Marvel holding online vote for final X-Men member. Cast your ballot..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StyleTime
No registration required. Open to all until 11:59 pm EST February 2, 2021.

Marvel.com/xmenvote

For those of you not following the story, the events of X of Swords have created a need for a formal X-Men team on Krakoa. It will be the mutant nation's first official squad of X-Men ever, and we get to pick its final member from the list. Pretty cool.

StiltmanFTW
Stop using VPN and spam-voting for women...

StiltmanFTW
Not sure who to pick, tbh.

Shadow_King
I voted armour, thought she was great in astonishing x-men and think she should get another shot on the team.

StyleTime
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Stop using VPN and spam-voting for women...
laughing out loud

Initially, I was actually going to vote on Sunspot. He's already headlining a book though, and I want someone we don't get to see much. Cannonball, Polaris, Boom Boom, Armor are also already regulars in other books. Strong Guy, Forge, Banshee, and Marrow aren't on active teams but have been fairly well covered in the past.

Which leaves Tempo, who I voted on. I'd like to see her fleshed out a bit, especially being a former antagonist, and I think Hickman is just the guy for the job. Plus, it'll be cool to have a time manipulator on an X-team. Doesn't happen often.

StiltmanFTW
I decided to vote for Banshee, because of the all-new, all-different uncanny claremont nostalgia.

That and he spent a whole lot of time being either dead or brainwashed, so I want to see some classic Sean again.

StiltmanFTW
I know next to nothing about Tempo, so perhaps it wasn't a bad idea to try to give her her five minutes.

But let's face it, she's not likely to be picked.

riv6672

StyleTime

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by StyleTime
I totally agree there. It's highly unlikely she'll be picked, which is unfortunate. Forge is working with Wolverine and Quentin in X-Force, so he's getting screen time. I predict we'll see the others soon too. Banshee might get involved with the Siryn storyline in X-Factor, as he's already been informed of what's going on with her. X-Corp got sidelined due to COVID, but Strong Guy and Marrow have a way better shot at getting in there than Tempo if Marvel picks it up again.

thumb up

Btw, has it been revealed in X-Force what plans Wolverine had for Forge's adamantium?

Would be cool to see some MLF members get some shine somewhere. I know they are mostly losers, but even that kind of dynamic can be compelling. Plus, they all have so much room for a writer to play in. I figured someone would have tried by now. Kinda like with the squad in Hellions. More freedom when the characters haven't really been defined yet.

Pre-Hickman X-Men were considered a disaster and MLF was a part of that run, so they're not likely to get a lot of panel time now. Just saying.

This could all turn out to be another failed timeline of Moira X somewhere in the run. Hickman did leave that backdoor open, so the possibility is there..

I really doubt it.

Too late to declare it non-canon to 616, since it's not a self-contained story arc anymore and mutants do interact with the rest of the MU.

StyleTime
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Btw, has it been revealed in X-Force what plans Wolverine had for Forge's adamantium?

Pre-Hickman X-Men were considered a disaster and MLF was a part of that run, so they're not likely to get a lot of panel time now. Just saying.

I really doubt it.

Too late to declare it non-canon to 616, since it's not a self-contained story arc anymore and mutants do interact with the rest of the MU.
Not yet. I don't know if it got sidetracked by X of Swords, or if they're just planning on getting back to it later.

True.

Yeah, I don't think this is a failed Moira timeline either. Just mentioning fan theories, mostly from those upset about the current arc. Some people are downright furious about the polyamory thing with Scott/Logan/Jean. I think they're hoping for any kind of retcon.

Although, I'm sure there's some way to undo things with Moira X if Hickman really wanted. I imagine he has a lot of pull at this point. I don't think it'll happen of course though.

Then again, they made the Teen O5 X-Men canon to 616 after years of them being an alternate timeline, so what do I know? lol

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Last paragraph --- huh?

O5 were always meant to be canon, from the very start, just transported from the past --- the canonical past.

Otherwise, it would be completely futile for Beast to get them in the first place.

Unless I'm missing something that elaborated on it much further and Beast / other characters were wondering if O5 came from yet another alternate reality?

StyleTime
They were pulled from 616 past, but they became an alternate timeline right when they were allowed to stay in the current time. It was later confirmed several times, but perhaps most notably when Magneto met the Adult Teen O5 in a dystopian future. That is when everyone learned they absolutely had to go back.

It actually felt like a call out of Bendis at times--certain characters going "you really thought this random time travel stuff wouldn't screw things up?" Then again, it's likely Bendis intended them to be different anyway. He did write that cheesy "It's All New!" line from Teen Jean when she was asked why she wasn't quite like 616 Jean.

At that point, they realized the Young O5 had to go back. I guess it kinda fixed some potential power level problems as well. Galactus needing 4 Silver Surfers to fight Adult Teen Jean and Adult Teen Beast being a good enough mage to beat Magik in Limbo.

I actually wonder if they finally decided to send them back in back in preparation for Hickman's run? He was probably like "yeeeeeeaaaahhhh--we need to wrap that whole thing up folks...cuz lulz."

StyleTime

It actually felt like a call out of Bendis at times--certain characters going "you really thought this random time travel stuff wouldn't screw things up?" Then again, it's likely Bendis intended them to be different anyway. He did write that cheesy "It's All New!" line from Teen Jean when she was asked why she wasn't quite like 616 Jean.

Okay, I guess she wasn't really "asked". It was the Gladiator fight. Referencing the series title in the dialogue is just 90% of the time going to sound cheesy either way though. I get what Bendis was doing but holy hell.

StiltmanFTW
What a mess... thanks for the reply.

Shadow_King
So after all the build up and hype the one to win the election is the one who has been in the comic books for a long time and has been part of the team a few times. I guess people can't move on from the past.

I hope for the next election they give the young ones a chance.

riv6672

StyleTime
Yeah, I was disappointed it was Polaris too. Nothing against Lorna, or anyone else on the list, of course. I just really didn't want to want the exact same faces we always see, and Polaris is already headlining another book. Most of the others are also either headlining or featured in other books too.

I'm pleasantly surprised Tempo made it to number 5 though. Seems like more people than I expected had the same thought I did: let's explore these relatively underused characters. Hickman seems interested in her, so she'll probably show up at some point.

We got some funny mini- comics from the Marvel Twitter about the runoff though.

https://i.postimg.cc/90XqctCt/Eyxy-N8-WWUAYg-R2-S.jpg

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1381608079486255105?s=20

riv6672

Robtard
Maggot gets my vote

StyleTime
Lol. Well, it would definitely be interesting to see what he's been up to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.