Wonder Woman and Aquaman vs Annihilators

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Diana and Arthur get 1h of prep on Themyscira and then Atlantis.

Who wins?

MrMind
unless there are some haxx weapons that I don't know of from themyscira or atlantis, I don't see how they can win

EcstaticGrace
Current Diana can solo more than likely. If we go off her transcending 😅 otherwise Annihilators.

Philosophía
Originally posted by MrMind
unless there are some haxx weapons that I don't know of from themyscira or atlantis What weapons from Themyscira and Atlantis do you know of you beautiful being?

MrMind

carver9
Diana is 100% the most powerful force on the JLA but even then, she still isn't winning this fight. I would probably give her an edge against most of the Annihilators solo though.

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud

carver9
So you think she could win? Well, you think much higher about her than I do.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
So you think she could win? Well, you think much higher about her than I do.

Yes, that is the part of the sentence I was laughing at, Carvy.

Philosophía
I'll have to go back to the site where my comic dream originated

tada

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/themyscira/4020-56187/things/ Boooooring.

https://i.ibb.co/v3PCQjV/RCO018.jpg https://i.ibb.co/kxWXhKk/RCO019.jpg

MrMind

ShadowFyre
If Surfer, Bill, Quasar,Gladiator and (I forgot whose on the team) bombard them from the upper stratosphere,get rid of Arthur and then jump Diana.

Bill and Surfer have a plethora of attacks and abilities that Arthur and Diana have no way of stopping or even avoiding.

Annihilators 9/10 if this is regular ww and am

MrMind
surfer or gladiator alone might take majority over diana

arthur is non factor

zopzop
Yeah, assuming no crazy powerups for T1, Annihilators win.

EcstaticGrace
surfer or gladiator alone might take majority over diana

arthur is non factor

False.

Arthur > Cannonball > Gladiator

MrMind
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
False.

Arthur > Cannonball > Gladiator

low showing?

wonder woman got owned by a bullet....

let's not go the troll route here bud

EcstaticGrace
low showing?

wonder woman got owned by a bullet....

let's not go the troll route here bud

Which one of the Annihilators uses guns?

MrMind
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Which one of the Annihilators uses guns?

see? this is not a good discourse for a rational debate, you are being childish

Sin I AM
Let's see Ronan, Glads, Bill, Quasar and Read...are we using current versions? I was really curious to see what Bill would be capable of with Surturs sword. So Bill could stalemate Diana. So could Glads...not sure about Quasar at the moment. Surfer would beat her Ronan would lose to Diana but he'd at least stalemate AM. The rest beat AM unless he had a big upgrade not sure what properties Poseidon's Trident has anymore. AM does have some cool artifacts in Atlantis...it would be interesting for a little bit of the DC duo are written up. But the Marvel guys take it

Stoic

EcstaticGrace

EcstaticGrace

EcstaticGrace

MrMind
Sin doesn't know wtf she's talking about

Horse face even at his best days come close to sniffing WW's crotch within three miles

Glads has a chance to fight evenly if he fight smart

Surfer is the only one who has a legit chance of beating her in one on one scenerio

Philosophía
Aquaman finds he can mind control horses and has Bill KO Surfer again.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Fixed it for you.

Watched enough Peacemaker to figure out the rest... Arthur gets pregnant with all that horse cum inside him.

MrMind

Philosophía
https://i.ibb.co/v4HZ6W6/MKRAUb3-Ogkvuzt15kkw-MZjqb-JPvx7w0-Frv2-Qg-FEd-Ook-NChi-TWf6-LA2-E1-UM12-Dusfyh-YUl6d1-Vyg-T-s1600.jpg https://i.ibb.co/T0jLB68/H2-Ca-OR4f-LGu-Wqvg-Ab7-Nn-Ua-oio-w-Zd6-Rx-Iy-Caeg-L1-JA3-LG3-K-a6mmr-OOTsu8-OR-dp7-Deq-QMo-DAw-s160.jpg https://i.ibb.co/hs3jLw0/kzxc-GK-MLjz-ZDif-BOb8-B76-PSh-QCAS-9zq70-GJPx-Cpc-WSel-Fx-M4j2s4ob-Hswt-K1-X2u-Qrj-Yqx0-COc-s1600.jpg https://i.ibb.co/MB8Y0xJ/U01q3v-O15i-Ont-UGtp-J6-N-k4d-Riij-VHLqp4n7-Wh9-YFPQYT5c-I21-SRa-Ul-Ulobafv-Qz-WSme-Bz-PSxe-O-s1600.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/0D7mn9Z/ezyb-Rm-ZM04-NWVRD9-Xk-Imnmea-E-Tl-Go61-O-z-Lc-LB6-TBIMV-5a-JQqb2z7d-N-ur-Ez-Coawf-Kr8b6-MOS-s1600.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Beta Ray truly is better than Thor in everything.

MrMind
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Beta Ray truly is better than Thor in everything.

yep

https://i.ibb.co/y5J2bJc/Thor-3-spoilers-3.jpg

Philosophía
Beta Ray truly is better than Thor in everything. Thor needs about two power-ups and 10 extra inches to even approach Beta Ray.

light889
see? this is not a good discourse for a rational debate, you are being childish

Diana in the past has always had split durability. Which is far from impossible in the crazy world of fiction. Her body takes attacks like physical hits and energy blasts better. And when you say WW got owned by a bullet? . You mean the priest JL issue? It should be noted that prior to that. Rebirth WW was shown to be able to afford getting shot in vital areas and still keep on fighting. She got shot twice in Ruka run in the chest and stomach. Got right up and kept on fighting. She got shot to the head with a 8th metal bullet, she got up and kept on fighting. So the priest scan is not consistent because A) WW is not totally vulnerable to bullets the way a human is based on feats. She has healing abilities and can afford getting shot in vital areas as we have seen more than one and still keep fighting. B) A properly writen WW should have reacted to that bullet in time. Like WW has done countless times in comics, cartoons, movies etc. It is one of her most basic and consistent traits. To be fast enough to react to speeding bullets. She has done it even while being blind. So the bullet argument is irrelevant. Because a properly writen WW should not be going down to a bullet based on feats as she didn't die from them in pre priest showings. And her most recent performances even got her blocking a bullet with her bare hand and the current run stated her invulnerable. She is more than fast enough to react to bullets. The opponents here don't even use guns. And Her durability to physical and energy based attacks is no pushoever.

StiltmanFTW

Philosophía
Yes, obv. I can see the sweat drip from his posts trying not to spell words the same way.

MrMind
thumb up

Btw, is light nvr?

it doesn't make sense cause we were just doing lighthearted trolling

once canonball got brought up with gladiator he should know neither of us were serious..

Stoic

Stoic
Can't edit.

EcstaticGrace

-Pr-
Originally posted by Stoic
Arthur isn't beating Bill, if we are going the full capacity route. Ronab? For sure, unless he decides to transmute his clothes to titanium.

I'm confused re: the titanium part. What's that a reference to?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm confused re: the titanium part. What's that a reference to?

Universal Weapon is a very versatile weapon (duh).

But transmuting clothes alone wouldn't do shit and titanium is only strong irl, not in comics. So I guess Stoic just typed it in haste.

Trapping Arthur in a stasis field, now that could work.

Sin I AM

Booya_69
Ronan & quasar easily beat Arthur

Ss, glads, and Bill vs diana??

Spite thread

EcstaticGrace

JBL
WW and Aquaman gets murdered. Spite.

Sin I AM

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
His telepathic powers are sporadic.

They nerfed his telepathy too?

EcstaticGrace

StiltmanFTW
They nerfed his telepathy too?

You're the only poster who tried to rep Arthur as a powerful telepath, bro stick out tongue

He's probably quite irreplaceable when you go fishing, though.

-Pr-

Philosophía
Pr, read Drowned Earth arc from Scott Snyder's Justice League and go fanboy mode with his telepathy.

It's surprising to see Aquaman fans sidestep it repeatedly.

Do I REALLY have to do it?

-Pr-

DarkSaint85
No.

StiltmanFTW
How dare you forget Mungi and like... the three others of us.

Comicfan. Haven't seen him in a long while.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
No.

Shame.

Comicfan. Haven't seen him in a long while.

Mungi was the OG iirc. I really wasn't even in to the character until around... 08ish I think. It was before Blackest Night anyway.

Philosophía
I started reading his run but lost interest quickly. I thought it was awful.

Does it really get better? It's not very good overall, but some individual arcs are good.

beatboks
You're the only poster who tried to rep Arthur as a powerful telepath, bro stick out tongue

He's probably quite irreplaceable when you go fishing, though.

Arthur's Tp is powerful, it's just different.
In the PAD run (I think) when an alien race was near earth offering help but with darker motives Arthur telepathically broadcast to people all over the planet and in space simultaneously.

He has succeeded where MMH hasn't on several occasions.

The thing is his TP works on the part of the brain that controls autonomic functions. That's why he can control fish with no higher brain function, and can give white Martians seizures but not control them.

To me comparing his TP to say MMH is like comparing a mallet to a scalpel. Other TPers are capable of doing a lot more with tp while not being more powerful (if that makes sense)

Sin I AM
Originally posted by beatboks
Arthur's Tp is powerful, it's just different.
In the PAD run (I think) when an alien race was near earth offering help but with darker motives Arthur telepathically broadcast to people all over the planet and in space simultaneously.

He has succeeded where MMH hasn't on several occasions.

The thing is his TP works on the part of the brain that controls autonomic functions. That's why he can control fish with no higher brain function, and can give white Martians seizures but not control them.

To me comparing his TP to say MMH is like comparing a mallet to a scalpel. Other TPers are capable of doing a lot more with tp while not being more powerful (if that makes sense)

Granted. It's just not a tool he readily uses is the issue.

beatboks

And I see that as because of the lack of versatility in its use.

A current writer doesn't want to use it giving seizures because it's been Don and looks like a lack of creativity but in a battle it's his only real application except vs other TPers where his limitations are more obvious

In short because ots one and only battle application has been done no other writer wants to use it because he looks uncreative. Those classic times when Arthur succeeded when MMH didn't it was Arthur's tp force breaking a barrier and then MMH guiding (or using his tp with his own) him telepathically for the more subtle work needed

EcstaticGrace

-Pr-

He used to. It seems to depend on the writer what aspect of his powers will be used the most nowadays.

Sin I AM
Drowned Earth was average btw

beatboks

beatboks
Damm edit comes up blank

Kept should have been lept (damn auto correct)

EcstaticGrace

EcstaticGrace
Kordax is a pretty powerful telepath in his own right too

https://imgur.com/gallery/wI6EuIY

beatboks
Yeah but Kordax has the same type of aqua TP as Arthur. They are playing on the same field as it were.

-Pr-
Yeah but Kordax has the same type of aqua TP as Arthur. They are playing on the same field as it were.

It doesn't help that "aqua tp" is a pretty vaguely defined term. Under some writers it's a wholly different type of telepathy that doesn't work like say, J'onn's does. Under others it's just telepathy but used a bit differently.

It's like Aquaman in general though: writers are always trying new gimmicks instead of just focusing on what they have to work with.

beatboks
It doesn't help that "aqua tp" is a pretty vaguely defined term. Under some writers it's a wholly different type of telepathy that doesn't work like say, J'onn's does. Under others it's just telepathy but used a bit differently.

It's like Aquaman in general though: writers are always trying new gimmicks instead of just focusing on what they have to work with.

Which is a God damn shame, because Arthur as a character has a lot to work with. Sadly not enough writers seem up to the task.

EcstaticGrace

EcstaticGrace

-Pr-
Which is a God damn shame, because Arthur as a character has a lot to work with. Sadly not enough writers seem up to the task.

I think it's a failing of modern writers in general, Aquaman just suffers from not being defined enough before these new writers got a hold of him.

I mean, you can't **** around with someone like Superman to the same extent.

leonidas
you must have some great arthur fan fic hanging around. somethign that shows us how his powers SHOULD work. as a mod, you have the power to make that sh!t canon in the forum. i'd just go ahead and pull the trigger if i were you laughing out loud

and i KNOW you must have an arthur/jean love child in print somewhere. now THAT character would whoop everyone's a$$ lol

-Pr-
Originally posted by leonidas
you must have some great arthur fan fic hanging around. somethign that shows us how his powers SHOULD work. as a mod, you have the power to make that sh!t canon in the forum. i'd just go ahead and pull the trigger if i were you laughing out loud

and i KNOW you must have an arthur/jean love child in print somewhere. now THAT character would whoop everyone's a$$ lol

Oh, I do, it's just... not very PG is all.

The first part. Not the second. Eww. Jean. No.

Philosophía
Drowned Earth was average btw Average is the equivalent of top notch for Aquaman, tbh.

ha-som

JBL
Originally posted by Booya_69
Ronan & quasar easily beat Arthur

Ss, glads, and Bill vs diana??

Spite thread 100 percent SPITE.

-Pr-

Philosophía
Pr, check your PMs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.