Should Star Trek be allowed to die?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Badabing
The Kelvin timeline movies got progressively worse. ST Beyond was just bad imo. ST Picard is brutal. Picard is a gimped version of himself. Seems that Starfleet is full of foul mouthed Karens, wannabe Han Solo guys and the Federation seems to be a dystopian society now.

To be fair, ST Discovery has become marginally better from season 1 to season 3. The SJW messages are down as well. But Michael is still the only person who can save the day. And what's with the deep and emotional scenes every 8 minutes where someone cries?

I say let Star Trek end with a whimper. Paramount should have taken more than a few years from ST Enterprise to the Kelvin timeline movies.

Old Man Whirly!
Deep fake the original crew, that is all! It's life Jim, but not as we know it.

Badabing
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Deep fake the original crew, that is all! It's life Jim, but not as we know it. We are getting close enough with the technology to make that happen.

Been rewatching TOS. They redid the special effects. Nothing drastic and kept the original charm. It was a pleasant surprise.

Surtur
i love star trek, and if they can ever capture the magic of TNG and DS9 I say...keep it up.

discovery is...passable. some great eps.

also lower decks is awesome

Dude111
I couldnt agree more....... The original series was the only GOOD one....

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Badabing
We are getting close enough with the technology to make that happen.

Been rewatching TOS. They redid the special effects. Nothing drastic and kept the original charm. It was a pleasant surprise. they are almost there bada, I dont know if its goulish but deep fake animation movies appeal to me if it was the original cast. Yes I have see the improved effects, it's cool imo.Originally posted by Surtur
i love star trek, and if they can ever capture the magic of TNG and DS9 I say...keep it up.

discovery is...passable. some great eps.

also lower decks is awesome discovery is better now, really enjoyed last season. Everyone forgets the stinkers in next gen and ds9 like any Wesley or Guynun centred episode and the Ferengi etc.Originally posted by Dude111
I couldnt agree more....... The original series was the only GOOD one.... it certainly was the best one imo thumb up

Shadow_King
There is still one more Star Trek show to come "Star Trek : Strange New Worlds", you will get to see more Christopher Pike/Spock, maybe this will recapture everyone's love with the franchise since it will go back TOS format.

Instead of killing off the franchise, couldn't they breakaway from this time period to a different era with no references to TOS/TNG/Discovery/Voyager/DS9 and just make a brand new series or is that too big of a risk?

Robtard
Allowed to die? Never, it's a fantastic franchise, even with the turds and there's turds in every series/crew. Star Trek can always be redeemed.

Do agree that Abrams shit the bed with Star Trek Beyond, garbage film, and even while Into Darkness was good/fun, Cumberbatch while a very good actor, wasn't a great choice for Trek's most iconic villain. Star Trek (2008) was a solid Trek film though, start to finish.

Picard I did enjoy at first due to nostalgia, but looking back, it was overall meh as a whole. So much meh when it could have been a great miniseries.

Discovery is officially a lost cause for me now after Season 3, I really did try to like this series since Season 1. "The Burn" plot was so unforgivably stupid and bad. I will try Season 4, but I expect it will be trash.

Strange New Worlds shows promise due of Captain Pike/crew and the timeline it's set in, but I fear it will take the trash path of Discovery.

-Pr-
The Kelvin timeline movies got progressively worse. ST Beyond was just bad imo. ST Picard is brutal. Picard is a gimped version of himself. Seems that Starfleet is full of foul mouthed Karens, wannabe Han Solo guys and the Federation seems to be a dystopian society now.

To be fair, ST Discovery has become marginally better from season 1 to season 3. The SJW messages are down as well. But Michael is still the only person who can save the day. And what's with the deep and emotional scenes every 8 minutes where someone cries?

I say let Star Trek end with a whimper. Paramount should have taken more than a few years from ST Enterprise to the Kelvin timeline movies.

I was so, so tempted to rant and rave about how shit it all is, but tbh, the best thing I think could happen to Star Trek, is to find a new person in charge. Kurtzman has been a failure from the get-go.

Discovery has had three seasons to grow the beard, and hasn't done so. Any bright spots are quickly overshadowed by, honestly, what is a fundamental misunderstanding of how to make a Star Trek show. With every subsequent episode I feel like Pike was some sort of fluke.

Picard... wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't completely tainted the literal point of the Federation to set up the plot of the show. And, like Discovery, almost all of the side characters are poorly developed.

Lower Decks is mostly harmless fun, but Burnham 2.0 is, to me, written more like a Trek fan beamed in to the Star Trek universe than an actual character born in that universe. Still, the Titan. The ****ing Titan, man.

Badabing
If Strange New Worlds disappointments me then Paramount will have to fight me irl. sneer

-Pr-
I don't want to be optimistic, but there's a voice in my head saying "they have to get it right eventually" so who knows.

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't want to be optimistic, but there's a voice in my head saying "they have to get it right eventually" so who knows. My voice is telling me to kick Paramount's ass anyway. sneer

-Pr-
https://media.tenor.com/images/27477222ee974263ea6be0da63347b40/tenor.gif

StiltmanFTW
I'm tempted to summon Quan.

Khan is.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Khan is.

Quanchi? Will he come back to defend Cumberbatch's honor?

Robtard

Khan is.

Do you have outside contact with him? Been wondering where he went, kinda vanished around when Covid was going out of control.

Badabing

Khan is. I haven't seen Quan on FB in a long while.

I may give TNG a watch. I haven't seen a lot of the episodes in years. They should remaster it like they did TOS.

-Pr-
I haven't seen Quan on FB in a long while.

I may give TNG a watch. I haven't seen a lot of the episodes in years. They should remaster it like they did TOS.

They did a few years back for the bluray. I think Netflix has the episodes too, but it's so detailed you can see the seams in Worf's makeup and how Data's makeup ****ing rubs off on everything.

It's really good quality HD.

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-
They did a few years back for the bluray. I think Netflix has the episodes too, but it's so detailed you can see the seams in Worf's makeup and how Data's makeup ****ing rubs off on everything.

It's really good quality HD. Rewatching TOS now. I will give TNG a look on Netflix.

Old Man Whirly!
Rewatching TOS now. I will give TNG a look on Netflix. thumb up The original is the only one I go back and watch over and over. I rewatched Babylon 5 recently. Dated badly, STTOS still looks fresh now.

Badabing
thumb up The original is the only one I go back and watch over and over. I rewatched Babylon 5 recently. Dated badly, STTOS still looks fresh now. I was going to give The Expanse a watch. Heard good things.

Also have been considering watching Doctor Who from the 2005 season up to the point where the show became bad, according to the internet.

Old Man Whirly!
I was going to give The Expanse a watch. Heard good things.

Also have been considering watching Doctor Who from the 2005 season up to the point where the show became bad, according to the internet. Doctor who was great till Tenant left. From Matt Smith on, its shitty imo.

Robtard
I watched all of season 1 and I think part of season 2 of the Expanse, but I gave up on it.

My brother claims it's good and gets better as it goes on. I might try and pick it up again.

Badabing
Doctor who was great till Tenant left. From Matt Smith on, its shitty imo. That makes it 4 or 5 seasons then?Originally posted by Robtard
I watched all of season 1 and I think part of season 2 of the Expanse, but I gave up on it.

My brother claims it's good and gets better as it goes on. I might try and pick it up again. Is your brother reliable?

Just watch Star Trek TOS, Space Seed. Khan is an absolute legend at dealing with women.

Old Man Whirly!
That makes it 4 or 5 seasons then? Is your brother reliable?

Just watch Star Trek TOS, Space Seed. Khan is an absolute legend at dealing with women. i think thats 5 seasons Bada, but i am more of a classic Whovian.

cdtm
I kind of has. Picard isn't really canon to classic Trek, it happens in "Trek Prime".

Which is a fancy way of saying "The Ultimate Verse", as opposed to 616.

-Pr-
Huh? Picard is canon. I mean, I don't want it to be, but it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.