The Last of Us Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
According to reports, it's what we needed! Apparently!

https://www.polygon.com/22375435/the-last-of-us-remake-ps5-release-dates-rumor-naughty-dog-days-gone-sequel

Nemesis X
Move over Resident Evil 4, you're no longer the most pointless remake ever announced. The Last of Us is a great experience and it hasn't even been that long to warrant a remake of all things. PlayStation seriously destroyed the little guys like Japan Studio for this?!

Arachnid1
Resident Evil 4 remake was never pointless stfu

Smasandian
Yeah, I don't think RE4 is a pointless remake either. It's old and dated enough to see how they can do things better.

But this is dumb. I have no interest in buying this. I literally played the remastered version before the sequel and it still holds up completely. It's one of my favourite games out there and near perfect.

They shutdown Days Gone 2...which I also enjoyed. There is potential in a sequel . In fact, I would say Days Gone is a better game than Ghost of Tsushima because at adds something new to the genre.

Ridley_Prime
In what areas is RE4 old and dated enough that it needs to be remade? Is still perfectly playable by today's standards and has been ported to every main platform since its release. Code Veronica needs the modernizing far more.

Seems to me the only reason the RE4make's happening is because the original's a hugely popular trendsetter and will make money almost no matter what they do with it, much like the reason for this TLOUmake existing. Creatively bankrupt industry.

Smasandian
I agree, I would rather have Code Veronica remade completely instead of RE4....for sure. I wouldn't mind them remaking the original RE game before RE4.

So yeah, I think Capcom can wait on a remake of RE4 after doing others in the series. It also makes sense to wait for RE4 at the end because you know people would buy it.

But I would love to see RE4 with completely new graphics...it could make the game incredibly atmospheric and creepy...and I would love to see modified controls. I just don't think it's the most pointless remake....

This remake is ridiculous. what a waste of time. Sony supposedly has greenlighted another Uncharted game and cancelled any Days Gone sequel (even though the game ending on a pretty big twist that could make a sequel pretty cool). It's funny that Sony is going down this road because what made them a bucket load of money is all the new IP they had during the PS4.

Smasandian
I have no interest in another Uncharted game...I barely had interest in Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy expansion......get Naughty Dog to work on something new....

Nemesis X
Yeah what PlayStation had going on were the amount of exclusives that'd get pumped out frequently and still be fun & enjoyable. But now cancelling games, demolishing small yet popular studios and diverting their staff & resources to stupid things like Astro's Playroom or this remake and what's practically authoritarianism over creative vision at this point oughta show how full on derp Sony and it's PlayStation CEO have gotten. Had they pulled this kind of crap back in 2013, would be mocked & ridiculed at.

Smasandian
The strange thing, I'm actually really disappointed that they are not going to make another Days Gone.

The horde mechanic was amazing and made the world terrifying (even near the end of the game where you were all decked out in gear)...and the sawmill sequence was ****ing brutal and it really felt like being in a zombie movie.

It's a bit annoying that there will most likely be Uncharted 5 (who needs this?), Last of Us 3 and most likely a sequel to Ghost (which I rather not have over Days Gone)...though I am looking forward to Horizons 2.

Impediment
This is a shameless cash grab.

F*ck Naughty dog.

Smasandian
I'm usually all for remastered and remakes. I like seeing older games in a new light.

But yeah, I would agree on this one. Considering I played it recently, it still felt fresh and I can't think of anything that needs to be done to it aside from new graphics....but I don't think they are needed. It still looks great.

Prof. T.C McAbe
After LoU2 fu them

Impediment
JNrqyml09yA

Smasandian
Meh.....Resident Evil 2 Remake made sense. It's old, newer games have much better mechanics and stuff....

This...is an almost perfect game.....it doesn't not need to remade. What a waste of developer resources.

cdtm
Should have done a retcon of 2. Or at least a non canon branching story like Dead Rising did with "Off the Record".

Nemesis X
7koSZwd866Q

facepalm

THIS. DID. NOT. NEED. TO. EXIST.

Smasandian
It's hard to tell graphics on cutscenes. In game is probably a much different story and I assume 60FPS.

But I would agree, it didn't need to exist....and that's coming from somebody who generally enjoys remakes.

Adam Grimes
Zzz

cdtm
Originally posted by Smasandian
It's hard to tell graphics on cutscenes. In game is probably a much different story and I assume 60FPS.

But I would agree, it didn't need to exist....and that's coming from somebody who generally enjoys remakes.

Never can tell, Transformers Devastation couldn't keep a solid 60 fps on Xbox 1 despite being on the 360 and PS3.

NemeBro
Why not remake good games instead of a mediocre game like The Last of Us?

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro

Often wonder that myself. Take the original Red Dead Redemption, everyone actually liked that game, but do we get a remake? No. Do we even get a remaster, no.

Instead we get GTA V.

Don't get it.

Kazenji
^ You really want a remaster of Red Dead Redemption after how Rockstar handled the GTA trilogy remaster?

no thanks.

-Pr-
I wouldn't call TLOU1 mediocre, but that's a whole other story. I do think the remake is unnecessary though. Red Dead... all it needs is a poxy pc port.

Smasandian
Red Dead Redemption did get a 4K patch on the Xbox One X.
The Last of Us is by far one of my favourite games and one of the best of that generations. It's pretty much a close to perfect action game.

And I still don't need a remake for it. Sure, push a new patch to add HDR, upped rez and etc....but not a full blown remake.

Nemesis X
omqOwpR-Kds

$70 btw

-Pr-
Originally posted by Smasandian
Red Dead Redemption did get a 4K patch on the Xbox One X.
The Last of Us is by far one of my favourite games and one of the best of that generations. It's pretty much a close to perfect action game.

And I still don't need a remake for it. Sure, push a new patch to add HDR, upped rez and etc....but not a full blown remake.

I still argue that the gameplay leaves a fair bit to be desired, tbh.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
omqOwpR-Kds

$70 btw

With the leaks that came out this week, I'm very skeptical tbh.

Nemesis X
V2OwKFUqB-4

Smasandian
I will probably get this version a few years from now...assuming I can actually get a PS5....haha

BackFire
Yeah I'll get it when it comes below $30. I've already bought the game twice. I don't want to again unless it's cheap.

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro

I'm glad you said this first.

I'd have been called a troll again if I stated what "should" be obvious. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.