Darkest Knight vs Cosmic Armor Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DantasKEdc
Darkest Knight vs Cosmic Armor Superman

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Thought Robot was created by the splintered aspects of Mar-Novu, Darkest Knight is more powerful than a being who could oneshot a fusion of Mar-Novu and his equally powerful brothers.

Darkest Knight curbs easily.

leonidas
lol and this, in a nutshell, is the problem with dc.... laughing out loud

MrMind
I'll go with thot robot thotty boi due to his meta nature

leonidas
but does that not go against the clear tiering that dc has established? conceptually i agree, but it's hard to argue the logic of the first post. /shrug

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by leonidas
but does that not go against the clear tiering that dc has established? conceptually i agree, but it's hard to argue the logic of the first post. /shrug I agree, as stupid as it is.... Sigh

MrMind
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Thought Robot was created by the splintered aspects of Mar-Novu

no,

The Thought Robot is a remnant of Dax Novu, the extension of the Overvoid that examined the Multiverse and split in two.

xJLxKing
Thought Robot wins

Diesldude
Thought Robot.

leonidas
But, but, the cosmology....

xJLxKing
Originally posted by leonidas
But, but, the cosmology....
What about It?

leonidas
See the first reply...

Diesldude
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Thought Robot was created by the splintered aspects of Mar-Novu, Darkest Knight is more powerful than a being who could oneshot a fusion of Mar-Novu and his equally powerful brothers.

Darkest Knight curbs easily. the brothers werent amped by Superman and his story.

Galan007
Dax Novu = Mandrakk = created BY the Overvoid itself.

Mar Novu = Overmonitor = created BY Perpetua.

They are different beings.

Aside from that, Mandrakk was also feasting on The Bleed.

This is important, because Mxy clarified that The Bleed = imagination:
https://ibb.co/h8BSJLM
"Imagination is the blood of the multiverse, the energy that flows between the realms."

And as we know, the 5th dimension IS imagination:
https://ibb.co/f0Ftwz6

So in addition to everything else, Mandrakk was also consuming the equivalent of 5D energy for an untold amount of time.

GenghisJuan
CAS for reasons above.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
Dax Novu = Mandrakk = created BY the Overvoid itself.

Mar Novu = Overmonitor = created BY Perpetua.

They are different beings.

Aside from that, Mandrakk was also feasting on The Bleed.

This is important, because Mxy clarified that The Bleed = imagination:
https://ibb.co/h8BSJLM
"Imagination is the blood of the multiverse, the energy that flows between the realms."

And as we know, the 5th dimension IS imagination:
https://ibb.co/f0Ftwz6

So in addition to everything else, Mandrakk was also consuming the equivalent of 5D energy for an untold amount of time. thumb up

Mandrakk is essentially an agent of the Overvoid to oversee story .

MrMind

Philosophía
I only read Galan and Stilt's posts on this forum. The rest I just scroll through.

MrMind
https://www.icegif.com/wp-content/uploads/pikachu-crying-icegif.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

MrMind
overvoid (where mandrakk is from) encompasses sixth dimension

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

MrMind

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

MrMind
I personally think Morrison created superior hyper gods compared to Snyder

perpetua was not behind final crisis

all she did was whispering sweet nothing, instigating crisis when she was trapped in the wall

All I'm saying is Mandrakk and TR came directly from Overvoid, they are extensions of the Supreme being of DC.

the difference is, with the three brothers, they are made from shards of Overvoid, but Perpetua made them, not Overvoid himself.

the reason I give TR the win is based on his meta nature, his ability to adapt instantly to any threat, and constant evolving till he's above his opponent. his plot manipulation that can resist any type of self-assembling hyper stories trying to destroy him

he is a archetypal being representing "good" side of every conceptual dichotomy, every story ever told by dc

https://i.imgur.com/Xz9akvD.png

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by MrMind
I personally think Morrison created superior hyper gods compared to Snyder

perpetua was not behind final crisis

all she did was whispering sweet nothing, instigating crisis when she was trapped in the wall

1. You can think that the way Morrison portrays "hyper gods" is more impressive than the way Snyder portrays them, and I would tend to agree. Hell, if you look at Morrison's portrayal of Darkseid and the New Gods, you would think they're stronger than Snyder's depiction of the Monitors. That's not relevant, though, and the scaling directly favors Snyder's cosmology over Morrison's.

2. Perpetua may not have directly caused the Final Crisis (she didn't directly cause any crisis prior to the latest one), but the idea is that the collection of every major villain and crisis throughout DC History was bringing things closer to the release of the ultimate villain. Furthermore, the fact the comic refers to Anti-Monitor, Mandrakk, Parallax, Barbatos, etc. as "Scions" of Perpetua indicates that she holds a superior position relative to them.

All I'm saying is Mandrakk and TR came directly from Overvoid, they are extensions of the Supreme being of DC.

No, they are not. Perhaps this was the intention when Morrison wrote them, but Snyder explicitly retconned pretty much the whole cosmology behind TR, Mandrakk, and the Overvoid. In Morrison's cosmology, The Overvoid/Source/"God" is not even aware of the concept of story, and sent Dax Novu to analyze this concept through the DC Multiverse. In Snyder's cosmology, the Source and its Judges have seen the deaths of "trillions of Multiverses" before DC came along, which is a complete retcon of Morrison's take. In Morrison's cosmology, the edge of the Monitor Sphere is the highest level of existence and in direct contact with the Source, but Snyder retcons this and says the 6th dimension is the highest plane of existence. In Morrison's cosmology, the Overvoid entirely is The Source/The Presence, but in Snyder's take the Source and its Judges exist at the end of/outside of the Overvoid.

Pretty much the Overvoid is no longer a sentient being/The Source, but is just the canvas which the hands use to create Multiverses, with the Source and its judges existing at the end of Void, and they're well acquainted with the concept of story.

the difference is, with the three brothers, they are made from shards of Overvoid, but Perpetua made them, not Overvoid himself.

As aforementioned, Snyder pretty much retconned the idea of the Overvoid being sentient/being the Source and creating Dax Novu because it was unaware of the concept of story. Mandrakk/Thought Robot are no longer representatives of the ultimate concepts, and even if they are, they are still weaker than Perpetua by scaling, with Mandrakk being a "scion" of Perpetua.

the reason I give TR the win is based on his meta nature, his ability to adapt instantly to any threat, and constant evolving till he's above his opponent. his plot manipulation that can resist any type of self-assembling hyper stories trying to destroy him

he is a archetypal being representing "good" side of every conceptual dichotomy, every story ever told by dc

https://i.imgur.com/Xz9akvD.png

Mxy is one of the ultimate (perhaps even THE ultimate) meta character in DC, and he can't even perceive the happenings of the 6th dimension, and states that the Brothers Three/Perpetua are the only characters powerful enough to exist in the 6th dimension prior to the Source Wall breaking. The Brothers Three literally "govern everything imaginable and unimaginable" via the Dimensional Superstructure and exist beyond any of the concepts in DC. And the Darkest Knight is infinitely more powerful than any of them. And once again, Darkest Knight was only defeated in a ridiculously close fight by a Wonder Woman who embodied the connective energy and story of ALL of DC history, including Superman. Can't get much more impressive than that in a meta sense.

We can both wax poetic about the meta impressiveness of these characters, but ultimately Snyder retconned a lot of what made Mandrakk/TR conceptually impressive, and Perpetua is consistently hyped up as the ultimate threat in DC history, and the Monitors/Perpetua are hyped by Mxy as the four most powerful beings in DC history.

There's not much reason to believe TR defeats Darkest Knight other than using retconned cosmology and TR's meta-adaptation, which is a no-limits fallacy.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I wanted to put this in an edit, but sorry for the double-post:

Another way I would view it is that while Mandrakk was feasting on Bleed/stories in DC to become more powerful, the Darkest Knight was as powerful as a being who already embodied the entire story of DC, from the Dawn of Creation to Modern times. Darkest Knight is pretty much what Mandrakk's end goal was in terms of power, and then some.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.