Thor (Marvel) vs Thor (mythology)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DantasKEdc
Thor (Marvel) vs Thor (mythology)

StiltmanFTW
Mythor pwns

zopzop
Yeah Mythor for me too. Funny story, Mythor was supposed to be the most 'down to earth' of all the Norse gods. He was very popular among the common folk. Marvel Thor is a pompous @sshole.

lawest9
Marvels Thor, Marvel over powers all their characters, myth and otherwise.

StiltmanFTW
Marvel Thor is below street level.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by zopzop
Yeah Mythor for me too. Funny story, Mythor was supposed to be the most 'down to earth' of all the Norse gods. He was very popular among the common folk. Marvel Thor is a pompous @sshole. That can't be right. I've read zero of myth Thor and God of War told me he was a huge kunt that just murdered everyone.

Magnificent M
MyThor via speed blitz

leonidas
there are a lot of versions of myth thor, most aren't very well defined. there is at least one version of thor, a later, middle ages version, whose hammer would kill whatever it hit though. /shrug

Stoic
The mythological Thor was no where near as powerful or strong as the Marvel version from what I recall while reading Norse mythology in high school. Marvel Thor should steamroll here. Oh, and from what I recall, Thor of mythology wasn't really a good guy in comparison to his Marvel counterpart. He was actually a bit of a douche, and would kill.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Stoic
The mythological Thor was no where near as powerful or strong as the Marvel version from what I recall while reading Norse mythology in high school. Marvel Thor should steamroll here. Oh, and from what I recall, Thor of mythology wasn't really a good guy in comparison to his Marvel counterpart. He was actually a bit of a douche, and would kill.

All mythology I remember reading was tame, power level wise, compared to comics.

Stoic
Originally posted by Delta1938
All mythology I remember reading was tame, power level wise, compared to comics.

Yep, for sure.

CosmicComet

Greek Mythology was not.

Earth alone is boundless and endless in Greek Mythology and Zeus could make all of creation shake just by getting a bit mad.

StiltmanFTW
In the end, it all depends on how you interpret it.

It's always full of flowery language, metaphors and other shit.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I have this one here in my bookshelf
https://www.stabo-imports.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/7274.jpg

Sorry couldn't find a bigger picture. xD

Anyway, I read about the Norse Mythology as a Child, Gaiman stayed true to the source if you are interested.

Marvel Thor would win.

lawest9
All mythology I remember reading was tame, power level wise, compared to comics. My point exactly.

StiltmanFTW
You didn't have a point, you came here looking for a new boyfriend.

lawest9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You didn't have a point, you came here looking for a new boyfriend. No sissy poo that's your bag, not mine, I'm all man baby chuck.

StiltmanFTW
You are craving for cock.

lawest9
You are craving for cock. Sorry, wishful thinking and deflection will get you nowhere.

StiltmanFTW
Stop repressing your sexuality, gaywest69.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BossyUnsungIchneumonfly-size_restricted.gif

CosmicComet
Lawest is the premiere Wolverine fan.

Stilt always hated him like Pr always hated abhi.

StiltmanFTW
Lawest just loves Hugh Jackman and wants him inside him.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Hindu mythology pwns every other mythology put together.

MrMind
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

you must be real proud

SithLantern93
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Even DC,Marvel,Tolkien, and Lovecraft put together? Off topic; is there a left-hand path in Hinduism?

StiltmanFTW
Ganesha's axe would cleave Mjolnir in two.

-Pr-
Stilt, stop sexually harassing people.

abhilegend
Originally posted by SithLantern93
Even DC,Marvel,Tolkien, and Lovecraft put together? Off topic; is there a left-hand path in Hinduism?
Yes. Join Iskon.

lawest9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Stilt, stop sexually harassing people.

MrMind
Originally posted by SithLantern93

I dont think there's any fiction that's above dc and lovecraft as far as powers go

StyleTime
In the end, it all depends on how you interpret it.

It's always full of flowery language, metaphors and other shit.
Pretty much. Mythological power levels were based on that cultures understanding of the natural world, and the ancient Greeks didn't quite understand what we do. Their universe("creation"wink was much smaller, and we're not even sure they knew other planets exist, much less how far away they are. Lightning and earthquakes were the most powerful events they can conceive of, and they could only really compare their gods to things like that.

I actually took a course in Greek Mythology in college. It was really cool, but battleboards mattered even less to the ancient Greeks than they do to modern writers. Take some of the "speedsters", like Iris and Hermes. One particular passage, I forget where from, had Iris moving a little bit faster than the speed of the wind. I think she had sparks flying off her from her speed(or rainbow light?), but that was considered an "OMG SHE'S SO FAST" moment in the story. Hermes had very similar descriptions from my recollection. They were supposed to be among the fastest of them, and it's basically stuff we'd see from a mid-meta today.

Typhon, the Giants, The Titans and such were all just massive monsters basically, and were huge threats to the Olympians. Fin Fang Foom would be a problem for Olympus if you ban Zeus using lighting. Granted, I do recall some strength feats. The two giants that Apollo killed could stack mountains up like legos or something.

Diesldude

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.