Superboy Prime vs Kitty Pride

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
She gets the jump on him just after dumping a certain person at the altar.

Who wins?

SquallX
The power of the coochie after dumbing a man at the altar is beyond even omnipotent being.

leonidas
it's an interesting question. at just standard levels, i don't think he'd be able to punch her. i think she would likely phase him into the ground, but that wouldn't do much more than pi$$ him off. he'd break free then have to do some fanfic attack to hit her. could be some sort of energy attack maybe? or maybe his rage fuels a punch that can hit or affect her somehow? not sure tbh, unless he has a feat of hitting someone/something intangible? and not just dimensional walls...

qwertyuiop1998
Didnt she once say she is more susceptible to sonic attack iirc?So maybe SBP can just roar really loud?

cdtm
Originally posted by leonidas
it's an interesting question. at just standard levels, i don't think he'd be able to punch her. i think she would likely phase him into the ground, but that wouldn't do much more than pi$$ him off. he'd break free then have to do some fanfic attack to hit her. could be some sort of energy attack maybe? or maybe his rage fuels a punch that can hit or affect her somehow? not sure tbh, unless he has a feat of hitting someone/something intangible? and not just dimensional walls...

He didn't say she starts off phased, though.

Even getting the jump on him doesn't negate the rule of."active powers off", got to be explicit with that stuff.

cdtm
But even if she starts off phased, I think he can punch her.

He literally punched his way out of the Phantom Zone. He should have been a Phantom himself.

leonidas
i assume the spirit of the thread would dictate she starts phased.... and unless there is proof that he has hit someone who is intangible while he's in a physical state, i'm not sure how he would hit her any better than anyone else can. the use of sound is possible i guess. i'm sure there are some ways, i just don't see punching her as being the best way--unless again he has done it and i don't recall it.

Magnon

cdtm

leonidas

GalacticStorm
Good job Bentley laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
He also has his freeze breath.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He also has his freeze breath.

Thatd be even less effective than heat vision. Its just cold breath lol

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Thatd be even less effective than heat vision. Its just cold breath lol

This is n52 Supes against an intangible guy who goes for the heart (Ghost Soldier):
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11111/111113402/3723938-3686282-yff2014-03-05%2B07-31-33%2B-%2Baction%2Bcomics%2B%282011-%29%2B029-007.jpg

leonidas
yeah i think bobby's powers proved effective against kitty though, so maybe it would work, maybe not. hard to say. none of these abilities seem to always work.

GalacticStorm
yeah i think bobby's powers proved effective against kitty though, so maybe it would work, maybe not. hard to say. none of these abilities seem to always work.

Interesting. Remember what issue?

DarkSaint85

When has she shrugged off cold?

Plus sonics, light still affects her (Super skrull blinded her), and last I saw when she was with Star-Lord, she still needed to breathe...

cdtm

Plus sonics, light still affects her (Super skrull blinded her), and last I saw when she was with Star-Lord, she still needed to breathe...

She also struggled with ultra dense materials.

And SBP is pretty dense.

SquallX

GalacticStorm

Given the nature of her power its your burden of responsibility to prove that cold affects her.

But Leo seems to think Iceman managed it, but then his temperature manipulation is atomic level so is a lot more intricate than a macro cold breath attack in her nearby vicinity lol

Sonics could effect her and light for sure. She can breathe through solid matter now. Her need to hold her breath whilst phasing was phased out eek!

Magnon
I don't think Kitty can even touch Prime if he decides to go intangible.

GalacticStorm

Old Man Whirly!
it's an interesting question. at just standard levels, i don't think he'd be able to punch her. i think she would likely phase him into the ground, but that wouldn't do much more than pi$$ him off. he'd break free then have to do some fanfic attack to hit her. could be some sort of energy attack maybe? or maybe his rage fuels a punch that can hit or affect her somehow? not sure tbh, unless he has a feat of hitting someone/something intangible? and not just dimensional walls... remember smashing planets is something he has done before.

DarkSaint85
Given the nature of her power its your burden of responsibility to prove that cold affects her.

But Leo seems to think Iceman managed it, but then his temperature manipulation is atomic level so is a lot more intricate than a macro cold breath attack in her nearby vicinity lol

Sonics could effect her and light for sure. She can breathe through solid matter now. Her need to hold her breath whilst phasing was phased out eek!

She can't breathe in space, for example.

https://i.postimg.cc/qMG87hFf/RCO021-1467206526.jpg

GalacticStorm
She can't breathe in space, for example.

https://i.postimg.cc/qMG87hFf/RCO021-1467206526.jpg

Cool. So Prime would basically have to smash the planet or as Squall said burn up the atmosphere.

Theres no doubt that Prime would win in this scenario (mine said indestructible planet) but it does serve to highlight the limits of his powerset.

Mission accomplished wink

Old Man Whirly!
Cool. So Prime would basically have to smash the planet or as Squall said burn up the atmosphere.

Theres no doubt that Prime would win in this scenario (mine said indestructible planet) but it does serve to highlight the limits of his powerset.

Mission accomplished wink Ahh GS, he simply alters reality. He really has no limitations he is a walking plot device. He has whatever powers he needs for the plot, you want reality warped use Prime, You want a guy to survive a universal blast use prime. Escape the speed force Prime. Absorb a guardian Prime, turn Myx into a ***** or defeat DK use Prime. He is a no limits fallacy.

DarkSaint85
Or just fly very fast and create a vacuum.

SquallX
Its interesting that his limited power set means he has to resort to indirect attacks isnt it? smile

Now what if he was dealing with intangible entities who didnt need to breathe?

Interesting smile

Are you joking? Did you just claimed Prime has a limited powerset?

leonidas
@squall--that's a good idea. i have serious doubts prime would think of removing the oxygen via superspeed though. maybe, but he's generally too petulant to think like that in a battle imo.

DarkSaint85
In Death Metal, he's a lot less petulant.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Ahh GS, he simply alters reality. He really has no limitations he is a walking plot device. He has whatever powers he needs for the plot, you want reality warped use Prime, You want a guy to survive a universal blast use prime. Escape the speed force Prime. Absorb a guardian Prime, turn Myx into a ***** or defeat DK use Prime. He is a no limits fallacy.

He changes reality by punching things. On top of that he doesnt know how he changes reality, he has no control over its effects, he doesnt know what triggers it.

It has limited offensive capability in general and definitely against someone who his punches cant connect with.

Furthermore his punches connected with Darkest Knight and SBP ended up dead erm

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by SquallX
Are you joking? Did you just claimed Prime has a limited powerset?

In the big scheme of things he has a very limited power set as opposed to a high level reality warper or cosmic being.

Hes a brick with a randomly triggered, uncontrolled retcon punch smile

GalacticStorm
@squall--that's a good idea. i have serious doubts prime would think of removing the oxygen via superspeed though. maybe, but he's generally too petulant to think like that in a battle imo.

He surprised me to.

Go on Squall with your bad self wink

DarkSaint85
Didn't he break out of the Speed Force by punching? With enough finesse to arrive back a week or so after he originally got trapped?

Bentley
I also don't believe Prime would bust the atmosphere as a tactical movement, maybe by accident lol

Also: I thought Kitty phased a giant space bullet and was in space for months, how did she breath there? Real question

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bentley
I also don't believe Prime would bust the atmosphere as a tactical movement, maybe by accident lol

Also: I thought Kitty phased a giant space bullet and was in space for months, how did she breath there? Real question

She did, and the whole breathing thing, iirc, is as inconsistent post-Claremont as any other X-Men character's powers. Hell, just a while back we were arguing about whether she would still have that power boost she got.

Stilt would be better caught up with it than me though, so he'd have more insights as to whether her breathing issues are still a thing.

Old Man Whirly!
In the big scheme of things he has a very limited power set as opposed to a high level reality warper or cosmic being.

Hes a brick with a randomly triggered, uncontrolled retcon punch smile And the ability to asborb the energy of God's, kill the antimoniter etc., etc.

Konton

The breathing thing kind of went out the window during her Astonishing arc, you know, flying a phased alien bullet into space for years. Then she came back and couldn't un-phase. I find she can stay phased as long as she pleases in X-Books over the last decade and a half, the breathing only showing up in crossover material for plot reasons.

Sonics work IIRC. Only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head is her getting downed by a WWH thunderclap, but I feel like I've seen other instances.

As for cold, it stands to reason that she should be immune to all temperatures while phased. She's gone through lava, lasers, Omega Sentinal blasts. Now Bobby is a different story, he has more potential to control her molecules than vice-versa. The vague nonsensical description of her powers has always been that she pushes her molecules through the gaps in matter and (to varying degrees) energy, but any powerful telekinetic, matter manipulator, etc. can just "grab her by the atomic structure." In Bobby's case, should be able to slow them regardless of her phase state.

SquallX

leonidas
Originally posted by Konton
The breathing thing kind of went out the window during her Astonishing arc, you know, flying a phased alien bullet into space for years. Then she came back and couldn't un-phase. I find she can stay phased as long as she pleases in X-Books over the last decade and a half, the breathing only showing up in crossover material for plot reasons.

Sonics work IIRC. Only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head is her getting downed by a WWH thunderclap, but I feel like I've seen other instances.

As for cold, it stands to reason that she should be immune to all temperatures while phased. She's gone through lava, lasers, Omega Sentinal blasts. Now Bobby is a different story, he has more potential to control her molecules than vice-versa. The vague nonsensical description of her powers has always been that she pushes her molecules through the gaps in matter and (to varying degrees) energy, but any powerful telekinetic, matter manipulator, etc. can just "grab her by the atomic structure." In Bobby's case, should be able to slow them regardless of her phase state.

she's also been in space without trouble--tangentially showing cold can be ineffective, as well as radiation. but yeah, depending on HOW bobby used his powers, he SHOULD be able to affect her though by getting a little exotic. his usual tricks just pass through her though.

DarkSaint85
Green Lanterns have also been in space, showing cold is ineffective on them.

SBP still froze them and smashed through them, though.

I am also interested in how Kitty would do when trying to phase against him. We know dense materials give her a lot of trouble - when Thane encased her in amber, it was pretty dense and she was left gasping for air:

https://i.postimg.cc/T1Czcj08/RCO091-1559190666.jpg

The thing with Kryptonian super breath, or at least Superman's, is that in DC, EVERYTHING, even intangible phased beings who split molecules, are still made of particles that are subject to being affected by freeze breath.

DarkSaint85
Then we have the time Shaw killed her. Does anyone know (honest q) why she didn't just phase out?

https://i.postimg.cc/02X9n15B/RCO025-1579801489.jpg

Or just not breathe? As far as I can tell, those Krakoan vines he used were nothing special.....they grew really quickly but that's it.

abhilegend
Kitty beats Phoenix, glad we all agree.

leonidas

carver9
@Leo...

https://ibb.co/3v89SkT

Adam Grimes

SquallX

GalacticStorm
And the ability to asborb the energy of God's, kill the antimoniter etc., etc.

Absorb the energy of Gods? You mean the Guardian? Cool feat. Doesnt then mean hes capable of defeating top tier cosmic beings in a forum battle where PIS is not his friend smile

A severely weakened Anti-monitor that had been attacked by the Guardians en masse and had a yellow power battery detonated in his vicinity. Lets not conveniently leave out context especially when it makes all the difference wink

GalacticStorm
The fact that this is an active and legitimate debate just proves my point. Well done to all big grin

SquallX
Absorb the energy of Gods? You mean the Guardian? Cool feat. Doesnt then mean hes capable of defeating top tier cosmic beings in a forum battle where PIS is not his friend smile

A severely weakened Anti-monitor that had been attacked by the Guardians en masse and had a yellow power battery detonated in his vicinity. Lets not conveniently leave out context especially when it makes all the difference wink

Right, anything Prime does in your book is pis, while Kitty feats are all legits.

GalacticStorm
Right, anything Prime does in your book is pis, while Kitty feats are all legits.

Your capacity to comprehend information and rules is the problem here. I don't blame you. Its just who you are. We're all different and all bring value in our own ways i guess.

Thanks for your contributions smile thumb up

SquallX
Your capacity to comprehend information and rules is the problem here. I don't blame you. Its just who you are. We're all different and all bring value in our own ways i guess.

Thanks for your contributions smile thumb up

Love the fact that wrote so much yet said nothing of worth.

Adam Grimes
The fact that this is an active and legitimate debate just proves my point. Well done to all big grin Great logic btw. thumb up

GalacticStorm
Love the fact that wrote so much yet said nothing of worth.

Again youre just demonstrating the truth in my previous comment.

If you understand what PIS means then you'll see why it applies to Superboy Prime and not Kitty Pryde.

Enjoy your day smile

DarkSaint85
The fact that this is an active and legitimate debate just proves my point. Well done to all big grin

Well your original point was:

Serious question. If they were fighting in an indestructible environment. What could Prime do against Kitty Pride? LOL laughing

And on the first page of this, we already agreed that sonics and light at the very least would affect her - guessed you answered your original question yourself:

So we have two things SBP can do. She still needs to breathe, it would appear, from the latest comics, and we are debating a 4th method, freeze breath.

Now we know she still has molecules, even when intangible - her phasing (IIRC) is just her sliding her molecules between the molecules of whatever she is phasing through.

In short, she still has molecules to affect. Which freeze breath certainly works on. Leo just doesn't remember him killing the GLs because he is old.

Old Man Whirly!

And on the first page of this, we already agreed that sonics and light at the very least would affect her - guessed you answered your original question yourself:

So we have two things SBP can do. She still needs to breathe, it would appear, from the latest comics, and we are debating a 4th method, freeze breath.

Now we know she still has molecules, even when intangible - her phasing (IIRC) is just her sliding her molecules between the molecules of whatever she is phasing through.

In short, she still has molecules to affect. Which freeze breath certainly works on. Leo just doesn't remember him killing the GLs because he is old. Obviously the old superspeed vortex would remove her breathable air, creating a vacuum. How much mass does she have phasing remember, he has microscopic vision and heat vision.

GalacticStorm

In short, she still has molecules to affect. Which freeze breath certainly works on. Leo just doesn't remember him killing the GLs because he is old.

Missing the point entirely. This is all a follow on from a number of threads.

This was never about whether he could beat Kitty Pryde. It was about highlighting the limitations of his powerset.

This thread has served its purpose thumb up

Old Man Whirly!

This was never about whether he could beat Kitty Pryde. It was about highlighting the limitations of his powerset.

This thread has served its purpose thumb up I honestly don't think it has GS, perhaps I should make a poll.

DarkSaint85

This thread has served its purpose thumb up

Well your point was:

This brute doesnt even have the power set to take out Kitty Pryde laughing

Whats he gonna do? eek!

Looks like he does, and I guess the point of this thread was to educate you smile

GalacticStorm
I honestly don't think it has GS, perhaps I should make a poll.

Go for it. Wouldnt stop me and a number of others from being able to counter all comers in SBP vs a high tier cosmic thread smile

The fact that this guy who is being pitted against cosmic beings has to have people thinking outside of the box and doing all kinds of exotic applications of power to the scenery/environment in order to take out a minor x-man demonstrates perfectly his limitations.

Hes a brick with a limited and uncontrolled ability to create random changes to reality but only through making physical contact with a punch.

Good luck retconning Kitty eek! laughing out loud

carver9
Squall,

Why are you so defensive? The scan I posted was to back Prime. Yes, his cold breath went through their shields. They are rookie GLs though but it's still a good ft.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by carver9
Squall,

Why are you so defensive? The scan I posted was to back Prime. Yes, his cold breath went through their shields. They are rookie GLs though but it's still a good ft.

Dont take it personally. Ive come for their god so theyve been irrational and overly sensitive for days.

Itll pass smile

DarkSaint85
Go for it. Wouldnt stop me and a number of others from being able to counter all comers in SBP vs a high tier cosmic thread smile

The fact that this guy who is being pitted against cosmic beings has to have people thinking outside of the box and doing all kinds of exotic applications of power to the scenery/environment in order to take out a minor x-man demonstrates perfectly his limitations.

Hes a brick with a limited and uncontrolled ability to create random changes to reality but only through making physical contact with a punch.

Good luck retconning Kitty eek! laughing out loud

But didn't Prime escape from the Speed Force, with enough precision to only arrive back a week after he left? That's...pretty good going in terms of just 'punching things'.

He also escaped from the Phantom Zone, through punching, which is.....precisely what he wanted to do, and was able to control that.

I wouldn't say using HV and cold breath, or simply just shouting (lol) as 'exotic' applications of the Kryptonian powerset. I mean, it isn't as if we are arguing he uses his HV to create antiparticle/particle pairs or cancel vibrations with a whistle or anything 'exotic' like that.

The superspeed vaccuum is literally just him flying fast, lol. I can achieve the same in my car with the windows down.

Old Man Whirly!

Good luck retconning Kitty eek! laughing out loud GS, I have explained this to you a million times over the decades. What happens in any story is dependent on the writer. Arguing anything here is completely subjective.

carver9
Dont take it personally. Ive come for their god so theyve been irrational and overly sensitive for days.

Itll pass smile

Lol... you are a brave man, fighting a gang of Super fanatics on your own.

Old Man Whirly!
Lol... you are a brave man, fighting a gang of Super fanatics on your own. GS has always been brave... I am very fond of him, even though he is usually wrong.

GalacticStorm
GS, I have explained this to you a million times over the decades. What happens in any story is dependent on the writer. Arguing anything here is completely subjective.

Of course its subjective, but a forum battle is a completely different medium where we're hypothesizing based on canon facts established about characters. PIS and officially uncomfirmed fan interpretations whilst interesting to hear hold no weight here.

GalacticStorm
GS has always been brave... I am very fond of him, even though he is usually wrong.

big grin

Old Man Whirly!
Of course its subjective, but a forum battle is a completely different medium where we're hypothesizing based on canon facts established about characters. PIS and officially uncomfirmed fan interpretations whilst interesting to hear hold no weight here. GS, SBP doesn't have to punch kitty to alter reality the waves will ripple whatever he strikes. This statement is true and means he can simply change a Universe in a forum battle.

GalacticStorm
Lol... you are a brave man, fighting a gang of Super fanatics on your own.

Others have been chipping in here and there. But it doesnt faze me. As long as im talking canon and theyre talking fan-fiction i can take on a horde of these Super-Friends. wink

Old Man Whirly!
Others have been chipping in here and there. But it doesnt faze me. As long as im talking canon and theyre talking fan-fiction i can take on a horde of these Super-Friends. wink Fan fiction/ Super friends... that did make me laugh GS. smile

GalacticStorm
GS, SBP doesn't have to punch kitty to alter reality the waves will ripple whatever he strikes. This statement is true and means he can simply change a Universe in a forum battle.

Not true. He has to make a solid connection with something and he doesnt know what hes doing, he is unable to trigger specific intended effects. He just punches and sometimes things happen, sometimes they dont.

To make universal alterations he has only done that whilst punching something thats universally significant

Old Man Whirly!
Not true. He has to make a solid connection with something and he doesnt know what hes doing, he is unable to trigger specific intended effects. He just punches and sometimes things happen, sometimes they dont.

To make universal alterations he has only done that whilst punching something thats universally significant He can make a solid connection with anything and it will ripple. He punches Phoenix, she becomes a chicken and Kitty an Egg.

DarkSaint85

To make universal alterations he has only done that whilst punching something thats universally significant

But he broke through the Phantom Zone, which iirc isn't a 'solid' barrier to make a connection with.

Neither is the Speed Force barrier (despite it's name) a 'physical' barrier to make connection with.

Nor is the 5th dimension, when he went to grab Mxy.

Old Man Whirly!
But he broke through the Phantom Zone, which iirc isn't a 'solid' barrier to make a connection with.

Neither is the Speed Force barrier (despite it's name) a 'physical' barrier to make connection with.

Nor is the 5th dimension, when he went to grab Mxy. Pretty much!

GalacticStorm

Nor is the 5th dimension, when he went to grab Mxy.

And how exactly did he do those things? Have you got a defined ability you can categorize those under so you can bring it to the table in a forum match up? confused

DarkSaint85
By simply punching.

Old Man Whirly!
By simply punching. smile /end thread

GalacticStorm
By simply punching.

Forgive me if im wrong (unlikely) but its never been revealed how SBP broke out of the Speed Force. So asserting that it was by "punching" whilst plausible given how hes written isnt actually a canon fact is it? confused

So its the equivalent of referencing Squirrel Girls defeat of Thanos as a way to amp up her in the hierarchy without actually having a referenceable method/power for how it was done.

Furthermore, as for Superboy Prime breaking out of the Phantom Zone, the Phantom Zone has gone through numerous revisions throughout DC continuity with its appearance and demonstrated characteristics varying throughout.

See this very useful site:

https://ifanboy.com/articles/dc-histories-the-phantom-zone/

In Teen Titans v3 issue 32 a Phantom Zone arrow was used to teleport SBP into the Phantom Zone. Said attack left a breachable viewpoint with physical characteristics through which SBP could see back into normal reality and the heroes could see him.

Note that SBP was able to press his fingers against this physical viewpoint:

https://imgur.com/2AJA2sb

https://imgur.com/YoB5hfk

Through a punch he was then able to shatter it due to its physicality.

SBP is not the only person in DC continuity to be able to breach through such a viewpoint and demonstrate its physicality:

Notice the stretching dimensional membrane as the criminal reaches through

https://imgur.com/a01mx8z

Notice how the struggle between Krypto and the criminals cause the viewpoint to shatter with physicality:

https://imgur.com/KGMoU5e

As demonstrated the Phantom Zone technology creates a two-way viewpoint from which both sides can view each other. A viewpoint with physicality that can and has been breached by Kryptonians other than SBP.

SBP breaching it cannot be argued to be an ability unique to him.

Unfortunately for the fans out there its a rather more grounded and boring explanation. Its just down to the Phantom Zone technology and the physical characteristics of the dimensional viewpoint which allowed this brick to punch through.

Case dismissed.

Come again SuperFriends smile

GalacticStorm
smile /end thread

wink

GalacticStorm
Line up! Line up! giljotiini

laughing

DarkSaint85
Forgive me if im wrong (unlikely) but its never been revealed how SBP broke out of the Speed Force. So asserting that it was by "punching" whilst plausible given how hes written isnt actually a canon fact is it? confused

So its the equivalent of referencing Squirrel Girls defeat of Thanos as a way to amp up her in the hierarchy without actually having a referenceable method/power for how it was done.

Furthermore, as for Superboy Prime breaking out of the Phantom Zone, the Phantom Zone has gone through numerous revisions throughout DC continuity with its appearance and demonstrated characteristics varying throughout.

See this very useful site:

https://ifanboy.com/articles/dc-histories-the-phantom-zone/

In Teen Titans v3 issue 32 a Phantom Zone arrow was used to teleport SBP into the Phantom Zone. Said attack left a breachable viewpoint with physical characteristics through which SBP could see back into normal reality and the heroes could see him.

Note that SBP was able to press his fingers against this physical viewpoint:

https://imgur.com/2AJA2sb

https://imgur.com/YoB5hfk

Through a punch he was then able to shatter it due to its physicality.

SBP is not the only person in DC continuity to be able to breach through such a viewpoint and demonstrate its physicality:

Notice the stretching dimensional membrane as the criminal reaches through

https://imgur.com/a01mx8z

Notice how the struggle between Krypto and the criminals cause the viewpoint to shatter with physicality:

https://imgur.com/KGMoU5e

As demonstrated the Phantom Zone technology creates a two-way viewpoint from which both sides can view each other. A viewpoint with physicality that can and has been breached by Kryptonians other than SBP.

SBP breaching it cannot be argued to be an ability unique to him.

Unfortunately for the fans out there its a rather more grounded and boring explanation. Its just down to the Phantom Zone technology and the physical characteristics of the dimensional viewpoint which allowed this brick to punch through.

Case dismissed.

Come again SuperFriends smile

So to paraphrase your post back at you, come back when you have actual canon proof, and not your head canon and thread linking smile

GalacticStorm
So to paraphrase your post back at you, come back when you have actual canon proof, and not your head canon and thread linking smile

Ive just proved conclusively that the Phantom Zone tech creates a viewpoint with demonstrated physicality.

Ive proved conclusively that it can and has been breached by other characters.

Its your burden of responsibility to prove that without that portal viewpoint, if after he was sent to the Phantom Zone the portal just closed behind him and he was out of sight, that he couldve punched his way back.

I'll wait smile

GalacticStorm
Superfriend to the left bash
Superfriend to the right 2guns

laughing

DarkSaint85
All you proved in the scan with SBP was that he could physically press his fingers against it.

Which....I mean, we all agreed on that he could physically touch it. That's how he punched out of it.

You also forgot to mention Mxy, I wonder why that was laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
But back to the thread at hand. What's stopping SBP from simply....hovering 10m above the ground lol. Kitty would NEVER be able to reach him laughing out loud

cdtm
Kitty is lighter then air because she can "phase" through it, effectively flying.

I'm making that up, but I just know someone will bring up a bs application.

*One google search later*

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr.com/x-men-shadowcat-kitty-pryde-powers-creative-uses/amp/

Well shit.

You'd think she'd drop like a stone, instead of flying up. Or just float in place, if she phases through all physical forces of the universe.

And how does she even breath?

Diesldude
Superfriend to the left bash
Superfriend to the right 2guns

laughing

Did you answer who won in this thread?

If you have not, then tell us who you think wins? Simple question, Prime or kitty?

celeyhyga17
Always thought he had to punch something "solid" or "punchable". Not sure how he got out of speed force, but most likely he punched something based on the other times he's escaped a place.
I dont think he just punches air to effect change, be it escaping a dimension or affecting reality.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Always thought he had to punch something "solid" or "punchable". Not sure how he got out of speed force, but most likely he punched something based on the other times he's escaped a place.
I dont think he just punches air to effect change, be it escaping a dimension or affecting reality.

This!!!

xJLxKing

But only he did was punch and he broke through the 5th dimension

GalacticStorm
All you proved in the scan with SBP was that he could physically press his fingers against it.

Which....I mean, we all agreed on that he could physically touch it. That's how he punched out of it.

You also forgot to mention Mxy, I wonder why that was laughing out loud

We all agreed that he could touch it? Please reconcile that with your previous comment "But he broke through the Phantom Zone, which iirc isn't a 'solid' barrier to make a connection with." confused

As for Mxy. That incident shows that Superboy was responsible for abducting Mxy but never gave confirmation of how. So without knowing how whilst we can theorize, we cant assert a particular method as canon.

But given hes known for punching till he gets what he wants, that would be a believable interpretation. smile

GalacticStorm

thumb up

GalacticStorm
But back to the thread at hand. What's stopping SBP from simply....hovering 10m above the ground lol. Kitty would NEVER be able to reach him laughing out loud

https://imgur.com/iRcr4zK

smile

GalacticStorm
So its confirmed on panel that SBP was able to access the 5th dimension via the Guardian powerup:

https://imgur.com/lPWOqup

whistle

DarkSaint85
We all agreed that he could touch it? Please reconcile that with your previous comment "But he broke through the Phantom Zone, which iirc isn't a 'solid' barrier to make a connection with." confused

As for Mxy. That incident shows that Superboy was responsible for abducting Mxy but never gave confirmation of how. So without knowing how whilst we can theorize, we cant assert a particular method as canon.

But given hes known for punching till he gets what he wants, that would be a believable interpretation. smile

It's easy to reconcile.

Superboy can punch through things which are intangible.

DarkSaint85
https://imgur.com/iRcr4zK

smile

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/de/ff/4e/deff4ee370f3b165e9492c482ed8d38e.jpg

I was hoping someone would post that scan. Little did I know it would be yo-, nah, I assumed it would be you in your eagerness.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/10/107222/2068316-xmen14905a.jpg

If ONLY Superboy used his powers in an exotic fashion, and....blew

wink

GalacticStorm

I was hoping someone would post that scan. Little did I know it would be yo-, nah, I assumed it would be you in your eagerness.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/10/107222/2068316-xmen14905a.jpg

wink

Your claim was Kitty cant reach SBP if hes 10metres above her.

You were incorrect.

You dont have the foresight or grasp of the bigger picture to set traps.

The debunking of your assertion had you scrambling around the internet looking up Kittys powers. laughing

GalacticStorm
It's easy to reconcile.

Superboy can punch through things which are intangible.

That doesnt reconcile it at all as your point was with regards to the Phantom Zone. I debunked that.

With regards to the 5th dimension that was achieved through his Guardian powerup as stated on panel.

Back to the drawing board smile

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by xJLxKing
But only he did was punch and he broke through the 5th dimension
Oh did he? Didnt know. Scans?

GalacticStorm
Oh did he? Didnt know. Scans?

Via his temporary Guardian powerup as confirmed by Mxy in Countdown issue 23 smile

celeyhyga17
Oh that i know. Was wondering if it was ever shown how he went in and out of it.

-Pr-
Versions of Superman can punch anything. That's pretty much his thing. I know it sounds like a no-limits fallacy, but DC did it first so why ****ing not.

KC Superman punched lightning once. ****ing lightning.

DarkSaint85
Your claim was Kitty cant reach SBP if hes 10metres above her.

You were incorrect.

You dont have the foresight or grasp of the bigger picture to set traps.

The debunking of your assertion had you scrambling around the internet looking up Kittys powers. laughing

Eh?

I talked about and referenced the Storm scan nearly a year ago:

Erm.....yeah he will deafen her. Cancel her vibrations out with whistling. Disrupt her concentration. Sonics still work on her. Storm disrupted her concentration with thunder.

So as OP said Superman is allowed to defend himself, no, she can't.

I know a lot about Shadowcat and what defeats her, lol no scrambling needed.

Yet another point of yours, debunked.

And I clearly knew about how she walks on air, lol - your problem is KMC's search function, which is not your friend laughing out loud

Let me ask the handsomest, smartest poster how Kitty walks on air:

Which she does by walking ON air molecules to support herself (stupid, I know)

https://i.postimg.cc/X7h7Y9BB/RCO014-1469325244.jpg

I do like how you confidently assert there was no trap, though - you keep telling yourself that stick out tongue

Back to the thread, if Kitty tries to walk up to SBP, he freezes her.

GalacticStorm
Eh?

I talked about and referenced the Storm scan nearly a year ago:

I know a lot about Shadowcat and what defeats her, lol no scrambling needed.

Yet another point of yours, debunked.

And I clearly knew about how she walks on air, lol - your problem is KMC's search function, which is not your friend laughing out loud

Let me ask the handsomest, smartest poster how Kitty walks on air:

I do like how you confidently assert there was no trap, though - you keep telling yourself that stick out tongue

Back to the thread, if Kitty tries to walk up to SBP, he freezes her.

In that case nicely done smile

and yet this "trap" hasnt helped your overall case at all or stopped me from highlighting the limits of Superboy Primes powerset in comparison to top tier entities.

So futile effort all around. Was worth a shot though. thumb up

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by -Pr-
Versions of Superman can punch anything. That's pretty much his thing. I know it sounds like a no-limits fallacy, but DC did it first so why ****ing not.

KC Superman punched lightning once. ****ing lightning.

Lightning is physical.

If it hits a suitably non conductive element it will just impact instead of being conducted.

I guess Kryptonians are non conductive bricks then. smile

-Pr-
Lightning is physical.

If it hits a suitably non conductive element it will just impact instead of being conducted.

I guess Kryptonians are non conductive bricks then. smile

It's still stupid that he's punching lightning the way he did.

Not Kryptonians, though. Superman. Superman isn't an average Kryptonian. Superman (and his versions) is whatever DC wants him to be. Which means if he (or Prime or Earth 2 or whatever) wanted to, he'd just pull some vibration bullshit or freeze breath trick out of his hat and Kitty would be screwed.

GalacticStorm

Not Kryptonians, though. Superman. Superman isn't an average Kryptonian. Superman (and his versions) is whatever DC wants him to be. Which means if he (or Prime or Earth 2 or whatever) wanted to, he'd just pull some vibration bullshit or freeze breath trick out of his hat and Kitty would be screwed.

Maybe in the comics, but we're debating canon/demonstrated abilities here so this medium avoids such nonsense fortunately.

-Pr-
Maybe in the comics, but we're debating canon/demonstrated abilities here so this medium avoids such nonsense fortunately.

If DC hadn't infested the comics with that kind of shit, I'd agree with you.

KC Superman punched magical lightning, forcing it to arc and stirke Gog in the shoulder.

Superboy Prime seems to just punch his way out of everything, no matter what it's made of or what it is.

Normal Superman... I'm not even going to start with him because it's a nightmare.

I'm not saying that he's guaranteed to figure out a way to hurt Kitty. What I am saying, is that trying to classify Superman's powers and the applications of them is a fool's errand. He's too ridiculous.

xJLxKing

GalacticStorm
If DC hadn't infested the comics with that kind of shit, I'd agree with you.

KC Superman punched magical lightning, forcing it to arc and stirke Gog in the shoulder.

Superboy Prime seems to just punch his way out of everything, no matter what it's made of or what it is.

Normal Superman... I'm not even going to start with him because it's a nightmare.

I'm not saying that he's guaranteed to figure out a way to hurt Kitty. What I am saying, is that trying to classify Superman's powers and the applications of them is a fool's errand. He's too ridiculous.

Superboy Prime unfortunately doesnt have as much luck with magic lightning sad

https://imgur.com/Vaf3X0S

The main point of this thread is less about who would win and instead highlighting what he would have to resort to in order to actually take her out.

The limits of a brick smile

GalacticStorm
Oh that i know. Was wondering if it was ever shown how he went in and out of it.

It was never shown sad

https://imgur.com/LzjlfZx

Diesldude
Originally posted by Diesldude
Did you answer who won in this thread?

If you have not, then tell us who you think wins? Simple question, Prime or kitty? run boy run.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Diesldude
run boy run.

When your last hope of saving face is in pressing me to acknowledge a victory for Prime against Kitty Pryde! eek!

Oh how the mighty have fallen! laughing

All in a good days work smokin'

SquallX
Superboy Prime unfortunately doesnt have as much luck with magic lightning sad

https://imgur.com/Vaf3X0S

The main point of this thread is less about who would win and instead highlighting what he would have to resort to in order to actually take her out.

The limits of a brick smile

Yep, use a low showing for Prime to downplay him.

Prime has had 3 low showings in his post Crisis reintroduction.
1. Not killing Conner and Krypto
2. Losing to the Titans brand to the ending of Post Crisis and beginning of the New 52.
3. Losing to Shazam and Adam.

Know what, I take #3 back. This Shazam if he is still the same Shazam from JL, he was powered up by atelast Trans level being. This. Shazam if they are still the same defeated Yuga Khan of all people by himself.

So congrats.

Philosophía

wink lmao

These latest threads are golden. It's like bukkake, only with people taking turns with comics stuff.

SquallX

xJLxKing

2. Losing to the Titans brand to the ending of Post Crisis and beginning of the New 52.

Know what, I take #3 back. This Shazam if he is still the same Shazam from JL, he was powered up by atelast Trans level being. This. Shazam if they are still the same defeated Yuga Khan of all people by himself.

So congrats.
Shazam was cancelled
The issue was probably written before the cancellation but we will never know

Anyways, he has a few low showing. Everything else is insane

Diesldude
When your last hope of saving face is in pressing me to acknowledge a victory for Prime against Kitty Pryde! eek!

Oh how the mighty have fallen! laughing

All in a good days work smokin'

Smh well this thread is about prime vs kitty no? Instead of derailing the thread by running why not just tell us who you think wins. Not that I care about your opinion, but this is about prime vs kitty no? So who wins?

Booya_69

Galan007

So congrats. The showing against Shazam and BA is dubious for reasons I have detailed in other threads.

-Pr-

JBL

Not Kryptonians, though. Superman. Superman isn't an average Kryptonian. Superman (and his versions) is whatever DC wants him to be. Which means if he (or Prime or Earth 2 or whatever) wanted to, he'd just pull some vibration bullshit or freeze breath trick out of his hat and Kitty would be screwed. This is a battle board, not DC. NONE of them gets to pull anything out of their hats here so that they are ALLOWED to win for the sake of a story. None of them have writers help here.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
This is a battle board, not DC. NONE of them gets to pull anything out of their hats here so that they are ALLOWED to win for the sake of a story. None of them have writers help here.

None of what you said is relevant to my post at all. Nor does it take in to account what I said 1-2 posts later.

GalacticStorm
Calling Superman a limited brick is beneath someone that has as much comic knowledge as you.

And that's a bad example, to be fair.

Yup.

A lack of objectivity is what would be beneath me.

As it stands it doesnt matter if writers have a tendency for making Superboy do increasingly loony things. We cannot take that precedent and then enshrine him in a no limits fallacy. Thats not how it works here.

In the forum we discuss a hypothetical battle between characters considering canon established feats and powerset only whilst removing PIS as a factor. When he does a crazy feat, we discuss said crazy feat. We dont make him unlimited because of your opinion on how far writers are willing to go with him in future unpublished stories. That fallacy is something thats beneath you erm

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by JBL
This is a battle board, not DC. NONE of them gets to pull anything out of their hats here so that they are ALLOWED to win for the sake of a story. None of them have writers help here.

PREACH! clapping

h1a8
But cold affect her right?
And freezing things is always done on an atomic level.

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
The showing against Shazam and BA is dubious for reasons I have detailed in other threads.

Like laughing off BA's lightning in Infinite Crisis, or Mordru's magic in Legion of Three Worlds.

When did that awful showing happen?

Diesldude
Originally posted by cdtm
Like laughing off BA's lightning in Infinite Crisis, or Mordru's magic in Legion of Three Worlds.

When did that awful showing happen? it was his return from escaping wherever he was locked up in.

Seems like he was drained.

SquallX
Originally posted by cdtm

When did that awful showing happen?

He also failed to mention that this Shazam is powered by the Old Gods themselves.

-Pr-
A lack of objectivity is what would be beneath me.

As it stands it doesnt matter if writers have a tendency for making Superboy do increasingly loony things. We cannot take that precedent and then enshrine him in a no limits fallacy. Thats not how it works here.

In the forum we discuss a hypothetical battle between characters considering canon established feats and powerset only whilst removing PIS as a factor. When he does a crazy feat, we discuss said crazy feat. We dont make him unlimited because of your opinion on how far writers are willing to go with him in future unpublished stories. That fallacy is something thats beneath you erm

I didn't say he's unlimited, though. I said DC has ****ed with the character(s) enough that trying to classify them is pointless. You're trying to shove a square peg in to a round hole.

You're the one that said limited brick, not me, remember?

GalacticStorm
I didn't say he's unlimited, though. I said DC has ****ed with the character(s) enough that trying to classify them is pointless. You're trying to shove a square peg in to a round hole.

You're the one that said limited brick, not me, remember?

Regardless of the writers treatment of the character we still have canon, demonstrated feats and exploitable weaknesses to work with so writer lunacy is thankfully a non factor here.

Youve taken my comment about him being a brick completely out of context. In comparison to the kind of characters the more fanatical on here are asserting he's greater than, characters with energy, matter, chronal and reality manipulation at their disposal, SBP is a brick comparatively. There are no two ways about it smile

-Pr-
Regardless of the writers treatment of the character we still have canon, demonstrated feats and exploitable weaknesses to work with so writer lunacy is thankfully a non factor here.

Youve taken my comment about him being a brick completely out of context. In comparison to the kind of characters the more fanatical on here are asserting he's greater than, characters with energy, matter, chronal and reality manipulation at their disposal, SBP is a brick comparatively. There are no two ways about it smile

It's not a non-factor when it's been introduced in to the comics themselves. That's all I've been trying to say. DC has abandoned any pretense of Superman characters being tough, strong heralds. He's basically a joke character now.

Maybe your context should have been better, then. hmph

But yes, people tend to ignore the more abstract characters when talking about power because threads containing them tend to be pointless.

DarkSaint85
https://i.postimg.cc/fWYwMC6b/16-8.jpg

Delta1938
So GS was just salty people were voting against his preferred characters.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Delta1938
So GS was just salty people were voting against his preferred characters. his arguments got thoroughly dismantled. Instead of admitting defeat or even argue in good faith he decided to flee. Never did answer who wins this thread. Hmmm wonder why.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.