Can Trumpers be rehabilitated and return to the mainstream?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
I've been thinking about this, can they drop Qanon etc and move back to a more shared reality or are they stuck where they are now, outside the world most of us exist in acting on more and more extreme lies?

Let's clarify, I'm talking about the 25% of Americans in favour of storming the Capitol.

Artol
I don't know what you mean with mainstream really, 70 million people voted for Trump, he almost won the second election, it's not like they are outside of the mainstream. They are just outside of the Liberal worldview.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Artol
I don't know what you mean with mainstream really, 70 million people voted for Trump, he almost won the second election, it's not like they are outside of the mainstream. They are just outside of the Liberal worldview. Ahh, but only half of them were in favour of the Capitol. It's these true believers I mean.

Bashar Teg
Depends on which sort of Trumper we're discussing. I believe my "Fredo Corleone or Hyman Roth?" metaphor applies here as well. There are Roths, who knew exactly what the full scope of the plan was ("day of the rope", etc) but they were vastly outnumbered by the Fredos who were tricked into supporting an insurrectionist hate group.

For "Fredo" trumpers who were duped:. Avoid those who profit off of your anger and anxiety. If you're not sure who that is, ask yourself "would I be useless to these people if it wasn't angry and gullible?". If the answer is "yes", dump them. Being gullible does not make you a bad person, but the combination of gullibility and arrogance are what got you into this mess.

"Roth" trumpers are just beyond all hope of rehabilitation, imho

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Depends on which sort of Trumper we're discussing. I believe my "Fredo Corleone or Hyman Roth?" metaphor applies here as well. There are Roths, who knew exactly what the full scope of the plan was ("day of the rope", etc) but they were vastly outnumbered by the Fredos who were tricked into supporting an insurrectionist hate group.

For "Fredo" trumpers who were duped:. Avoid those who profits off of your anger and anxiety. If you're not sure who that is, ask yourself "would I be useless to these people if it wasn't angry and gullible?". If the answer is "yes", dump them. Being gullible does not make you a bad person, but the combination of gullibility and arrogance are what got you into this mess.

"Roth" trumpers are just beyond all hope of rehabilitation, imho Pretty much my opinion, but what about the underlying causes. Imho, hatred and bigotry. But why would they invest in a lie so much?

Artol
I think partly cause the political elite, whether that is Republican or Democrats have deeply ****ed the country and have use polarization, fear and anger to hide that betrayal and to find scapegoats. And a riled up populace like that will do ****ed up shit.

Bashar Teg
only one party adopted an insurrectionist hate group, elected it's leader as president, and allowed it to control them, allowed it to try overthrowing the government, and seemingly want to allow it to get away with attempted murder of our elected officials. this is not a "both sides" topic.

Old Man Whirly!
only one party adopted an insurrectionist hate group, elected it's leader as president, and allowed it to control them, allowed it to try overthrowing the government, and seemingly want to allow it to get away with attempted murder of our elected officials. this is not a "both sides" topic. My opinion also, sorry Artol. I'm with Bash on this mate.

Artol
The disappointment in politics in the United States does seem like a both sides topic. Although I do agree that the Republicans are more to blame for the polarization and fear mongering. It is not like any of the Democratic president has been particularly good for common people either. If you are in a rigged system it's difficult to make any good decisions, or even know what is going on, which I guess is in line with your Fredo analogy.

Bashar Teg
nah

Artol
Ok. But like what can be done about the 50% of Republicans who seem to be in favor of storming the capitol?

Bashar Teg
there is a percentage of Fredos among that portion as well. Consider those who believe that the violence and attempting abduction/murder was all antifa's doing (lol), and there's already a flat-earth movement starting up that "1/6 never happened". Fredos are everywhere.

Artol
Yeah, that is true, but how can they be reached, it seems difficult to penetrate their bubbles.

Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, that is true, but how can they be reached, it seems difficult to penetrate their bubbles. it is, they are in their only little world imo. I hope they will return to this one, one day.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I've been thinking about this, can they drop Qanon etc and move back to a more shared reality or are they stuck where they are now, outside the world most of us exist in acting on more and more extreme lies?

Let's clarify, I'm talking about the 25% of Americans in favour of storming the Capitol.

Retard

BrolyBlack
Whirly if you got put in an insane asylum KMC would be a better place. You ruined this forum but you are to stupid to realize it.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Retard stay strong Broly.

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!

Quincy
I think they can, I think it's just a matter of the difficulty in facing that all of the lies have in fact been lied. It's got to be hard to face that you were lied to and believed it, all this Q stuff and everything. They may have alienated real people in their lives. I don't think it's as simple as "Oh I was wrong."

In a way, I feel terrible. The cult mentality of what has occurred can really happen to anybody, and the effects can be as dangerous as we've seen.

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor
I don't know what you mean with mainstream really, 70 million people voted for Trump, he almost won the second election, it's not like they are outside of the mainstream. They are just outside of the Liberal worldview.

Election really wasnt close. But yeah 70million is still an insane number.

That said hes not done himself any favours with the whole rigged election crap. His polling is at its lowest right now. Was completely the wrong play if he really wanted a 2024 come back.

BrolyBlack
The accurate number is 74.2 million

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Quincy
I think they can, I think it's just a matter of the difficulty in facing that all of the lies have in fact been lied. It's got to be hard to face that you were lied to and believed it, all this Q stuff and everything. They may have alienated real people in their lives. I don't think it's as simple as "Oh I was wrong."

In a way, I feel terrible. The cult mentality of what has occurred can really happen to anybody, and the effects can be as dangerous as we've seen. I agree 100% to be honest. The cognitive dissonance they are facing, buying into all that and then if not realising what you are, realising what you are to most people. At this point all they have is each other reaffirming the lies, hatred and anger that led to the storming of the Capitol.

BrolyBlack

Artol
Originally posted by Darth Thor

That said hes not done himself any favours with the whole rigged election crap. His polling is at its lowest right now. Was completely the wrong play if he really wanted a 2024 come back.

Well, I guess that's in the eye of the beholder, it wasn't a razor thin margin, but 81.2 million to 74.2 million, isn't an unbelievable defeat of Trump and Trumpism either...idk.

Old Man Whirly!

BrolyBlack

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Darth Thor

saddest part: this would have still applied if trumpers had peacefully protested, dc police were notified and prepared, and no violent far-right coup attempt happened

Old Man Whirly!
saddest part: this would have still applied if trumpers had peacefully protested, dc police were notified and prepared, and no violent far-right coup attempt happened Yup thumb up

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.statista.com/chart/amp/23886/capitol-riot-approval/

Half all republicans approved

Old Man Whirly!
https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2021/01/07/US-capitol-trump-poll

BrolyBlack
After 4 tumultuous years of the Trump Presidency. can we all put it behind us and see it like that season of Dallas, as "Just a bad dream". America dabbled in far-right popularism and the West and East Coasts pushed back. Now, is the time for healing. Like in America, the minority far-right and unacceptable views of Trumpers are the minority views of KMC GDF posters, but as in America, they are the most vocal and often most dishonest actors. So like Biden, I hold out the offer of Peace and I say without irony Make KMC Great Again! smile

Fake

Old Man Whirly!
You liked Trump very much Broly... Stay strong little one.

BrolyBlack
Try to get some work done and stop being a lazy pos

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Try to get some work done and stop being a lazy pos oh Broly, it's all about me, your grief transference is fine. You like Trump very much.

Robtard

Some of them for sure, we'll have "we were never really Trump supporters" flips at an exponential rate as time passes. They're welcome to it.

But there's always going to be QAnon types, that is here to stay. The name might change, but the mentally will be the same. eg These people existed years ago by another flavour, the "Jade Helm!", "Obama will suspend the election and declare himself king!", "Obama was born in Kenya!" and similar ranters.

Badabing
This thread doesn't promote any discussion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.