Mera (at her best) vs Superman (standard)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is the Mera that the forum said could beat Thor, Hulk, even the Avengers vs Superman. Let's use this Mera... https://comicnewbies.com/2017/07/06/mera-vs-the-justice-league/amp/

This is standard Supes, no amp, no bfr. The fight take place in the same area as the scan above. Who wins?

Bodybuildingbob
ted bundy

-Pr-
A high feat does not an average (even a high one) make. Superman.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
This is the Mera that the forum said could beat Thor, Hulk, even the Avengers vs Superman. Let's use this Mera... https://comicnewbies.com/2017/07/06/mera-vs-the-justice-league/amp/

This is standard Supes, no amp, no bfr. The fight take place in the same area as the scan above. Who wins?

What forum said she could beat the Avengers?

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
What forum said she could beat the Avengers?

This forum. Lol.

DarkSaint85
Standard Superman is above Hulk Thor etc in speed.

ABC logic doesn't work Carv.
I know she froze Flash, so there's that.

Bentley
She tries to seduce Superman but fails

Diesldude

CosmicComet
She'll then poop in his bed

-Pr-
Originally posted by CosmicComet
She'll then poop in his bed

And that's just for starters.

Sin I AM
This forum. Lol.

Link? Outside of this one outlier she does not have the ability to solo an avenger level team. plus there's context to her fight with the league. you'd need an extremely low level Superman to make this non spite

zopzop
Superman is multiple tiers above Mera. I love her but she stands no chance.

EcstaticGrace

Turd Immemorial
This forum. Lol. Pussy

EcstaticGrace

CosmicComet
How is he not tiers above her?

If a writer had her bench a mountain with a struggle it would be one of if not the best feats in her life by orders of magnitude.

EcstaticGrace

CosmicComet
I asked for a physical feat and you give me hydrokinesis.

(Of which even her best does not approach Superman's average.)

Tenuous A vs B comparisons in comics are often inadmissible. Batman scales to Wonder Woman by your same standards.

Ben Grimm scales to Hulk despite canonically being billions of times weaker. Not valid.

Nothing is stopping an average, massively holding back Superman from accidentally putting her on life support in a forum setting.

Mera throwing even a 10,000 ton sub would be one of the best achievements in her career physically. An ant compares better to Eddie Hall than Mera compares to Supes.

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud I didn't actually think an aquaman fan was possible until now.

EcstaticGrace

EcstaticGrace

AlbertoJohnAvil

Sin I AM

-Pr-
As impressive as Mera's push has been, I can't see her getting a majority over Superman.

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Mera wouldn't even make a holding back Superman flinch ffs, stop fanboying Aquaman related characters, theyre boring Asf.

Shut up.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Mera wouldn't even make a holding back Superman flinch ffs, stop fanboying Aquaman related characters, theyre boring Asf.

Seem to be doing a helluva lot better than Namor.

EcstaticGrace

-Pr-
I think the terms used are too nebulous, personally. Imo anyway.

Bodybuildingbob
imagine thinking mera has a chance against Superman smile

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Bodybuildingbob
imagine thinking mera has a chance against Superman smile

Yeah it would be weird like it happened in a comic book or something...

Bodybuildingbob
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Yeah it would be weird like it happened in a comic book or something...
ofc it would , we live in a society where batman beats a god like alien to enhance the storytelling let alone an atlantean.

EcstaticGrace

xJLxKing
Superman wins
He is just too fast and durable for her to really defeat him

That said, she is out of those hidden gems is terms of how powerful she can be

Bodybuildingbob

EcstaticGrace

DarkSaint85
Why are we limiting this to post Flashpoint?

EcstaticGrace

DarkSaint85
Current is also Pre Crisis Superman, just pointing that out.

Carv can of course come in and change his stips to try and nerf Superman, but as it stands all of DC is canon.

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Superman wins
He is just too fast and durable for her to really defeat him

That said, she is out of those hidden gems is terms of how powerful she can be

She blitzed Flash.

EcstaticGrace

DarkSaint85
So either it's a low showing for Flash, or you're saying she's faster than Flash.

Which is it carvy

DarkSaint85

carver9
Darksaint, this is your version of Mera. Enjoy

DarkSaint85
Darksaint, this is your version of Mera. Enjoy
So faster than Flash and Superman. I like thumb up

A bait thread to attract me then, good confession laughing out loud

StyleTime
Hmmm...I think Mera's feat is actually a good discussion point for outlier vs overstated. How much of it is actually outlier and how much of it is simply being overstated? While she's demonstrating some high level things here, the League appears to only want to talk to her. Supes, Diana, and the Lanterns literally never attack. You could argue the Lanterns got pre-empted by Mera, but Jessica's comment about round 2 indicates they weren't fully committed when they went in. Cyborg and Batman would be vulnerable to those things regardless. Flash is....kinda blitzing I guess, but it's debatable how fast he's going.

The comic's presentation doesn't sync up with how it's spun online to me. It feels like the scene emphasizes the League's desire to help her, not fight her. It's like picking up a kid during a tantrum and getting hit by their flailing arms.

Might just be me though.

EcstaticGrace

Philosophía
Originally posted by StyleTime
Hmmm...I think Mera's feat is actually a good discussion point for outlier vs overstated. How much of it is actually outlier and how much of it is simply being overstated? While she's demonstrating some high level things here, the League appears to only want to talk to her. Supes, Diana, and the Lanterns literally never attack. You could argue the Lanterns got pre-empted by Mera, but Jessica's comment about round 2 indicates they weren't fully committed when they went in. Cyborg and Batman would be vulnerable to those things regardless. Flash is....kinda blitzing I guess, but it's debatable how fast he's going.

The comic's presentation doesn't sync up with how it's spun online to me. It feels like the scene emphasizes the League's desire to help her, not fight her. It's like picking up a kid during a tantrum and getting hit by their flailing arms.

Might just be me though. thumb up

It's a little bit of both -- although I'd say the outlier part a bit less. Nothing she showed there is an application of raw power that could be considered out of the ordinary, it's just that the application was to show off the versatility. The heroes were obviously going easy on her and wanted to calm and help her, but what we can deduce from that is that:
a). she can use her powers with finesse ;
b). she can use it pretty quick to dehydrate
c). she can use it for BFR

It depends how you're seeing it -- obv most of the Justice League could still solo her if they get serious, but it's a good demonstration of what she can do overall.

xJLxKing
She blitzed Flash. fight starts, what does she do to avoid a heat vision?

EcstaticGrace

Sin I AM
Heat vision should be an easy counter

xJLxKing
Heat vision should be an easy counter
How?

Sin I AM
How?

The goal of the op was to downplay/lowball Supes while uplaying mera. Her hydrokinesis should be able to easily counter his hv. He also never really goes all out with hv anyway

MrMind
i need to stop drinking at work

Sin I AM
Originally posted by MrMind

This is not an aa subreddit. Noone cares

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by MrMind
https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline

xJLxKing
The goal of the op was to downplay/lowball Supes while uplaying mera. Her hydrokinesis should be able to easily counter his hv. He also never really goes all out with hv anyway Superman has boiled entire oceans before
While I dont expect him to fry her with the strongest HV, i do expect Superman to be able to KO her

MrMind
This is not an aa subreddit. Noone cares

fuk you

If I can't talk with my friends about my problems then who can I talk to

DarkSaint85
Superman has boiled entire oceans before
While I dont expect him to fry her with the strongest HV, i do expect Superman to be able to KO her

No!!!!

As per Carverrules, Superman can't do any of his feats. It must be slow HV, slow enough that Batman can avoid it.

Weak, weak enough that Alfred can tank it.

Anything more, and it's disqualified.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
No!!!!

As per Carverrules, Superman can't do any of his feats. It must be slow HV, slow enough that Batman can avoid it.

Weak, weak enough that Alfred can tank it.

Anything more, and it's disqualified.
Just for the shits and giggles
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/mera-vs-superman-villains-2149985/

EcstaticGrace
Just for the shits and giggles
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/mera-vs-superman-villains-2149985/

The fact that you thought that was a fair fight shows your very high opinion on Mera and low opinion on Superman and his rogues 👍🏿 As much as I appreciate the raise of opinion you might of plummeted too far in the other direction

xJLxKing
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
The fact that you thought that was a fair fight shows your very high opinion on Mera and low opinion on Superman and his rogues 👍🏿 As much as I appreciate the raise of opinion you might of plummeted too far in the other direction
you think i made this thread? or that thread in that link?
you're crazy evil face

EcstaticGrace

xJLxKing

EcstaticGrace
lol i didn't
just a coincidence
If i have account on other sites or whatever, it's generally the same "Xjlxking"

I apologize for the accusation

StyleTime

EcstaticGrace

StyleTime

EcstaticGrace

StyleTime
But...you're not going off what was stated. It was stated they were only trying to help Mera. It was stated they didn't want to hurt Ocean Master. On top of that, their actions matched the statements, especially in the case of Supes/Wondy. They literally never even tried attacking her.

You're literally looking at those statements, and going "I want to believe they were trying their hardest even though the actual dialogue and their actions says otherwise."

Wonder Woman had her arms around his neck, hence my comment about snapping his neck, then said she doesn't want to hurt him. Where is the what if scenario? Then she went to save Batman and Orm just attacked her. Your cropped scan cut that out though, so maybe you didn't realize it.

https://postimg.cc/Wddn7wDd

At what point is she fighting him? Then Superman heats up the water, and Orm attacks them while they're doing these other things. These are factually free shots...

Again, I'm asking what exactly are you arguing here? Do you think they wouldn't slap the shit out of either Mera or Ocean Master if they were actually trying?

EcstaticGrace

EcstaticGrace

StyleTime
No, the bubble statement wasn't false. I said it was misleading because 9 panels/ 2 pages isn't a measure of time. I can drop that though to focus this discussion down more.

The other things are true as well, but as I said, you completely threw out context. You accused me of lying when I pointed out the comics explicitly show them not trying to fight. All those other things could be true with the JLA still holding back. They're not mutually exclusive.

This is why I keep asking you to clarify what your claim is. What are you saying here, exactly?

StiltmanFTW
Mera kills Supes.

Even CuckClark needs his body fluids.

EcstaticGrace

StiltmanFTW
She already did. With nothing more but purely physical strikes.

Supes is overrated as f*ck. She murders him here.

StyleTime

StyleTime
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
She already did. With nothing more but purely physical strikes.

Goddamnit Stilt laughing out loud

Well, at least I can quote you. Grace must have a weird character in their name, because I can only auto-quote, which sucks.

StiltmanFTW
You're literally never interested in supporting male characters in versus threads.

But... Superman is not really a man, is "he"? big grin

EcstaticGrace

StyleTime

StiltmanFTW
Grace must have a weird character in their name, because I can only auto-quote, which sucks.

It's not his name that is the problem.

It's that fancy, non-standard iPhone apostrophe that's not considered a standard character by kmc standards (lol, repeated myself so many times).

Since the 2015 server move, KMC hates it. Raz promised to fix it and he never did.

StyleTime
So if Grace doesn't use apostrophe, the quote will work? Or is it just a permanent thing?

I can't quote Phil either, so I guess I always thought it was the special dot in the "i". Didn't know it was any use of the apostrophe.

StiltmanFTW
So if Grace doesn't use apostrophe, the quote will work?

Yes.

Or is it just a permanent thing?

It's not permanent.

Phil's case is perm, because of his special "i" which happens to be a part of his very username.

StiltmanFTW

StyleTime
Ah, I see.

Cool. Grace stop using that apostrophe, or our longstanding friendship is over. thumb up

StiltmanFTW

EcstaticGrace

StyleTime
Yes...it is. If they're just giving you free shots, there's not much to say. If you stand there talking, and someone randomly swings and KO you, it's not indicative of what would happen in an actual fight.

I didn't mean when Diana restrained him. I'm talking about her going to save Batman, when Orm decides to attack her. You know, a free shot?

https://postimg.cc/Wddn7wDd

There's nothing made up about what's happening there. She was going to save Batman when Orm attacked her. She wasn't fighting back. It's free. This is a fact. Is my scan link not working? Can anyone else see it?

As for Mera holding them. Maybe. Maybe not. We don't know because they weren't fighting back.

StiltmanFTW
Ah, I see.

Cool. Grace stop using that apostrophe, or our longstanding friendship is over. thumb up

Caught your edit there. Liked the original better.

You need to stop acting like a lady and re-learn how to play rough with the boys around here love

EcstaticGrace

StyleTime
I just can't believe we're debating whether or not Superman can slap the piss out of ****ing Mera and ****ing Ocean Master. What the actual **** is happening right now?

eek!

EcstaticGrace

One Big Mob
I just can't believe we're debating whether or not Superman can slap the piss out of ****ing Mera and ****ing Ocean Master. What the actual **** is happening right now?

eek! Concession accepted. thumb up

StyleTime

StiltmanFTW
Face it. You got outstyle'd here, Style.

PS. Tempted to make an X-23 vs. Superman thread...

StyleTime

One Big Mob
The penance is it's time to come out of the closet, but stylish if you like.

No one likes that many female characters, no one. Well, there is one

Zopzop

https://anglicanmainstream.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Closet.jpg

If Carver has to suck you out of there he will with his lips.

StiltmanFTW
Well, Superman doesn't fight back anymore apparently, so I'd wager X-23 ****s him up. thumb up

Completely off-topic, but I've been meaning to ask you for a while... what do you consider to be X-23's best claw feat?

Collector, Belasco, Chulk, WWH, Drax? Something else?

h1a8
This thread is spite.

StyleTime
Originally posted by One Big Mob
The penance is it's time to come out of the closet, but stylish if you like.

No one likes that many female characters, no one. Well, there is one

Zopzop

https://anglicanmainstream.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Closet.jpg

If Carver has to suck you out of there he will with his lips.
I post on KMC, the gayest of all forums. One post here is already coming out of the closet. thumb up

I searched for coming out memes, but none were super funny and I just wound up going down a meme hole. I stopped at this and played League of Legends instead.

https://i.postimg.cc/rp6QsgSH/excuse-me-rocks-funny-fish-meme.jpg

Maybe Stilt can find something better. I tried.

abhilegend
This thread reminds of comicvine Superman who can be judged only by lowest showings possible and all his feats are outliers.

carver9
Bump

DarkSaint85
Current is also Pre Crisis Superman, just pointing that out.

Carv can of course come in and change his stips to try and nerf Superman, but as it stands all of DC is canon.

Superman is faster than that version of Flash, especially with PC feats in operation.

As standard.

DarkSaint85
Was Flash at his best when Mera took him out? Asking for a friend.

DarkSaint85
Carver, hello!

carver9
Superman is faster than that version of Flash, especially with PC feats in operation.

As standard.

He recently couldn't even catch Flash, so I'm guessing those PC fts didn't bode well for him.

DarkSaint85
He recently couldn't even catch Flash, so I'm guessing those PC fts didn't bode well for him.

So was Flash at his best against Mers?

carver9
So was Flash at his best against Mers?

I'll let you answer that.

Damborg question...

Originally posted by Damborgson
Obviously not. But we're not a comic book are we? We're on a battleboard and the questions in my original post are pertinent.

Does Mera get the one shot on any and all now? Where is the average?

Your answer...

We'll have to see more examples of her trying,and seeing what fails and what works.

But for now, we have to go by what's been seen.

And...

Think of her as Rulk when he first appeared.

Although saying that, she's been around since N52 first appeared so she has quite a few appearances.

carver9
Let's add this for giggles...

thumb up

I'll gladly BZ you.

Rules are that I will use Mera showings from JL 24, as I have been all this while.

Her scalings will be by using other characters. So Barry's highest feats (where he has nigh instant reactions), WWs and Superman's greatest strength feats, and Batman's greatest stealth feats. Also, the Lanterns and their auto shields.

Cyborg will be used too, namely his resistance to BFR.

If you wish to throw down, I'm game.

Edit:. Carver, you didn't reply to my question about Proxima Midnight's spear.

Hello!!!

DarkSaint85
That doesn't answer the question?

I'm asking about the speed of her opponent. Surely you can answer this?

DarkSaint85
Let's add this for giggles...

Lmao, did you read the rest of that thread?

You should understand context before tryin this quote tactic. You're terrible.

Lol...was everyone on the JLA operating at their best? Was Flash moving at near nano second speeds during that showing? They couldn't even stop a wave from destroying a City. Storm has done that solo.

https://m.imgur.com/L3mL2HY

States that she held back a million tons of water.

https://m.imgur.com/99KkXhs

So sounds like they weren't at their best ...hmmm.

Guess Superman clocks her. Good thread.

ODG

As standard. What... what exactly is the point of constantly referring to Flash and pre-Crisis history in Superman vs. threads?

DarkSaint85
Carver bumps these threads to prove a point, looking for attention. So I give it to him, but not in the way he wants.

-Pr-
Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.