Evil Dead Rise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan

Kazenji
I just want them to finish off Ash vs Evil Dead properly after how they ended it.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Kazenji
I just want them to finish off Ash vs Evil Dead properly after how they ended it.

Agreed. I liked that a lot more than any of the movies, tbh.

riv6672
That show was kinda fun, yeah.

Patient_Leech
Hm.. how do you continue Evil Dead without Campbell, though? 🤔

I still have yet to see the third season of Ash v Evil Dead...

Impediment
Army of Darkness was a good ending to Ash's story.

"I slept too long!!!"

The Evil Dead remake was good, but not epic.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Agreed. I liked that a lot more than any of the movies, tbh.

I still like the movies, It was good with the 2nd season they acknowledged Army of Darkness

Originally posted by Impediment
Army of Darkness was a good ending to Ash's story.

"I slept too long!!!"

That was the alternate ending.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hm.. how do you continue Evil Dead without Campbell, though? 🤔

I still have yet to see the third season of Ash v Evil Dead...
It's on Netflix, as are all three seasons.

The above links said it's possible for Ash to appear in this new film at least. The Evil Dead remake was honestly one of the least offensive remakes out there. It just lacked staying power and identity, but not a bad film in itself; it was gory, had the set pieces, but without the wacky dark comedy mixed in and such, it was another by the numbers horror film.

Patient_Leech
Trailer looks pretty good. But it's still so different from the Bruce Campbell / Raimi originals.

I'd prefer more Ash vs Evil Dead personally, but we get what we get.

smTK_AeAPHs

Ridley_Prime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwfK0OvBdfs
(Video not embed because it doesn't appear as such properly due to the age restriction unless you're signed in)

Yeah... Evil Dead worked best as a horror comedy, but this is just edgy. Such is the nature of modern reboots/remakes though.

There were some aspects of the ED remake I liked (which this film is just a continuation of), but when I can't remember it much at all compared to the originals, that's a problem. It's more of a withstanding the test of time thing than it is a nostalgia thing.

No Ash Williams also remains a hard sell for anything ED without him. I'll probably watch this later down the line on TV, but it won't be in theaters.

Edit: I forgot there was already a thread for this. Merge this post with the original thread I guess.

BruceSkywalker
will this be excessively violent? because if so, i'm there

riv6672

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Trailer looks pretty good. But it's still so different from the Bruce Campbell / Raimi originals.

I'd prefer more Ash vs Evil Dead personally, but we get what we get.

Seems like that they're sticking more closer to the very first Evil Dead where it was straight up horror

maybe there might be a Ash cameo again, The Evil Dead remake had that.

riv6672

Nemesis X
So many by the numbers demon possession movies would you have really picked up on if this was Evil Dead without looking at the title? You'd swear this was Smile's direct-to-dvd sequel or something.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Nemesis X
So many by the numbers demon possession movies would you have really picked up on if this was Evil Dead without looking at the title? You'd swear this was Smile's direct-to-dvd sequel or something.

Yeah, it looks fine, but it doesn't really rise (no pun intended) above the rest without the Raimi / Campbell touch.

Kazenji
The director says Bruce Campbell is hidden in the movie somewhere

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3754484/evil-dead-rise-director-teases-that-bruce-campbell-is-hidden-somewhere-in-the-movie/

better not be a poster in the background..

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
might see coz this looks extremely violent

Myth
Saw the movie. Simultaneously good and disappointing. Compared to other modern horror movies, it is very good. Definitely an intense movie. But the characters outside of the mom are not particularly interesting or fun, which to me is half of what makes the Evil Dead movies so great. This easily could have been a different possession movie if you take out a few pieces like the Book of the Dead and a few callbacks.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Myth
Saw the movie. Simultaneously good and disappointing. Compared to other modern horror movies, it is very good. Definitely an intense movie. But the characters outside of the mom are not particularly interesting or fun, which to me is half of what makes the Evil Dead movies so great. This easily could have been a different possession movie if you take out a few pieces like the Book of the Dead and a few callbacks.

I kind of remember a similar feeling with the first one.

I dunno, I may give it a chance at some point, but not in any rush.

riv6672

Estacado
This was pretty good but 2013 was better Imo...

riv6672
I would totally have hit deadite mom.

Estacado
The "fusion" version eh?

Patient_Leech
I barely remember the 2013 one, but I somewhat enjoyed this one. Probably better than the other. Yeah, at the time I gave the 2013 one 6/10. This one I'll give a 7/10.

But this is far from perfect. I basically agree with RLM on it...

0d-kj8z2t8M

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.