Green Lantern Corps Vs Knull

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Senor Cage
https://i.imgur.com/kqxco17.jpg

vs

https://i.imgur.com/Pv8PWZr.jpg

MrMind
Hal solos

Stoic
Knull turns them into the Green Lantern thralls.

gokuisthebest
Hal solos

Stoic
How does Hal solo?

leonidas
laughing out loud

MrMind
laughing out loud

Damborgson
laughing out loud

Surtur
Originally posted by Stoic
How does Hal solo?

fanboyism

MrMind
if only knull didn't struggle with surfer, if only...

BruceSkywalker
Knull takes care of business

Stoic
Originally posted by MrMind

The Surfer had a very good showing recently when he survived for over 15 minutes in battle with Griever. The Surfer is pretty badass these days.

ShadowFyre
I dont think Knull can beat the entire Corps. Thats thousands of them.

Hal is not soloing this unless we are using just high end feats. He definitely is the main reason that Knull isn't winning this though. If he is considered a "God of light" that could be bad for Knull .

Corps 6-7 /10

TheHulkster
The Surfer had a very good showing recently when he survived for over 15 minutes in battle with Griever. The Surfer is pretty badass these days.

Near multiversal feat for Surfer.

Philosophía
Han Solo s.

Bentley
Kyle solos

leonidas

i was gone a while so i'm still familiarizing myself with the whole debating thing, but does this mean that anytime some more powerful struggles with someone less powerful, that it can be always be held against the more powerful person? confused

and with that, why is this automatically considered a low showing for knull and not a high showing for surfer...? confused

DarkSaint85
It was a great showing for Surfer - one of those typical feats where the hero gives it his all and defeats the Big Bad, sacrificing something in the process etc..

I just am not impressed so far with Knull in actual combat. He seems great in terms of his control, but that's like going up against a say, less impressive (physically) Starro.

How would Knull be able to deal with, say, The Collective? Dkrtzy? Even Mogo - Knull needed to come with his entire army just for Earth. Does he get his army here as well? It would even things up a bit more, but we still have the hero units in the GLC, all of which wield light which Knull hates.

leonidas
i'm def not saying knull wins. that's a lot of gl's. even though he sword would slice through whatever they throw at him (given how gl's don't love magic) that's a lot of gl's. i was more curious about the reasoning for why hal automatically solos. seems like he struggled with ss so is obviously weak. curious why it isn't reversed.... smile

DarkSaint85
I'm also not convinced he's packing the Necrosword. It's just a generic sword AFAIK, similar to how Carnage creates swords etc. So not quite magic.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Senor Cage
https://i.imgur.com/kqxco17.jpg

vs

https://i.imgur.com/Pv8PWZr.jpg

Knull solos, easily. How this thread still isnt closed yet is beyond me

leonidas
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'm also not convinced he's packing the Necrosword. It's just a generic sword AFAIK, similar to how Carnage creates swords etc. So not quite magic.

ah, okay. i was sort of assuming he had the blade here for sure. without he certainly isn't beating the entire corps. sheer numbers would get him. WITH the blade it might be different. that sword would likely wreak utter havoc on a gl and their constructs.

DarkSaint85
He lost it to Gorr like, millenia ago. Parm, Celey and I discussed it, and there's no current proof he got it back (next issue might clarify that of course).

leonidas
If he is assumed to have the sword does it change your opinion?

MrMind
Originally posted by leonidas
i was gone a while so i'm still familiarizing myself with the whole debating thing, but does this mean that anytime some more powerful struggles with someone less powerful, that it can be always be held against the more powerful person? confused

and with that, why is this automatically considered a low showing for knull and not a high showing for surfer...? confused

don't ask me, you are on my ignore list, you are wasting your time

buddahyyyy

DarkSaint85
Still no, tbh.

Surfer sent him away last time by creating an infant sun - something that Kyle alone has done (when on that planet with the vampires). Now he has 7199 other Lanterns, including an entire planet, Lanterns with even better feats than him etc etc?

MrMind
Originally posted by Bentley
Hal Solo s.

don't know who this Han Solo fella is

but I'll ftfy

leonidas
yeah the light weakness would be tough to overcome against lanterns lol

don't ask me, you are on my ignore list, you are wasting your time

buddah

does anyone else see the irony in this post? laughing out loud

MrMind
wahhhhhh, wahhhhh

dc fans hurt my feeling wahhhhh

https://www.gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/bj-penn-gif.gif

leonidas
laughing out loud

for someone on ignore i certainly seem to take up a lot of your time. but if someone kept making me look like a fool and a coward for running away from simple questions, i'd probably ignore them too. smile

MrMind
not. worth. my. time.

I spend my energy elsewhere these days

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Still no, tbh.

Surfer sent him away last time by creating an infant sun - something that Kyle alone has done (when on that planet with the vampires). Now he has 7199 other Lanterns, including an entire planet, Lanterns with even better feats than him etc etc? Mogo has lit up an entire Universe.

Suffice to say, he'd own Knull with a blink.

Stoic
Knull hates the light but when did the light become his silver bullet? Has anyone seen him wilt away due to a light attack like Kryptonite wilts a Kryptonian? Did people forget that Knull has an army as well? All of those symbiotes are part of him. The detractors of course will automatically attempt to nerf his powers by claiming that his army isn't a part of his powers while they actually are.

DarkSaint85
Knull hates the light but when did the light become his silver bullet? Has anyone seen him wilt away due to a light attack like Kryptonite wilts a Kryptonian? Did people forget that Knull has an army as well? All of those symbiotes are part of him. The detractors of course will automatically attempt to nerf his powers by claiming that his army isn't a part of his powers while they actually are.

https://ibb.co/8Kv5Myd

(with thanks to Carver)

His army is part of his powers? Guess Golgo can clarify as it's not past 2 pages yet.

But even so....

https://imgur.com/a/Yh5PrrZ

Mogo alone can deal with the symbiote army.

MrMind
yeah black lanterns are like symbiotes on super steroids, pcp, bath salts

TheHulkster

He has not been hurt by literal "light". He has been hurt by special power that he refers to figuratively as "light".

celeyhyga17
Just having "light" will not be enuff. U need power behind the light.

Its actually an advantage for knull to face multiple fodder. It works in his favor based on his abilities. That fodder eventually becomes his fodder. It's more likely he absorbs the gl's into him before they come up with something really effective or something that really puts him away.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Exactly

https://ibb.co/N3w8MTr

True

DarkSaint85

Its actually an advantage for knull to face multiple fodder. It works in his favor based on his abilities. That fodder eventually becomes his fodder. It's more likely he absorbs the gl's into him before they come up with something really effective or something that really puts him away.

I mean.....GLs have power behind their light too.

But agreed. A lot of the fodder will fall, before he gets defeated.

celeyhyga17
Gonna be an uphill climb.

Btw just noticed this. Is it just me or is Surfer bringing the Phoenix with him? I can kinda see the outlines of a firebird in there.

https://i.ibb.co/Q6ppw9D/King-IBlack-03.jpg

DarkSaint85
I think that's just a wave tube.

celeyhyga17
I know it's a wave tube, but is it a hint as to what the opposite of Knull's abyss powers could be?
herbsrug

DarkSaint85
I know it's a wave tube, but is it a hint as to what the opposite of Knull's abyss powers could be?
herbsrug

Perhaps - let's see what Cates cooks up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.