Order these guys by striking

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumbleServant
Giant Man
Hulk
Thor With Mjolnir
Kurse

FrothByte
Is Thor allowed to amp his strike with lightning? If so it will be a choice between Thor and Giant Man for first place, followed by Hulk then Kurse.

If Thor isn't allowed to amp, it will be:

1. Giant Man
2. Hulk
3. Thor
4. Kurse

And the only reason Kurse is so low is because we don't really have that much feats for him as far as pure striking strength goes. I'm tempted to place him above Hulk except that he doesn't have any feats to match the Leviathan punch.

riv6672
Thor w. Hammer
Hulk
Giant man
Kurse

HumbleServant
Originally posted by FrothByte
Is Thor allowed to amp his strike with lightning? If so it will be a choice between Thor and Giant Man for first place, followed by Hulk then Kurse.

If Thor isn't allowed to amp, it will be:

1. Giant Man
2. Hulk
3. Thor
4. Kurse

And the only reason Kurse is so low is because we don't really have that much feats for him as far as pure striking strength goes. I'm tempted to place him above Hulk except that he doesn't have any feats to match the Leviathan punch. Yes Thor can amp his strikes

KingD19
Even amping with Mjolnir I'd put Scott first. He easily punched out a Leviathan and squished Cull Obsidian. Thor wouldn't hit harder, he'd just have lightning coming out of the hammer on top of the physical force.

Robtard
As of Endgame:

Thor
Giant Man
Hulk
Kurse

FrothByte
Originally posted by HumbleServant
Yes Thor can amp his strikes

Then the ranking will be:

1. Thor
2. Giant Man
3. Hulk
4. Kurse

As impressive as Giantman punching that leviathan was, I don't quite see him being able to match the destructive AOE's of Thor when he amps his shots.

h1a8
You guys think Thor can physically strike harder than kurse?

h1a8
Then the ranking will be:

1. Thor
2. Giant Man
3. Hulk
4. Kurse

As impressive as Giantman punching that leviathan was, I don't quite see him being able to match the destructive AOE's of Thor when he amps his shots. Giantman punching leviathan? You mean antman as a giant?

StiltmanFTW
Your mother should have had an abortion, h1.

Psychotron
Why is everyone putting Kurse below Hulk? Hulk has never manhandled Thor the way Kurse did or swatted Mjolnir away like a paper plane.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
Why is everyone putting Kurse below Hulk? Hulk has never manhandled Thor the way Kurse did or swatted Mjolnir away like a paper plane.

Because those can easily be attributed to skill, speed or agility. On the other hand, Kurse doesn't have a single feat to compare to the leviathan or Surtur punch.

h1a8
Because those can easily be attributed to skill, speed or agility. On the other hand, Kurse doesn't have a single feat to compare to the leviathan or Surtur punch. The Surtur punch was weak. Hulk's weight and downward momentum did most of the work. Since follow up punches didn't make Surtur flinch in the slightest.

The leviathan punch was weak AF too.
The punch did almost nothing to the leviathan. 99% of the feat is Hulk pushing the leviathan by bracing after the initial punch. Guess what? That still didn't completely stop its momentum (just redirected it).

Lol at agility and skill having anything to do with casual back smacking Mjolnir away.

Speed is a huge factor of striking power.

h1a8
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
My mother should have had an abortion, before having me.

I agree. The world would be a much better place.

Psychotron
Because those can easily be attributed to skill, speed or agility. On the other hand, Kurse doesn't have a single feat to compare to the leviathan or Surtur punch.

Kurse was clearly not faster or more agile and never desplayed any particular H2H skill. Swatting Mjolnir away is a better striking feat than anything Hulk has done tbh.

FrothByte
Kurse was clearly not faster or more agile and never desplayed any particular H2H skill. Swatting Mjolnir away is a better striking feat than anything Hulk has done tbh.

Thor could usually dance around Hulk and avoid majority of his hits. He couldn't do so against Kurse. Kurse was able to block and even dodge Thor's blows. That shows both skill and speed. Kurse was even able to hit Thor despite his back being turned when Thor tried to bullrush him.

He also slapped Mjolnir to redirect its path. He didn't punch it head on to stop its momentum like Hulk did to the Leviathan.

Psychotron
Thor could usually dance around Hulk and avoid majority of his hits. He couldn't do so against Kurse. Kurse was able to block and even dodge Thor's blows. That shows both skill and speed. Kurse was even able to hit Thor despite his back being turned when Thor tried to bullrush him.

He also slapped Mjolnir to redirect its path. He didn't punch it head on to stop its momentum like Hulk did to the Leviathan.

Kurse didn't really give Thor a chance to do anything by overwhelming him from the start with his superior physical power, but yes, Kurse is probably more skilled than Hulk because he's not a retarded rage monster. He didn't use much skill against Thor, however.

Slapping Mjolnir away is a much better feat. When Thor threw Mjolnir at Hulk he was completely overpowered and sent flying with the mallet.

KingD19
Kurse didn't really give Thor a chance to do anything by overwhelming him from the start with his superior physical power, but yes, Kurse is probably more skilled than Hulk because he's not a retarded rage monster. He didn't use much skill against Thor, however.

Slapping Mjolnir away is a much better feat. When Thor threw Mjolnir at Hulk he was completely overpowered and sent flying with the mallet.

Hulk tried to catch it, which put the enchantment on him and he wasn't deemed worthy. Kurse hit it though with a close fist/backhand so he just hit a really tough flying hammer.

FrothByte

Rewatch the Kurse vs. Thor fight. Kurse backfists Thor as Thor charges him from the back. Then Kurse blocks and catches Thor's first punch in mid air. At some point after Thor knocks Kurse back with a punch, Kurse ducks underneath Thor's follow-up punch with a bob and weave and lateral movement that would make Mike Tyson proud.

All of these take skill, precision, and very fast reflexes, especially considering that Thor is pretty skilled himself. Which makes Kurse a lot more skilled than Hulk who has trouble even hitting Thor, nevermind actually avoiding hits from Thor.

As for Mjolnir, Hulk grabbed Mjolnir and tried to wield it. He failed because he wasn't worthy. Kurse never tried to wield Mjolnir, simply slapped it away to redirect its trajectory. And slapping away a 50 pound hammer is nowhere close to requiring the same striking power as stopping a leviathan with a single direct punch.

KingD19
The same thing that happened to Hulk happened to Quicksilver in Age of Ultron. He wasn't worthy and got snatched in slow-motion. So that's proof strength doesn't matter when it comes to the worthy enchantment. And also proof that the Kurse swipe can't be compared because he didn't grab the hammer.

riv6672
thumb down

thumb down

As for Mjolnir, Hulk grabbed Mjolnir and tried to wield it. He failed because he wasn't worthy. Kurse never tried to wield Mjolnir, simply slapped it away to redirect its trajectory. And slapping away a 50 pound hammer is nowhere close to requiring the same striking power as stopping a leviathan with a single direct punch.
thumb up

Originally posted by KingD19
The same thing that happened to Hulk happened to Quicksilver in Age of Ultron. He wasn't worthy and got snatched in slow-motion. So that's proof strength doesn't matter when it comes to the worthy enchantment. And also proof that the Kurse swipe can't be compared because he didn't grab the hammer.
thumb up

Psychotron
Rewatch the Kurse vs. Thor fight. Kurse backfists Thor as Thor charges him from the back. Then Kurse blocks and catches Thor's first punch in mid air. At some point after Thor knocks Kurse back with a punch, Kurse ducks underneath Thor's follow-up punch with a bob and weave and lateral movement that would make Mike Tyson proud.

All of these take skill, precision, and very fast reflexes, especially considering that Thor is pretty skilled himself. Which makes Kurse a lot more skilled than Hulk who has trouble even hitting Thor, nevermind actually avoiding hits from Thor.

I did. If you thank that's some bedazzling display of skill you need to watch more combat sports. Comaping Kurse's slow ass to Mike Tyson is just sacrilege. And by the way, backfisting a charging Thor shows a massive strength difference.

Mjolnir flies with a lot more force than you give it credit for. Thor's hammer throws were shredding Frost giants like they were made of paper. When Mjolnir fell to Earth it made a crater. Mjolnir knocked the Destroyer around and down, in the Dark World it flew with enough force to cause sonic booms and shock waves that damaged nearby buildings. Surtur was knocked around, even Thanos has been knoced back by Mjolnir. Swatting it away is a great feat. The only character that has ever no-sold Mjolnir is Hela.

FrothByte
I did. If you thank that's some bedazzling display of skill you need to watch more combat sports. Comaping Kurse's slow ass to Mike Tyson is just sacrilege. And by the way, backfisting a charging Thor shows a massive strength difference.

Mjolnir flies with a lot more force than you give it credit for. Thor's hammer throws were shredding Frost giants like they were made of paper. When Mjolnir fell to Earth it made a crater. Mjolnir knocked the Destroyer around and down, in the Dark World it flew with enough force to cause sonic booms and shock waves that damaged nearby buildings. Surtur was knocked around, even Thanos has been knoced back by Mjolnir. Swatting it away is a great feat. The only character that has ever no-sold Mjolnir is Hela.

I never said Kurse had "bedazzling" skill, but you're also allowing yourself to get fooled by Kurse's bulk without paying attention to his actual feats. If you don't think bobbing and weaving under a punch (thrown by a skilled figher) then sidestepping far enough around the fighter to end up in their blindside yet still being close enough to land a punch is an impressive skill feat, then YOU need to learn about combat sports and combat in general.

Doing something like that is hard enough that not all professional boxers could accomplish it. Tyson was famous for doing it because he used switching footwork to do so (which very few boxers do) and was one of the top 5 fastest heavyweights in his prime. It's not as easy as you might think.

I'm not saying Kurse is the most skilled fighter in the MCU. But he is far more skilled than Hulk and far more skilled than you give him credit for.

As for swatting Mjolnir aside, that's not the same as stopping it in its tracks like Hela. Kurse never completely stopped a hit from Mjolnir, he simply parried it, redirecting it's trajectory. Loki does this all the time when he parries and deflects Thor's hits with Mjolnir. Thanos has deflected it a few times as well.

I'm actually surprised to be having this conversation with you. As someone who has mentioned multiple times in the past that they had some form of martial arts background, I was expecting better from you. Anyone who's had some decent form of fight training knows that parrying a hit does not take as much strength as trying to stop it head on.

carver9

Lol... you are a hater.

K-Dog
Kurse slapping Mjolnir away would be number one, unless, as it was suggested a long time ago here, that the dark elves magic and powers acted in a way that was anti-or countering to the Asgardian powers and enchantments. Even so, his beat down of Thor would be enough IMO to be number 1.

Edit: The way he backhanded the hammer was different than deflecting a handheld strike. Completely different situation. That’s the same or close as outright stopping it.

h1a8

As for Mjolnir, Hulk grabbed Mjolnir and tried to wield it. He failed because he wasn't worthy. Kurse never tried to wield Mjolnir, simply slapped it away to redirect its trajectory. And slapping away a 50 pound hammer is nowhere close to requiring the same striking power as stopping a leviathan with a single direct punch. Kurse knocked the hammer away a long distance, this is after he defeated its forward momentum. He didn't parry it.

Hulk did not stop the leviathan with a punch. He didn't even slow it down more than 40% with a punch.

FrothByte
Originally posted by h1a8
Kurse knocked the hammer away a long distance, this is after he defeated its forward momentum. He didn't parry it.

Hulk did not stop the leviathan with a punch. He didn't even slow it down more than 40% with a punch.

If Kurse had completely stopped its forward momentum then it should have stopped flying then and there and simply dropped to the floor or stayed put in the air (like what Hela did). That it continued to fly in a different direction means that its forward momentum was simply redirected, not stopped. That's what a parry does, it redirects a hit away from you.

You should probably stop posting things about stuff you don't know about.

FrothByte
Originally posted by K-Dog

Edit: The way he backhanded the hammer was different than deflecting a handheld strike. Completely different situation. That’s the same or close as outright stopping it.

Assuming that you have the speed, skill and reflexes necessary, which of these two situations do you think takes more strength to accomplish:

a. Slapping aside a knife that was thrown at you by a big, strong fighter
b. Slapping aside the same knife while the big, strong fighter has it in his hand and trying to stab you with it

K-Dog

FrothByte

FrothByte
So why would Thor even bother throwing it then?

K-Dog

Psychotron
I never said Kurse had "bedazzling" skill, but you're also allowing yourself to get fooled by Kurse's bulk without paying attention to his actual feats. If you don't think bobbing and weaving under a punch (thrown by a skilled figher) then sidestepping far enough around the fighter to end up in their blindside yet still being close enough to land a punch is an impressive skill feat, then YOU need to learn about combat sports and combat in general.

Doing something like that is hard enough that not all professional boxers could accomplish it. Tyson was famous for doing it because he used switching footwork to do so (which very few boxers do) and was one of the top 5 fastest heavyweights in his prime. It's not as easy as you might think.

I'm not saying Kurse is the most skilled fighter in the MCU. But he is far more skilled than Hulk and far more skilled than you give him credit for.

As for swatting Mjolnir aside, that's not the same as stopping it in its tracks like Hela. Kurse never completely stopped a hit from Mjolnir, he simply parried it, redirecting it's trajectory. Loki does this all the time when he parries and deflects Thor's hits with Mjolnir. Thanos has deflected it a few times as well.

I'm actually surprised to be having this conversation with you. As someone who has mentioned multiple times in the past that they had some form of martial arts background, I was expecting better from you. Anyone who's had some decent form of fight training knows that parrying a hit does not take as much strength as trying to stop it head on.

You don't need to tell me about combat sports, I've been watching and practicing them since before I was on this board. Kurse displayed some skills, which only got the better of Thor because he was much stronger than him. Francis Ngannou isn't as good as Stipe Miocic in terms of pure skills but he overwhelemed him easily and quickly in their second fight thanks to being bigger and much stronger. Same thing happened to Thor. Kurse being more skilled than Hulk is obvious, but literally every character in the movies is more skilled than Hulk.

First of all, Thor holds back against Loki, so parrying Thor's blows isn't that impressive. Second, Loki was terrified when Thor called Mjolnir and placed Loki (larping as Odin) between himself and the hammer to the point where he revealed his ruse. And, as I already mentioned, Thanos has been knocked around by a flying Mjolnir.

Like K-Dog said, when Mjolnir is called it's Odin's enchantment that powers it. We've seen that the enchantment makes the hammer cause sonic booms, which shatter windows, when it's trying to get back to Thor. In the Dark World it flew so fast it caught fire. Casually backhanding it like that (far less powerful than a straight punch) is a great feat.

Originally posted by carver9
Lol... you are a hater.

If you're talking about Hulk I actually like the character. Immortal Hulk is probably the only decent comic right now. MCU Hulk is shit and a jobber.

FrothByte
You don't need to tell me about combat sports, I've been watching and practicing them since before I was on this board. Kurse displayed some skills, which only got the better of Thor because he was much stronger than him. Francis Ngannou isn't as good as Stipe Miocic in terms of pure skills but he overwhelemed him easily and quickly in their second fight thanks to being bigger and much stronger. Same thing happened to Thor. Kurse being more skilled than Hulk is obvious, but literally every character in the movies is more skilled than Hulk.

First of all, Thor holds back against Loki, so parrying Thor's blows isn't that impressive. Second, Loki was terrified when Thor called Mjolnir and placed Loki (larping as Odin) between himself and the hammer to the point where he revealed his ruse. And, as I already mentioned, Thanos has been knocked around by a flying Mjolnir.

Like K-Dog said, when Mjolnir is called it's Odin's enchantment that powers it. We've seen that the enchantment makes the hammer cause sonic booms, which shatter windows, when it's trying to get back to Thor. In the Dark World it flew so fast it caught fire. Casually backhanding it like that (far less powerful than a straight punch) is a great feat.

If you're talking about Hulk I actually like the character. Immortal Hulk is probably the only decent comic right now. MCU Hulk is shit and a jobber.

Yes, I remember you mentioned you had fight training... which is why it's weird how you can say something so incorrect and ill informed as this:

So either you're not as knowledgeable about combat sports as you claim or you didn't rewatch the Thor vs. Kurse fight prior to answering.

I never claimed Kurse was more skilled than Thor. I absolutely agree that he dominated Thor more on toughness and strength. But your claim that Kurse "never displayed any particular h2h skill" is just plain wrong, as he clearly displayed some pretty decent skill in his fight against Thor. You don't need to do flying kicks in order to be skilled you know. It's also very difficult for him to dodge and catch Thor's hits like he did if he wasn't at least close to Thor's speed. And being able to backhand Mjolnir is still more of a skill & speed/agility feat than outright strength.

Don't get me wrong, you obviously need to be quite strong to be able to parry Mjolnir like that, but you wouldn't need anywhere near the kind of strength to completely halt Mjolnir in its tracks like Hela did.

As for Loki about to take a Mjolnir hit to the face in Ragnarok, that was Thor already calling Mjolnir back to him while he had Loki unarmed and locked in his grip. Completely not the same scenario as an armed Loki ready to fight Thor and able to parry hits.

h1a8
If Kurse had completely stopped its forward momentum then it should have stopped flying then and there and simply dropped to the floor or stayed put in the air (like what Hela did). That it continued to fly in a different direction means that its forward momentum was simply redirected, not stopped. That's what a parry does, it redirects a hit away from you.

You should probably stop posting things about stuff you don't know about.

You don't even understand basic physics and vectors. Swatting an object in the opposite direction of its motion DEFEATS the object's forward momentum.

It is MORE than stopping it. It's stopping it AND adding momentum to it in the opposite direction.

If the angle between the old path and the new path is larger than 90 degrees then the vector is completely cancelled (forward momentum was stopped). If the angle is less than 90 degrees then it is a PARRY.

Silent Master
^
Trust him, he once 'proved' bullets hit with a PSI of 313 millions tons. using his math.

carthage
😂

FrothByte
You don't even understand basic physics and vectors. Swatting an object in the opposite direction of its motion DEFEATS the object's forward momentum.

It is MORE than stopping it. It's stopping it AND adding momentum to it in the opposite direction.

If the angle between the old path and the new path is larger than 90 degrees then the vector is completely cancelled (forward momentum was stopped). If the angle is less than 90 degrees then it is a PARRY.

Prove to me that Kurse swatted Mjolnir in the "opposite" direction that it was moving.

Robtard
Kurse swatting and deflecting Mjolnir to the side is far more impressive than Hulk's showings against Mjolnir , but I took Kurse being able to do that, due to being a living-weapon created to counter Asgardians and not just a feat of pure brute strength.

IIRC, Malekith says something to that nature.

KingD19
The feats aren't comparable though. Hulk tried to catch it by the thong/ handle, meaning the enchantment activated and he wasn't worthy. Kurse slapped it by the head with a closed fist meaning it didn't have the worthy enchantment active when he did. Hulk has never tried to swat it out of the way.

Robtard
Yeah, but let's be real too, what we've normally seen from Mjolnir (nothing can stop it as said by Thor and Odin), if Hulk tried to swat the hammer away, Mjolnir wouldn't have noticed and gone right through him.

Only other being we've seen stop or alter Mjolnir's path was Hella, but she's supposed to be stronger than Odin on some level and we know she'd shitstomp Kurse.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, but let's be real too, what we've normally seen from Mjolnir (nothing can stop it as said by Thor and Odin), if Hulk tried to swat the hammer away, Mjolnir wouldn't have noticed and gone right through him.

Only other being we've seen stop or alter Mjolnir's path was Hella, but she's supposed to be stronger than Odin on some level and we know she'd shitstomp Kurse.

Thanos deflected it as well in Endgame.

Also IIRC, the actual quote was that "nothing can stop it from returning to my hand". Not that nothing could stop it from hitting its target.

We have zero feats of someone (of superstrength) trying to swat Mjolnir aside and having zero effect on Mjolnir's trajectory. What we have is feats of characters trying to completely counteract its momentum like what Hulk and Hela did, but that's not the same thing that Kurse did.

Psychotron
Yes, I remember you mentioned you had fight training... which is why it's weird how you can say something so incorrect and ill informed as this:

So either you're not as knowledgeable about combat sports as you claim or you didn't rewatch the Thor vs. Kurse fight prior to answering.

I never claimed Kurse was more skilled than Thor. I absolutely agree that he dominated Thor more on toughness and strength. But your claim that Kurse "never displayed any particular h2h skill" is just plain wrong, as he clearly displayed some pretty decent skill in his fight against Thor. You don't need to do flying kicks in order to be skilled you know. It's also very difficult for him to dodge and catch Thor's hits like he did if he wasn't at least close to Thor's speed. And being able to backhand Mjolnir is still more of a skill & speed/agility feat than outright strength.

Don't get me wrong, you obviously need to be quite strong to be able to parry Mjolnir like that, but you wouldn't need anywhere near the kind of strength to completely halt Mjolnir in its tracks like Hela did.

As for Loki about to take a Mjolnir hit to the face in Ragnarok, that was Thor already calling Mjolnir back to him while he had Loki unarmed and locked in his grip. Completely not the same scenario as an armed Loki ready to fight Thor and able to parry hits.

Okay, let me clarify. Kurse showed some basic H2H skills, but I didn't really care for them. They're clearly not the driving factor behind Thor's defeat in my opinion. It was Kurse's superior strength. Kurse was always intended to be stronger than Thor in the comics, so I don't know why you're so adamant about arguing this. Who do you think would win in a fight, Hulk or Kurse? Equalized skills and speed for the sake of the argument.

I don't remember a single instance of Loki blocking a Mjolnir throw tbh, but maybe that's because the fights between Thor and Loki are terrible and I don't want to remember. I do remember that Mjolnir was knocking the Destroyer around like a cheap hooker in the first Thor movie, however.

FrothByte
Okay, let me clarify. Kurse showed some basic H2H skills, but I didn't really care for them. They're clearly not the driving factor behind Thor's defeat in my opinion. It was Kurse's superior strength. Kurse was always intended to be stronger than Thor in the comics, so I don't know why you're so adamant about arguing this. Who do you think would win in a fight, Hulk or Kurse? Equalized skills and speed for the sake of the argument.

I don't remember a single instance of Loki blocking a Mjolnir throw tbh, but maybe that's because the fights between Thor and Loki are terrible and I don't want to remember. I do remember that Mjolnir was knocking the Destroyer around like a cheap hooker in the first Thor movie, however.

Let me put it this way. Thor is one of the more skilled fighters in the MCU. Being able to catch someone's punch in your fist halfway through the air is already hard enough to do against some random joe, to do so against a skilled fighter obviously takes a lot of skill. Kurse was able to do this to Thor.

Being able to duck underneath a punch, side-step far enough to the side that you end up on their blind spot, yet still be close enough to throw a mid-range punch takes quite a lot of skill, enough so that not all professional boxers are able to do so. For Kurse to be able to do that to someone as skilled as Thor, especially considering how bulky Kurse is, takes a lot of skill.

To be able to backhand a fast moving projectile coming from behind your back, that takes a lot of skill and quite a lot of reflexes too. I'm not saying Kurse is more skilled than Thor, but he beat Thor by a combination of his greater strength TOGETHER with his not inconsiderable skill.

Kurse may not look fancy, but that doesn't mean he isn't skilled. Remember that he was a trained warrior who's thousands of years old prior to his transformation.
Khabib Nurmagomedov doesn't look fancy either. That doesn't mean he isn't skilled.

If Kurse and Hulk fought, then I have no doubts that Kurse wins due to his greater skill. If their skill and speed were equalized then it's a toss up. Kurse seems a tougher since Thor's punches affect him less than they did Hulk, but at the same time Kurse doesn't have raw displays of strength as impressive as Hulk nor has he shown the same mobility as Hulk.

h1a8
Prove to me that Kurse swatted Mjolnir in the "opposite" direction that it was moving. The scene clearly shows the angle between the two paths is at least 90 degrees.

riv6672

h1a8
Just rewatched the scene. Kurse hits significantly harder than Hulk. It's not debatable.

h1a8

FrothByte
The scene clearly shows the angle between the two paths is at least 90 degrees.

I guess you don't know what "opposite direction" actually means then.

h1a8
I guess you don't know what "opposite direction" actually means then.

I guess you don't understand basic vector arithmetic and what components cancel.

If you don't understand the basic concept of altering the direction of momentum by 90 degrees or more means canceling the momentum Completely then you shouldn't be debating this topic.

FrothByte
I guess you don't understand basic vector arithmetic and what components cancel.

If you don't understand the basic concept of altering the direction of momentum by 90 degrees or more means canceling the momentum Completely then you shouldn't be debating this topic.

You claimed Kurse sent Mjolnir in the "opposite direction". Are you saying diverting a path by 90 degrees is considered the opposite direction?

K-Dog

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Robtard
Hella

One L, Rob.

FrothByte

riv6672
That wasn't the question. The question was, do you consider turning aside a projectile by 90 degrees as you throwing it in the "opposite direction"?

And note that I'm only humoring H1 here. Anyone who watched the Kurse vs. Thor fight can clearly see it was far less than 90 degrees.
^^^This must be what it was like sailing w. Columbus.

Just curious, how would you order these guys by skill?

Giord
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
One L, Rob. gotten right on the nose!

h1a8
You claimed Kurse sent Mjolnir in the "opposite direction". Are you saying diverting a path by 90 degrees is considered the opposite direction?
No, 90 degrees or more is considered COMPLETELY stopping the forward momentum of Mjolnir. Kurse didn't completely hit Mjolnir in the opposite direction (180 degrees) as I previously thought.

riv6672
SMH

FrothByte
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^This must be what it was like sailing w. Columbus.

Just curious, how would you order these guys by skill?

Yeah, ridiculous how they try so hard to pass this bullshit off.

Anyway, as for skill I'd list them as follows:

1. Thor
2. Kurse
3. Giantman
4. Hulk

In theory, Hulk should be more skilled than Giantman after his stint in Sakaar, but unfortunately the succeeding movies never gave him a good enough fight to showcase these skills. So based on feats, Giantman/Antman has displayed better skills.

FrothByte
No, 90 degrees or more is considered COMPLETELY stopping the forward momentum of Mjolnir. Kurse didn't completely hit Mjolnir in the opposite direction (180 degrees) as I previously thought.

Ok. So we're at least in agreement that Kurse didn't get Mjolnir moving in the opposite direction then yes?

Would you then agree that, had he slapped Mjolnir by 90 degrees or more, that Mjolnir would therefore not have hit anything that was originally in front of it?

riv6672

h1a8
Ok. So we're at least in agreement that Kurse didn't get Mjolnir moving in the opposite direction then yes?

Would you then agree that, had he slapped Mjolnir by 90 degrees or more, that Mjolnir would therefore not have hit anything that was originally in front of it? Yes, I would agree if that was the case.

P.S. How in the hell does Thor strike harder than Kurse?
Look how Thor struck Hulk with Mjolnir.
You think Kurse would have a smaller effect?

FrothByte
Yes, I would agree if that was the case.

P.S. How in the hell does Thor strike harder than Kurse?
Look how Thor struck Hulk with Mjolnir.
You think Kurse would have a smaller effect?

Because of feats, or rather a lack of feats in Kurse's case. We have a feat of Thor sending Hulk flying with an unamped hit of Mjolnir. We have no feats of Kurse sending someone as heavy has Hulk flying with a single hit.

As for the whole 90 degree bit, when Kurse backhanded Mjolnir it still ended up hitting part of the mountain/rock formation that was originally in front of it. Therefore it couldn't have been redirected by 90 degrees because it still hit something that was originally in front of it.

h1a8
Because of feats, or rather a lack of feats in Kurse's case. We have a feat of Thor sending Hulk flying with an unamped hit of Mjolnir. We have no feats of Kurse sending someone as heavy has Hulk flying with a single hit.

As for the whole 90 degree bit, when Kurse backhanded Mjolnir it still ended up hitting part of the mountain/rock formation that was originally in front of it. Therefore it couldn't have been redirected by 90 degrees because it still hit something that was originally in front of it.
So basically you value feats over direct comparison.
That means Hulk is stronger than Thanos despite Thanos overpowering him.
As far as feats
Kurse sent Thor flying back further than Thor sent Hulk back with a back smack. A back smack is far weaker than a punch.

I disagree. Mjolnir looked to have traveled behind Kurse (not in front of him). The angle was sideways and slightly back (hence MORE than 90 degrees).

FrothByte
So basically you value feats over direct comparison.
That means Hulk is stronger than Thanos despite Thanos overpowering him.
As far as feats
Kurse sent Thor flying back further than Thor sent Hulk back with a back smack. A back smack is far weaker than a punch.

I disagree. Mjolnir looked to have traveled behind Kurse (not in front of him). The angle was sideways and slightly back (hence MORE than 90 degrees).

I value feats over theoretical comparisons, as we all should provided an applicable feat exists. Theoretical comparisons are used in the absence of an appropriate feat. Thanos already has a feat of overpowering Hulk, therefore Thanos is proven to be stronger than Hulk.

Thor is a lot smaller and lighter than Hulk, therefore it takes far less strength to send Thor flying back than it would to send Hulk flying back. This is common sense.

And I'm glad you admitted that Mjolnir appeared to have traveled behind Kurse. That's because he turned around and backhanded Mjolnir. Therefore the mountain range that was previously in front of him now appeared behind him since he turned around. In other words, Mjolnir kept travelling in a forward trajectory, just off at an angle.

h1a8
Double post

h1a8
I value feats over theoretical comparisons, as we all should provided an applicable feat exists. Theoretical comparisons are used in the absence of an appropriate feat. Thanos already has a feat of overpowering Hulk, therefore Thanos is proven to be stronger than Hulk.

Thor is a lot smaller and lighter than Hulk, therefore it takes far less strength to send Thor flying back than it would to send Hulk flying back. This is common sense.

And I'm glad you admitted that Mjolnir appeared to have traveled behind Kurse. That's because he turned around and backhanded Mjolnir. Therefore the mountain range that was previously in front of him now appeared behind him since he turned around. In other words, Mjolnir kept travelling in a forward trajectory, just off at an angle.
You are saying things that don't prove your case.

You need to prove that it took more force to knock Hulk back a significantly less distance than it took to knock Thor a much longer distance with a significantly weaker attack.

In other words, prove that
Knocking Hulk back a few feet with a haymaker swing proves stronger striking power than knocking Thor multiple times further with a multiple times weaker attack.

You are stupid. Mjolnir flew sideways at a slight angle pointed backwards (not forward). More than 90 degree angle silly. Analyzing it more carefully i would say between 110-150 degrees.

FrothByte
You are saying things that don't prove your case.

You need to prove that it took more force to knock Hulk back a significantly less distance than it took to knock Thor a much longer distance with a significantly weaker attack.

In other words, prove that
Knocking Hulk back a few feet with a haymaker swing proves stronger striking power than knocking Thor multiple times further with a multiple times weaker attack.

You are stupid. Mjolnir flew sideways at a slight angle pointed backwards (not forward). More than 90 degree angle silly. Analyzing it more carefully i would say between 110-150 degrees.

Don't really have the energy to go 10 pages trying to explain how angles work to you. All you need to know is that Kurse turned around to face an incoming Mjolnir and backhanded it into a mountain. You already admitted he hit it so that it flew behind him. If he had hit it by 110-150 degrees then he should have turned it back and made if fly in front of him. Trust me kid, this is how angles work.

As for Thor, he hit Hulk with an uppercut with Mjolnir that sent him flying (more than just a few feet I might add), which is very impressive considering that the force of an uppercut is not directed to blast you backwards or sideways. You want to claim Kurse hit Thor stronger than Thor hits with Mjolnir, onus is on you to prove that.

h1a8
Don't really have the energy to go 10 pages trying to explain how angles work to you. All you need to know is that Kurse turned around to face an incoming Mjolnir and backhanded it into a mountain. You already admitted he hit it so that it flew behind him. If he had hit it by 110-150 degrees then he should have turned it back and made if fly in front of him. Trust me kid, this is how angles work.

As for Thor, he hit Hulk with an uppercut with Mjolnir that sent him flying (more than just a few feet I might add), which is very impressive considering that the force of an uppercut is not directed to blast you backwards or sideways. You want to claim Kurse hit Thor stronger than Thor hits with Mjolnir, onus is on you to prove that.

Huh? Wtf are you talking about? You lost all your marbles.
The direction Mjolnir was flying before being hit is called FORWARD.
Kurse hit Mjolnir sideways and slightly back (opposite of FORWARD) into the mountain.
DRAW THE ANGLE OUT ON PAPER. ITS OVER 90 DEGREES.

You made the initial claim that Thor strikes harder than Kurse in your ranking. I called you out on it. Therefore the onus is on you.

Kurse sent Thor flying through the air like a thrown baseball. About 100ft away or more. Because Kurse used a weaker attack to achieve comparable striking power as Thor then Kurse wins.

In other words, a haymaker >>>>>>> back smack. Kurse used a weaker attack that resembled a harder, or at least comparable, hit than Thor with his haymaker.

Lastly, if you think Kurse can't hit Hulk just as hard as Thor did (which wasn't shit) then you are a troll and you should lose credibility with other members here.

FrothByte
Huh? Wtf are you talking about? You lost all your marbles.
The direction Mjolnir was flying before being hit is called FORWARD.
Kurse hit Mjolnir sideways and slightly back (opposite of FORWARD) into the mountain.
DRAW THE ANGLE OUT ON PAPER. ITS OVER 90 DEGREES.

You made the initial claim that Thor strikes harder than Kurse in your ranking. I called you out on it. Therefore the onus is on you.

Kurse sent Thor flying through the air like a thrown baseball. About 100ft away or more. Because Kurse used a weaker attack to achieve comparable striking power as Thor then Kurse wins.

In other words, a haymaker >>>>>>> back smack. Kurse used a weaker attack that resembled a harder, or at least comparable, hit than Thor with his haymaker.

Lastly, if you think Kurse can't hit Hulk just as hard as Thor did (which wasn't shit) then you are a troll and you should lose credibility with other members here.

Ok troll, whatever. You want to claim that Mjolnir hit a mountain range in FRONT of it by traveling backwards or that sending a 220 pound Thor flying is somehow more impressive than sending a 1500 pound Hulk flying... well then good luck with that nonsense. I'm done wasting time on your idiocy. Heck, you don't even seem to know what a haymaker is since you keep insisting an uppercut is somehow a haymaker.

h1a8
Ok troll, whatever. You want to claim that Mjolnir hit a mountain range in FRONT of it by traveling backwards or that sending a 220 pound Thor flying is somehow more impressive than sending a 1500 pound Hulk flying... well then good luck with that nonsense. I'm done wasting time on your idiocy. Heck, you don't even seem to know what a haymaker is since you keep insisting an uppercut is somehow a haymaker. Mjolnir didnt strike the mountain ABOVE its initial trajectory. It struck the mountain BEHIND its trajectory. It went slightly back (not forward).

Stop trolling me please.

I stated the two feats were at least comparable (hitting a lighter object multiple times further than a heavier object). If you want to claim that it took more force hitting Hulk less distance than it took hitting Thor multiple times further then please prove it. Please prove those weights too. Marvel officially states that Thor weighs 640lbs and Hulk weighs around 1000lbs. Prove that MCU versions weigh 220lb and 1500lbs respectively.

So we have comparable forces with a key difference. Kurse used a weaker attack to achieve a comparable force. In other words, if Kurse would have used a haymaker or uppercut then the striking power would been a lot more. Thus Kurse wins.

9jaboy
Giantman
Kurse
Thor w/ Mjolnir
Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.