Darkseid vs Cassandra Nova

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Mental battle.

leonidas
not cassie....

cdtm
Meant CS possessing Charles Xavier.

leonidas

carver9
What resistance fts does Darkseid have?

leonidas
that's actually a pretty fair question. i'm not sure he has many--if any direct feats of tossing a tp out of his head. we know he had people on apokalips trained to resist tp, we know the martians were unable to enter the minds of darkseid's forces when they attacked mars until they all joined minds to chase off darkseid's army. that alone would be enough for me. if jonn couldn't get into the mind of random army fodder, there's not chance he could get into darkseid's. cassie may be more powerful, but i don't see her having any better luck. not sure it would go well even if he LET her in...his mind would likely overwhelm her.

DarkSaint85
I still hold the opinion her best feat - mindphucking Xavier - was done because they shared a special bond etc

leonidas
i'm of the same opinion, actually. i like cassie, but i'm not as big a believer in her as some (stares smurph right in the eyes....) lol

Delta1938
Originally posted by leonidas
that's actually a pretty fair question. i'm not sure he has many--if any direct feats of tossing a tp out of his head. we know he had people on apokalips trained to resist tp, we know the martians were unable to enter the minds of darkseid's forces when they attacked mars until they all joined minds to chase off darkseid's army. that alone would be enough for me. if jonn couldn't get into the mind of random army fodder, there's not chance he could get into darkseid's. cassie may be more powerful, but i don't see her having any better luck. not sure it would go well even if he LET her in...his mind would likely overwhelm her.

And given what Scott Free said after resisting a telepath, they're trained to resist anything less than Darkseid's telepathy.

cdtm
Which at the time was enough to control three million Daxamites across the universe.

DarkSaint85
*billion

carver9
I dont think the evidence posted here is proof that he would resist a standard TP attack from her, let alone her best. I get what you are saying Leo but we don't share fts.

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
I dont think the evidence posted here is proof that he would resist a standard TP attack from her, let alone her best. I get what you are saying Leo but we don't share fts.

Gotta love how you specify a specific feat while ignoring how powerful his telepathy was both shown and implied as a whole.

cdtm
And what does he mean by "share"?

Isn't it all the same Darkseid? Even before the recent rollout, I mean.

The Great Darkness Saga wasn't even in the pre-crisis era, it happened in 1989. Byrne's Superman reboot was 1986-87.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm

The Great Darkness Saga wasn't even in the pre-crisis era, it happened in 1989. Byrne's Superman reboot was 1986-87.

Are you skipping over posts?

cdtm
Are you skipping over posts?

I see Leo's point.

Still don't see yours.

Delta1938

It's because Leo brought up other New Gods, but carter like usual is a hypocrite who only says "we don't share feats" when it suits him.

Would you do me a favor and quote me so carter can see?

Derrick. I did not actually say anything about your son. You're an idiot who listened to another idiot who can't read, and just believed him without actually verifying I said something about your son. Yes, you are a retard, tiny tim.

carver9
I see Leo's point.

Still don't see yours.

What did Leo post say?

cdtm
What did Leo post say?

Why don't you tell me that.

Then explain why it doesn't support Darkseid's case.

And this is for you:

Originally posted by Delta1938
It's because Leo brought up other New Gods, but carter like usual is a hypocrite who only says "we don't share feats" when it suits him.

Would you do me a favor and quote me so carter can see?

Derrick. I did not actually say anything about your son. You're an idiot who listened to another idiot who can't read, and just believed him without actually verifying I said something about your son. Yes, you are a retard, tiny tim.

carver9
Why don't you tell me that.

Then explain why it doesn't support Darkseid's case.

And this is for you:

Why do I have to tell you when it's right there? I'll wait for Leo. Nice debating with you

Glorificus
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I still hold the opinion her best feat - mindphucking Xavier - was done because they shared a special bond etc

That's not her best feat. Her casually no-selling both Xavier and Jean combined and then easily taking them both out at the same time was even more impressive. And this was a Jean that had begun to manifest the Phoenix Force. I trust Cassie had no special bond with Jean (and Jean during this arc was portrayed as stronger than Xavier, able to hold all of Xavier's entire consciousness alongside her own for a time).

Going by feats, unless there's clear evidence demonstrating his resisting a telepath that was significantly stronger than Xavier and Jean put together, I'm inclined to side with Cassandra on a pure mental battle.

cdtm
Why do I have to tell you when it's right there? I'll wait for Leo. Nice debating with you

Because I'm not sure it says what you think it does.

No sense arguing based on what I think you think Leo is saying.

Smurph
Originally posted by leonidas
i'm of the same opinion, actually. i like cassie, but i'm not as big a believer in her as some (stares smurph right in the eyes....) lol wavey

leonidas
laughing out loud

I do think Cassie is pretty awesome. Lol

leonidas

i wasn't sharing feats carv, i was extrapolating based on what we know of beings who are considerably BELOW darkseid. if martian tp is useless against a parademon, if jonn can't use tp against ds's assassin kanto, if ds trains his troops to defend against all tp that is below his, it stands to reason darkseid too would be proof against matian level tp.

then there's the fact that new gods in general are hugely resistant to tp.

but you're right in one regard--just because he is likely proof against jonn, doesn't mean he'd necessarily be safe against cassie. she's more powerful than jonn, imo, but i don't see her being powerful enough to break darkseid with her tp.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.