Gladiator vs Morg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Who wins?

leonidas
i'd take gladiator for a solid majority here.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Glads me thinks

Stoic
Morg has better battle feat wins against more powerful characters than Gladiator does. Morg wasn't nearly torn to pieces against Thanos, while Annihulk mugged Gladiator. These two are on completely different levels. Morg should win.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Morg has better battle feat wins against more powerful characters than Gladiator does. Morg wasn't nearly torn to pieces against Thanos, while Annihulk mugged Gladiator. These two are on completely different levels. Morg should win.

Huh. I don't understand the logic. Glads is faster and stronger. Even masterson Thor phucked Thanos up once. Facts.

Wonder Man

h1a8
Morg can't destroy any source.

Wonder Man
Galactus gave him eternal source.

Wonder Man
He gave him the identity he asked for.

lawest9
Morg wins.

Wonder Man
Makes you wonder the sum and total amount that Ares is capable of.

h1a8
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Galactus gave him eternal source.
Galactus cant destroy any source

Wonder Man
His attention is great enough to wipe out a race.

Wonder Man
Morg can imply an act and have his enemy as good as destroyed.

Wonder Man
Not just that either. Morg was created to defeat superior creations.

h1a8
You are now speaking nonsense. We use feats to back up claims. Post scans to prove your point. Prove that Morg can somehow destroy any source (especially when he couldn't destroy Surfer or Thanos).

Wonder Man
Morg is as great as the cosmic alliance. He was created to break through it and destroy opposition.

Wonder Man
I think it was Galactus who said Morg would strike fear in their hearts.

DarkSaint85
H1vs the machine

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Huh. I don't understand the logic. Glads is faster and stronger. Even masterson Thor phucked Thanos up once. Facts.

Faster limb speed? Yes. Faster travel speed? Arguable. Stronger? No. More powerful? No. Annihulk sodemized him on panel. Thanos would've killed Annihulk if not for Annihulk sending him into Void space. Morg fought Thanos nearly evenly, he was losing but it's more than Gladiator could do adainst Annihulk who held up against Thanos about as well as Morg did.

You ask for scans, but won't respect them if they were posted.

zopzop
Morg.

h1a8
How?
Glads is way faster and stronger.
Glads has to be nerfed to lose this.

Booya_69
Gladiator takes the majority.

Stoic

Booya_69

leonidas
really? surfer i agree with, but i'd take glads over any of the other standard heralds including morg. though i think this would be a very close fight and would take glads for a small majority.

Philosophía
Originally posted by leonidas
really? surfer i agree with, but i'd take glads over any of the other standard heralds including morg. though i think this would be a very close fight and would take glads for a small majority. thumb up

I'm starting to lean for Glads against Surfer too, but that's neither here nor there.

Stoic

leonidas
where did glads fight annihulk? and i'm not sure how you can consider annihulk and morg as peers... if it's the same annihulk who premiered in the thanos/hulk, that versions whipped down the hulk and was considered a vast improvement over the classic version who stalemated thor. i'd say the annihulk who from the hulk/thanos is way above morg, and with the rod is likely in the trans tier. to me morg fits comfortably between ss and terrax. he's just more brutal than most heralds, but ss put him down handily when he grew angry enough.

Stoic
Go back and read the Herald Ordeal gotta go. Work.

leonidas
yeah i've read it. morg admits he was given power almost at the ss's level, and ss admits he was taken by surprise by morg, which is why he was beaten. the rest is pretty irrelevant as morg used the water. and even with the water nova was able to put him down briefly, and terrax put up a pretty good fight. when he lost the PC he put up a small struggle, but each of the heralds fought a group of heralds in that arc and did well. gabriel did VERY well against the group, so i don't think his showing was anything special.

obviously this is just standard morg. gladiator can be as brutal as morg, and his showing against jane, his speed against asgard, his recent showing against galactus all exceed anything morg has done imo. morg's best showing was beating fl and gabriel at the same time in annual 7. but like i said, a po'd ss put him down.

i found the battle where he fought annihulk, but like i said, that was a more powerful than ever annihilus, and...hulk is hulk. i just think overall, especially more recently, glads has surpassed morg imo. it's close, and it would be brutal. morg would win some, but i'll still take glads for a slight majority here.

Stoic
I didn't notice any stips on Morg's level of power. However, I did notice that near the end of his life, Morg was able to physically contend with Thanos. Do you recall what Thanos did to the Surfer? Do you recall Annihulk's fight with Thanos, and Gladiator's fight with Annihulk?

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah i've read it. morg admits he was given power almost at the ss's level, and ss admits he was taken by surprise by morg, which is why he was beaten. the rest is pretty irrelevant as morg used the water. and even with the water nova was able to put him down briefly, and terrax put up a pretty good fight. when he lost the PC he put up a small struggle, but each of the heralds fought a group of heralds in that arc and did well. gabriel did VERY well against the group, so i don't think his showing was anything special.

obviously this is just standard morg. gladiator can be as brutal as morg, and his showing against jane, his speed against asgard, his recent showing against galactus all exceed anything morg has done imo. morg's best showing was beating fl and gabriel at the same time in annual 7. but like i said, a po'd ss put him down.

i found the battle where he fought annihulk, but like i said, that was a more powerful than ever annihilus, and...hulk is hulk. i just think overall, especially more recently, glads has surpassed morg imo. it's close, and it would be brutal. morg would win some, but i'll still take glads for a slight majority here.

I had to give your post some thought Leo. I have yet to see Gladiator defeat a trans tier character, let alone a high herald for a vast majority. Morg was for the majority of his appearances operating at low to mid trans if we took him at his most powerful. Again, the Surfer looked like a flea compard to Thanos who outright demolished him making it clear that he was far more than a high herald. If Morg was below the Surfer, why then was he able to contend with Thanos as a near equal? He gave Thanos as much trouble as Annihulk did. When I recall Gladiator's run-in with Annihulk, all I remember was a one sided ass kicking. These two aren't on the same level Leo.

If I made a thread called Gladiator vs the Heralds of Galactus, would you get a picture of Gladiator dominating them? Silver Surfer, Terrax, Firelord, Nova, Air Walker construct... Did I miss any? Well Morg would've killed them all if not for Galactus' intervention. What again did Gladiator do these days? Annihulk didn't finish the Hulk off. The Hulk actually fought back, while Gladiator... well Gladiator was sodemized.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
I had to give your post some thought Leo. I have yet to see Gladiator defeat a trans tier character, let alone a high herald for a vast majority. Morg was for the majority of his appearances operating at low to mid trans if we took him at his most powerful. Again, the Surfer looked like a flea compard to Thanos who outright demolished him making it clear that he was far more than a high herald. If Morg was below the Surfer, why then was he able to contend with Thanos as a near equal? He gave Thanos as much trouble as Annihulk did. When I recall Gladiator's run-in with Annihulk, all I remember was a one sided ass kicking. These two aren't on the same level Leo.

If I made a thread called Gladiator vs the Heralds of Galactus, would you get a picture of Gladiator dominating them? Silver Surfer, Terrax, Firelord, Nova, Air Walker construct... Did I miss any? Well Morg would've killed them all if not for Galactus' intervention. What again did Gladiator do these days? Annihulk didn't finish the Hulk off. The Hulk actually fought back, while Gladiator... well Gladiator was sodemized.

You take too much in stock of who beat who while ignoring plot and PIS.
Bottom line : Gladiator is significantly faster than Morg. That advantage alone makes this a stomp.
2nd, Gladiator is significantly stronger than any character Morg has ever fought. Again, a stomp.
3rd, the way Gladiator treated Jane (who took it toe to toe with Odin and has insane strength feats) and how Thanos avoided a fight with Glads says more than anything Morg has ever done.

The only way Morg wins is if Gladiator does not have super speed and reflexes (can not easily see Morg's attacks to defend against them).

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
You take too much in stock of who beat who while ignoring plot and PIS.
Bottom line : Gladiator is significantly faster than Morg. That advantage alone makes this a stomp.
2nd, Gladiator is significantly stronger than any character Morg has ever fought. Again, a stomp.
3rd, the way Gladiator treated Jane (who took it toe to toe with Odin and has insane strength feats) and how Thanos avoided a fight with Glads says more than anything Morg has ever done.

The only way Morg wins is if Gladiator does not have super speed and reflexes (can not easily see Morg's attacks to defend against them).

And your only argument is power set. Battle feats for Gladiator please? Hopefully it's not of him fighting Cannonball.

DarkSaint85
Fighting the most powerful version of Galactus ever stick out tongue

I'm bringing him up because you seem to rate that Galactus pretty highly.....

leonidas

Stoic
Did the OP state which version of Morg is being used? If it's the nerfed version sure. The showing against Thanos stands and is a part of his history. PC and WOL Morg would easily defeat Gladiator. Sentry's level has always varied depending upon Bob's state of mind. He may have been able to give Gladiator the Terrax treatment. In the end, Gladiator lacks feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.