Skeletor vs Mum-Rah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

1. Standard battle.

2. Mum-Ra gets Sword of Omens, Skeletor gets Sword of Power.

Stoic
Wasn't Mum-Rah shown to be above Skeletor in a cross over event? I ask because for some reason I forgot the finer details of the event. It struck me as bordering on silly shenanigans, and poor characterization. I kept thinking about how similar the characters were to Sonic the Hedgehog verse characters.

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
Wasn't Mum-Rah shown to be above Skeletor in a cross over event? I ask because for some reason I forgot the finer details of the event. It struck me as bordering on silly shenanigans, and poor characterization. I kept thinking about how similar the characters were to Sonic the Hedgehog verse characters.

Mum-Rah was betrayed and turned into a potion pretty much after the first issue of the crossover.

He did "kill He-Man", technically. By running through Prince Adam.

He could only do this because Skeletor had "golden discs of knowledge" though, and allied with the Ancient Spirits of Evil behind the scenes.

And frankly, He-Man in general was underwritten. Lion-O was the mover and shaker, having done everything from fight Skeletor with He-Man's power, to resurrecting, fighting off, and "purifying" corrupted He-Man, to the Sword of Omens focusing the Sword of Power to Mummator.

I think this was intentional. The writer probably knew He-Man would get his chance in the spotlight against Injustice Superman, and wanted Thundercats to get their turn, as they were neglected for some time.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Mum-Rah was betrayed and turned into a potion pretty much after the first issue of the crossover.

He could only do this because Skeletor had "golden discs of knowledge" though, and allied with the Ancient Spirits of Evil behind the scenes.

And frankly, He-Man in general was underwritten. Lion-O was the mover and shaker, having done everything from fight Skeletor with He-Man's power, to resurrecting, fighting off, and "purifying" corrupted He-Man, to the Sword of Omens focusing the Sword of Power to Mummator.

I think this was intentional. The writer probably knew He-Man would get his chance in the spotlight against Injustice Superman, and wanted Thundercats to get their turn, as they were neglected for some time.

Who do you think wins based on that particular event's scaling?

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
Who do you think wins based on that particular event's scaling?

Impossible to say. Mum-Rah didn't get enough screen time. His fight with He-Man had too much context.

Now, if this were Mum-Rah from the Battle of the Planets crossover, he probably wrecks.

Maybe that's the one you're thinking of, that showed Mum-Rah's superiority? He fought Zoltar in that one, briefly, and essentially squashed him before being bailed by the "Luminous One".

JBL
Mum-rah the ever living.

Adam_PoE
The Sword of Omens will resist attempts for it to be used to do evil, and if forced to, will break. And the Sword of Power cannot even be touched by someone who is evil. So the inclusion of the weapons is moot.

Skeletor takes Mumm-Ra easily.

steverules_2
Originally posted by cdtm

https://i.postimg.cc/hvj84vVt/B4941-E33-7023-41-E8-BBD5-F233-AC0-A872-C.jpg

leonidas
They were depicted as essentially equals, though I feel like Skeletor was pretty impressed when Mum-ra's power was added to his own. In general, Skeletor has better feats though so overall even though I want to say Mum'ra, based on appearances I'd say Skeletor in both.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.