Thor Vs Lobo: Blow for Blow untill one is knocked out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumbleServant
Who wins here? no hammer

lawest9
Lobo wins.

Stoic
Thor probably wins. I'm automatically assuming that his Sky Father stats should place him in a higher tier though.

carver9
Thor

DarkSaint85
Lobo.

Stoic
Lobo may be one shotted. Why would he even be comparable to a Sky Father? I mean granted, Thor needs more showings, but he is still a Sky Father that was able to weather an assault by Galactus. Team books don't mean much, because if they are the only examples for us to draw from, Lobo's run with the Justice League a little while ago would seriously threaten his stock.Thor likely has an upcoming confrontation with Hulk. If he struggles against him, it doesn't necessarily mean that his stock drops either.

DarkSaint85
Because Lobo explicitly does not do logic. Considering he can fight without a head....even if Skyfather King Odin Thor dissolves Lobo's head into pink mist with one blow, it still wouldn't KO him.

Stoic
Well there are scenes of him being KO'd by being shot in the head as well. He's been KO'd by being momentarily killed in reference to the Lobo's back mini. Overall, I see this as a mismatch due to the differing weight classes of these two. Lobo a mid to possibly high herald vs a Sky Father. Head or no head, Sky Father's can amplify their strength and toughness.

DarkSaint85
There are also scenes of an AMPED Odin Skyfather Cosmic herald Thor being hurt by a rock to the noggin.

Lobo being multiversal helps.

DarkSaint85
https://i.postimg.cc/fyrY88RX/RCO002-1466354573.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/MHTy0Cqq/RCO003-1466354573.jpg

That's if we are throwing statuses about.

Stoic
Pretty sure the OP wasn't thinking of this Multiversal Lobo that you've conveniently brought into the picture. Then you decide to sink to an even lower level by bringing up an obvious low showing of Thor being blindsided and hit in the back of his head by superhuman creatures capable of tossing boulders.

Lobo got pieced the phuck up as a member of the Justice League, by a Taskmaster clone. I mean, we can go real low if you're kicking it low. Lobo's first mini series has a nice one. Or, we could talk average showings?

deft
Originally posted by lawest9
Hulk wins.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Pretty sure the OP wasn't thinking of this Multiversal Lobo that you've conveniently brought into the picture. Then you decide to sink to an even lower level by bringing up an obvious low showing of Thor being blindsided and hit in the back of his head by superhuman creatures capable of tossing boulders.

Lobo got pieced the phuck up as a member of the Justice League, by a Taskmaster clone. I mean, we can go real low if you're kicking it low. Lobo's first mini series has a nice one. Or, we could talk average showings?

I brought low showings in because you did. No more, no less. I was merely pointing out that yes, Lobo has low showings - just as Thor has low showings. If you want to be consistent, be consistent.

I want to use their high showings - CONSISTENTLY for both.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I brought low showings in because you did. No more, no less. I was merely pointing out that yes, Lobo has low showings - just as Thor has low showings. If you want to be consistent, be consistent.

I want to use their high showings - CONSISTENTLY for both.

Except for the fact that Lobo's median high range isn't multiversal. You're moving the goal posts again. You'd better re-read the statement that made you believe that I was using a low showing to explain the level that Lobo is consistently on. It isn't multiversal. Most of his showings range between low-high herald. I even let the "he didn't get burned by the sentient star" pass, when he actually did, because it had no lasting effect. But, you have a character that survived a planet exploding on him, and assaults from the Black Winter who casually destroys entire universes, against another that breaks even with Shazam. I wouldn't call breaking even with Shazam a low showing, just about where Lobo averages out at.

You seem to want to use the vast minority or one inconsistent showing to use as Lobo's regular level. Did he fight Despero as a multiversal power? Shazam? Lou? Superman? Why the hell do I bother? Whatever.

Old Man Whirly!
Lobo was cool, then the new millennium came. I haven't enjoyed a Lobo story since Legion (insert year) tbh.

Diesldude
Lobo.

Prof. T.C McAbe

DarkSaint85
Except for the fact that Lobo's median high range isn't multiversal. You're moving the goal posts again. You'd better re-read the statement that made you believe that I was using a low showing to explain the level that Lobo is consistently on. It isn't multiversal. Most of his showings range between low-high herald. I even let the "he didn't get burned by the sentient star" pass, when he actually did, because it had no lasting effect. But, you have a character that survived a planet exploding on him, and assaults from the Black Winter who casually destroys entire universes, against another that breaks even with Shazam. I wouldn't call breaking even with Shazam a low showing, just about where Lobo averages out at.

You seem to want to use the vast minority or one inconsistent showing to use as Lobo's regular level. Did he fight Despero as a multiversal power? Shazam? Lou? Superman? Why the hell do I bother? Whatever.

Full Capacity Rule. Not 'Average Capacity Rule', or whatever. My only use of the 'multiversal' showing was in direct response to you - IF we are throwing statuses about, then Lobo's status is as a multiversal being. Now of course, his showings contradict that - just as 'Skyfather' Thor's showings contradict his title/status. But let us be consistent, OK?

Take Lobo's 'usual' showings, if you want - then Thor's 'usual' showings also apply. You act as if he takes on universe busters every week, as an average.

Thanks for 'letting it pass', though, lol.

Surely YOU are the one moving goalposts? Now suddenly, we are talking about 'median high showings', lol.

Btw, Goldstar (Lobo enemy) ALSO survived a planet exploding on him - Lobo takes him out all the time.

Stoic
Full Capacity Rule. Not 'Average Capacity Rule', or whatever. My only use of the 'multiversal' showing was in direct response to you - IF we are throwing statuses about, then Lobo's status is as a multiversal being. Now of course, his showings contradict that - just as 'Skyfather' Thor's showings contradict his title/status. But let us be consistent, OK?

Take Lobo's 'usual' showings, if you want - then Thor's 'usual' showings also apply. You act as if he takes on universe busters every week, as an average.

Thanks for 'letting it pass', though, lol.

Surely YOU are the one moving goalposts? Now suddenly, we are talking about 'median high showings', lol.

Btw, Goldstar (Lobo enemy) ALSO survived a planet exploding on him - Lobo takes him out all the time.

What are Sky Father Thor's usual showings? He has been a Sky Father for all of about a comic book week. His average outside of Team books is him taking hits by a guy well above High Herald. Lobo's consistent highs are roughly between low-high herald. I said in a previous post that team books are where we'll see most lows for characters in case you didn't understand. Again, how many actual showings does Sky Father Thor have outside of the Black Winter saga? If you want to pull up team showings, the stock of both characters will take dramatic hits. You already know this.

DarkSaint85
Way above High Herald?

Who?

I don't think you know what average means.....

carver9
Thor on average without any amps is physically on Lobo level. Add in the Odin amp he just got, it's no contest. I don't give Lobo wins over people like Thor (without amp), Superman, Gladiator, etc... in a physical contest of strength. This is the same guy that gives Darkseid a chin punch ending with Darkseid not flinching. Even Dark admitted Thor and Superman are peers in strength. An amp of this magnitude should comfortably put Thor above Lobo. This kinda reminds me of the conversation I saw with Darksaint when people were asking for Lex Luthor fts when he was amped off of the force.

DarkSaint85
This reminds me of the time when....ahh, forget it. Carver's being Carver.

Stoic
Way above High Herald?

Who?

I don't think you know what average means.....

Galactus before Sky Father Thor becomes amped by the Power Cosmic is who. The rest of my statement still stands. If we take their team showings into account both of their stock drops.

xXI_wing_IXx
Is this one Lobo or many clones of Lobo ?

xXI_wing_IXx
Blow for blow means they're each trading equal amount of hits
so the combat feat is excluded. Healing factor is the key here in
the long run and Thor is without hammer. It favors Lobo more.
I have no idea where their strengths are at.. Can Thor one-shot
Lobo or vice versa ?

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Thor on average without any amps is physically on Lobo level. Add in the Odin amp he just got, it's no contest. I don't give Lobo wins over people like Thor (without amp), Superman, Gladiator, etc... in a physical contest of strength. This is the same guy that gives Darkseid a chin punch ending with Darkseid not flinching. Even Dark admitted Thor and Superman are peers in strength. An amp of this magnitude should comfortably put Thor above Lobo. This kinda reminds me of the conversation I saw with Darksaint when people were asking for Lex Luthor fts when he was amped off of the force.
Thor is probably around Superboy level of strength.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by xXI_wing_IXx
Blow for blow means they're blowing each other

Fixed it for you.

xXI_wing_IXx
Originally posted by xXI_wing_IXx
Blow for blow means they're blowing each other

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Fixed it for you.

lol

DarkSaint85
Galactus before Sky Father Thor becomes amped by the Power Cosmic is who. The rest of my statement still stands. If we take their team showings into account both of their stock drops.

That's what I thought.

A: Thor doesn't have that amp
B: Thor has one of his worst showings during this time, in his own book, which brings his 'average' right down.

You are trying to make out as if Skyfather Cosmic Herald Thor had nothing but high showings. If fighting Galactus is 100, say, being brought to one's knees by a random rock thrown by a random alien is like a 1. So his average is more like 50.

But one would never know that from the way you keep talking about the 100.

Then when I mention Lobo's 100, you want to use his 50s.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.