Aquaman versus Spiderman rogues

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Would any of Spiderman's enemies be a challenge for Arthur?

DarkSaint85
Quite a few of them, depending on how one wants to use his TP feats.

Morlun, for example, would be a nightmare.

Bentley
Does Wolverine count as a Spider-man rogue?

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Quite a few of them, depending on how one wants to use his TP feats.

Morlun, for example, would be a nightmare.

I was reading a few Aquaman issues recently, and at the height of his strength feats he seemed to be nearly comparable to Hercules' mid range strength showings.

EcstaticGrace

DarkSaint85

ShadowFyre
Anyone who relies on pure physicals to beat Parker would mostly get one shotted

Parmaniac
To be fair the pressure part often gets simply ignored. For example in Fear Itself: The Fearless #04, Crossbones and Syn are both at the bottom of the atlantic ocean in a shitty scuba suit not giving a shit about pressure. We shouldn't go nerd calculations on basically everything. Another example of things that actually should be considered but just get ignored would be Spider-Man's feat when he fights Phoenix Colossus and Magik in the volcano, the temperature and air (if you even can still call it air) he's exposed to there would make this feat exponentially more impressive.

DarkSaint85
Not to mention, you know, 40% of a universal force lol.

But you're right. We need H1 here

leonidas
depending on tp, several could be an issue imo--venom and carnage of course are tough, electro if used properly can be very powerful, sandman is a beast, molten man would be interesting, and of course morlun. gave someone like doc ock prep and he'd be a real challenge as well.

Bentley
Syn is powered by the racist force though

Parmaniac
Bentley hating on strong independent women once again.

Adam Grimes
Aquaman splashes them.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Molten Man, Carnage, Venom and Dr. Doom

-Pr-
I don't know if you guys are lowballing Aquaman or if Spidey's rogues are that good.

I remember talking about it with Stilt once, but bar Venom, Carnage and Morlun, it's not ringing a bell.

cdtm
Doc oct.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't know if you guys are lowballing Aquaman or if Spidey's rogues are that good.

I remember talking about it with Stilt once, but bar Venom, Carnage and Morlun, it's not ringing a bell. Which name popped up that you would consider lowballing?

The only name so far that I don't think would cause trouble is Molten Man, since Aquaman was in lava and did fine.

cdtm
Hydroman is his kryptonite.

EcstaticGrace

leonidas
Morlun would beat him straight up IMO.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Which name popped up that you would consider lowballing?

The only name so far that I don't think would cause trouble is Molten Man, since Aquaman was in lava and did fine.

Doc Ock, Electro etc.

I mean I'm sure there's some feat someone can post, I've just seen Arthur lowballed a few times in the last few weeks so I was unsure.

Originally posted by cdtm
Hydroman is his kryptonite.

no expression

EcstaticGrace

cdtm
Doc Ock, Electro etc.

I mean I'm sure there's some feat someone can post, I've just seen Arthur lowballed a few times in the last few weeks so I was unsure.

no expression

Hydroman can dehydrate him.

I think.

cdtm

Parmaniac
Doc Ock, Electro etc.

no expression Ock was listed with prep, which is an entirely different thing. In a straight up fight he'd get one shotted of course. I probably agree on Electro.

CD is kinda right on Hydroman, aside from tp there ain't much Aquaman could do at least not physically.

Parmaniac
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/3/36386/2227313-hulkoctakeone3.jpg Special version, Adamantium arms.

Parmaniac

cdtm
Special version, Adamantium arms.

He stopped using them?

Well... they still need to be plenty strong to restrain Spiderman.

Who's the weakest character that's actually broken them?

EcstaticGrace

Parmaniac
I meant I agree with Pr

carver9
Black Tarantula would give him hell as well. Full powered Shocker would as well. Kaine would destroy him.

cdtm
Black Tarantula. laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Special version, Adamantium arms.

Dude.

Ock only needs his human arms for AQUAMAN.

StiltmanFTW
He stopped using them?

Adamantium harness was as rare as your brain activity.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Adamantium harness was as rare as your brain activity.

I blame the lack of stimulation discussion. thumb up

leonidas
Doc Ock, Electro etc.

no expression

laughing out loud

you should know that i don't like lowballing....

ock with prep can be very impressive. without it he'd be slaughtered of course. electro is often underrated--he does have some impressive showings. it would depend on the setting though. in a ring, where he can't absorb anything, he'd lose for sure. in a city setting where he has access to electricity he could definitely be a problem imo.

molten man was more of a point of interest. couldn't recall how am was with heat, but yeah, i've seen the lava scan. he's much stronger than spidey and has some solid durability but if the heat doesn't weaken arthur he's wreck molten man. thumb up

EcstaticGrace

leonidas
thumb up

Booya_69
Venom, carnage and Morlun kill him

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Booya_69
Venom, carnage and Morlun kill him

Everyone keeps saying Morlun. Has he beaten a high end brick like AM? I can't remember

Booya_69

Booya_69

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Everyone keeps saying Morlun. Has he beaten a high end brick like AM? I can't remember

No one look at fights anymore, it's all cheese fts.

ShadowFyre
I would put Aquaman firmly past Rhino as far as "brickness" goes

Parmaniac
Rhino is a hell of a lot smarter thoug

Parmaniac
The list:

Kindred
Red Goblin
Regent
Morlun
Solus
Kuhul Ajaw
The Spider Queen
(pre-retcon) Judas Traveller
Anti-Spider-Man Skrull (Secret Invasion)
Carnage
Venom
Sandman
Hydroman
The Extremist

With prep:
Alystair Smythe
Jackal
Mr. Negative

Given the right circumstances / special versions:
Norman Osborn (Super Adaptoid)
Hobgoblin (Word of God)
Electro (Anti Matter Version)

People Spider-Man fought on his own but are not actually "Spider-Man villains":
Firelord
Juggernaut
Dr. Doom
Mephisto
Thanos

carver9
You don't think Kaine could win? Didn't Kaine kill Solus

Parmaniac
Originally posted by carver9
You don't think Kaine could win? Didn't Kaine kill Solus Kaine was The Other at that point, the Other is basically a person destined to be able to kill Inheritors. That's why Spider-Man was able to kill Morlun with his stingers. Kinda like what Drax was for Thanos during Annihilation.

But you can add Sin-Eater (Kindred version)

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I would put Aquaman firmly past Rhino as far as "brickness" goes

How is Rhino smarter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.