Killers of the Flower Moon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
This is based on a book of the same name. It's directed my Martin Scorsese (Wolf of Wall Street, The Departed, Goodfellas), and co-stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro. It's a nonfiction book about the birth of the FBI.

https://www.bosshunting.com.au/culture/martin-scorsese-killers-of-the-flower-moon-begin-filming/

riv6672

Robtard
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This is based on a book of the same name. It's directed my Martin Scorsese (Wolf of Wall Street, The Departed, Goodfellas), and co-stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro. It's a nonfiction book about the birth of the FBI.

https://www.bosshunting.com.au/culture/martin-scorsese-killers-of-the-flower-moon-begin-filming/

Scorsese, DiCaprio and De Niro? About the birth of the FBI? Count me in.

Arachnid1

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Arachnid1

sounds like a fun watch

Patient_Leech
I re-watched The Departed the other day and rather enjoyed it. I hadn't seen it since the theater.

And Wolf of Wall Street is honestly one of the greatest movies ever made... so yeah, I'll certainly be interested in this.

Impediment
aIfONq_7EtI

This looks absolutely fan-f*cking-tastic!

Robert De Niro, Leonardo DiCaprio, John Lithgow, Brendan Fraser, and Jesse Plemons in a true crime epic about murder, extortion, and oil field corruption directed by Martin Scorsese?

Dude! My body is ready!

Impediment

BruceSkywalker
is this out yet?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Impediment
aIfONq_7EtI

This looks absolutely fan-f*cking-tastic!

Robert De Niro, Leonardo DiCaprio, John Lithgow, Brendan Fraser, and Jesse Plemons in a true crime epic about murder, extortion, and oil field corruption directed by Martin Scorsese?

Dude! My body is ready!

Indeed, this does look really good.

For some reason I thought it was a Netflix film. Maybe because his last film was Netflix, right? The Irishman..

Patient_Leech
But how are we supposed to believe that Leonardo DiCaprio is dating someone who isn't a <20-year-old model?

Impediment
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Indeed, this does look really good.

For some reason I thought it was a Netflix film. Maybe because his last film was Netflix, right? The Irishman..

The Irishman was a great movie but a trifle too long. A lot of filler.

Still worth at least one watch.

Robtard
Probably my second most looked forward to film this year behind Oppenheimer.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Probably my second most looked forward to film this year behind Oppenheimer.

You said the same thing about Dune Part 2, you fu#king goober.

Patient_Leech
The Irishman was a great movie but a trifle too long. A lot of filler.

Still worth at least one watch.

I agree that it was unnecessarily long.

Robtard
You said the same thing about Dune Part 2, you fu#king goober.

I'm torn between the two over my number two spot and why I said 'probably', you assbadger.

But I'm going to make it official for you, my top three movies I'm looking forward to in 2023 1) Oppenheimer, 2)Killers of the Flower Moon, 3) Dune 2 - Electric Dugaloo

Old Man Whirly!
Looks awesome!

Robtard
Got tickets for tomorrow.

Reviews are saying this is Leo's best work. Can't wait.

Patient_Leech
I'm torn between the two over my number two spot and why I said 'probably', you assbadger.

Lmao, assbadger. Well, you got me there, I am an ass man. Fair enough. laughing out loud

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-16-2016/m63LLM.gif

Got tickets for tomorrow.

Reviews are saying this is Leo's best work. Can't wait.

I'm looking forward to seeing this, but I think I'm getting to the point that I prefer to just wait to watch stuff at home, especially when the runtime exceeds 3 hours. I still haven't seen Oppenheimer yet... damn.

Robtard
Assmen are superior to boobmen, this is just a fact thumb up

I don't mind long films when they're great enough to keep my attention from start to finish.

jaden_2.0
Anyone watched yet? I booked for last week but we had a major storm that closed my cinema and couldn't make this week cos I'm working away.

riv6672
^^^No, not yet.
No way I can sit through a 3 1/2 hour movie in the theater.

Also, that must’ve been one hell of a storm!

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^No, not yet.
No way I can sit through a 3 1/2 hour movie in the theater.

Also, that must’ve been one hell of a storm!

And yet people can sit and watch tv for five hours.

riv6672

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Anyone watched yet? I booked for last week but we had a major storm that closed my cinema and couldn't make this week cos I'm working away. Had to cancel my tickets last week, will probably watch this weekend.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
And yet people can sit and watch tv for five hours.

I typically can't do that either.

Let's not pretend that watching at home where you can pause, use the bathroom, get a drink, move around, watch the rest at another time, turn on subtitles, etc is nearly the same as sitting in a theater where you can't pause, homie next to you is snorting his snot every 20 seconds, people playing on their phones and talking, etc. Not the same thing. They need to bring back intermissions if film run-times are going to continue to grow and grow.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Oh, I forgot about my chair being fu#ked-up one time. One time my theater seat was jacked up. And the theater worker I told about it was kind of a dick about it. So that's another fun potentiality of going to the theater.

riv6672

jaden_2.0

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Just let jaden have his 'gotcha'. He has so little.

riv6672

Kazenji
homie next to you is snorting his snot every 20 seconds, people playing on their phones and talking, etc. Not the same thing. They need to bring back intermissions if film run-times are going to continue to grow and grow.

Oh, I forgot about my chair being fu#ked-up one time. One time my theater seat was jacked up. And the theater worker I told about it was kind of a dick about it. So that's another fun potentiality of going to the theater.

Its gotten that bad for Cinema's in America?...wow

we having gotten to that point in Australia, We still somewhat have respect

just because you can talk doesn't mean you are more intelligent then others.

riv6672
^^^THAN others, not THEN others.

riv6672

Robtard
She comes off as a whiny idiot looking for attention, trying to make everything about herself.

It'd be claiming a film about WWII and the Holocaust "dehumanizes" the victims. It doesn't, it's a part of history that is horrible and it shouldn't be forgotten or whitewashed.

jaden_2.0
Exclusive footage of her "having to sit through" it

https://media.tenor.com/6pi1n_lDvP4AAAAC/a-clockwork-orange-eyes.gif

riv6672
LOL, I was wondering how that article would be received on this most enlightened of sites. laughing

Impediment

Patient_Leech

riv6672

Robtard
Exclusive footage of her "having to sit through" it

https://media.tenor.com/6pi1n_lDvP4AAAAC/a-clockwork-orange-eyes.gif

Lol, aye.

KingD19
Just watched it last night with my dad and stepmom. It is INCREDIBLY long at roughly 3 hours, 5 minutes. But it's an engaging film with very good acting, great period acting, and it really takes you back to that time period. It's an extremely meticulous movie where everything that happens, happens for a reason, and they take the time to show that to you. It's not particularly exciting, but it's not trying to be. If you like the type of movie that it is, and you like Marty's style, you'll like it. And it has some pretty nice names in it too.

jaden_2.0
Who knew KMC was so full of "tl,dr" style crybabies?

Who...

Knew???

riv6672
Knew???
^^^Knew what?
Your post, it was too wordy so I just skipped to the end.

Robtard
Film is god damn solid, I didn't notice the 3+ hour length as the story and pacing keep you sucked in, no shifting around in my seat after 90mins, no rearranging my junk every 15mins

DiCaprio was excellent. He really is the best actor of his generation.

De Niro while long in the tooth now, played an excellent conniving bastard.

The main actress Lily Gladstone, did a great job. Though it was uncanny how much she looked like a younger Jennifer Lopez, like a younger sister, in some scenes.

Patient_Leech
^ good to hear.

I will look forward to watching this sitting on my ass at home. 🙂

Impediment
"Imp seems fairly smart."

Fairly? samsmokin

riv6672
samsmokin
^^^FRO-ly?

jaden_2.0
Saw this tonight and really enjoyed it. A tad over-long but it's great to see an school style big budget movie with huge sets and hundreds of extras. Phenomenal cast. I don't think there's another actor out there that can do what Dicaprio does with these kind of roles and while it doesn't have the intensity of say his roles in Shutter Island or The Revenant he's still leagues above everyone else. Had no idea that Brendan Fraser and John Lithgow were even in this.
Also got a chuckle at all the musicians that are in it. Jason Isbell, Pete Yorn and Jack White. Probably others that I missed.

Robtard
I just googled, apparently Sturgill Simpson and Randy Houser too. I don't know who the former is, probably some hillbilly country guy.

Patient_Leech
Saw this tonight and really enjoyed it. A tad over-long but it's great to see an school style big budget movie with huge sets and hundreds of extras. Phenomenal cast. I don't think there's another actor out there that can do what Dicaprio does with these kind of roles and while it doesn't have the intensity of say his roles in Shutter Island or The Revenant he's still leagues above everyone else. Had no idea that Brendan Fraser and John Lithgow were even in this...

Mm...

https://64.media.tumblr.com/dee96dd9aec49517899dbfff3cd90d2c/tumblr_ot62u5YjAU1thvjv3o1_540.gif

roughrider
It's an important film but man, is it sloooooowwwwww. And I saw The Irishman in the theatre, too (another 3.5 hour film!) and that was just as slow, Scorsese used to be a hot blooded, fast moving filmmaker. But since his 2016 film Silence, he has reduced the pacing of his films to near shuffling. It's one thing to have long film-itis (which he has), it's worse to give the audience fanny torture, too.

Old Man Whirly!
Just watching it now... a real film. Nice!

Robtard
Yup.

roughrider
Despite being a critical darling, it's on pace to be a box office bomb.

But it was funded by Apple Original Films. Does box office matter, when all they probably care about is getting on to Apple Plus?

Netflix apparently didn't care about the tiny gross for The Irishman, either.

Patient_Leech
I started this.

Hope to finish it later, but so far Leonard's DiCaprio's spanking is peak cinema! laughing out loud 😂

Patient_Leech
Well, this was insanely good. Disturbing and compelling story.

The film gets a 10/10 from me. thumb up thumb up

riv6672

Patient_Leech

Patient_Leech
lrIHYRZ2f8E

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.