Hellish Quart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan

Jmanghan
Apparently it's inspired by Bushido Blade.

ScreamPaste
Apparently, they only put any real work into the sabre so far, but I'm keeping my eye on it, if it gets a longsword update I might have to pick it up.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Apparently, they only put any real work into the sabre so far, but I'm keeping my eye on it, if it gets a longsword update I might have to pick it up. If this looks interesting to ya, you should also try Exanima. Physics-based Dark Souls, very fun.

StyleTime
I saw something about this a few days ago. Definitely interesting.

Bushido Blade was one of the few fighting games to experiment with removing life bars entirely. It's a shame really, as I feel like that wasn't explored enough. We've seen instant kills in stuff like Guilty Gear, but it's not really a viable tactic. In Bushido Blade, you could legit slip up and die in one blow.

There's been a few indie attempts, but I don't know how many ever even get out of the alpha phase. Die By The Blade is supposedly coming along. Maybe that or Hellish Quart can make something happen.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by StyleTime
I saw something about this a few days ago. Definitely interesting.

Bushido Blade was one of the few fighting games to experiment with removing life bars entirely. It's a shame really, as I feel like that wasn't explored enough. We've seen instant kills in stuff like Guilty Gear, but it's not really a viable tactic. In Bushido Blade, you could legit slip up and die in one blow.

There's been a few indie attempts, but I don't know how many ever even get out of the alpha phase. Die By The Blade is supposedly coming along. Maybe that or Hellish Quart can make something happen.

That Deadliest Warriors video game had a one-hit kill system, but not a lot of people liked it. I thought it was fine.

There's also Blade Symphony:
W0WM-yR5tww

AKA - Do cool shit, the game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.