"Sorry plebs, you can't use our tactics to make money." -Wall Street

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard

cdtm

cdtm
And good for exposing the double standards.

I have a feeling this is the start of something big.

Adam_PoE
They just ****ed themselves with that move.

Robtard
How so?

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
They just ****ed themselves with that move.

Robinhood blocking retail investors?

ArtificialGlory
I hope the 4chan and WSB autists bleed them dry.

Dreampanther
So, anybody bought Dogecoin?

Darth Thor
This was a Legendary move.

And not just because it made me a fast 2k in Cineworld shares wink

This is the sort of revolt we should be doing. Gamers vs Wall Street thumb up

Quincy
Insane

carthage

Newjak
I'm interested to see how this falls out. If lawmakers move to protect the Hedge Funds and Robinhood that will only fan the flames more.

Smasandian
This is very intriguing for sure.

But while I'm not an expert on any of this stuff.... but I think the idea that they are ****ing over Wall Street is misleading. They might be ****ing over a fair number of hedge funds and stuff but there has to be other groups on Wall Street who are making a ****ing killing out of this.

I read an interesting story about how HFT's are most likely getting filthy ****ing rich from this...

But overall, I hope this brings light to the absurdity of it all and how it needs to be ****ing regulated better.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Smasandian
This is very intriguing for sure.

But while I'm not an expert on any of this stuff.... but I think the idea that they are ****ing over Wall Street is misleading. They might be ****ing over a fair number of hedge funds and stuff but there has to be other groups on Wall Street who are making a ****ing killing out of this.

I read an interesting story about how HFT's are most likely getting filthy ****ing rich from this...

But overall, I hope this brings light to the absurdity of it all and how it needs to be ****ing regulated better.

Its not about who gets rich. Its about manipulating the market the way bigger powers do.

Its also about getting together to save companies we care about.

That said the advice from Wall Street brokers was to avoid these stocks.

Astner
Originally posted by Robtard
This is interesting, it started with GameStop after a hedge fund short-sold the stock in order to reap the rewards and Reddit users banded together and started buying GameStop stock, boosting it to a height of +1,700.00%, which caused the hedge fund to panic and start buying, costing them their fortunes, while the Reddit buyers profited.

The super-rich didn't like that, didn't like it one bit, so they used their powers to suspend trading in certain stocks as best they could, not for themselves of course, but among rabble buyers.
No shit? Most venture capitalists involved probably don't have the money to pay back 17 times more than they've invested, and those who do probably don't have it liquidized.

But what I want to know is what Hebrew magic of Biblical proportions made it possible for there more borrowed shares than actual shares.

cdtm
Originally posted by Newjak
I'm interested to see how this falls out. If lawmakers move to protect the Hedge Funds and Robinhood that will only fan the flames more.

AOC should be all over that. This is the kind of thing she signed on for.

StiltmanFTW
Ocasio-Cortez always gives me a boner.

Robtard
Originally posted by Astner
No shit? Most venture capitalists involved probably don't have the money to pay back 17 times more than they've invested, and those who do probably don't have it liquidized.

But what I want to know is what Hebrew magic of Biblical proportions made it possible for there more borrowed shares than actual shares.

It appears +1,700% wasn't the ceiling for GameStop stock, so the fallout for them seems to be even higher and why at least one hedge fund tanked.

Yeah, I don't know enough how that works exactly.

Robtard

cdtm
The fact we don't have national conversations about this kind of thing is what sets me off, to be honest.

All our best and brightest are set in their ways criticising Trump, or Republicans, or weighing in on birth control or immigration policy.

All fine topics, but I also want these intelligent people to argue about hedge funds controlling stocks, while the general public gets frozen out.

I want them to debate about how to end corruption at the top of power.

Or how to prevent tyranny of the majority at the bottom.

I mean, where's all that anger against the failures kf human nature, or the systemic problems of government?

Democrats and Republicans are part a bigger problem. Just like this Gamestop fiasco is part of a much bigger problem.

Talk about that, and how to fix it.

carthage

Robtard
laughing out loud

Well put

Astner
Originally posted by cdtm
The fact we don't have national conversations about this kind of thing is what sets me off, to be honest.

All our best and brightest are set in their ways criticising Trump, or Republicans, or weighing in on birth control or immigration policy.

All fine topics, but I also want these intelligent people to argue about hedge funds controlling stocks, while the general public gets frozen out.

I mean, where's all that anger against the failures kf human nature, or the systemic problems of government?

Democrats and Republicans are part a bigger problem. Just like this Gamestop fiasco is part of a much bigger problem.

The only things that are questionable here is how there could be more borrowed shares than actual shares and that some financial services interfered with the trading on their platforms at the benefit of a small group of people.

Short-selling is fine, and ****ing over short-sellers by creating an artificial demand is also fine.

Also, this is stuff you learn in high school. So people aren't held in the dark.

Darth Thor

Darth Thor
AOC should be all over that. This is the kind of thing she signed on for.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/1/28/22254584/gamestop-robinhood-short-reddit-wallstreetbets-aoc-ted-cruz

Smasandian
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Its not about who gets rich. Its about manipulating the market the way bigger powers do.

Its also about getting together to save companies we care about.

That said the advice from Wall Street brokers was to avoid these stocks.

It's about screwing over the hedge funds because it was found out that they shorted a crazy amount and could be destroyed.

But I disagree wholeheartedly it's about saving companies. Maybe for a select few but most comments are about screwing hedge fund owners.

But in reality, Gamespot, Bath/Beyond, Blackberry are failing companies. Even if this brings new life into them, I assume most of them will eventually crash anyways.

Also..I find kind of disgusting that people are worried about corporations that caused their own failures.

Darth Thor
It's about screwing over the hedge funds because it was found out that they shorted a crazy amount and could be destroyed.

But I disagree wholeheartedly it's about saving companies. Maybe for a select few but most comments are about screwing hedge fund owners.

But in reality, Gamespot, Bath/Beyond, Blackberry are failing companies. Even if this brings new life into them, I assume most of them will eventually crash anyways.

Also..I find kind of disgusting that people are worried about corporations that caused their own failures.

Could definitely help save Cinemas.

Smasandian
What's happening with GME I heard is legitimate.

But the rest of the stock (BB, AMC and stuff) is basically pump and dump...which I think considered market manipulation. I have to assume SEC will come down hard on that.

ares834

Who the **** cares? Average retail investor screwing over hedge funds is a good thing.

Darth Thor
What's happening with GME I heard is legitimate.

But the rest of the stock (BB, AMC and stuff) is basically pump and dump...which I think considered market manipulation. I have to assume SEC will come down hard on that.

But Market Manipulation is what the Fed was doing all of 2020.

Smasandian
Originally posted by ares834
Who the **** cares? Average retail investor screwing over hedge funds is a good thing.

I agree. I'm not sad some hedge funds are getting screwed due to their reckless investing. What has happened with GME is interesting and they should get screwed for making such a risky decision like that.

But eventually, when WSB says "invest in AMC", are you actually screwing over a hedge fund? Or is it a group of people pumping the stock because they bought low and when it gets high...they sell...which then ****s retail investors who went all in and don't know any better. I also agree that SEC need to investigate what the **** happened with Robinhood and etc.

That is no different than the dude from Wolf on Wall Street pumping shit stocks to unsuspected people.

Do we honestly believe this is ****ing everybody over? No, just the specific hedge funds that ****ed up....others are probably making a ****ing mint.

Smasandian
Don't get me wrong. I would prefer retail investors to get money rather than hedge fund managers.

I'm just worried for people that get caught up on this...getting screwed. And even other groups do bad things, I would prefer if nobody does bad things.

I also wonder if regular people who have retirement savings/mutual funds in some of these hedge funds are going to lose their own savings. But I do not know enough about who uses these hedge funds.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Robtard
How so?

By limiting Gamestop trades "to protect" retail customers, Robinhood has taken the responsibility to protect retail customers from other losses.

carthage
Losses are reportedly at 19 billion for short sellers lmao

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/gamestop-saga-triggers-rethink-wall-street-short-seller-losses-2021-1-1030021995

truejedi
It's not really as simple as poor sticking it to the rich. Hedge funds collapsing is bad for people's retirements.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by truejedi
It's not really as simple as poor sticking it to the rich. Hedge funds collapsing is bad for people's retirements.

The lesson there is not to leave your retirement plans to those crooks.

marcssands14
I just wish I knew about this at least like 3 days before it made the news..wouldve invested a 100 smh

cdtm
Originally posted by truejedi

Sure. The same way the crooks in Enron ruined a lot of lives.

That's why Obama said the bankers and such were "Too big to fail".

The thing is, their actions ruin lives anyways. They need to be stopped.

eThneoLgrRnae

The people going around constantly bashing Trump are not our "best and brightest" lmao. Not even close. On the contrary, they are actually our worst and dumbest (and most ignorant). thumb up

truejedi
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
The people going around constantly bashing Trump are not our "best and brightest" lmao. Not even close. On the contrary, they are actually our worst and dumbest (and most ignorant). thumb up

Strike that, reverse it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.