TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
gHMYwrC7oAo

Another new beat em up in the old style is always welcome.

-Pr-
I plan to play this. Yes I do.

cdtm
It's Dotemu.

They made the awful Streets of Rage 4 game. sad

Nemesis X
Originally posted by cdtm
It's Dotemu.

They made the awful Streets of Rage 4 game. sad

You realize anything you give flak to at this point is positive promo for that game right?

cdtm
Originally posted by Nemesis X
You realize anything you give flak to at this point is positive promo for that game right?

Streets of Rage Remake sucks and no one should play it.

Ridley_Prime
The online for this needs to at least be better than Streets 4.

cdtm
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The online for this needs to at least be better than Streets 4.

Parsec is better anyways.

Too bad Game Pass doesn't support it.

Kazenji
From the same dev's who did Streets of Rage 4, I'm in.

Smasandian
I enjoyed Streets of Rage 4. Never played the originals but it was fun. It's a perfect Game Pass game...

I have fond memories of playing TMMT 2 on my NES.

cdtm
Originally posted by Kazenji
From the same dev's who did Streets of Rage 4, I'm in.

It's just so boring compared to Remake.

Kazenji
It's just so boring compared to Remake.

Whatever, Just keep doing your shtick.

cdtm
Lets see what one of the best speed runners in Streets of Rage history has to say about 4:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/985890/discussions/0/3443510323247382063/?l=spanish&ctp=2

And these jokers are making a tmnt game. laughing

I'll stick with Openbor thanks.

Ridley_Prime
I doubt the turtles here will play as differently from one another as with those SoR examples (weapon range aside), though I agree that running should have just been a thing for everyone in SoR4, with the other things that were already in the game.

Kazenji
Lets see what one of the best speed runners in Streets of Rage history has to say about 4:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/985890/discussions/0/3443510323247382063/?l=spanish&ctp=2

cqtb6XBBBRc

Quincy
I call Raph

cdtm
cqtb6XBBBRc

Sure, what does SM Izumi know. laughing out loud

https://www.thegamer.com/streets-of-rage-2-speedrun-insults-record-holder

emporerpants
In the gameplay Leo's swords seem almost comically large.

cdtm
Originally posted by emporerpants
In the gameplay Leo's swords seem almost comically large.

It does look disproportionately large.

So is April a playable character? That's kind of out of left field, why not include Karai or Angel if you need a playable female character?

Ridley_Prime
Leo's kinda always been top tier out of the playable turtles. Was gonna use him regardless, but have been so used to friends that I played the previous games with hogging him. Since I'm usually fine with letting others play him, might still main Donny. Not sure yet.

Wait, April's playable? That's actually confirmed? Agree then if that's the case. Would like Karai.

cdtm
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Leo's kinda always been top tier out of the playable turtles. Was gonna use him regardless, but have been so used to friends that I played the previous games with hogging him. Since I'm usually fine with letting others play him, might still main Donny. Not sure yet.

Wait, April's playable? That's actually confirmed? Agree then if that's the case. Would like Karai.

Guessing from the open sequence where she's kung fu fighting Foot.

We Mickey fans never have that problem. smile

Quincy

The idea of turning to the "speed-running community" as some kind of proof is very funny.

Didn't this developer make the Scott Pilgrim game?

cdtm
Originally posted by Quincy
The idea of turning to the "speed-running community" as some kind of proof is very funny.

Pros who know a game inside and out are no match for keyboard warriors with an opinion.

Ridley_Prime
Guessing from the open sequence where she's kung fu fighting Foot.

We Mickey fans never have that problem. smile
Splinter's also part of the action from the looks of it. Would like to see others such as Casey Jones too.

Speaking of, I like Mickey's silly run animation here. That's so him.

Kazenji
Sure, what does SM Izumi know. laughing out loud

https://www.thegamer.com/streets-of-rage-2-speedrun-insults-record-holder

THAT video was more directed at you, It's all you do lowball games....."Oh i've played something better then that etc"

Originally posted by Quincy

Nope, That one was all Ubisoft.

cdtm
THAT video was more directed at you, It's all you do lowball games....."Oh i've played something better then that etc"

Nope, That one was all Ubisoft.

That's not ALL I do. sad

Quincy
Pros who know a game inside and out are no match for keyboard warriors with an opinion.

I have several follow up questions.

When you say a speedrunner knows a game inside and out do you actually mean they know all about the development of a game and how it's made and in an actual way that that sentence means or were you just being hyperbolic?

Also, the goal of a speed-runner is to do

a.) Beat the game as fast as possible, even if it means breaking the game itself to jump through large portions of it
b.) have fun with a game and enjoy it?

And lastly and more in a dick sort of way:

Does anybody with an opinion count as a keyboard warrior?

cdtm
Depends on the speed run. Some speed runners use glitch's, some use tool assists, some use intended gameplay.

The speed runner in question is known for beating the game in mania mode, as fast as possible, without cheats. He's the single player equivilent of Justin Wong.

If he complains about balancing issues, game breaking mechanics, or nonsensical game design, its an opinion based on experience with the classic beat em ups, at the highest levels of play.

Nemesis X
April is playable! Let's go!

4W6DV7sU9YI

cdtm
It looks like a cut rate Openbor game! laughing out loud

Kazenji
It looks like a cut rate Openbor game! laughing out loud

Typical KMC Debbie downer post.

KCJ506
Was looking forward to this being released within the next couple of months. Oh well. I'd rather they take their time than rush it out and it being full of bugs and glitches at launch.

cdtm
Typical KMC Debbie downer post.

Yet remains true. This game does not look good. Have seen better rom hacks and fan games. Lazy cash grab, bet it uses Openbor code even.

emporerpants
No worries, cdtm is just a troll. This game looks awesome. When is it coming out?

-Pr-
Last I heard it was a very vague 2022.

Nemesis X
Pretty fun, definitely the most refreshing thing out of this year so far that's not something exploitative. Combat good, music good, 6 player co-op a blessing in an age where the arcade genre is coming back but some games lacking this feature, and April be my main. Some bugs can still get ironed out but overall solid experience.

Ridley_Prime
Splinter ended up being my main, but everyone is enjoyable; some more than others perhaps depending on what kind of stats you prefer (power, range, or speed), but the level up system in getting everyone to level 10 with the rest of their moves unlocked is still rewarding without being too grindy (one playthrough or so), making everyone more fun to use as you keep playing.

Smasandian
I enjoyed it and I like all the callbacks to one of my favourite NES games (TMNT 2).
It was a pleasant surprise when it came on Game Pass.

cdtm
5DVBBN5YNHI

https://media.tenor.com/J0nUyPxUHcwAAAAC/shut-up-take-my-money.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.