Ebony Maw (MCU) vs Predator (like either Wolf from AvP: R or the Ultimate one)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tyrannoraptor
Ebony Maw has telekinesis while Pred's plasma cannon might kill him so it'd mainly be used briefly or maybe for the final solution.

Round 1: City Hunter

Round 2: Wolf from Aliens vs Predator: Requiem

Final round: Ultimate (Upgrade) Predator

TheVaultDweller
On paper, Ebony Maw should win, even if the Predator tries using stealth, as he doesn't seem dependent on line of sight to react to or attack things.

https://i.imgur.com/bSBB8FG.mp4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SelfreliantAggravatingIndiancow-mobile.mp4

That being said, he's supremely arrogant and prone to underestimating opponents, which ultimately led to his death in IW, so he'd probably give the Predator an opening to take him out while monologuing or something.

Tyrannoraptor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
On paper, Ebony Maw should win, even if the Predator tries using stealth, as he doesn't seem dependent on line of sight to react to or attack things.

https://i.imgur.com/bSBB8FG.mp4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SelfreliantAggravatingIndiancow-mobile.mp4

That being said, he's supremely arrogant and prone to underestimating opponents, which ultimately led to his death in IW, so he'd probably give the Predator an opening to take him out while monologuing or something.
Yeah but couldn't plasma spamming works if necessary?

ShadowFyre
Maybe, but he is fairly quick and I am sticking those two feats under "skill" for right now? Because if it was a special ability he wouldn't have been tagged by Wongs bricks.

Still super impressive and Ebony should shitstomp unless the stealth mode does work or the yautja closes.

And just leave the plasma caster alone. Its all but useless for this fight. The pred could one shot with or without a weapon and his best bet for ranged weapons is the ones that turn invisible and are hard to react to/see. Not the giant blue plasma bolt .

Ebony is just to powerful though to lose any straight up fight like this though. He can literally crush his opponent with a wave of his hand

KingD19
The Predator wears a lot of gear and while Ebony Maw can't directly manipulate organic matter, all that metal and netting is free game. He could crush the Yuatja's face with its own helmet.

carthage
Maw hurls Banes corpse and kills the Yautja

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Maybe, but he is fairly quick and I am sticking those two feats under "skill" for right now? Because if it was a special ability he wouldn't have been tagged by Wongs bricks.

Getting tagged by the brick spikes wasn't due to lack of awareness. One of the spikes just went right through hood of the car he used as a shield and hit him in the face. At around 7 seconds you see the one spike go through the hood and clip him.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SlimScratchyArawana-mobile.mp4

Tyrannoraptor

Still super impressive and Ebony should shitstomp unless the stealth mode does work or the yautja closes.

And just leave the plasma caster alone. Its all but useless for this fight. The pred could one shot with or without a weapon and his best bet for ranged weapons is the ones that turn invisible and are hard to react to/see. Not the giant blue plasma bolt .

Ebony is just to powerful though to lose any straight up fight like this though. He can literally crush his opponent with a wave of his hand
So Pred is much more likely to win (and possibly tends to strongly reduce the other opponent's chances of winning) via ranged weapons besides plasma cannon?

ShadowFyre
uhhh have you even read anyone's posts?

I am sorry vault, I see what you are getting at, and you do have two feats to back it up, but do we have any confirmation on that he is able to perceive things differently? I felt like it was just a cocky, had a lot of experience and was just ready for them.

Is abilities are mental though so its not a stretch that he has some minor telepathy or something?

KingD19
uhhh have you even read anyone's posts?

I am sorry vault, I see what you are getting at, and you do have two feats to back it up, but do we have any confirmation on that he is able to perceive things differently? I felt like it was just a cocky, had a lot of experience and was just ready for them.

Is abilities are mental though so its not a stretch that he has some minor telepathy or something?

There's also the scene in the ship where he gestures and pulls a piece of metal to him without looking. He seems to be able to sense where things are in a rough space around him as most of the things he manipulates he does without even bothering to check where they are, and as Vault pointed out has moved out of the way, defended against, or dodged multiple attacks without seeing them.

https://gfycat.com/wickedrashbrahmanbull-maw - Chucks trees without looking
https://gfycat.com/livelyplaintivelemur-maw - Monologuing while summoning his tools.
https://gfycat.com/uglyelaborateamberpenshell-maw - Uses underground wiring to restrain Strange despite him having no visual way of knowing it's under the concrete.
https://gfycat.com/oblongannualewe-maw - Fast enough to snag the cloak of levitation and Strange with 2 separate light poles.

ShadowFyre
im not questioning the feats themselves, just how exactly he is perceiving them.

So this is entirely head canon, butbI would thinknthat a tk user can maybe "feel" things that they grasp or maybe something to do with air pressure.

It could also be something to do with his species? We know little about the actual black order.

Regardless, he is doing something and he wins regardless, powerful tk can be very amazing

KingD19
I get what you're asking. And since we don't have concrete proof, the best answer you can get to "Is there some special way he can notice these things" is "Yes". No details because we don't have any, but we do have proof that yes he can.

His powers aren't even anything this basic in the comics. Aside from TK, he's got pyrokinesis, galaxy wide teleportation, and can persuade most anyone to do most anything just by talking to them. He got supremely nerfed.

ShadowFyre
I thought supergiant was the one who talked strange into things.

Regardless, the only way I see your average Predator taking this would be if it was a hunt and Maw was taken by surprise.

I honestly feel like Maw could have easily trashed the rest of the black order solo. And I dont see how without weapons Thanos could beat him either.

Speaking of that, a Thanos movie showing how he learned about the stones and gathered his army and the black order would be 🔥 yall know it would be

KingD19
I thought supergiant was the one who talked strange into things.

Regardless, the only way I see your average Predator taking this would be if it was a hunt and Maw was taken by surprise.

I honestly feel like Maw could have easily trashed the rest of the black order solo. And I dont see how without weapons Thanos could beat him either.

Speaking of that, a Thanos movie showing how he learned about the stones and gathered his army and the black order would be 🔥 yall know it would be

Nah, Supergiant simply has straight up telepathy with an almost complete focus on the mind control aspect. Also she can phase and is immune to harm. Which I assume is why she wasn't showcased along with the other Order members.

Ebony Maw isn't telepathic, but he can basically mind control people with words as he senses their innermost thoughts, hopes, and dreams and twists them as he talks to make people obey him. He can appear to people who've fallen victim in their heads, but it's not true telepathy.

TheVaultDweller
im not questioning the feats themselves, just how exactly he is perceiving them.

So this is entirely head canon, butbI would thinknthat a tk user can maybe "feel" things that they grasp or maybe something to do with air pressure.

It could also be something to do with his species? We know little about the actual black order.

Regardless, he is doing something and he wins regardless, powerful tk can be very amazing

Well, I didn't say how he was perceiving them. It might be telekinetic "feel" as you put it, it might be some special psychic ability. Who knows?

But does it really matter? The end result is that he can respond to and interact with things without having to rely on his eyes to do so, which should apply to the Predator in stealth mode, because it's not as though the Predator actually becomes intangible or a ghost or anything. He still takes up space and has mass, which Maw, however he does it, should be able to pick up on.

Tyrannoraptor
And just leave the plasma caster alone. Its all but useless for this fight. The pred could one shot with or without a weapon and his best bet for ranged weapons is the ones that turn invisible and are hard to react to/see. Not the giant blue plasma bolt You mean the one that would instantly kill the Xenomorph Queen in just 1 shot?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.