All-Star Superman Throws His Key (Part II)...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
All-Star Superman picks up his key to the Fortress of Solitude and throws it as hard as he possibly can at the following characters individually. They are just standing in one spot and can physically brace themselves, but that's it... What happens to them?

-Wolverine
-Cap /w/ shield
-Gladiator
-WBH
-Cosmic Herald Thor
-Odin (classic)
-Knull

*Aside from Cap, no shielding of any kind is allowed.

The key:
https://i.imgur.com/DmIzV29.jpg

DeadpoolXXX
-Wolverine; becomes a puddle of canadian goo.
-Cap /w/ shield; blows through the shield.
-Gladiator; wolverine has cut him (pretty sure thats canon), so the key would obliterate him.
-WBH; blows apart like a watermelon
-Cosmic Herald Thor; see above
-Odin (classic); see above
-Knull; probably tears through him, but he probably regens.

lawest9
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
-Wolverine; becomes a puddle of canadian goo.
-Cap /w/ shield; blows through the shield.
-Gladiator; wolverine has cut him (pretty sure thats canon), so the key would obliterate him.
-WBH; blows apart like a watermelon
-Cosmic Herald Thor; see above
-Odin (classic); see above
-Knull; probably tears through him, but he probably regens.

carver9
-Wolverine - he gets slung some distance, a lot of distance but his adamantium and healing factor saves him
-Cap /w/ shield - the force from the throw slings Cap shield into his body splitting him in half, or, the key bounce off the shield
-Gladiator - it goes through him. He dies or Survives depending on where Superman hit with the key
-WBH - it goes through him but he Survives and is pissed
-Cosmic Herald Thor - same as Gladiator
-Odin (classic) - tanks it
-Knull - same as Gladiator and Thor

Booya_69
Wbh survives, the rest well...

Stoic
Wolverine - It would pass through him like a bullet but make a huge hole. He'd heal from it but is initially in pretty bad shape.

Captain America - It ricochets off of the shield, what happens next is anyone's guess.

Gladiator - He is arguably as strong as All Star Superman. I'm not sure how the throw would affect him?

WB Hulk - It bounces off of him.

Cosmic King Thor - He survived several attacks from a Universal plus character (Black Winter) he should be able to tank this.

Odin - If he's only allowed to stand there without amping himself up, he dies. Otherwise, if he is allowed to amp, he tanks the throw.

Knull - He tanks it.

carver9
Good post

h1a8
Depends on how fast he can throw the key. It looks like he's lifting it casually from the scan.

I could lowball calculate how fast based off him one arm lifting 200 quintillion tons (1.78e24 newtons).

Force = mass*acceleration = 0.5 x mass x velocity^2/(throwing distance)

Or

velocity = sqrt (2 x throwing distance x force /mass)

mass = 500,000 tons or 4.5e8 kg
throwing distance = 1 meter (lowball estimate)
force = 200 quintillion tons or 1.77e24 newtons (lowball estimate since that wasn't Superman max)

So lowball velocity = sqrt ( 2 x 1 x 1.77e24/4.5e8) meters/second
= 8.8e7 m/s

Now for some perspective.

Kinetic energy = 0.5 x mass x velocity^2 = 0.5 x 4.5e8 x (8.8e7) ^2 joules
Or 1.7e24 J
How significant is that?

Well
1 megaton bomb = 4.18e15 joules of energy

So the kinetic energy of the key would be at least 1.7e24/4.18e15
or equivalent to a 4e8 megaton bomb.
That's a 400 million megaton bomb!

The average nuclear warhead yield is about 1 megaton.

The largest nuclear bomb yield ever tested was a 50 megaton bomb.
That's 8 million times (or of) the most powerful nuclear bomb(s) ever tested.
And thats not even considering the cutting (penetrating) pressure.
If it doesn't penetrate or pass through (still imparting much energy inside the character) then it would produce ALL the energy stated above on the character.

Its fair to say that all these characters would be dead EXCEPT possibly WBH.

Check my math. Did things quickly.

SquallX
Originally posted by Stoic
Wolverine - It would pass through him like a bullet but make a huge hole. He'd heal from it but is initially in pretty bad shape.

Captain America - It ricochets off of the shield, what happens next is anyone's guess.

Gladiator - He is arguably as strong as All Star Superman. I'm not sure how the throw would affect him?

WB Hulk - It bounces off of him.

Cosmic King Thor - He survived several attacks from a Universal plus character (Black Winter) he should be able to tank this.

Odin - If he's only allowed to stand there without amping himself up, he dies. Otherwise, if he is allowed to amp, he tanks the throw.

Knull - He tanks it.

Saying it bounces off Hulk is ludicrous.

leonidas
i wonder how fast he can throw it. that would be a very large determining factor in deciding what happens... can he throw it at the speed of light? half light speed? not sure how it can be addressed unless we have an idea of how fast the thing is moving.

ShadowFyre
You are an absolutely mindbaffling person H1. How you are able to do math like that on the spot is absolutely incredible and then resorting to some of the tactics you use is even more incredible. And yes , I mean that as a compliment.

No one here is "tanking" this. Survive it -wbh,cosmic Thor, Odin(amped), knull (regen)

Everyone else including caps shield and wolverines pelvis either become fragmentation or hit pluto before they realize they were hit.

And not sure on the actual rules but unless stated I'm going to assume Supes is aiming center mass like your average law enforcement correct?

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
i wonder how fast he can throw it. that would be a very large determining factor in deciding what happens... can he throw it at the speed of light? half light speed? not sure how it can be addressed unless we have an idea of how fast the thing is moving. He casually pressed upwards of 200 quintillion tons with one arm. Even though the key is extremely heavy, it's still 400 TRILLION times lighter than the aforementioned.

So my guess is... Really f*cking fast. stick out tongue

h1a8
Originally posted by Galan007
He casually pressed upwards of 200 quintillion tons with one arm. Even though the key is extremely heavy, it's still 400 TRILLION times lighter than the aforementioned.

thumb up

i wonder how fast he can throw it. that would be a very large determining factor in deciding what happens... can he throw it at the speed of light? half light speed? not sure how it can be addressed unless we have an idea of how fast the thing is moving.

I calculated a lowball estimate above.

DeadpoolXXX
Originally posted by carver9
-Gladiator - it goes through him. He dies or Survives depending on where Superman hit with the key honestly surprised by this response. eek!

and why someone has never drafted A-S superman in a tourney JUST to use this tactic is beyond me. feel like youd dominate lol. confused

ShadowFyre
Actually guys, we might be looking at this all wrong. Its still a bullet sized object. Bullets don't explode objects when they hit them. So why would this? It should just pass through everyone here correct? And just make a rather large exit wound?

I know this is comics but everything we know about ls is basically theory or from the giant spectromc****ery in switzerland.

So maybe it does to them what a .50 can does to a human being? I dont think anyone explodes from this. That key would be leaving the solar system before a regular human would see the blood turns from blue to red (or green or purple or whatever) though.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Actually guys, we might be looking at this all wrong. Its still a bullet sized object. Bullets don't explode objects when they hit them. So why would this? It should just pass through everyone here correct? And just make a rather large exit wound?

I know this is comics but everything we know about ls is basically theory or from the giant spectromc****ery in switzerland.

So maybe it does to them what a .50 can does to a human being? I dont think anyone explodes from this. That key would be leaving the solar system before a regular human would see the blood turns from blue to red (or green or purple or whatever) though.

Eh, I thought bullets DO explode objects.

Google what happens when you shoot watermelons, for example.

https://i.postimg.cc/9F6870S0/gettyimages-510825024-640x640.jpg

Galan007
I imagine the result would be similar to what happens to a watermelon when you shoot it with a 50 cal.

The key weighs 500,000 tons, but from Superman's perspective, would feel lighter than a grain of rice... and he's throwing it as hard as he can here.

{edit}
DS is a ninja. sad

carver9
Well, these are beings that swim through stars and withstands the pressure of Abstracts and solar system/Galaxy destroying blasts to the face. Huge argument can be made on a lot of these people withstanding it. It just depends on where he throws it imo.

Galan007
Just assume he's aiming mid-sternum.

leonidas
He casually pressed upwards of 200 quintillion tons with one arm. Even though the key is extremely heavy, it's still 400 TRILLION times lighter than the aforementioned.

laughing out loud

agreed. i actually don't think the impact would be the same as the watermelon example though. i think it would be more like the impact a non-explosive round shot from a railgun would have. that's to say it would leave a hole roughly the size of the projectile/key in the target. the problem is if he's able to throw it near light speed (a possibility? does anyone know how fast superman has ever thrown anything...?) we'd have additional real world physics effects vs comic physics effects.

i think the closest analogy might be that it would act as an IMP from flash. you could say it's obviously heavier, but the IM in IMP means INFINITE MASS. but...comic physics right? IN THEORY, if he threw it at light speed, it should be...infinitely powerful. but we know that's not how comics work.

imo, i think the key would make an initial hole, then the kinetic energy would radiate outwards through the target. if we use an IMP as an example of what that could mean in a comic (superman has used his body in a similar way) we might be able to say the key would act similarly to an IMP from the flash, with maybe the added bonus of leaving a key-sized hole in whoever it hit. i really don't know if it would penetrate the shield. i have my doubts, but there's no way it could absorb all the energy from the key so basically i think steve would be vibrated into goo. if you think the others could survive an IMP, i'd suggest they could likely survive this.

maybe. laughing out loud

**EDIT: of course i think when superman used his body to deliver an IMP, he destroyed...a planet i think, or a moon? he was a lot bigger than flash's fist though or the key, but it could be argued it would hit with something like planet-busting force? lol comics....

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Eh, I thought bullets DO explode objects.

Google what happens when you shoot watermelons, for example.

https://i.postimg.cc/9F6870S0/gettyimages-510825024-640x640.jpg

Except he isn't throwing it at a watermelon. He is throwing it at people. I have shot almost a dozen people and never once have they exploded.

The closest to exploding we can get is a .50 cal through a human head. And the skin around the majority of the face almost always stays intact. The force of the bullet drags the brain, and peices of bone out of the exit wound though.

Watermelons are highly pressurized and have zero openings and yeah our circulatory system is highly pressurized (why blood sprays and does not just dribble out when a major artery is hit) the rest of us is not

DarkSaint85
Force, of course, being equal to mass times acceleration.

Now imagine how much force this key will be bringing. Don't make me sic H1 on you.

Stoic
Originally posted by SquallX
Saying it bounces off Hulk is ludicrous.

This same Superman got jacked up when he was tossed at the moon. WB Hulk's indirect punch casually caused far more damage. We see what we want.

DeadpoolXXX
Hulk isn't no selling the key. you could argue he regenerates from the damage it causes, but acting like he has enough piercing durability to tank it outright is just foolish.

Juntai

So my guess is... Really f*cking fast. stick out tongue Picked it up . . like a key. ..

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Juntai
Picked it up . . like a key. .. No he didn't.

Look how that retard grabs it. No one holds a key like that.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Stoic
This same Superman got jacked up when he was tossed at the moon. WB Hulk's indirect punch casually caused far more damage. We see what we want. You mean when he got back to actual earth and caused 0 damage? Lol

Booya_69
Originally posted by One Big Mob
No he didn't.

Look how that retard grabs it. No one holds a key like that.

laughing

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Force, of course, being equal to mass times acceleration.

Now imagine how much force this key will be bringing. Don't make me sic H1 on you.

You can sic whoever you want on me. I am still right.

We are discussing what happens to a human body when hit with a small object.

I used actual human bodies as a reference.

You used....a watermelon.

So nobody else in all star dc can lift half a million tons? Weak sauce.

DarkSaint85
You can sic whoever you want on me. I am still right.

We are discussing what happens to a human body when hit with a small object.

I used actual human bodies as a reference.

You used....a watermelon.

So nobody else in all star dc can lift half a million tons? Weak sauce.
I don't understand your point, tbh.

Are you saying that the key would just punch through, assuming it doesn't hit any major arteries?

And it's the finger strength that's key (lol) here.

DarkSaint85
It just seems like our analogies and life experiences are equally valid.

I've never shot a bullet through a guy, let alone make then explode. But you've never thrown a 0.5million ton key through a person before either, so....

ShadowFyre
Well, to be honest neither one are probably very valid as we are using beings that have neither the consistency of a watermelon or a human being outside of Cap. We are just arguing semantics. I think we both agree nobody is tanking this and at the very least nobody is going to be able to continue fighting after they get hit.

leonidas
would it do more damage than this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/busterfeats/comments/7g36s2/comics_planet_superman_imps_the_shadow_moon_dc/

DarkSaint85
would it do more damage than this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/busterfeats/comments/7g36s2/comics_planet_superman_imps_the_shadow_moon_dc/

Hard to say. Comics being comics, piercing damage (as delivered by a 1/2million ton key thrown at you at extreme speeds) is different from whatever damage punching a magical moon gives out.

leonidas
relatively speaking, superman could be seen as a piercing object, given the size of the moon. assuming he's very close to light speed when he hits his mass may even exceed the mass of the key. if both are near light speed they should hit with roughly the same energy.

but superman's impact on the moon is very different from flash's IMP on the martian. comics physics is unreliable at best. my guess would be if you think they could survive planet-busting power, they could probably take the shot from the key. a hole would be created in all of them except the shield (maybe) but the energy released from the contact would be similar to the moon shot--or the IMP from flash. at least based on what comics have shown regarding objects moving close to light speed. assuming he can throw it that fast....

DarkSaint85
Superman is piercing the moon, but relative to HIM, the damage is blunt force, surely.

leonidas
THE KEY is piercing the TARGET, but relative to IT, the damage is blunt force, surely.

shrug

i stand by my it's really almost impossible to say, but based on how dc appears to handle this type of thing, i think the best we can do is look at IMP's--assuming you think he can throw the key that fast.

DarkSaint85
THE KEY is piercing the TARGET, but relative to IT, the damage is blunt force, surely.

shrug

i stand by my it's really almost impossible to say, but based on how dc appears to handle this type of thing, i think the best we can do is look at IMP's--assuming you think he can throw the key that fast.

Yeah.

So the target (i.e. Wolverine or Glads) is suffering piercing damage, whilst the key is 'suffering' blunt force.

So we need to see the various characters' piercing damage, right?

leonidas
the key would pass through each though, we know that. it's the REST of the damage--the energy imparted in its passing--that we need to consider. impossible to really say how much energy that would be, but assuming it's moving near light speed, it would be something similar to the moon shot. or flash's punch imo.

leonidas
so, if we assume it pierces each, THEN releases planet busting force...

logan could deal with the puncture--he'd be blown to atoms from the energy release.

cap's shield would absorb some of the blow, maybe deflect it, maybe be blown apart, but no chance cap survives the energy release.

glads MIGHT be able to heal from the puncture, (not sure about his healing) but i don't think he could withstand the energy release.

wbh would get punctured and heal instantly. he could handle the energy release imo.

no real idea about thor.

odin is weird--he'd be punctured for sure. if he were allowed to know what was coming i think he'd handle it. otherwise i could see him being blown apart. 'gods' have some weird showings.

knull--assuming he's at full power, he'd be punctured but he'd survive the energy release imo.

again, that's all just based on what we've seen of IMP-like attacks in dc. i may have missed some examples though. /shrug

carver9
It also depends on the showings we are using for these characters. Example...

Gladiator survived without a scratch a blast that was capable of destroying half of the solar system. He's also swam in sun's, etc...

Odin shrugged off a Galaxy destroying blast on multiple of occasions while standing over his opponent.

Thor endured the full might of a pissed off Celestial. I still feel like he would get pierced but I doubt he would explode on impact. If Supes goes for the skull, Thor is a goner.

Yes, I know there are differences in the attacks vs the key but if I can survive abstract level attacks, I doubt piercing or blunt changes things.

Smurph

leonidas
thumb up

in this case the bullet would pass through so fast, the explosion wouldn't happen until after it exited. then it's a question of whether or not the target could withstand the explosion.

ShadowFyre
People still don't explode when shot...like this is a fact of life. You can browse through thousands upon thousands of people being shot by a single small arms fire round and not one of them exploded. Thats all I am saying.

Now since we are arguing about something being thrown at above lightspeed it still wouldn't be a true omnidirectional explosion. That force has a single direction and its going to drag the majority of said object more in a cone shaped manner.

Melons explode because they are highly pressurized containers with zero openings. Our skin keeps us intact and our circulatory system is highly pressurized. Mulitple parts of our body are not, otherwise our lungs would not be able to inflate and our intestines would not expand when filled with food. Quit using fruits to simulate what a human body would do when hit. That makes zero sense.

leonidas

One Big Mob
If you shoot pheasants with a 243 or above they go kablammo!

The exit wounds of deer sometimes has a big kablooey effect if you hit the guts and it ruins a lot of meat. But like you can shoot the head with a 308 and it doesn't go kablooey!

I guess I can see it both ways. You'd think it'd have like no resistance if Superman threw a key at you so a lot of that energy isn't acting upon what it's touching. On the other hand we could just be pheasants.

Very scientific debate so far. Both dwell in darkness but one needs light to thrive. Interesting contrast.

Smurph
People still don't explode when shot...like this is a fact of life. You can browse through thousands upon thousands of people being shot by a single small arms fire round and not one of them exploded. Thats all I am saying.

Now since we are arguing about something being thrown at above lightspeed it still wouldn't be a true omnidirectional explosion. That force has a single direction and its going to drag the majority of said object more in a cone shaped manner.

Melons explode because they are highly pressurized containers with zero openings. Our skin keeps us intact and our circulatory system is highly pressurized. Mulitple parts of our body are not, otherwise our lungs would not be able to inflate and our intestines would not expand when filled with food. Quit using fruits to simulate what a human body would do when hit. That makes zero sense. lol yeah, I get it, the composition of a human body is more complex and less uniform than a water melon.

One Big Mob
Lots of teachers have sex with water melons and Leo is a teacher... hmm...

https://www.thesudburystar.com/2018/05/15/teacher-had-sex-with-watermelon-ex-student-tells-sudbury-trial

Makes sense he's defending melons here.

leonidas
actually i was on the railgun side of things. draw what parallels from that as you will. thumb up

ShadowFyre
Its neat, regardless if they showed that key bouncing off someone it would be q serious wtf moment.

leonidas
lol yeah... you could have 5 artists/writers independently tell the event, and all 5 would likely be quite a bit different.

carver9
I'm just curious on how far and fast he can throw it. I can casually pick up a barbell but I sure as h*** ain't tossing it extremely far. Especially as far as a baseball, etc...

Magnon
The Key would be highly unstable against phase transition. Dwarf star matter can only exist as dwarf star matter (technically, this is electron-degenerate matter) within the enormous gravitational field of a dwarf star. Remove a key-sized chunk of it and bring it to a 1-atm environment, and it would explosively return back to "normal" state of matter. I don't know which mechanism is keeping the Key stable but I'm sure if Superman threw it at someone at full strength, this mechanism would fail, triggering the phase transition.

Some physics follows.

We aim to calculate the electron-degeneracy pressure active within the Key. Electrons are fermions and obey the Pauli exclusion principle: when matter is compressed into dwarf-star densities, its electrons experience a repulsive quantum effect, which then produces an extremely high pressure. It is, in fact, this pressure that prevents a white dwarf star from collapsing further into a neutron star or black hole.

In a dwarf star, gravity and electron-degeneracy pressure are in balance. But in a key-sized piece of dwarf star material, self-gravity is insignificant next to this pressure (I can show the math, upon request), so that as soon as the "mystery mechanism" I referred to above fails, the key will detonate with extreme violence.

The electron degeneracy pressure P_e is given by:

https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/media/math/render/svg/c612fd0a8f839eae7402402154abb6c8f475ab57

Here, h_bar is the reduced Planck's constant and m_e the electron mass, which are well-known physical constants. In order to calculate P_e, we thus need electron number density ρ_e within the key. The mass of the key is 4.5E8 kg, which means that it contains approximately 2.7E35 nucleons. There are approximately 2 nucleons for each electron in dwarf star material, yielding 1.35E35 electrons in this case. The volume of the key is about 1E-6 m^3. Thus

ρ_e = 1.35E41 electrons / cubic meter.

Plugging this in the expression for P_e yields:

P_e = 8.3E30 pascals.

This is a truly ridiculous outward pressure. Assuming the surface area of the Key is 6E-4 m^2, this corresponds to an outward force of 5E27 newtons. This is equivalent to the weight of 5E26 kilograms under standard gravity, i.e. the weight of approximately 80 Earths.

So, once the Key has penetrated its hapless target, it likely detonates with the force equal to the weight of 80 Earths. This would erase every single being on the OP's list.

FURTHER READING:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerate_matter
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_degeneracy_pressure
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_exclusion_principle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucleon

leonidas
which is why we kept saying comic book physics....RL physics almost never apply, even when the writer tries to take it into account--re: flash.

but if you're saying you don't know what would happen in a comic, welcome to the group. thumb up

Philosophía
In comic books The Thing punches harder than Quicksilver or Speed Demon. And using real life his fingers should pierce even worse than the key.

It's all about strength when this stuff is in comics and All Star has in abundance. I'd say he hurts everybody and those who regenerate survive.I still honestly can't wrap my head around Knull being above Odin even though he is.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
I'm just curious on how far and fast he can throw it. I can casually pick up a barbell but I sure as h*** ain't tossing it extremely far. Especially as far as a baseball, etc... I've mentioned this already, but in Superman's hands, the key would feel lighter than you or I holding a single grain of rice... but it's still a 500,000 ton object being thrown by a guy who can casually press 400 TRILLION times its weight.

So while it's difficult to calc-out an exact speed that Supes could potentially throw the key, it would still be... absurdly fast.

MrMind
just came here to read magnon's post

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Magnon
The Key would be highly unstable against phase transition. Dwarf star matter can only exist as dwarf star matter (technically, this is electron-degenerate matter) within the enormous gravitational field of a dwarf star. Remove a key-sized chunk of it and bring it to a 1-atm environment, and it would explosively return back to "normal" state of matter. I don't know which mechanism is keeping the Key stable but I'm sure if Superman threw it at someone at full strength, this mechanism would fail, triggering the phase transition.

Some physics follows.

We aim to calculate the electron-degeneracy pressure active within the Key. Electrons are fermions and obey the Pauli exclusion principle: when matter is compressed into dwarf-star densities, its electrons experience a repulsive quantum effect, which then produces an extremely high pressure. It is, in fact, this pressure that prevents a white dwarf star from collapsing further into a neutron star or black hole.

In a dwarf star, gravity and electron-degeneracy pressure are in balance. But in a key-sized piece of dwarf star material, self-gravity is insignificant next to this pressure (I can show the math, upon request), so that as soon as the "mystery mechanism" I referred to above fails, the key will detonate with extreme violence.

https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/media/math/render/svg/c612fd0a8f839eae7402402154abb6c8f475ab57

Here, h_bar is the reduced Planck's constant and m_e the electron mass, which are well-known physical constants. In order to calculate P_e, we thus need electron number density ρ_e within the key. The mass of the key is 4.5E8 kg, which means that it contains approximately 2.7E35 nucleons. There are approximately 2 nucleons for each electron in dwarf star material, yielding 1.35E35 electrons in this case. The volume of the key is about 1E-6 m^3. Thus

P_e = 8.3E30 pascals.

This is a truly ridiculous outward pressure. Assuming the surface area of the Key is 6E-4 m^2, this corresponds to an outward force of 5E27 newtons. This is equivalent to the weight of 5E26 kilograms under standard gravity, i.e. the weight of approximately 80 Earths.

So, once the Key has penetrated its hapless target, it likely detonates with the force equal to the weight of 80 Earths. This would erase every single being on the OP's list.

FURTHER READING:

I can write the word boobies on a calculator.

On a serious note, so just dlsitting there, the key could explode with 80 earthweights going outward huh? There you go guys. Got your Michael Bay splosions. Happy now?

MrMind
I can write the word boobies on a calculator.

On a serious note, so just dlsitting there, the key could explode with 80 earthweights going outward huh? There you go guys. Got your Michael Bay splosions. Happy now?

you are sooooo funnyyyy wooowwww

ShadowFyre
You are soooo on myyyy nuts wooooowwww

Get off em bro. If you don't like someone's comment, just don't say anything like the rest of the adults do.

MrMind
You are soooo on myyyy nuts wooooowwww

Get off em bro. If you don't like someone's comment, just don't say anything like the rest of the adults do.

but....everything you type makes you sound so desperate

Diesldude
I've mentioned this already, but in Superman's hands, the key would feel lighter than you or I holding a single grain of rice... but it's still a 500,000 ton object being thrown by a guy who can casually press 400 TRILLION times its weight.

So while it's difficult to calc-out an exact speed that Supes could potentially throw the key, it would still be... absurdly fast. worse lol, try holding 400 trillion rice grains

ShadowFyre
Kinda like you desperately clinging to my ball hairs?

Anyway, after magnons post, I am changing my stance to none survive this and going a little further, I honestly don't see any of them regenerating from this either. Unless they can regenerate from atoms?

Odin is the only one who eventually comes back as he has died multiple times and came back.

Delta1938

Anyway, after magnons post, I am changing my stance to none survive this and going a little further, I honestly don't see any of them regenerating from this either. Unless they can regenerate from atoms?

Odin is the only one who eventually comes back as he has died multiple times and came back.

I suggest just putting him on Ignore. He rarely has anything worthwhile to say even when he's sober.

MrMind

why are you so set on insults, when I'm trying to help you with your Asperger

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by MrMind
why are you so set on insults, when I'm trying to help you with your Asperger

Wrote a song for ya. Like to hear it? Here it goes.

"Up from the depths, fourty stories high
Is a giant rusty dick Mr. Mind covets with his eyes
He grabs it,licks it,sticks it in between his thighs
Makes another Superman match and everybody cries
Then he gets lockjaw from chewing rusty dicks and wishes he could die"

Freestyle. Like it? Dont give a ****. Have a good day sir.

MrMind
Wrote a song for ya. Like to hear it? Here it goes.

"Up from the depths, fourty stories high
Is a giant rusty dick Mr. Mind covets with his eyes
He grabs it,licks it,sticks it in between his thighs
Makes another Superman match and everybody cries
Then he gets lockjaw from chewing rusty dicks and wishes he could die"

Freestyle. Like it? Dont give a ****. Have a good day sir.

tell me, how long did it take to write this asperger masterpiece? what does your parents think about your basement freestyle rapping? are you related to insane titan by any chance?

MrMind
Originally posted by Delta1938
I suggest just putting him on Ignore. He rarely has anything worthwhile to say even when he's sober.

I'm surprised you can still type what with your gout problem and failing liver

carver9
Uuuummmm... what is going on in here

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by Magnon

Some physics follows.

P_e = 8.3E30 pascals.

FURTHER READING:
Originally posted by h1a8
Depends on how fast he can throw the key. It looks like he's lifting it casually from the scan.

I could lowball calculate how fast based off him one arm lifting 200 quintillion tons (1.78e24 newtons).

Force = mass*acceleration = 0.5 x mass x velocity^2/(throwing distance)

Or

velocity = sqrt (2 x throwing distance x force /mass)

mass = 500,000 tons or 4.5e8 kg
throwing distance = 1 meter (lowball estimate)
force = 200 quintillion tons or 1.77e24 newtons (lowball estimate since that wasn't Superman max)

So lowball velocity = sqrt ( 2 x 1 x 1.77e24/4.5e8) meters/second
= 8.8e7 m/s

Now for some perspective.

Kinetic energy = 0.5 x mass x velocity^2 = 0.5 x 4.5e8 x (8.8e7) ^2 joules
Or 1.7e24 J
How significant is that?

Well
1 megaton bomb = 4.18e15 joules of energy

So the kinetic energy of the key would be at least 1.7e24/4.18e15
or equivalent to a 4e8 megaton bomb.
That's a 400 million megaton bomb!

The average nuclear warhead yield is about 1 megaton.

The largest nuclear bomb yield ever tested was a 50 megaton bomb.
That's 8 million times (or of) the most powerful nuclear bomb(s) ever tested.
And thats not even considering the cutting (penetrating) pressure.
If it doesn't penetrate or pass through (still imparting much energy inside the character) then it would produce ALL the energy stated above on the character.

Its fair to say that all these characters would be dead EXCEPT possibly WBH.

Check my math. Did things quickly.
thumb up Astounding work. And I really like these ideas. I mean I know comics dont always comply with RL science. But I really like the thought that Superman throws a key that will detonate and generate enough force that equals to 400 million megaton bomb or 80 earths shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.