Quinlan Vos vs Obi-Wan kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Both at their best who wins in the following :

1. Sabers
2. Force powerS
3. H2H
4. All out fight with a combo of all the above

Total Warrior
Legends or canon?

ozz81
canon

juggernaut74
Quinlan all day.

Total Warrior
Ok then
1) Quinlan
2) Dunno, either could win
3) Dunno again, Vos looks a bit bulkier, and seems to use H2H more often than Kenobi, so maybe Vos
4) Vos

Eli Vanto
End of ROTS Kenobi should sweep all IMO. It was stated that he was tapping into the force like never before.

ozz81
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
End of ROTS Kenobi should sweep all IMO. It was stated that he was tapping into the force like never before.

Cool like how so exactly ? What were the force powers he was tapping into exactly that were considered powerful etc ?

Forschbewithu

I've heard this be thrown around a few time now, but don't know the source. What is it?

Regardless, I'm not sure how much this quote proves how he scales above Vos (or anyone for that matter). All this shows is that he's using the force like never before.

Darth Thor

Remember this is Peak Vos though, so when he beat Dooku.

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Remember this is Peak Vos though, so when he beat Dooku.

Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force (2018) says the reason Dooku got the better of Kenobi once again is because he's familiar with his fighting style. Since Maul is > than Dooku in sabers in Canon and Obi-wan fights Maul evenly throughout the CW's (you can make the argument he's a better duelist than Maul too), it's easier to picture Obi-wan, Maul, & Vos all on the same level.

juggernaut74
Doesn't another canon source say the only reason Kenobi did so well against Anakin was because he was familiar with his fighting style?

I thought I read that somewhere.

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Doesn't another canon source say the only reason Kenobi did so well against Anakin was because he was familiar with his fighting style?

I thought I read that somewhere.

Also true! I know I have the quote saved, I can dig it up if you really want it. This just goes to show there's always far more that goes into an outcome of a duel than just skill/power alone.

juggernaut74
Knowing your opponents style is skill imo.

Scizard
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force (2018) says the reason Dooku got the better of Kenobi once again is because he's familiar with his fighting style. Since Maul is > than Dooku in sabers in Canon and Obi-wan fights Maul evenly throughout the CW's (you can make the argument he's a better duelist than Maul too), it's easier to picture Obi-wan, Maul, & Vos all on the same level.

If you've got a picture would you be able to send it?

ozz81

ozz81

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Knowing your opponents style is skill imo.

Yeah Dooku knows all styles. Plus he was fighting both Kenobi and Skywalker, so thats a piss poor excuse for Kenobi IMO.

Dooku was just better than Kenobi at the time of ROTS.

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by Scizard
If you've got a picture would you be able to send it?

Don't have a photo, but here's the quote:

"Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker faced Count Dooku again, this time aboard a Separatist flagship._Familiar with Obi-Wan's fighting style,_the Dark Lord once again got the better of him._It was Anakin, at Chancellor Palpatine's command, who sliced through Dooku's hands and mortally wounded him to end the duel." -- Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force (2018)

Scizard
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
Don't have a photo, but here's the quote:

"Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker faced Count Dooku again, this time aboard a Separatist flagship._Familiar with Obi-Wan's fighting style,_the Dark Lord once again got the better of him._It was Anakin, at Chancellor Palpatine's command, who sliced through Dooku's hands and mortally wounded him to end the duel." -- Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force (2018)

Alright, thanks.

Scizard
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah Dooku knows all styles. Plus he was fighting both Kenobi and Skywalker, so thats a piss poor excuse for Kenobi IMO.

Dooku was just better than Kenobi at the time of ROTS.

He knows all styles?

Darth Thor
He knows all styles?

He seemed to know every form Anakin and Obi-Wan were using in the ROTS novel at least.

Dont see why thats surprising from an old pro like Dooku though.

Scizard
So he knows most styles but not all

Darth Thor
So he knows most styles but not all

Theres like 7 styles. And Dooku was the most learned student at the Temple (even in canon). So Dont know why youve decided he doesnt know all of them.

In the ROTS novelisation hes aware of the strengths and weaknesses of Ataro, Soresu and Djem So. In the old EU he knew a fair bit about Vapaad as well. He obviously knows his own form. So thats already 5/7.

Scizard
So 4/7 in canon then

Darth Thor
So 4/7 in canon then

Confirmed. Yeah.

But given GI could see not only what Kanans form was but who actually taught him by the way he fought, I see no reason to believe Dooku isnt a pro at recognising forms and responding appropriately.

Galan007
The GI has learned to use/counter ALL the forms of combat:
https://i.imgur.com/DyCVmEu.jpeg

So it's logical to assume that Dooku would have as well.

Darth Thor
thumb up

That said, it really should have taken Kanan more seasons to defeat the GI.

Galan007
Yeah, it was a complete waste to kill him off in the first season.

Eli Vanto
If GI was that skilled and knew every form of combat, how the hell did S1 Kanan beat him?

Galan007
Some level of working knowledge on all the forms doesn't make him an unbeatable saber-God.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.