Which mid herald can replicate ripping Ares in half

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
https://i.ibb.co/DVTtJxV/Sentry-Ares-Siege-Marvel.jpg

Middle
Abra Kadabra, Alexander Nero, Apocalypse, Baron Zemo (w/ Moonstones), Battle Beast, Beta Ray Bill, Binary, Bizarro Superman, Black Adam, Black Bolt, Blue Marvel, Cable (Full Power), Captain Atom, Captain Marvel (DC), Cassandra Nova, Cheetah, Citizen Steel, Conquest, Count Nefaria, Damage, Damien Hellstrom, Dr. Doom, Eradicator (non-Fortress Mode), Etrigan, Evinlea, The Fallen One, The General (Shaggy Man), Gladiator, Graviton, Grayven, Green Lanterns (Guy Gardner, Icon (Milestone), Jessica Cruz, John Stewart, Katma, Kilowog, Simon Baz, Sodam Yat), Hulk, Hyperion, Invincible, Juggernaut (Classic), Kang, Kid Omega, Kurse, Lobo, Loki, Maestro, Magneto (616), Magus (Post-IG), Manchester Black, Mantis (New God), Martian Manhunter, Mon-El, Mongul, Monica Rambeau (Spectrum), Moonstone (w/ both stones), Morg, Nate Grey, O.M.A.C., Omni-Man, Rachel Summers (Phoenix II), Red Shift, Sersi, Shadowman, Shaman, Skreet, Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris), Stardust, Supergirl, Supreme (original), Ultron, Void (Wildstorm, no Creation Engine power), White Martians, Wildfire, Witchfire (Demon Form)

Stoic
Not sure, looking at the list I nearly said a shit ton could, but Ares stood up to Hercules and did extremely well. The problem with gauging that particular strength feat by Sentry, is that the Sentry's power levels are dynamic. Who's to say that he couldn't rip every mid Herald in half at certain power levels?

I mean, exactly how strong did Bob imagine the Sentry was at that exact moment.

The answer isn't as clean cut as you may believe if you think about it long enough.

MrMind
because he has not shown powerful enough to do so, he's not capable of doing so

your line of reasoning is faulty as hell

Philosophía
Physically, or with anything? Physically, the likes of Black Adam, Apocalypse etc.

MrMind

Philosophía
Assuming it has to be one attempt, no? So somebody like Gladiator doesn't just keep pounding on him for half an hour and then then uses his HV for another 15 to cut him in half.

I think Mongul, Apocalypse, Black Adam , Cable, Captain Atom, Abra Kadabra, Black Bolt, etc. There's a lot of them.

MrMind

Bentley
Kang

Adam Grimes
Kong

MrMind
Dang

Enzeru
For the sake of the over-the-top, tongue-in-cheek argument: Let's compare it to an adult man punching a young boy. The strength (power) difference is vast. One punch is enough and the kid is a goner. But can that man rip the boy in half? No. That would require an extreme amount of additional strength (power).

Back in the middle ages they'd strap the limbs of a person to four horses and have the horses pull the person apart limb by limb. Even that supposedly sometimes failed and they had to cut the person apart with knives. That should go on to show how durable the humanoid body can be.

I kinda doubt that the power level difference between mid heralds and Ares is big to a point, where they can just "casually" rip him apart in one try. And I'm writing "casually" in quotation marks, because there was a WHAT IF, where it was theorized that Sentry ripping Ares apart left even him exhausted.
I kinda don't see someone like Thor being able to rip Ares apart. I just don't. And that's not a knock on Thor. Can Thor one-shot Ares? Yes. Can he physically overpower Ares? Yes, Ares does not have the strength levels of a high herald. But can he tear him in half? I'm not seeing it. And I'm especially not seeing mid heralds doing it either. The better questions would have been, which high herald could potentially pull it off, but even there I'd have my doubts. Sentry on the other hand is on another level.

Stoic
Originally posted by MrMind
because he has not shown powerful enough to do so, he's not capable of doing so

your line of reasoning is faulty as hell

So you know exactly how strong the Sentry was at that time? His power levels fluctuate, so no, my line of reasoning isn't faulty. Ares was perfectly able to contend with Hercules, which threw the official handbook rating on him out of the window. That showing alone placed him squarely within the Class 100 club. So again, exactly how strong was the Sentry at that particular time? If he were able to roll on Ares that easily, he could've done thesame to Hercules as well, and their peers. Take a long look at the physical peers of Hercules.

Not powerful enough? Terrax is by no means a weakling, and look at how easily the Sentry dealt with him. Answering this question is like answering what your blood pressure will be in a month from today. You can't because it fluctuates.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Stoic

So you know exactly how strong the Sentry was at that time?

I don't even think that we have to theorize about at which levels the Sentry was operating there.

The thread makes it sound as if Ares is weak and as if mid heralds could potentially do something the Sentry has done. Ares isn't weak. He just encountered a force of nature.
Going by the same line of thinking we could create a thread and ask which mid herald could replicate killing a Celestial. None of them. It takes way more than mid herald levels to come close to killing a Celestial. And in my personal opinion it also takes way more than mid herald levels to rip someone like Ares in half. (Just keep in mind that defeating Ares and ripping Ares in half are two entirely different things.)

zopzop
Quickly browsing that list : Kurse, Hellstrom (as Hell Lord), Apocalypse, and Sersi.

DarkSaint85
I wouldn't be surprised if Lobo or some of the Lanterns could do it too.

Adam Grimes
The Viltrumites, MMH, Mon-El, Supergirl can probably do it as well.

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I wouldn't be surprised if Lobo or some of the Lanterns could do it too. The high-end lanterns definitely can , I'd be curious for the mid-tier ones.

StiltmanFTW
Just like Phil said.

Apocalypse, Apocalypse, Apocalypse and Apocalypse.

Only he's second only to TOAA, not a mid-herald.

Juntai
Why is Icon listed as a green lantern.

StiltmanFTW
It's a really old list.

ShadowFyre
It looks like a lot of them could to be honest. What is Ares? High meta?

Enzeru
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

It looks like a lot of them could to be honest. What is Ares? High meta?

High meta is the safest bet due to some of Ares' lower showings in the past, but modern day Ares has had some good showings. Me personally, I'd put him in the low herald tier at this point. He has wrestled with Hercules and other heralds like Skaar. He has tanked blasts from Galactus. And the Dark Reign files had him power wise alongside characters like the Red Hulk, Hela and Juggernaut. The next power tier were cosmic beings such as the Molecule Man, Sentry, Mephisto, Nightmare and others.

What kinda speaks against Ares are his 70 tonner strength levels from the old days. Even Skyfathers like Odin and Zeus had lower base levels and had to amp their strength with magic. +100 tonner strength levels were almost exclusively reserved for Thor and Hercules.

Philosophía
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
It looks like a lot of them could to be honest. What is Ares? High meta? He's in Colossus's tier to make sure he's not last thumb up

deft
Black Adam and Captain Atom.

Booya_69
Kurse. Black Adam (high heralds imo). beta ray bill, hulk

MrMind
bump

ODG
^ I'm 10 beers in, but this strikes me as butthurt over a completely different topic.

"Id"
AoA Magneto.

ODG
^ I was under the impression that Apocalypse was made of malleable alloy. His AoA incarnation too. If he is, could that feat apply to someone like Ares?

DarkSaint85
Maybe by messing with his blood similar to how 616 Mags affected 616 Herc?

zopzop
The impressiveness of the God killing feat in Marvel depends on the way the writer views Gods. For example :
https://i.postimg.cc/FfNqK0fG/rd9fQFK.jpg
Here X-Man, one of the most powerful PSIs in all Marvel, has no counter to Ares who exists as the personification of War on every plane of reality in the multiverse simultaneously (even past, present, future). Yet Sentry ripped that dude in half, ending him.

ODG
^ Given those scenes preceded Siege, you're not exactly wrong. But it's also arguable that Sentry did not tear apart the very concept of war during Siege.

cdtm
Originally posted by MrMind
https://i.ibb.co/DVTtJxV/Sentry-Ares-Siege-Marvel.jpg

Middle
Abra Kadabra, Alexander Nero, Apocalypse, Baron Zemo (w/ Moonstones), Battle Beast, Beta Ray Bill, Binary, Bizarro Superman, Black Adam, Black Bolt, Blue Marvel, Cable (Full Power), Captain Atom, Captain Marvel (DC), Cassandra Nova, Cheetah, Citizen Steel, Conquest, Count Nefaria, Damage, Damien Hellstrom, Dr. Doom, Eradicator (non-Fortress Mode), Etrigan, Evinlea, The Fallen One, The General (Shaggy Man), Gladiator, Graviton, Grayven, Green Lanterns (Guy Gardner, Icon (Milestone), Jessica Cruz, John Stewart, Katma, Kilowog, Simon Baz, Sodam Yat), Hulk, Hyperion, Invincible, Juggernaut (Classic), Kang, Kid Omega, Kurse, Lobo, Loki, Maestro, Magneto (616), Magus (Post-IG), Manchester Black, Mantis (New God), Martian Manhunter, Mon-El, Mongul, Monica Rambeau (Spectrum), Moonstone (w/ both stones), Morg, Nate Grey, O.M.A.C., Omni-Man, Rachel Summers (Phoenix II), Red Shift, Sersi, Shadowman, Shaman, Skreet, Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris), Stardust, Supergirl, Supreme (original), Ultron, Void (Wildstorm, no Creation Engine power), White Martians, Wildfire, Witchfire (Demon Form)

Iron Fist.

ODG
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/154385-4/MMA-sucker-punch.gif

MrMind
Originally posted by ODG
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/154385-4/MMA-sucker-punch.gif

what a ***** move

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.