "like i said, his manhandling vartu (who is also referenced as a 616 character) is meaningless because of the 'soul power' he possessed."

anyway, the most credible source to give vartu the 616 designation is the marvunapp site. not perfect, i know, but generally very accurate. there are loads of other fan sites but none are verified of course. more curious, there isn't any site anywhere that i can find that supports the idea that the story is NOT canon to the surfer, or that references any of the supporting characters as anything other than 616. shrug

celeyhyga17
Ah ok cool

abhilegend
you've said that before and i've disagreed before. i understand your reasoning for believing that to be the case i think--the watcher's discussion with ss, saying he failed to go through, the scene with quasar in the final part of it. communication beam. i'm not even going to deny that it could well have been an alternate reality, in retrospect. but i DO think it's still canon to ss. doesn't mean much anyway because it was so convoluted. there's a scene in 121 that says EPILOGUE--CORRECTION, PROLOGUE. it clearly implies to me that while the events happened, the rift played havoc with space/time. the reference to the epilogue as a prologue could explain away the watcher/ss convo and explain how the comm beam seemed to hit him at the end and taht no time seemed to pass. i see the rift as a glitch in space/time, but it was still 616 ss who experienced the events, whether they happened in an alternate universe or took place on the far side of the universe like it said.

i'm not gonna pursue this further because the story sucked so hard it isn't worth it, but that's my take. feel free to dismiss it.

Not really, it is clearly shown that 616 Surfer never actually went into the unilord universe and he has never shown memories of the travels in the unilord universe to claim it is canon to him.

abhilegend
read that back and realized i didn't finish that sentence. lol should have said: "like i said, his manhandling vartu (who is also referenced as a 616 character) is meaningless because of the 'soul power' he possessed."

anyway, the most credible source to give vartu the 616 designation is the marvunapp site. not perfect, i know, but generally very accurate. there are loads of other fan sites but none are verified of course. more curious, there isn't any site anywhere that i can find that supports the idea that the story is NOT canon to the surfer, or that references any of the supporting characters as anything other than 616. shrug
Vartu was a watcher from 616 universe who went into the unilord universe.

leonidas
Vartu was a watcher from 616 universe who went into the unilord universe.

i agree. but he died and couldn't make it back. ss DID make it back. least imo. we KNOW time and space were messed up by the rift/wave, so it's not hard to believe his memories would be screwed up.

StiltmanFTW

Is the Uni-Lord saga canon to 616?

leonidas
abhi thinks it isn't, i think it is. believe who you will.... shifty

StiltmanFTW
Marvel Database seems to agree with you and they're pretty good when it comes to determining the canonicity of events.

But I can't really comment since I haven't read that arc. It's discussed here pretty often, for some reason.

PS. Deadpool Team-Up is canon, Leo.

leonidas
yeah there's not really a compelling reason to say it isn't imo. the watcher discussion and his lack of memories can all be explained away pretty easily i think as effects of the wave/rift. it is said multiple times that it wreaks havoc with space/time. i think 616 ss travelled there and returned but his memories or the event, and even the cause-effect relationships were scrambled as a result of the rift.

and thumb up for deadpool.

abhilegend
i agree. but he died and couldn't make it back. ss DID make it back. least imo. we KNOW time and space were messed up by the rift/wave, so it's not hard to believe his memories would be screwed up.
No, he didn't.

abhilegend
yeah there's not really a compelling reason to say it isn't imo. the watcher discussion and his lack of memories can all be explained away pretty easily i think as effects of the wave/rift. it is said multiple times that it wreaks havoc with space/time. i think 616 ss travelled there and returned but his memories or the event, and even the cause-effect relationships were scrambled as a result of the rift.

and thumb up for deadpool.
It isn't really just memories. SS 114 outright stated that its a what If.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aXqkhf5Z4p8/VoTU01dh3zI/AAAAAAAAR6o/5PlmDG1n3iQ/s1600-Ic42/RCO013.jpg

leonidas
I disagree. He alluded to it, but again, the breach is a mix of space/time. There is still no evidence it didn't actually take place and he's not just forgetting. Curious, how do you explain the repeated scene in 112 where where instead of failing, and seeing the watcher, he's met by someone from the other universe?

Wonder Man

Wonder Man
Thus Odin wins.

leonidas
It isn't really just memories. SS 114 outright stated that its a what If.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aXqkhf5Z4p8/VoTU01dh3zI/AAAAAAAAR6o/5PlmDG1n3iQ/s1600-Ic42/RCO013.jpg

i'm also curious--at one point in 115, ss runs into oclin (outrider 111) and comments that oclin is the one responsible for the message that brought ss to this universe.

if this is an alternate ss, as you believe, how did he receive a message that reached 616 ss...? confused

my thought is this--ss actually breached the swell in 112--everything after that, until quasar and bill find him is an epic mindfukc. i mean 114 is called deja vu. but how did ss return from the other universe that he reached in 112? i don't think he ever did return. and as further support to this, there is this letter from the letter column:

https://imgur.com/a/2rxw3gw

"as of issue 113, norrin radd's soul was effectively assimilated by the black body." (bottom left response)

not sure there can be better support than the editor's own response DURING the arc. clearly ss's what if discussion with the watcher in 114 never 'truly' happened, or rather it was part of the mindfukcery/shattered-soul-journey the ss took in that crazy arc.

abhilegend
I disagree. He alluded to it, but again, the breach is a mix of space/time. There is still no evidence it didn't actually take place and he's not just forgetting. Curious, how do you explain the repeated scene in 112 where where instead of failing, and seeing the watcher, he's met by someone from the other universe? Originally posted by leonidas
i'm also curious--at one point in 115, ss runs into oclin (outrider 111) and comments that oclin is the one responsible for the message that brought ss to this universe.

if this is an alternate ss, as you believe, how did he receive a message that reached 616 ss...? confused

my thought is this--ss actually breached the swell in 112--everything after that, until quasar and bill find him is an epic mindfukc. i mean 114 is called deja vu. but how did ss return from the other universe that he reached in 112? i don't think he ever did return. and as further support to this, there is this letter from the letter column:

"as of issue 113, norrin radd's soul was effectively assimilated by the black body." (bottom left response)

not sure there can be better support than the editor's own response DURING the arc. clearly ss's what if discussion with the watcher in 114 never 'truly' happened, or rather it was part of the mindfukcery/shattered-soul-journey the ss took in that crazy arc.
Because he was ejected from the rift but in a what If version, he succeeds and it becomes a separate version with similar backstory (he received outrider 111's message).

Spider-Man team up 2 confirmed that Surfer never reached the unilord universe.

leonidas
but your 'what if surfer' returned to 616 at the end of the arc. does that mean there are now 2 ss's? confused

and the team-up only confirms he doesn't REMEMBER the trip to the uni-lord's universe. in fact, on the first page it talks about ss trying to track down an elusive memory--the memory of his trip to that universe.

your what if scenario falls apart because BEFORE the what if scenario can be considered, he ALREADY REACHED THE UNI-LORD UNIVERSE in issue 112. if he failed first THEN we saw him reach it....maybe your scenario would work.

you're also simply dismissing the words of an editor who was discussing the story DURING the arc (that letter col was from like 118 or something). that's an impressive level of denial. but i could have perez call you on the phone and tell you it's canon and i doubt it would matter.

lol any theory you have can be written off as scrambled space/time and lost memory. on top of that, it makes no sense given the way events happened, AND and the editor himself confirmed you're wrong in a letter col mid-arc! all that, on top of there being no external support of any kind suggesting the arc is NOT canon, should be more than enough to convince anyone who reads this that the arc is indeed canon.

always fun abhi. i've missed us. love

abhilegend
but your 'what if surfer' returned to 616 at the end of the arc. does that mean there are now 2 ss's? confused

In a what If universe? Yes.

No, that's not what happened.

It was revealed in SS 114 that he didn't and was ejected from the rift. He went on back to 616 universe and was there the whole time unilord saga happened. In fact he was with BRB and Quasar when he received the second message.

Of course it would. But you don't have that.

I'm sorry but that's just a fanfic at this point.

lawest9

not sure there can be better support than the editor's own response DURING the arc. clearly ss's what if discussion with the watcher in 114 never 'truly' happened, or rather it was part of the mindfukcery/shattered-soul-journey the ss took in that crazy arc. This is what I remember seeing.

leonidas

leonidas
In a what If universe? Yes.

wait, what? he made it back to the 616 or he didn't. if he was in a what if universe, and returned to the 616, there would be 2 ss's in the 616. so you're saying your fanfic what if ss never made it back? hey it's your fantasy, so make whatever rules you want i guess. /shrug

lol

it was shown clearly in 112 that he did make it, and confirmed by an editor that his soul was absorbed by blackbody. and this was IN the arc. so no, there wasn't some weird retcon. you simply dismiss the editor's word?

i've got the next best thing--the editor's confirmation. I mean in the letter col response, the editor actually says "TO SUM UP AND KEEP THE CONFUSION TO A MINIMUM...AS OF 113 NORRIN's SOUL WAS ASSIMILATED BY BLACKBODY..." minus a perez phone call, it doesn't get clearer than that.

abhilegend

abhilegend
wait, what? he made it back to the 616 or he didn't. if he was in a what if universe, and returned to the 616, there would be 2 ss's in the 616. so you're saying your fanfic what if ss never made it back? hey it's your fantasy, so make whatever rules you want i guess. /shrug

The alternate Surfer never returned to 616 universe.

Yes, issue 114 and 122 confirm that Surfer wasn't in the unilord universe.

Too bad issue 122 confirm that Surfer was in 616 universe at that time.

leonidas
Because Surfer was with Quasar and Beta Ray Bill the whole time (Five weeks since the first outrider contacted BRB, Quasar and Silver Surfer).

This is from issue 122.

https://i.postimg.cc/S26W5ZRB/RCO003.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/V5FqWH3M/RCO004.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/MvKyPmSL/RCO005.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/HVZbf8Wk/RCO006.jpg

This is from issue 111.

https://i.postimg.cc/c61g01bg/RCO005.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/BXXjPYsJ/RCO006.jpg

So Surfer definitely wasn't in the unilord universe in the missing five weeks.

i'm very confused. how do those last scans of failing outriders mean he wasn't there? confused after the failures you showed, 111 finally found ss and communicated to him....

and again abhi, are you simply discounting the words of the ss EDITOR? if you read the letter cols for 119 and 120, the editor is constantly explaining parts of the story to readers. aside from your misinterpretation, NOWHERE is there any support for this being a what if story.

again: are you simply discounting the editor's comments?
what was the memory ss was chasing in spiderman team up? a team-up written by.....? GEORGE PEREZ! what memory would perez have ss chasing i wonder...?

celeyhyga17
Ha.. Leo got sucked into this again.

https://media.giphy.com/media/CO6jl6wE2E1cQ/200.gif

leonidas
lol only sort of. i'm pretty sure by now anyone who reads this will see the story is canon to ss, but whatever. i just love to see how abhi's brain works. thumb up

abhilegend
i'm very confused. how do those last scans of failing outriders mean he wasn't there? confused after the failures you showed, 111 finally found ss and communicated to him...

That's what the first set of scans show.

Except for the on panel bits.

Not him going into the unilord universe.

leonidas
lol

1. are you simply dismissing the ss editor's comments that took place IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ARC?

2. what memory do you think perez had ss chasing in the team up?

i mean, how obvious does it need to be?? in 122, ss returns and he and bill and quasar are talking about the outriders, ss says he is having MEMORY TROUBLE! he claims he should remember something, but can't. in team-up, he's continuing to search for the unilord memory. it CAN'T be more clear.

3. outriders failed to reach quasar and bill but one DID reach surfer after the failures. your scans from 111 (a coincidence that it was 111 that reached ss...?) shows....nothing at all. seriously. i have no idea how you're using that as support for your misinterpretation.

clearly you won't consider being wrong for some reason, but hopefully others will look at the arc differently.

abhilegend
lol

1. are you simply dismissing the ss editor's comments that took place IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ARC?

Yes. Its in contradiction of what's happening in the comic.

He was looking for the grave of Al Harper. He stated clearly that he didn't go into the unilord universe.

https://i.postimg.cc/WDP2WQZw/image.jpg

Except Surfer didn't return, he was already with Bill and Quasar and an energy bolt struck him.

I mean come on, I already posted the scans. Here it is again, Surfer was checking on a distress signal alongside Bill and Quasar.

https://postimg.cc/V5FqWH3M

Did you even read my scans? What does this show you?

Well, I'm not wrong.

leonidas
not much else to say when you say the actual editor of the book is wrong....

all of the scans you keep posting can (as i've said) be attributed to the fact that the breach screwed with time and space--the rewriting of space/time made them all THINK the events never happened, and basically wiped out the event entirely.

we can clearly infer ss went there for a number of reasons--the retitled prologues/epilogues, the memory he has of it, that is just out of reach for some reason, the editor's OWN WORDS. but again, the breach screwed with his memory when it screwed with time and space.

you're being fooled into thinking the same thing the CHARACTERS are thinking. we the readers are supposed to know differently though.

and clearly at the start of the team up he wasn't trying to remember harper...come on. at the start of the book he didn't even realize where he was.

anyway, this has been fun. if i come across perez's number i'll have him get in touch and we can laugh about this. thumb up

abhilegend
not much else to say when you say the actual editor of the book is wrong....

laughing out loud

Well, it's Norrin Radd, just not 616 version.

In that case too Unilord saga is an alternate universe which never happened to 616 Surfer.

Or the simple answer, Surfer never reached unilord universe and it was all a What If scenario.

Know what differently though?

That's what he said in the comic, he was going to his grave.

Sure thing.

leonidas
Yes. Its in contradiction of what's happening in the comic.

He was looking for the grave of Al Harper. He stated clearly that he didn't go into the unilord universe.

https://i.postimg.cc/WDP2WQZw/image.jpg

Except Surfer didn't return, he was already with Bill and Quasar and an energy bolt struck him.

I mean come on, I already posted the scans. Here it is again, Surfer was checking on a distress signal alongside Bill and Quasar.

Did you even read my scans? What does this show you?

Well, I'm not wrong.

final take on this idiotic arc.

we see the 616 ss make it through the rift in 112. we know it's the real ss because, well, making it through the rift happened first, we have the editor confirming it (and no, he wouldn't be talking about an alternate ss, really abhi??):

he retains a just-out-of-reach memory of all the events:

https://imgur.com/a/Ibv8cvP

and well, common sense says it's dumb to think perez wrote a 12 issue "what if" arc....the arc is definitely confusing and doesn't really fit in a tidy box like you're trying to force it to.

but what is also clear is that there were 2 ss's at some point. what i believe happened is this--the rift rips apart spacetime and within the rift realities crash into each other. so, after 616 ss makes it through, a second reality is created--a "what if" reality--where he did NOT make it. both us and ss actually SEE the alternate reality where he FAILED to make it through right here:

https://imgur.com/a/2pcWXgq

he sees himself and bill and quasar (bottom right) at quasar's station as he is RETURNING through the rift.

we can also surmise the unilord ss was the TRUE ss, because just prior to exiting the rift he has this talk with skooka and the reference the ss's REAL universe:

https://imgur.com/a/BfAjYsf

then of course in the second scan, we see the ss (or his soul) emerge from the rift, and THAT is what the 'bolt of silver fire' is. here is he talking about being born and dying in a 'blast of light':

https://imgur.com/a/8Z9rI9M

if we move to your scan, we see the 2 ss's merge (the 2 realities merge and, according to skooka, a new 'universe' is created) in your scan when the bolt of 'silver fire' strikes the alternate ss (or the ss who failed to make it through):

so, in short, yes, it was 616 ss who made it through, and he later joined with the ss who failed to create a new, composite (??) ss? like i said, skooka references the beginning of a new universe, so i guess she meant a universe where the 2 ss's join. sort of like 616 swallowed that brief "what if" world.

so, you were actually right, in a way. except for the fact that you had it completely backwards. lol i mean seriously, what makes more sense--12 issues are the 'what if' scenario, or 3 pages represent the alternate?

and it doesn't matter anyway--the two versions become the SAME character in the end making, (i guess?) both experiences canon.

crazy fukcin arc.

abhilegend
Sigh, this is just repeat of so many arguments in the past years.

final take on this idiotic arc.

we see the 616 ss make it through the rift in 112. we know it's the real ss because, well, making it through the rift happened first, we have the editor confirming it (and no, he wouldn't be talking about an alternate ss, really abhi??):

It is confirmed in SS 114 that Surfer never went through the rift. Call it a retcon if you can.

https://i.postimg.cc/KkSZGSKR/RCO003.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/BLTJtYDN/RCO004.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/8fTNvRmG/RCO006.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/T5QGJKtD/RCO008.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/Hj0wXbCh/RCO010.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/QFC12PK2/RCO011.jpg

Even a Watcher confirms it.

Use postimg or ibb, can't see the scans.

So naive.

That's not alternate reality, its main 616 universe.

He didn't return through the rift, he was thrown back in Unilord universe after he went through the rift.

https://i.postimg.cc/rdmTC1bC/RCO022.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/1nVZb9y8/RCO024.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/8f8VSqCt/RCO026.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/ZvrzKVBZ/RCO030.jpg

Lolwut? That's after he was gone in the rift and was thrown back in the unilord universe.

Nonsense, the bolt was an outrider signal which was separated from Surfer several issues agio.

What are you talking about? The silver bolt is outright stated to be the same signal Quasar and BRB had encountered five weeks ago.

It wasn't an alternate surfer.

Seriously?

Seriously? I mean come on.

No, they did not. The alternate surfer stayed in the unilord universe AFTER he went through the rift.

Philosophía
While I agree with abhi as far as this discussion is concerned , I don't and never will understand the obsession with this arc, in multiple threads over a period of many years. It's quite possibly the worst SS story I've ever read and I not only don't see its relevance pertaining to this thread, but the character in general. It doesn't really have....anything that anybody should care about?

Since it's generally agreed that not all Watchers have the same PL, and this thread is about Uatu....how did it even get here?

StiltmanFTW
It's a very weird tradition we have, that's for sure. It's like the 100th time this arc is being discussed.

I don't know why it got brought up here in this thread, but I remember when many years ago it was used as proof that Surfer can survive getting sliced and diced into pieces.

leonidas

Philosophía

leonidas

Philosophía
thumb up

Watchers are about as hard to gauge as Mephisto, imo. Grandmaster fits in there, too. All over the place. Their 'ceiling' seems to be Galactus, but generally...well, let's say Galactus looks consistent compared to them.

I'd give it to Odin, based on purely the fact that writers at least kind of know his level.

abhilegend

Philosophía
Yeah, I know, which is what makes all of this so baffling.

leonidas

Philosophía
thumb up

--

Who is on that KMC discord abhi?

MrMind

Philosophía
How I imagine it:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d7/1f/2f/d71f2f532eeb74fcf595dcd959e4f69f.gif

MrMind
laughing out loud
now take out all the females in that scene, and jack pot!

leonidas
Lol. Yeah exactly that. Phil we should bz Odin and the watcher lol. For something to do.

Philosophía
I was thinking of a skyfather tourney before I made the latest one, tbh, but I figured most people on the forum don't care about most characters above herald/trans. I don't think I'd be able to find the time/effort until early march to participate in the matches, but it could either turn hilarious or a confusing mess as most threads around that level are.

I think Mr Mind would be interested? I see he posts about that stuff, but mostly the high-end abstract ones.

Galan007
I'm proud to say that I have never read the Unilord arc. thumb up

AlbertoJohnAvil
Sigh, this is just repeat of so many arguments in the past years.

It is confirmed in SS 114 that Surfer never went through the rift. Call it a retcon if you can.

https://i.postimg.cc/KkSZGSKR/RCO003.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/BLTJtYDN/RCO004.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/8fTNvRmG/RCO006.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/T5QGJKtD/RCO008.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/Hj0wXbCh/RCO010.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/QFC12PK2/RCO011.jpg

Even a Watcher confirms it.

Use postimg or ibb, can't see the scans.

So naive.

That's not alternate reality, its main 616 universe.

He didn't return through the rift, he was thrown back in Unilord universe after he went through the rift.

https://i.postimg.cc/rdmTC1bC/RCO022.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/1nVZb9y8/RCO024.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/8f8VSqCt/RCO026.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/ZvrzKVBZ/RCO030.jpg

Lolwut? That's after he was gone in the rift and was thrown back in the unilord universe.

Nonsense, the bolt was an outrider signal which was separated from Surfer several issues agio.

What are you talking about? The silver bolt is outright stated to be the same signal Quasar and BRB had encountered five weeks ago.

It wasn't an alternate surfer.

Seriously?

Seriously? I mean come on.

No, they did not. The alternate surfer stayed in the unilord universe AFTER he went through the rift.

🤦 you have gotta be THE most idiotic person i've ever met on the net, seriously. Honest to god please stop debating, do me that big favor. I hate whoever made you seriously, its ****ing tiresome

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol...i imagined your fapping in frustration as you typed this

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm proud to say that I have never read the Unilord arc. thumb up

perez was on some really bad sh!t, or was going through a really tough time when he did it. to imagine it was the same guy who wrote the judas contract is....staggering to say the least. and while i disagree entirely with abhi, it was f'd up enough that i DO understand where he's coming from and why he thinks the way he does. /shrug

@phil--i wasn't talking about a tourney--just a short, impromptu watcher/odin battle, but if you can't you can't. again, i'm just looking to kill some lockdown time. still got 3 weeks left and in canada these are NOT great months to be locked down. not that there IS a great time....

abhilegend
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
🤦 you have gotta be THE most idiotic person i've ever met on the net, seriously. Honest to god please stop debating, do me that big favor. I hate whoever made you seriously, its ****ing tiresome
Shut up idiot.

lawest9
Odin by feats, equal by power level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.