Most toxic fanbases

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

playa1258
Who are the most toxic fanbases out there in fiction right now?

I'll start:

Dragon ball
One Punch Man
Marvel
DC
Star Wars

IMO a solid starting five. Feel free to add others. You can give reasons if you want.

xJLxKing
Dragon ball

MrMind
Marvel and Star Wars

Opm is pretty awful too

playa1258
Star Wars is a good one. Hardcore Warsies believe their Space/Military forces can smash anything and force users can beat any opponent.

SD.net is a prime example.

JBL
DC by FAR.

One Big Mob
Cyclops """"fans""""

StyleTime
Are we including video games in fiction?

Cuz League of Legends... ermm

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
DC by FAR.

So you're saying you're toxic. Thanks for the concession.

playa1258
Originally posted by StyleTime

Cuz League of Legends... ermm Anything in fiction

StiltmanFTW
DC. Superman boys in particular.

Originally posted by StyleTime

Cuz League of Legends... ermm

LoL got Srank killed sad

cdtm
Stiltman fans are most toxic.

StiltmanFTW
Suck my cock.

JBL
Originally posted by Delta1938
So you're saying you're toxic. Thanks for the concession. Thanks for proving me right👍

One Big Mob
Things like Star Wars, Marvel and DC are too big to just generalize as everyone being "toxic" though if you're being serious with this thread. You can just start labeling everything if you cast a net that big.

Even though every Superman fan loves DC, not every DC fan loves Superman. 1 person likes Wonder Woman... really really likes Wonder Woman. There are absolutely company shills of course but they are equally garbage on both sides. That's going to happen when you have cross company threads between just two companies. If this board allowed every single universe eventually you would see that those Marvel and DC fans are also fans of other companies and they make that company look like shit too.

Anything that acquired a ton of fans from the Youtube era with all the "celebrities" is going to have a largely shit fanbase though. You're talking about the lowest common denominator who hangs on the words of a few prophets. They blur the lines between being a fan of the series and fans of the youtubers.

Not saying Dragon Ball didn't always have shitty fanbases but I noticed a steep decline in intelligence once people started using Geekdom as proof in anything.

Star Wars with followers of people who don't actually know anything about Star Wars past Movies/Cartoons. Marvel with people who learn everything from Dambo videos, etc.

Lacking that first hand experience makes shittier fanbases but it's becoming more common. You saw it before (and still do) with the respect thread debating, now imagine if everything someone knows about a character comes from Youtube.

A lot of posters typecast themselves as just Marvel and DC fans/haters like JBL/Alberto/Prepman/h1 but if you narrow it down to subsets of people you will find that Alpha Flight and Cyclops fans have been the most notoriously toxic on the board.

In the broader sense the most perplexing fanbase is MLP and they seem completely unstable so I'd go with that. Console shills that engage in wars are up there too. Fans of shows, crossfitters, dambo's boys, etc. The Dragon Ball "community" is on average CD's homelife tier. And he technically counts as part of that community so you can imagine how bad it gets.

-Pr-
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Cyclops """"fans""""

**** you, ******.

JBL
Things like Star Wars, Marvel and DC are too big to just generalize as everyone being "toxic" though if you're being serious with this thread. You can just start labeling everything if you cast a net that big.

Even though every Superman fan loves DC, not every DC fan loves Superman. 1 person likes Wonder Woman... really really likes Wonder Woman. There are absolutely company shills of course but they are equally garbage on both sides. That's going to happen when you have cross company threads between just two companies. If this board allowed every single universe eventually you would see that those Marvel and DC fans are also fans of other companies and they make that company look like shit too.

Anything that acquired a ton of fans from the Youtube era with all the "celebrities" is going to have a largely shit fanbase though. You're talking about the lowest common denominator who hangs on the words of a few prophets. They blur the lines between being a fan of the series and fans of the youtubers.

Not saying Dragon Ball didn't always have shitty fanbases but I noticed a steep decline in intelligence once people started using Geekdom as proof in anything.

Star Wars with followers of people who don't actually know anything about Star Wars past Movies/Cartoons. Marvel with people who learn everything from Dambo videos, etc.

Lacking that first hand experience makes shittier fanbases but it's becoming more common. You saw it before (and still do) with the respect thread debating, now imagine if everything someone knows about a character comes from Youtube.

A lot of posters typecast themselves as just Marvel and DC fans/haters like JBL/Alberto/Prepman/h1 but if you narrow it down to subsets of people you will find that Alpha Flight and Cyclops fans have been the most notoriously toxic on the board.

In the broader sense the most perplexing fanbase is MLP and they seem completely unstable so I'd go with that. Console shills that engage in wars are up there too. Fans of shows, crossfitters, dambo's boys, etc. The Dragon Ball "community" is on average CD's homelife tier. And he technically counts as part of that community so you can imagine how bad it gets. JBL hates lying fans from both marvel/DC or anywhere else. Lie about Superman and I will call you out. Lie about Hulk and I will call you out. Makes no difference to me.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
**** you, ******.

laughing out loud

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
Thanks for proving me right👍

I "proved you right" because of my post? You're the one claiming to like DC to get credibility like anybody with an IQ above 50 will believe you.

Originally posted by JBL
Can't believe this has gone this far. Surfer is miles above superman in power. Superman cannot match the power cosmic no matter how hard he tries. Surfer fans know this. Superman is one of my favorite characters and I know he's not on Surfers level of power. Not even close. None listed are.

Originally posted by JBL
Actually, Superman is my favorite character. My boats named Superman one. Big S and all. I just happen to know a lot about superman and will never wank him like his other fans. He's not the strongest, fastest, most powerful or anything else. Anytime someone/anyone say that they think superman would lose, his fan base flock together and get mad and call people haters. To them, Superman had to win or 20 years gets taken off their life it seems. Superman HIMSELF said he BARELY won. Yet his fans STILL cry foul.

Originally posted by JBL
Actually, Superman, Black Adam, WW and Captain Marvel are a few of my favorite character's.

Originally posted by JBL
Let me name my 5 favorite comic characters. Gladiator, Supreme, SUPERMAN, Juggernaut and Thane Ector.

JBL
I "proved you right" because of my post? You're the one claiming to like DC to get credibility like anybody with an IQ above 50 will believe you. Unlike you, I don't worship Superman or any character.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by JBL
JBL hates lying fans from both marvel/DC or anywhere else. Lie about Superman and I will call you out. Lie about Hulk and I will call you out. Makes no difference to me. You have never questioned anything about Marvel in a cross company thread. Ever.
I don't even think you've posted in a Marvel vs Marvel thread for that matter but not 100% on that.

You know what you are. Let's not kid ourselves. If you believe you're fair then that's even worse.

Adam Grimes
Wolverine fans are toxic to themselves

JBL
You have never questioned anything about Marvel in a cross company thread. Ever.
I don't even think you've posted in a Marvel vs Marvel thread for that matter but not 100% on that.

You know what you are. Let's not kid ourselves. If you believe you're fair then that's even worse. Show me a thread that I answered in where someone was flat out lying on what a marvel character did, or could do. The only character that get lied on is Superman. Dynamic strength. LIE. Destroyed a multiverse. LIE. Fights faster than light. LIE. Faster than WW in combat speed. LIE. Many more, but that's just a few.

One Big Mob

Right so as I was saying the people who have shoehorned themselves as just company shills exist, but someone like Carver isn't just a Marvel/DC fan like them. He actually has a character and he would shit on the rest of the company for him.

Unless you're specifying those specific company shills without encompassing people like Carver (even though he obviously loves Marvel), then I think the little Superman spazout works as proof. I'll agree those are pretty terrible. In that case I apologize for it not being specific enough since it's oddly very specific.

Company shills are among the worst. Apple would top that though.

Khazra Reborn
Whatever fandom of the week, that pink haired tumblr weirdos have decided to glob on to.

CosmicComet
It's just Twitter weirdos now. Tumblrites all flocked there.

Anyway...I'll say MCU fans overall, but for right now the Snyderverse fans are at the top. They are inconsolable in their rage.

-Pr-
I like things, but I've come to dislike all of the companies that supply them. Disney/Marvel, WB/DC, CBS... I couldn't imagine being a fan of any of those companies at large, even if I enjoy some of the stuff they put out. It just feels like I'd be setting myself up for disappointment.

So it's hard for me to understand the blind devotion of people who shill the **** out of said companies, like they can do no wrong.

playa1258
I agree **** Disney/WB and big corps in general.

qwertyuiop1998
I like things, but I've come to dislike all of the companies that supply them. Disney/Marvel, WB/DC, CBS... I couldn't imagine being a fan of any of those companies at large, even if I enjoy some of the stuff they put out. It just feels like I'd be setting myself up for disappointment.

So it's hard for me to understand the blind devotion of people who shill the **** out of said companies, like they can do no wrong. Basically this.
They can make some good stuff sometimes, But overall all of companies at large are garbage

MrMind
i cant talk right now but I need to pee, i need cocaine, maybe xanax but def some ghb

ilikecomics
The fan base for marxism seems pretty toxic.
See: hundreds of millions of deaths.

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
Unlike you, I don't worship Superman or any character.

No I don't kid, and you dodged the point. You claim DC fans are the most toxic, you've repeatedly claimed to be a Superman fan, and have claimed to have other DC characters as some of your favorites, so by default you say you're toxic. Check and mate.

Originally posted by JBL
Show me a thread that I answered in where someone was flat out lying on what a marvel character did, or could do. The only character that get lied on is Superman. Dynamic strength. LIE. Destroyed a multiverse. LIE. Fights faster than light. LIE. Faster than WW in combat speed. LIE. Many more, but that's just a few.

You not liking something doesn't mean it's a lie. I challenged you and multiple other anti Superman liars on dynamic strength for example and you(and everyone else) avoided it like the cowards you are. GG chump.

JBL
No I don't kid, and you dodged the point. You claim DC fans are the most toxic, you've repeatedly claimed to be a Superman fan, and have claimed to have other DC characters as some of your favorites, so by default you say you're toxic. Check and mate.

You not liking something doesn't mean it's a lie. I challenged you and multiple other anti Superman liars on dynamic strength for example and you(and everyone else) avoided it like the cowards you are. GG chump. You have NEVER challenge ME on anything coward. You hide behind other posters and agree with ANYTHING they say about Superman.

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
You have NEVER challenge ME on anything coward. You hide behind other posters and agree with ANYTHING they say about Superman.

Thread is closed but here's a link.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15795855& amp;highlight=BZ+dynamic+strength+forumid%3A77+use
rid%3A124988#post15795855

Me--

You--

In fact earlier YOU made a challenge to BZ it with Pr--

So you're just a hypothetical cowardly liar.

ilikecomics

Right so as I was saying the people who have shoehorned themselves as just company shills exist, but someone like Carver isn't just a Marvel/DC fan like them. He actually has a character and he would shit on the rest of the company for him.

Unless you're specifying those specific company shills without encompassing people like Carver (even though he obviously loves Marvel), then I think the little Superman spazout works as proof. I'll agree those are pretty terrible. In that case I apologize for it not being specific enough since it's oddly very specific.

Company shills are among the worst. Apple would top that though.

Disregarding jbl's self referential psycho babble with an ellipsis made me shriek laugh.

Bran, do you know that jbl's son in an s rank understander of all things comics and exists at the center of a hyper-connected network of the top minds in the comic industry ?

JBL
Thread is closed but here's a link.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15795855& amp;highlight=BZ+dynamic+strength+forumid%3A77+use
rid%3A124988#post15795855

Me--

You--

In fact earlier YOU made a challenge to BZ it with Pr--

So you're just a hypothetical cowardly liar. Where is your challenge to ME liar? Are you pr? I see he didn't take it. Why didn't you take it in his place?

JBL
Originally posted by ilikecomics
Disregarding jbl's self referential psycho babble with an ellipsis made me shriek laugh.

Bran, do you know that jbl's son in an s rank understander of all things comics and exists at the center of a hyper injected network of the top minds in the comic industry ? Superman fans will take great offence at what I say?👍

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
Where is your challenge to ME liar? Are you pr? I see he didn't take it. Why didn't you take it in his place?

Irrelevant stupidity from a cowardly *****.

Here you claimed I never challenged you--

Originally posted by JBL
You have NEVER challenge ME on anything coward. You hide behind other posters and agree with ANYTHING they say about Superman.

I disproved your lies. My point on Pr was merely how eager you were to BZ the topic until I challenged you. Take the L yet again.

JBL
Irrelevant stupidity from a cowardly *****.

Here you claimed I never challenged you--

I disproved your lies. My point on Pr was merely how eager you were to BZ the topic until I challenged you. Take the L yet again. Are you retarded? You conveniently left out the part where I said.... Why would I do a BZ ON A SITE THAT WORSHIPS SUPERMAN?? THAT WOULD BE LIKE ME GOING TO A REPUBLICAN CONVENTION AND SAYING DEMOCRATS ARE BETTER,WHO WANTS TO VOTE ON IT?

DarkSaint85
That's why you challenged someone toa Superman BZ?

ilikecomics
Originally posted by JBL
Superman fans will take great offence at what I say?👍

I like all comic characters, because they're vehicles for storytelling.

Ive never been offended by you because to take offense is a form of indignation, which often times misses the point of the message which causes offense.

You're a marvel fan and that's fine with me, jbl.

I have a theory that you're utilizing kayfabe techniques within the parameters of an early 2000s defunct comic book forum.
You have the:

-persona crafting
-persistent unlikeable attitude, a characteristic of the heel
- stable across time, with zero character evolution
-shameless self promotion
-the introduction of a team member in the form of jbl jr.

You are the antithesis clashing with bran thesis, and our heightened awareness that you have the emotional depth of a cardboard cut out while engaging with you as if you didn't is the kayfabe synthesis.

Simply put, you're the best we have and I wouldn't trade you for two carvers.

JBL
I like all comic characters, because they're vehicles for storytelling.

Ive never been offended by you because to take offense is a form of indignation, which often times misses the point of the message which causes offense.

You're a marvel fan and that's fine with me, jbl.

I have a theory that you're utilizing kayfabe techniques within the parameters of an early 2000s defunct comic book forum.
You have the:

-persona crafting
-persistent unlikeable attitude, a characteristic of the heel
- stable across time, with zero character evolution
-shameless self promotion
-the introduction of a team member in the form of jbl jr.

You are the antithesis clashing with bran thesis, and our heightened awareness that you have the emotional depth of a cardboard cut out while engaging with you as if you didn't is the kayfabe synthesis.

Simply put, you're the best we have and I wouldn't trade you for two carvers. A marvel fan??!! Where did you get that from? Last I recall, my writer friends wrote for DC comics. I like both company's. But you don't see people lying on Marvel characters like they do DC

ilikecomics
Originally posted by JBL
A marvel fan??!! Where did you get that from? Last I recall, my writer friends wrote for DC comics. I like both company's. But you don't see people lying on Marvel characters like they do DC

Okay, I'll bite.
What is the most egregious lie around a dc character you've heard ?

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
Are you retarded? You conveniently left out the part where I said.... Why would I do a BZ ON A SITE THAT WORSHIPS SUPERMAN?? THAT WOULD BE LIKE ME GOING TO A REPUBLICAN CONVENTION AND SAYING DEMOCRATS ARE BETTER,WHO WANTS TO VOTE ON IT?

You're such a retard. You claimed I never challenged you.

Originally posted by JBL

You're such a cowardly liar. You're doing this bullshit trying to misdirect from your lie that I never challenged you.

JBL
You're such a retard. You claimed I never challenged you.

You're such a cowardly liar. You're doing this bullshit trying to misdirect from your lie that I never challenged you. Do you not know what.... Why would I BZ you on a site that worships Superman..... Means. But just for fun, answer this question... How come Zod, DD, Wonder Woman and her mother were destroying probes when Superman could not?

ShadowFyre
Godzilla and Kaiju have a fickle, trolling fanbase.

JBL
Okay, I'll bite.
What is the most egregious lie around a dc character you've heard ? Have you seen the answers in some of these Superman threads?? Superman vs annihilators. That team has Surfer, beta ray bill, Gladiator ronan etc, and certain Superman fans claim Superman wins??? Superman vs Tyrant... Guess who certain Superman fans picked? Superman vs Thanos, Superman vs Thor with power Gem.. take a look for yourself and you will see. This does not include the lies about what Superman can and had done. No other character on KMC gets worshipped or lied on like Superman.

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
Do you not know what.... Why would I BZ you on a site that worships Superman..... Means. But just for fun, answer this question... How come Zod, DD, Wonder Woman and her mother were destroying probes when Superman could not?

Not only is this skirting around you getting wrecked like usual, but you're giving an example of his dynamic powers given what he later did. But of course you lie out of context.

And the real reason you won't BZ is you know I'll own you.

Here you claimed I never chall6you to a BZ--

Originally posted by JBL

And I did--

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15795855& amp;%20highlight=BZ+dynamic+strength+forumid%3A77+
userid%%3Cbr%20/%3E3A124988#post15795855

Even if you weren't lying about why you won't BZ it, your fake justification is worthless since you said I never challenged you.

JBL
Not only is this skirting around you getting wrecked like usual, but you're giving an example of his dynamic powers given what he later did. But of course you lie out of context.

And the real reason you won't BZ is you know I'll own you.

Here you claimed I never chall6you to a BZ--

And I did--

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15795855& amp;%20highlight=BZ+dynamic+strength+forumid%3A77+
userid%%3Cbr%20/%3E3A124988#post15795855

Even if you weren't lying about why you won't BZ it, your fake justification is worthless since you said I never challenged you. What he did later on? He started destroying probes. so what you saying is that a dynamic strength using Superman is only equal to zod, Wonder Woman, Doomsday and Wonder Woman mother when he's at his most powerful?? Or are you saying that they all are above Superman until he start using dynamic strength?! You just lost a mini BZ. EXTREMELY EASY. You see,what really happened is that Superman started fighting like them because they unlike Superman had no problem killing. So mongul had to get the idiot to go out there and fight and kill that's why he said distraction robbed you of victory. Nice try though👍

Bodybuildingbob
Holy shit , Carver is 84 born

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
A marvel fan??!! Where did you get that from? Last I recall, my writer friends wrote for DC comics. I like both company's. But you don't see people lying on Marvel characters like they do DC

I see.

Originally posted by JBL
DC by FAR.

SquallX

Diesldude

-Pr-
JBL, stop lying. Everyone else, at least try to be civil, please.

cdtm
King Kong fans are pretty toxic, judging by recent experiences.

All I did was question whether it was obvious enough that Kong won 1962, if the company had to come out and tell us who won. Argued the actual fight looked dead even, even after Kong got the lightning amp, with both falling into the sea and the fight ending off camera.

Got called a Godzilla fanboy for it.

I mean, even respected critics argue the end was ambiguous, yet simply questioning it makes you a "fanboy"?

Diesldude

Prof. T.C McAbe
Furries, K-Pop Stans and My Little Pony fans, Comic fans can be arseholes but most of the time we get along. Those three mentioned are a danger to everyone on the internet.

-Pr-
Those KPOP people are ****ing mental.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Those KPOP people are ****ing mental.

thumb up

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by playa1258
Who are the most toxic fanbases out there in fiction right now?

I'll start:

Dragon ball
One Punch Man
Marvel
DC
Star Wars

IMO a solid starting five. Feel free to add others. You can give reasons if you want.

DC, easily. Any adult who's a dc or a superman fan needs serious mental help, and evaluation. They're the the top 5 worst thing that ever happened to this planet. 100 percent. 👍

cdtm
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Furries, K-Pop Stans and My Little Pony fans, Comic fans can be arseholes but most of the time we get along. Those three mentioned are a danger to everyone on the internet.

Brony's are princes among fandoms.

Diesldude

AlbertoJohnAvil
You're mixing ME with somebody else, cuz i've NEVER said that. laughing out loud You will NEVER catch me fanboying or praising superman. He'd actually have to be interesting and stand for something ACTUALLY unique like Spidey, Logan etc

https://i.postimg.cc/tY1mJKXp/200.gif

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
What he did later on? He started destroying probes. so what you saying is that a dynamic strength using Superman is only equal to zod, Wonder Woman, Doomsday and Wonder Woman mother when he's at his most powerful?? Or are you saying that they all are above Superman until he start using dynamic strength?! You just lost a mini BZ. EXTREMELY EASY. You see,what really happened is that Superman started fighting like them because they unlike Superman had no problem killing. So mongul had to get the idiot to go out there and fight and kill that's why he said distraction robbed you of victory. Nice try though👍

Bunch of lies you make up.

Let's simplify this so even YOU can understand. Did you claim I never challenged you to the BZ here, yes or no?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=17413507

Anything other than yes or no will be accepted as a concessions.

-Pr-
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
You're mixing ME with somebody else, cuz i've NEVER said that. laughing out loud You will NEVER catch me fanboying or praising superman. He'd actually have to be interesting and stand for something ACTUALLY unique like Spidey, Logan etc

https://i.postimg.cc/tY1mJKXp/200.gif

I say this in all seriousness, in an attempt at an olive branch: Nobody likes a try-hard, Alberto. Seriously. You like what you like, you dislike what you dislike, cool.

But people can see through it when you go so far OTT. Trust me on that.

AlbertoJohnAvil
I say this in all seriousness, in an attempt at an olive branch: Nobody likes a try-hard, Alberto. Seriously. You like what you like, you dislike what you dislike, cool.

But people can see through it when you go so far OTT. Trust me on that.

Every single thing you've me say about Superman concept was backed up. and argued. Just like in comic book discussion thread where I proved why Superman isn't actually relatable to the real world. If I say he's trash, that's not just an "opinion"

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by Galan007
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DearestWillingBaiji-small.gif

-Pr-
Every single thing you've me say about Superman concept was backed up. and argued. Just like in comic book discussion thread where I proved why Superman isn't actually relatable to the real world. If I say he's trash, that's not just an "opinion"

People can tell when you're lying too, you know. Repeating something doesn't make it true.

cdtm
Liefeld fans.

Bodybuildingbob
a DB fan saying Superman is the toxic one ? Irony laughing out loud

SquallX
The dragon ball fan base. Many believes DB is the apex in power in manga/anime.

Delta1938

It is. A delusional opinion. Just like the opinion he doesn't have dynamic strength.

Diesldude
Albie should be a choice in this thread. Mods make it happen please.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Wolverine fans are toxic to themselves

Actually, no.

Church of Logan co-operated beautifully on KMC.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Actually, no.

Church of Logan co-operated beautifully on KMC.

Among themselves maybe.

AlbertoJohnAvil
People can tell when you're lying too, you know. Repeating something doesn't make it true.

Lying about what? I ask you all the time what makes Superman "likeable" and you never actually give me a good answer.

-Pr-
Lying about what? I ask you all the time what makes Superman "likeable" and you never actually give me a good answer.

No, you asked about him being relatable. And I did give you examples. Weeks if not months ago.

You refusing to listen to what I say doesn't mean I never said it.

leonidas

StiltmanFTW
Among themselves maybe.

Yes. That is the whole point, Pr.

That's why I corrected Reflash, who wasn't even registered back then, anyway. Unless he had some other accounts we're not aware of... shifty

cdtm
No, you asked about him being relatable. And I did give you examples. Weeks if not months ago.

All other fan based suffered because of them.

Forget Spider-Man or Deathstroke, they'd seriously argue Hulk wasn't good enough for him.

Let alone Iron Fist, who would KO him every single time.

AlbertoJohnAvil

You gave me terrible examples. Superman's a living god who struggles to do the "right" thing when he has the power to do whatever he wants. As a result most of the problems he faces are outside the scope of the average person to relate to.

Diesldude

cdtm
Thor fans are toxic.

Seeping right out of their rotting corpses, only way to explain how they let Thor fall so hard is if they were poisoned.

ilikecomics
You gave me terrible examples. Superman's a living god who struggles to do the "right" thing when he has the power to do whatever he wants. As a result most of the problems he faces are outside the scope of the average person to relate to.

So if you were to read metamorphosis by franz kafka, you wouldn't be able to relate to gregory because he's a giant bug ?

Have a look at this and it will maybe help you smile

https://blog.reedsy.com/literary-devices/

Juntai
I don't really think any of the actual comic fans are toxic, really. The only toxic shit I see really is usually in casuals, such as the movie-knowledge only crowd.

StiltmanFTW
I hear ya.

Youtube, facebook and other sites are full of them.

And plenty of those don't know movies well, either laughing out loud

ilikecomics
I hear ya.

Youtube, facebook and other sites are full of them.

And plenty of those don't know movies well, either laughing out loud

You're telling me you don't love webcamparrot's retarded power scaling ?!

:0

cdtm
Stilt probably doesn't know who that is.

I actually watch Youtube shit, and I don't know who that is.

-Pr-
So if you were to read metamorphosis by franz kafka, you wouldn't be able to relate to gregory because he's a giant bug ?

Have a look at this and it will maybe help you smile

https://blog.reedsy.com/literary-devices/

laughing out loud thumb up

ilikecomics
Originally posted by cdtm
Stilt probably doesn't know who that is.

I actually watch Youtube shit, and I don't know who that is.

This guy and another called imaginary axis say the darndest things

https://youtu.be/3lFXBtD-NcY

Then there's comics explained, who is okay but seems to be off the mark sometimes.
He is the most accessible and least stupid of the youtube comic people.

playa1258
IMO Dragon Ball is number 1 followed by Marvel.

StyleTime

LoL got Srank killed sad
It will claim me someday too.

cdtm
To be honest comic fanbases have nothing on video game fanbases when it comes to toxic.

Nintendo zombies looking down on Sega nerds getting looked down on Sony snobs who look down on literally everyone.

PC Master race spending their 5K and feigning superiority, nobody cares.

beatboks

In the broader sense the most perplexing fanbase is MLP and they seem completely unstable so I'd go with that. Console shills that engage in wars are up there too. Fans of shows, crossfitters, dambo's boys, etc. The Dragon Ball "community" is on average CD's homelife tier. And he technically counts as part of that community so you can imagine how bad it gets.

Damn, I couldn't go any further without commenting.
ASOLUTELY FABULOUS post. Nailed it in a nutshell.

Of course fans are more likely to be biased toward a character or character subset than a company. I know I favor DC over Marvel as a whole but that has a lot more to do with having had access to more DC than Marvel for many more years. When I was young foreign publications numbers were limited by protection laws in Australia. Only a few American comics could actually be sold in our country directly. Instead the majority of product had to be published by Australian publishers. So a company called Murray publications reprinted US comics.

DC must have been more willing to deal this way than Marvel because there were more DC comics on the shelves. Most Murray publications were 90 page anthologies where say a JLA comic might have a Hawkman, Atom, Flash stories as well. Worlds finest would have the usual Superman/Batman story as well as a Wonder Woman or GL story. So they came out regularly. Marvel however would have a full 90 page of one title.

1I read and became a fan of Daredevil because his was one of the few US titles that was on the shelves of our newsagents (think news stands) otherwise there was a reprint of Avengers, Spiderman, Hulk, defenders (this one had Dr Strange, Hellstrom, SS stories) and very occasional one off's of others. So most of these only came out every few months when there was enough content for one character (spiderman was the only exception, I'm guessing that like Batman and Superman he had more comic titles in the US so more that could be put together quicker)

On the DC side we got a monthly JLA and World's Finest that had 4 stories, as well as a bimonthly Detective, Action, Superman, Batman, teen Titans, Legion of Superheroes. So more titles more often with for the most part the stories of kore characters in each. Comic readers down under simply got a greater saturation of DC comics than Marvel. The direct to Australian DC comics were wierd tales, tales from the crypt, wierd war and weird western (usually only one or two at a time).

Sorry about the extended speil on that, not where I was intending to go.

Still despite my heavy bias due to reading more DC than Marvel I'm much more a fanboy of JSA and related than DC overall. When it comes to Marvel that bias is purely toward Defenders and Daredevil

I can't remember if it was because it came after the Hawke government lifted these protections in 84 or not but the wierd thing was that Archi comics Adventure line (red Circle with Shield, Comet, Black Hood, the Fly, Mighty Crusaders etc) was the only comic publications from the US that I remember getting ALL DIRECT from the US. Which is probably why I like MLJ superheroes above DC. I mean most of the Australian reprints up until about 1982 were black and white interiors with only a colour cover so seeing MLJ characters TOTALLY in colour was a huge deal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.