ROS Sidious vs. Legends Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Sidious from ROS (post dyad)

Grandmaster Luke (whichever era was his most powerful) from Legends continuity.

Zenwolf

Eli Vanto
You think Luke > the power of all Sith?

Zenwolf

Darth Thor
I dont think a single Sith could have destroyed that many ships with One Lightning blast.

Even DE Sidious needed a storm to do that. And that was pre-made.

Zenwolf

The Ellimist
It's difficult to do cross-fiction (I'd basically call canon a different fiction for these purposes given the lack of a clear scaling anchor between canon and legends) versus with Legends characters due to the extreme range of feats for them - you have plenty of reason to believe that Legends Luke is on the level of lower-end interpretations of Superman, but then you also have him struggle with 4 YVH droids. Granted, a lot of Luke's lower-end feats can be handwaved by his propensity to hold back a lot (as admitted even IU), but it probably doesn't rationalize it completely.

ROS Sidious has an advantage in that he doesn't have the opportunities to have that many lower-end feats. If we use reasonably higher-end Luke (which I think is fair - he tends to scale up and down to his competition) and we don't say Sidious lifted the fleet at the beginning of the film, I'd say Luke *could* win by virtue of his performances against Abeloth, UnuThul, and DE Sidious (the latter of which was a massively pre-prime Luke).

Sidious's main points are:

- having the power of "all the sith" - if this literally translates into in-the-moment combat power, then Sidious would have a case for winning, but then again UnuThul has trillions of killiks and Luke stomped him.

- lightning feat against the fleet - depends on whether you think this is just raw lightning with zero amplification effects baked into the technique (e.g. if it was a proto-force storm)

NTJack0
Luke speedblitzes and cuts his head off. ROS Palpy was powerful, but didn't really have any combat feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.