The world would be a much better place if people minded their own business.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Klaw
Too many people (more than zero) want to tell others who to sleep with, who to marry, what they can and cannot consume, how they can raise their kids etc.

None of those things concern anybody unless it harms others.

People don't like it when people talk about their lives, so they should take their own advice.

Blakemore
Well, who you want to **** is nobody"s business other than the two people involved. Duh 🙄

Wonder Man

Wonder Man

Wonder Man

bobfily
Many people think they know all the information in the world and can move mountains. These are bad people.

Klaw
That's true, no one knows everything.

eThneoLgrRnae
God does.

Klaw
If God is real and all-knowing.

eThneoLgrRnae
Yes, and yes.

Klaw
If there was proof God was real, I'd accept it.

eThneoLgrRnae
We've been thru this about a million times already. For the last time:

Creation itself is proof of God's existence. Anyone who disagrees with that is denying the obvious fact that there is clear evidence of design all around us. Even just the human eyeball is clear evidence of design. So are human cells. Anyone who looks at them thru a telescope can see the cells were clearly designed.

But go ahead and keep believing the fairy tale (while calling it "science" lol) that everythi g just magically popped into existence from nothing for no reason whatsoever and that natural selection, mutations (which are always either negative or neutral), and that pure, blind randomness made human beings from bacteria lol.

Klaw
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
We've been thru this about a million times already. For the last time:

Creation itself is proof of God's existence. Anyone who disagrees with that is denying the obvious fact that there is clear evidence of design all around us. Even just the human eyeball is clear evidence of design. So are human cells. Anyone who looks at them thru a telescope can see the cells were clearly designed.

But go ahead and keep believing the fairy tale (while calling it "science" lol) that everythi g just magically popped into existence from nothing for no reason whatsoever and that natural selection, mutations (which are always either negative or neutral), and that pure, blind randomness made human beings from bacteria lol.

Plenty of people are blind, have eye problems, etc.

God must be a shitty designer then.

Artol
Originally posted by Klaw
Too many people (more than zero) want to tell others who to sleep with, who to marry, what they can and cannot consume, how they can raise their kids etc.

None of those things concern anybody unless it harms others.

People don't like it when people talk about their lives, so they should take their own advice.

I agree generally. Of course it becomes more difficult in practice, for example you talk about "how to raise their kids", but kids have rights too, and the kids might be the ones being harmed in some way, so that is something a society does have to look at and decide. Similarly with "what they can consume", there are things that you can consume that do other people, and then that becomes a more complex situation again.

Leslie_6
agree with you to the fullest

ilikecomics
I've read/listened to alot of true crime where the big difference between more or less bodies, is if someone stood up and spoke out.

The idea that each human is an island to himself is laughable, especially from my pov, where individual actions are the only thing that change the world or anything else for that matter.

This paired with the idea that no single human has the total objective Truth tells me the world would be a much better place if people didn't mind their own business.

The problem comes when people petition the near omnipotent force of the state against a fellow citizen e.g. all the examples listed in o.p.

P.s. I recommend everyone check out Hans Herman hoppe's ethics of argumentation.

Blakemore

ilikecomics
Yeah, I'm an antitheist. Bad ideas are bad ideas.

Blakemore
Too right

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.