Black Panther/Kilmonger vs Ironman/War Machine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Both Black Panther and Kilmonger have on the suit they had when they were fighting each other at the end of the Black Panther movie.

Tony Starks and War Machine is grounded for this fight. No flight.

Surtur
I dunno for me if they can't fly I think with the suits absorption plus their agility they can get close and the armor isn't gonna stand up long to their claws.

ShadowFyre
The suits should still stomp. IM isn't going to treat Panther the same way he did cap. They are gonn stand there and blast the sbitbout of the wakandans.

If they do get close then the wakandans can get some wins but thats gonna be rough closing with them

TheVaultDweller
I'm going to say IM and WM. Even with their flight gimped they should still have a significant strength and offensive advantage, plus much better range. And those suits have limits to their energy absorption. For instance, Thanos oneshot BP during the battle of Wakanda, even with his suit's capabilities. He was out for pretty much the rest of the fight from this punch IIRC.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AbsoluteWhisperedArmyworm-mobile.mp4

He was also temporarily floored by the Wakandan rhino.

Now, obviously, IM and WM aren't as strong as Thanos, but if they hit them with enough of their weaponry it should do the same job, especially if you look at showings such as this one, as that hit also kept him down for a bit:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigWellmadeGoitered-mobile.mp4

I don't think IM and WM can oneshot, but I do think they can use their range to keep the other team at bay and eventually wear them down.

riv6672
Oh, wow; the Iron Men stomp.

h1a8
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'm going to say IM and WM. Even with their flight gimped they should still have a significant strength and offensive advantage, plus much better range. And those suits have limits to their energy absorption. For instance, Thanos oneshot BP during the battle of Wakanda, even with his suit's capabilities. He was out for pretty much the rest of the fight from this punch IIRC.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AbsoluteWhisperedArmyworm-mobile.mp4

He was also temporarily floored by the Wakandan rhino.

Now, obviously, IM and WM aren't as strong as Thanos, but if they hit them with enough of their weaponry it should do the same job, especially if you look at showings such as this one, as that hit also kept him down for a bit:

I don't think IM and WM can oneshot, but I do think they can use their range to keep the other team at bay and eventually wear them down.

Good finds. Was going to say the first team but this is convincing enough.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, the key thing in those two clips is that we see the stored kinetic energy get expelled involuntarily by the hits, which shows that there is a limit to how much energy can be absorbed.

Surtur
I guess I overestimated their vibranium. I mean shouldn't it be nigh indestructible? They can't do harm to cap's shield...

I'm not contesting that they lose, just wondering why their feats are so low.

Darth Thor

That always confused me. Seems like PIS tbh. I mean continuous bullets dont even budge him.

As for this fight, not too sure (assuming this isnt IW IM). Without flight they cant keep their distance, and they both struggled against Cap in close quarters.

And Cap just had the vibranium shield. These guys have the claws and agility to get close up.

Also if they absorb enough kinetic energy they have the strength to drop Cull Obsidian.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor
That always confused me. Seems like PIS tbh. I mean continuous bullets dont even budge him.

As for this fight, not too sure (assuming this isnt IW IM). Without flight they cant keep their distance, and they both struggled against Cap in close quarters.

And Cap just had the vibranium shield. These guys have the claws and agility to get close up.

Also if they absorb enough kinetic energy they have the strength to drop Cull Obsidian.

Bullets and grenades are very different to each other though. The grenades are notably more powerful. And it's also pretty consistent with MCU portrayals. Cap can charge a firing minigun with his shield but has been sent flying back by explosives hitting it on multiple occasions.

Why would it not be current IM and WM? Nothing in the OP specifies otherwise.

And why couldn't they use their ranged weapons to keep the distance? They're fighting in a much larger space than IM fought Cap and Bucky in CA:CW. Also, both WM and IM were clearly holding back significantly and not using most of their ranged weapons during that film. I mean WM used a friggin baton. And Tony was able to hang with Bucky and Cap in H2H at the end, even if he had to use his suit's AI to help with berserk Cap. And Cap has better combat feats than either BP or Kilmonger.

BP knocked Cull over, but he was shown to be totally fine a bit later when he engaged Hulkbuster. He didn't actually cause any damage.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Surtur
I guess I overestimated their vibranium. I mean shouldn't it be nigh indestructible? They can't do harm to cap's shield...

I'm not contesting that they lose, just wondering why their feats are so low.

Their suits are really good against piercing damage and can help to an extent with the kinetic energy from blows, but there are limits to what the suits can absorb, and the guys inside aren't made of vibranium.

It's like Luke Cage as well. The guy's damn near impossible to pierce but you can still cause internal damage and put him down with powerful enough hits.

Darth Thor
1)Bullets and grenades are very different to each other though. The grenades are notably more powerful. And it's also pretty consistent with MCU portrayals. Cap can charge a firing minigun with his shield but has been sent flying back by explosives hitting it on multiple occasions.

2)Why would it not be current IM and WM? Nothing in the OP specifies otherwise.

3)And why couldn't they use their ranged weapons to keep the distance? They're fighting in a much larger space than IM fought Cap and Bucky in CA:CW. Also, both WM and IM were clearly holding back significantly and not using most of their ranged weapons during that film. I mean WM used a friggin baton. And Tony was able to hang with Bucky and Cap in H2H at the end, even if he had to use his suit's AI to help with berserk Cap. And Cap has better combat feats than either BP or Kilmonger.

4)BP knocked Cull over, but he was shown to be totally fine a bit later when he engaged Hulkbuster. He didn't actually cause any damage.

1)Weve also seen Caps shield easily deflect IMs blast. And shrug off Mjolnir hits. So lets not pretend theres no inconsistency in how protective Vibranium is. But even if we say there is no inconsistency and vibranium is better at handling different kinds of attacks, we know they should at least have little issue with War Machines bullets and IMs repulsors.

2)Well for one there is no current IM. Hes dead. And if we mean the latest War Machine Fromm Endgame, then he looked extra beefed up. So would give it to the team if we are talking Endgame versions. But if we are say talking Civil War versions, then Id be inclined to say the Panthers can take this.

3)Because they have crazy agility, so can dodge a lot and can take a lot of hits. I find it unrealistic that they wont be able to get close with these stips. My point about the Civil War wasnt on holding back on the ranged weapons (Cap cant take any of those weapons from except repulsors to his shield). Point is they struggle with someone of Caps physical stats and a vibranium shield in Close Quarters. Not saying they lose to him, but you cant pretend he wasnt even a challenge for them close up. BP and Cap seemed pretty equal and that was before BP got his enhanced suit, which will clearly help here.

4) Thats still some serious strength to knock him over with a punch.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor
1)Weve also seen Caps shield easily deflect IMs blast. And shrug off Mjolnir hits. So lets not pretend theres no inconsistency in how protective Vibranium is. But even if we say there is no inconsistency and vibranium is better at handling different kinds of attacks, we know they should at least have little issue with War Machines bullets and IMs repulsors.

2)Well for one there is no current IM. Hes dead. And if we mean the latest War Machine Fromm Endgame, then he looked extra beefed up. So would give it to the team if we are talking Endgame versions. But if we are say talking Civil War versions, then Id be inclined to say the Panthers can take this.

3)Because they have crazy agility, so can dodge a lot and can take a lot of hits. I find it unrealistic that they wont be able to get close with these stips. My point about the Civil War wasnt on holding back on the ranged weapons (Cap cant take any of those weapons from except repulsors to his shield). Point is they struggle with someone of Caps physical stats and a vibranium shield in Close Quarters. Not saying they lose to him, but you cant pretend he wasnt even a challenge for them close up. BP and Cap seemed pretty equal and that was before BP got his enhanced suit, which will clearly help here.

4) Thats still some serious strength to knock him over with a punch.

1. IM and War Machine don't just have bullets and repulsors. They both have a bunch of explosives and targeting systems as well. And Tony's suit can shapeshift, form shields, repair damage and dish out hits hard enough to draw blood from Thanos.

2. You know exactly what I mean by current IM. The most recent usable version we've had onscreen, as is the norm to use in threads when otherwise not specified (like in this one). Why would we assume the OP is talking about old, outdated suits from multiple films ago when he made no such indication? And even if he had (of which there is currently no evidence), it would just mean that IM and WM would need to be massively gimped for the other side to stand a chance, by not only not having flight but also not having access to their best suits while their opponents have their most current gear.

3. Where did I ever say he wasn't a challenge? I simply pointed out that a large part of them struggling was due to them actively gimping themselves from using their ranged attacks, which is true. Tony remained largely grounded for his 1-on-1 with Thanos and still did way better than T'Challa did.

4. And Tony could knock Thanos on his ass and actually inflict damage, even if minor.

carthage
If this is Bleeding Edge Nanotech Iron Man he stomps them both with no debate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.