Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance re-release

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
The original PS2/Xbox era game is coming to the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Switch on May 7th

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/05/06/baldurs-gate-dark-alliance-is-coming-to-ps5-xbox-series-x-ps4-xbox-one-and-switch

didn't even know about this

Seems like the Switch version got delayed at the last minute

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-05-08-baldurs-gate-dark-alliance-re-release-on-nintendo-switch-delayed-at-the-last-minute

rwyk7AFLcFM

StyleTime
Nice. My friend and I had a blast with this back in the day. One of the best couch co-op games around then. It was my first experience with the D&D game, and I loved it. It was a bit of a departure from other titles though, as I understand it.

I wonder if they are testing the waters for interest in a third game, since development was cancelled on Dark Alliance 3 after the developer went bankrupt.

cdtm
That reminds me, I should play Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny..

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by cdtm
I should play Pillars of Eternity Me tree.

Kazenji
The pricing for this game is bs for my region

for a game that's a 10+ year old game and only supports 4k resolution, Charging $44.95 erm

StyleTime
That's rough. It's 30$ here.

Which I still question to be honest. I wonder how many folks are willing to play it, but not at that price point? This is a 20 year old game, after all.

They're saying Dark Alliance 2 re-release is on the table too, I assuming based on how well this does.

cdtm
Pheonix Wright games are pretty expensive, and people buy them.

I got mine. Twice in fact, one on IPad the other on Steam.

StyleTime
Yeah, but those are the recent installments.

For 30$, you can get the Phoenix Wright trilogy. That's the first three Phoenix Wright games for the price of Dark Alliance alone.

30$ starts to get into that "premium" indie title pricing bracket. Shantae and The Seven Sirens, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Spiritfarer and such.

I'd love to be wrong, so we can get Dark Alliance 3, but I don't think the game has that kind of fanbase.

cdtm
Originally posted by StyleTime
Yeah, but those are the recent installments.

For 30$, you can get the Phoenix Wright trilogy. That's the first three Phoenix Wright games for the price of Dark Alliance alone.

30$ starts to get into that "premium" indie title pricing bracket. Shantae and The Seven Sirens, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Spiritfarer and such.

I'd love to be wrong, so we can get Dark Alliance 3, but I don't think the game has that kind of fanbase.

And Shovel Knight.

Which I love enough to have spent 20 bucks on. Think a 30-25 buck sale would have priced me out.

Yeah, its only 5-10 more dollars, but you've got to draw the line somewhere.

Kazenji
This game is also coming to the PC later this year

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/baldurs-gate-dark-alliance-is-coming-to-pc-later-this-year/

hoping its cheaper for me on PC.

cdtm
Originally posted by Kazenji
This game is also coming to the PC later this year

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/baldurs-gate-dark-alliance-is-coming-to-pc-later-this-year/

hoping its cheaper for me on PC.

Get Dungeo Siege 3, its a better BGDA and relatively inexpensive.

Kazenji
Get Dungeo Siege 3, its a better BGDA and relatively inexpensive.

Meh...wasn't a fan of the first one, Unless they've made it better since then.

cdtm
Originally posted by Kazenji
Meh...wasn't a fan of the first one, Unless they've made it better since then.

Oh yes, drastic changes. Like a different game entirely.

Check out some gameplay videos.

Only thing it fails st is coop, because it locks you both onto the same screen. Imagine trying to take your fights into a skirmish while your partner is trying to kite a group of mobs.

Kazenji
Oh yes, drastic changes. Like a different game entirely.

Check out some gameplay videos.

Only thing it fails st is coop, because it locks you both onto the same screen. Imagine trying to take your fights into a skirmish while your partner is trying to kite a group of mobs.

All i see on Steam is people bitching about the camera system and it has negative reviews, But i've learnt at this point to ignore steam reviews. When its so easy for people to review bomb other games.

StyleTime
So, this is a bit confusing...

Dungeons and Dragons: Dark Alliance is also a brand new, spiritual successor Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Coming in June.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/dungeons-dragons-dark-alliance-coming-to-xbox-game-pass-at-launch/ar-BB1gHCri

It's going to be more expensive, but looks pretty good from what I've seen. It features Drizzt, Catti-brie, Bruenor, and Wulfgar as the characters. I don't follow D&D, but those are some well known characters to my understanding.

And it will actually have online co-op, something which they didn't include in the re-release for Baldur's Gate. That blows my mind quite frankly. At this point, it kinda just makes more sense to wait for the new one, no?

Granted, I used the sorceress in Baldur's Gate, and there seems to be no magic class in the upcoming one. That sucks.

Jmanghan
So, this is a bit confusing...

Dungeons and Dragons: Dark Alliance is also a brand new, spiritual successor Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Coming in June.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/dungeons-dragons-dark-alliance-coming-to-xbox-game-pass-at-launch/ar-BB1gHCri

It's going to be more expensive, but looks pretty good from what I've seen. It features Drizzt, Catti-brie, Bruenor, and Wulfgar as the characters. I don't follow D&D, but those are some well known characters to my understanding.

And it will actually have online co-op, something which they didn't include in the re-release for Baldur's Gate. That blows my mind quite frankly. At this point, it kinda just makes more sense to wait for the new one, no?

Granted, I used the sorceress in Baldur's Gate, and there seems to be no magic class in the upcoming one. That sucks.

Drizzt is playable in Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance as well.

StyleTime
The more I think on it, that's a really obnoxious move from them.

How the flying **** is there no magic class? It's a fantasy dungeon crawler rpg. Like....wut?
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Drizzt is playable in Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance as well.
True. It seems you have to go through a lot to actually unlock him for the main game though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.