Best decade for comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
which decade has the best comic book stories

Sin I AM
80s for storyline, 60s for creativity. The 10s is by far the worst

StiltmanFTW
90s for nude sin pics

CosmicComet
60s and 70s

StiltmanFTW
US - 1930s

Japan - 18th century

Good ol' times, nobody remembers anymore!

haw-som

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
90s for nude sin pics

I got your nude pics stilt 😠

MrMind
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I got your nude pics stilt 😠

dm me dat shit asap

DarkSaint85
Whichever decade you first had to get into comics, so it varies. Nostalgia is powerful.

For me, it's the 90s.

For beatboks, the 50s

Carver, last week.

beatboks
80s for storyline, 60s for creativity. The 10s is by far the worst

I'd agree with this. The good storylines started in the laten70s (77/78) and went to shite at about 92.

Its the era that Wolfman brought true characterisation to comics characters with the new Teen Titans and Vigilante. The era that O'Neil was writing stories analysing society (Hal and Ollie's trek across America and the social implications), the eta that Roy Thomas was doing his continuity blend retconning that brought character inconsistencies together and explained them.

Basically the 80's is when comics grew up and got some depth. They moved past the simple stories that had been limited by the comics code and created character depth without making them a bad influence on the growing youth

beatboks
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Whichever decade you first had to get into comics, so it varies. Nostalgia is powerful.

For me, it's the 90s.

For beatboks, the 50s

Carver, last week.

Your right about the era I got into comics. While I loved them back then the stories were very simplistic. The 40s comics that I would buy from the local book exchange were all anthology titles where stories were told in like 8 pages or so. The Silver age reboot had very childish stories due to the comics code that was brought in after the movement that ended the GA. So to keep them from being a dark influence on children they were simple. Great for a kid but not the best stories. The 60s and 70s got more outlandish with Superman gaining a power every issue as needed to deal with this and that.

krisblaze
80s and 00s.

Simple as.

Bentley
The 2020s because of their wokeness

MrMind
Originally posted by Bentley
The 2020s because of their wokeness

you think you are funny, but most of the times you really are not

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

For me, it's the 90s.

For beatboks, the 50s

Carver, last week.

laughing out loud

And yes, good post, I agree.

Old Man Whirly!
This title is a question that has come up many times over the last 15+ years at KMC. I think it's a little more complicated than just answering with a single decade.

For instance, what many think was 80's runs started in the '70s,
Miller started Daredevil with issue 158 in 79, Claremont's X men run was well underway in by 1980, and in fact, the Death of Dark Phoenix in case 137 whilst being published in September 1980 was the culmination of a 70's plot.

Neal Adams Batman has never been beaten. This was a 70's run, Iron Man Demon in a Bottle was 1979. So what was going on then? At Marvel, Jim Shooter had implemented substantial quality control, and the shitty comics from both Marvel and DC were reducing in direct result to this IMHO. In Britain, Comics had already started a revolution which was spreading across the pond. The UK had 2000AD and Action Comic, not Action Comics guys. Action was withdrawn from sale after less than a year due to violence. People think Moore started the comics revolution; I would argue Pat Mills did in the UK, and Neal Adams Batman did in the US. Add in Claremont, Miller, Dave Gibbons, Shooter and many others, and you have something serious going on as the '70s finished. America and the UK had embraced Clint Eastwoodesque anti-heroes from Wolverines First appearance in 74 to Dredd's in 77 the characters were changing.

Then came Moore and everything he touched from 1980-86 was unique for comics, I have his run on Warrior and 2000AD both bought as a kid. I have his run in Captain Britain UK... But whilst he was special would he have been able to do what he did without Mills breaking ground? Now we get onto Gaiman, and the '80s, Gaiman started writing in 86 for 2000 AD, but his best work is Sandman, always considered an 80's comic and indeed it began in November 88, but in many ways, it is an early 90's comic. I remember being a post-grad student in London and picking up issue 1. It blew me away, and at this time Moore was bringing to an end Miracle/Marvelman post-Watchmen.

The '90s were not as bad as people remember, the giant crossovers and extended stories popular in the '80s continued. The Miniseries like Marvels and Kingdom Come looked at familiar characters in unfamiliar ways. Marvels visual third person/everyman view of the Marvel Universe is Precious, and the '90s built on the Independents and creator-owned properties we started to see at the end of the '80s. Valiant, Eclipse, Defiant all offered something, and it wasn't all Rob Liefields bad drawing and low-quality plots. Most of Morrisons best work was in the '90s IMHO. Warren Ellis was fresh. The '00s were glossy even the covers; People bang on about comics being woke now. I honestly don't know what that means. X0 was replaced by a girl Randy Cartier, who is black. This is 1993. Sandman and Miracleman have more wokeness than any other comics ever. Winter is Greta Thunberg on steroids, and Miraclewoman will always be the dominant there. So I don't truly get the criticism of now tbh, come at me!

Badabing
Originally posted by MrMind
which decade has the best comic book stories A decade before the 10s.

beatboks

Old Man Whirly!

carthage
80s Marvel

lawest9
60's

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by lawest9
60's A case can be made for Lee, Kirby and Ditko and the Marvel revolution then, no doubt! thumb up

Astner
Mainstream comics were always subpar. But you had some good black label stories in 80s - 00s.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Astner
Mainstream comics were always subpar. But you had some good black label stories in 80s - 00s.

So edgy

Astner
So edgy
Mainstream is intended for thirteen year-olds, so it's not so much about trying to be different as it is having standards.

Stoic
The 80's and 90's for me. Those were the most lurative years for comic book companies based on inflation scaling percentages. John Byrne, and Neal Adams of the the 70's to 80's led the charge. You had new up and coming companies like Image and Valiant (Dark Horse to a lesser extent) challenging the Big Two for market share percentages, which were led by the best artists in history up to that point. Jim Lee, Todd McFarlane, Dale Keone, Marc Sylvestri, Ron Lim, Brett Booth, Erik Larsen, Mark Bagley, etc. These guys raised the bar by which comics should look like.

Galan007
The late 90s-2010.

When I think about some of my favorite series' and whatnot, that's usually the range.

AlbertoJohnAvil
which decade has the best comic book stories

Not DC, obviously. You've gotta be real ignorant to think DC hasn't been milking the **** out of Batman for the past decade

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Not DC, obviously. You've gotta be real ignorant to think DC hasn't been milking the **** out of Batman for the past decade what does this post even mean in relation to the question? Troll harder mate.

Stoic
Originally posted by Galan007
The late 90s-2010.

When I think about some of my favorite series' and whatnot, that's usually the range.

True. The early 2K period was definitely on the level.

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
The 80's and 90's for me. Those were the most lurative years for comic book companies based on inflation scaling percentages. John Byrne, and Neal Adams of the the 70's to 80's led the charge. You had new up and coming companies like Image and Valiant (Dark Horse to a lesser extent) challenging the Big Two for market share percentages, which were led by the best artists in history up to that point. Jim Lee, Todd McFarlane, Dale Keone, Marc Sylvestri, Ron Lim, Brett Booth, Erik Larsen, Mark Bagley, etc. These guys raised the bar by which comics should look like.

Having come up in that era, I agree... To a point.

In terms of the writing, I think Byrne Superman beat the pants off of Pre-Crisis fare. The writing matured greatly during this era.

As far as the overall "scene" goes, comic book stores were booming everywhere, Indies were in the mainstream, it was essentially the Attitude Era of the comic book reader. Just about EVERYONE was into them, kids milling about, cleaning out their files, angry parents demanding refunds for their stupid kids 30 dollar purchases. It was great.

The combo comic-video game shops were even better. They let you "demo" a game literally all day long, we'd treat it like a free to play arcade.

It was a fun era for a kid, in the same way visiting a circus is fun.

On the other hand, it was death for the comic industry, as this era of gimmicks, skyrocketing cover prices, and "discount files" left a VERY bad taste in everyones mouth when they realized they'd been had.

cdtm
The late 90s-2010.

A lot of gems came from this era, so yeah.

Some of the real heavy hitters came before, like Gaiman's Sandman, but 2k and up was the most consistently good.

Bentley
you think you are funny, but most of the times you really are not

Don't ever dare to say again I think myself funny

StiltmanFTW
Don't worry, Bentley, my girl.

Some of your posts are genuinely funny. We all love your sense of humour, even MrMind and IT do, they just won't admit it.

And those posts of yours which are not funny at all, have no worries, I still masturbate to them.

StyleTime
I agree with Whirly and Dark here tbh.

We tend to romanticize the past. Often, we remember the best arcs of any decade and forget the garbage that came along with it. I don't know that there really is a best decade. I guarantee kids will remember the 2010's fondly once we enter 2030. It only seems "worse" because all the bad stuff is still fresh on our minds. The 10's had some good stories like any other decade, and time will eventually pare the '10s down to its gems as well.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by StyleTime
we naturally forget the garbage that came along with the good stuff

defense mechanism

just like I keep forgetting you fighting for women's rights

Sin I AM
Not DC, obviously. You've gotta be real ignorant to think DC hasn't been milking the **** out of Batman for the past decade

lol...i imagined your fapping in frustration as you typed this

StiltmanFTW
For the past decade?

More like for the past five decades.

celeyhyga17

We tend to romanticize the past. Often, we remember the best arcs of any decade and forget the garbage that came along with it. I don't know that there really is a best decade. I guarantee kids will remember the 2010's fondly once we enter 2030. It only seems "worse" because all the bad stuff is still fresh on our minds. The 10's had some good stories like any other decade, and time will eventually pare the '10s down to its gems as well.
Theres hot garbage from all decades.
thumb up

StiltmanFTW
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/0/77/1469006-venus_12.jpg

^ 100% canon as mentioned in the official Thor handbooks and I'm not even kidding.

AlbertoJohnAvil
For the past decade?

More like for the past five decades.

Batman exists in seven separate books doing seven separate jobs simultaneously. How? DC is a strange place. In the same month he'll be in space on one title, a separate reality in another and in Gotham in a third. All released the same month. Terrible world building and continuity

Batman has like 7 or 8 books. Then the rest of DC is the JL7 and their junior versions. So it still amounts to the same shit. Zero ****ing variety. Almost the entirety of DC revolves around the core 7 of one team

https://i.postimg.cc/GB3p7Szt/tenor.gif

StiltmanFTW
I don't blame them for wanking Batman.

He's the only competent "street leveler" they've got... everyone else is trash or hasn't had enough appearances to matter.

StiltmanFTW
Of course, you can say it's their fault other streets don't have enough appearances and you'd be right.

DC never liked gambling much, as evident both in comics and on the big screen. They tend to rely on the world's finest duo too often. Bats and Supes can't solve all of DC's problems for them.

Astner
DC never liked gambling much, as evident both in comics and on the big screen.
How the **** can they lose as bad as they do if they don't gamble?

AlbertoJohnAvil
The lack of diversity among thier characters is one of the main reasons why Marvel been on top since the 90s.

MrMind
give me an example of diversity alberta

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Astner
How the **** can they lose as bad as they do if they don't gamble?

They were confident that using Wayne and Kent would give them an easy win.

They were wrong of course, but in their minds, they were playing it as safe as possible.

-Pr-
For me, if I have to pick one decade for the each:

Aquaman - 90s
Batman - 80s
Birds of Prey - 00s
Daredevil - 80s
Flash - 00s
Green Lantern - 00s
Hulk - 90s
Superman - 00s
X-Men - 80s

Old Man Whirly!
Batman exists in seven separate books doing seven separate jobs simultaneously. How? DC is a strange place. In the same month he'll be in space on one title, a separate reality in another and in Gotham in a third. All released the same month. Terrible world building and continuity

Batman has like 7 or 8 books. Then the rest of DC is the JL7 and their junior versions. So it still amounts to the same shit. Zero ****ing variety. Almost the entirety of DC revolves around the core 7 of one team

https://i.postimg.cc/GB3p7Szt/tenor.gif Troll harder, seriously... dur

cdtm
Of course, you can say it's their fault other streets don't have enough appearances and you'd be right.

DC never liked gambling much, as evident both in comics and on the big screen. They tend to rely on the world's finest duo too often. Bats and Supes can't solve all of DC's problems for them.

Some of DC's best stories were Vertigo stuff. Beats Marvel equivilents in most cases.

Even something like 90's Starman was very unique, and has legendary status because of it.

Wonder Man

Adam Grimes
The Silver Age. My parents weren't even born during most of it lol.

Old Man Whirly!

We tend to romanticize the past. Often, we remember the best arcs of any decade and forget the garbage that came along with it. I don't know that there really is a best decade. I guarantee kids will remember the 2010's fondly once we enter 2030. It only seems "worse" because all the bad stuff is still fresh on our minds. The 10's had some good stories like any other decade, and time will eventually pare the '10s down to its gems as well. thumb upOriginally posted by StiltmanFTW
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/0/77/1469006-venus_12.jpg

^ 100% canon as mentioned in the official Thor handbooks and I'm not even kidding. laughing out loud

AlbertoJohnAvil
give me an example of diversity alberta

marvel have a wider range of gay characters and characters of other nationalities taking up symbolic mantles in main canon. there are a lot more female solo series in marvel.

Philosophía
The 10s is by far the worst thumb up

1914 in particular really sucked and it was all downhill from there.

Galan007
marvel have a wider range of gay characters No argument there. thumb up

MrMind
laughing out loud

beatboks
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Did you not like things like Concrete and the Vertigo stuff. Transmetropolitan etc. The 90's had some good shit as well as the awful stuff.

Obviously there was some decent stuff. Kingdom Come like you mentioned for example. But overall it was a decade with a lot more bad than good.

cdtm
Didn't really like Transmetropolitan.

The politics were worn on its sleeve. And the anti-dog humor is a real turnoff.

Magnificent M
Mid/late 70s to late/early 90s for both DC and Marvel.
Then Image happened and it was, with a few exceptions mostly exxxxtreme crap from all around.
It got better, but not much, around the shift of the millennium.
I'm a sucker for the Bronze Age, I guess.

MrMind
The late 90s-2010.

I don't know why people shit on the 00s, 00-10 was the best era for me
thanks to wildstorm and vertigo of course

cdtm
I don't know why people shit on the 00s, 00-10 was the best era for me
thanks to wildstorm and vertigo of course

Identity Crisis and Avengers Disassembled, that's why.

MrMind
Originally posted by cdtm
Identity Crisis and Avengers Disassembled, that's why.

Avengers Disassembled at least gave us thor ragnarok

identity crisis was one of the worst event of the century

but every decade has a couple stinkers

-Pr-
Identity Crisis is great bar the art, which is an acquired taste.

leonidas
i think each era has plenty of good and plenty of bad. sounds like a cop out but i've been following since the 70's and have read a lot of 60's stuff. i think a fair way to judge might be to list the best and worst arcs of each era. it would be challenging, but it would make for an amazing trip down memory lane and probably introduce a lot of people to some stories/arcs they've never heard of. and it would be fun. thumb up

AlbertoJohnAvil
No argument there. thumb up

👍 Marvel features characters that cover every social demographic in stories. They also cover Gods, Celestials, Eternals, and cosmic beings. They also have characters the are the physical embodiment of abstract ideas like Eternity and Chaos. The more diverse the line up of characters the more diverse

Even Asian characters at Marvel tend to actually matter.

DC stay pushing tokens and docile heroes of color which I hate. Like seriously only black readers I know who seem to like Cyborg are the African delegation here. Like seriously he's a token character he should have been allowed to be created. There's reasons why his sales were shit and always shit. He never matter at the Leauge or Titans. Hell pre-52 the most important thing he did was turn into a planet and train Young Justice. Meanwhile Falcon, Luke Cage, Black Panther, Storm and Monica Rambeau actually were doing shit leading teams, having multiple runs their choices effected the actually overall universe or just earth. Meanwhile Cyborg becomes the driving Miss Daisy at DC.

Senor Cage
👍 Marvel features characters that cover every social demographic in stories. They also cover Gods, Celestials, Eternals, and cosmic beings. They also have characters the are the physical embodiment of abstract ideas like Eternity and Chaos. The more diverse the line up of characters the more diverse

Even Asian characters at Marvel tend to actually matter.

DC stay pushing tokens and docile heroes of color which I hate. Like seriously only black readers I know who seem to like Cyborg are the African delegation here. Like seriously he's a token character he should have been allowed to be created. There's reasons why his sales were shit and always shit. He never matter at the Leauge or Titans. Hell pre-52 the most important thing he did was turn into a planet and train Young Justice. Meanwhile Falcon, Luke Cage, Black Panther, Storm and Monica Rambeau actually were doing shit leading teams, having multiple runs their choices effected the actually overall universe or just earth. Meanwhile Cyborg becomes the driving Miss Daisy at DC.

Sandman is one of the best comic runs in history. DC's abstracts actually have long runs and are interesting. I have yet to see Marvel tell stories on that level. Lucifer, Swamp Thing, Endless, Sandman, Death, etc... All great runs.

Senor Cage
90's-00's Vertigo had some awesome runs.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by beatboks
Obviously there was some decent stuff. Kingdom Come like you mentioned for example. But overall it was a decade with a lot more bad than good. fair enough matr, it's completely personal taste and subjective anyway thumb up

tkitna
70's

cdtm
Originally posted by Senor Cage
90's-00's Vertigo had some awesome runs.

Plus Green Arrow (Most interesting rendition of Arrow by far), The Question, Doom Patrol, Animal Man.

As much as I love my Punisher Max, honestly Vertigo blows Marvel away in terms of quality.

GenghisJuan
80s and 2000s.

Bentley
The 00s had good comics if you don't look at Marvel/DC. I fully enjoyed a lot of different series over Darkhorse, Valiant and others. It really is a question of perspective

MrMind
Originally posted by Bentley
The 00s had good comics if you don't look at Marvel/DC. I fully enjoyed a lot of different series over Darkhorse, Valiant and others. It really is a question of perspective

even looking at dc and marvel it was a good era

marvel had dark reign and siege

dc had 52 and final crisis

Bentley
Dark Reign had some moments but I wouldn't rate Siege as a very good event. Fair enough about Final Crisis though

StyleTime
Originally posted by -Pr-
Identity Crisis is great bar the art, which is an acquired taste.
thumb up
it was a good era

marvel had dark reign and siege

You're gonna get temp banned nominating arcs like that bruh.

StiltmanFTW
Dark Reign was great.

Siege was a little rushed maybe, but easy to forgive that since Asgardian retards got assraped there.

StiltmanFTW
Style's favorites:

X-Women

A-Force

anything with females and no males, really

https://i.ibb.co/2WD3djg/stylebang.png

-Pr-
Dark Reign was a good concept with meh execution. Siege was just meh, if not crap.

Parmaniac
Dark Reign was just too big, at one point basically every comic had the Dark Reign logo slapped on it.

StiltmanFTW
Well, true. It was huge and lasted really long, Siege was basically an extension of it.

Plenty of awesome titles and plenty of ones we haven't even bothered to read.

Still, that was a great time for comic fans. KMC was really active and we were reading tons of books weekly back then.

Now, we're living in a wasteland... fighting a losing battle... even you, Parm, can't put every woke creature, SJW, 100 genders fanatic and sensitive snowflake in your concentration camps.

Old Man Whirly!
Well, true. It was huge and lasted really long, Siege was basically an extension of it.

Plenty of awesome titles and plenty of ones we haven't even bothered to read.

Still, that was a great time for comic fans. KMC was really active and we were reading tons of books weekly back then.

Now, we're living in a wasteland... fighting a losing battle... even you, Parm, can't put every woke creature, SJW, 100 genders fanatic and sensitive snowflake in your concentration camps. Why do I think that post is about me sad

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

You're just trying to do the right thing.

Whereas others want to force their wokeness down our throats and make us choke on it.

StyleTime
Dark Reign was great.

Siege was a little rushed maybe, but easy to forgive that since Asgardian retards got assraped there.
Dark Reign had enjoyable parts, but mentioning it over Annihilation for the 00's in Marvel seems criminal. Even the tie-ins for Annihilation were great, with even the weaker ones being 8/10 or so. And it gave us a rare sequel that was actually good, with Conquest and it's tie-ins in the same decade. And it required no real setup before reading either, so it's great for new readers. It was basically everything you could ask for in an event.

Plus, Dark Reign loses points for teasing me with one of my dreams: Moonstone permanently replacing Carol. Let's face it, Moonstone is 800 million times more interesting than Danvers.
Style's favorites:

X-Women

A-Force

anything with females and no males, really

Goddamnit. You had to pick the absolute worst ones too. laughing out loud

A-Force was terrible and I've thought about re-reading X-Women on my next 'shroom or LSD trip. It might actually make sense then.

I clipped the pic since it stretches my page, but thumb up. That scene in Endgame was ridiculous because it undermined their whole point about representation, and showed they didn't really understand the issue at all.

They should have integrated the women into the story organically from the start, rather than disappearing, literally, ALL OF THEM. Then they wouldn't need a poorly executed scene that completely breaks the narrative, and kills the integrity of the heroes too. Every woman suddenly finds a free moment, and totally abandons their male teammates? Every male hero decides to ignore their female teammates during a pretty important skirmish, with not a single one jumping in to help Carol? They all have the same goal and are fighting the same enemy. Why would this moment ever happen in a battle like that?

That's not what inclusivity is. They were supposed to work together, like ****ing heroes would. Not randomly segregate by gender. Clumsy AF writing.

MrMind
annhilation isn't even that good, annihilation conquest and war of kings are way better as far as space stories

abhilegend
X men second coming was lit AF. Messiah Complex, Messiah War and Second Coming, what a trilogy.

abhilegend
annhilation isn't even that good, annihilation conquest and war of kings are way better as far as space stories
Officers, this comment right here.

Seriously, what the hell dude?

MrMind
laughing out loud

Sin I AM

Lol at work. That shit was trash. Blackagar needed a better villian than an upstart summers with mental issues

MrMind
Lol at work. That shit was trash. Blackagar needed a better villian than an upstart summers with mental issues

did you like realm of kings?

-Pr-
For me, Annihilation is the last, truly good, high quality event Marvel has done. Everything since then has ranged from good in parts, to utter trash.

Sin I AM

Yes

Sin I AM
I also liked the black bolt mini. The inhumans are an untapped resource. Like the eternals or to a lesser degree alpha flight or excalibur

MrMind
I also liked the black bolt mini. The inhumans are an untapped resource. Like the eternals or to a lesser degree alpha flight or excalibur

marvel portrays alien races way better than dc, eternals is my favorite alien race (no racist)

dc simplified too much, daxamites and kryptonians are basically the same thing

StyleTime
Originally posted by abhilegend

laughing out loud thumb up

X men second coming was lit AF.
Yeah, it wasn't fine literature but the Second Coming-era was a wild ride. It was a great, backs-against-the-wall action thriller: high stakes, big plot, badass fights, scary villains, etc. It successfully juggled one of the largest X-casts in history too. Bastion, The Purifiers, Master Mold--At one point, all the mutants were in a dogfight against a city-wide invasion of Nimrod clones, while Earth's other heroes were stuck outside of a forcefield unable to help. That shit was badass. It kept you on the edge of your seat. It may seem weird to people now, since we know what happens, but back then it was tense since so few mutants were left. You didn't really know who would make it out alive, or without getting ****ed up. The body count was pretty outrageous if we factor in all the Post M-Day stuff.

That era also gave us X-Force, which led to Uncanny X-Force(the Remender one), and Uncanny Avengers. Best Deadpool ever. Best Deathlok ever. Best Fantomex ever. Best Archangel ever also turned out to be the best Apocalypse ever(Sorry En Sabah Nur fans, Warren is better. Fact.). Incredible use of multiple AoA characters. Great Wolverine and Psylocke. Incredible X-23. I could go on, but you get it.

Bentley should be happy, as those also include the best Kang ever.

It was a gift that kept on giving. thumb up
Originally posted by -Pr-
For me, Annihilation is the last, truly good, high quality event Marvel has done. Everything since then has ranged from good in parts, to utter trash.
It was one of the best Marvel events ever imo. thumb up
Don't let cdtm's tendrils take hold of you. They distort perception to an absurd degree.

Old Man Whirly!
laughing out loud

You're just trying to do the right thing.

Whereas others want to force their wokeness down our throats and make us choke on it. laughing out loud

Bentley
The hot take saying Annihilation is worse than War of Kings and Annihilation Conquest, wow

Annihilation was so good it revived the cosmic brand of Marvel. It also reminds me that Incredible Herc was a pretty cool little book they had going on back then

MrMind
I know, I'm wonderful like that

I slept with the baby mama from my last job btw

abhilegend
laughing out loud thumb up

Yeah, it wasn't fine literature but the Second Coming-era was a wild ride. It was a great, backs-against-the-wall action thriller: high stakes, big plot, badass fights, scary villains, etc. It successfully juggled one of the largest X-casts in history too. Bastion, The Purifiers, Master Mold--At one point, all the mutants were in a dogfight against a city-wide invasion of Nimrod clones, while Earth's other heroes were stuck outside of a forcefield unable to help. That shit was badass. It kept you on the edge of your seat. It may seem weird to people now, since we know what happens, but back then it was tense since so few mutants were left. You didn't really know who would make it out alive, or without getting ****ed up. The body count was pretty outrageous if we factor in all the Post M-Day stuff.

That era also gave us X-Force, which led to Uncanny X-Force(the Remender one), and Uncanny Avengers. Best Deadpool ever. Best Deathlok ever. Best Fantomex ever. Best Archangel ever also turned out to be the best Apocalypse ever(Sorry En Sabah Nur fans, Warren is better. Fact.). Incredible use of multiple AoA characters. Great Wolverine and Psylocke. Incredible X-23. I could go on, but you get it.

Bentley should be happy, as those also include the best Kang ever.

It was a gift that kept on giving. thumb up

It was one of the best Marvel events ever imo. thumb up

Don't let cdtm's tendrils take hold of you. They distort perception to an absurd degree.
Yup, it was the very first comic I read and I followed it month by month in 2010. It wasn't easy at that time but what a fun ride that was.

I was x men fan first which started my comic reading.

DarkSaint85
Annihilation was a great read.

MrMind
nobody gonna ask anything about the baby mama?

cdtm

Well, he did admit to eating shit.

MrMind
did I? I do not recall that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.