House of the Dead 1 Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
_21KIrdgLAI

Man... I'll just stick to the original, lol.

Tzeentch
Looks fun to play with someone's who's not familiar with the game

Ridley_Prime
Played the original at arcades a decent bit back in the day. What is wrong with this remake? Havent seen any gameplay yet. The trailer merely showed that it exists.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Played the original at arcades a decent bit back in the day. What is wrong with this remake? Havent seen any gameplay yet. The trailer merely showed that it exists. It showed gameplay.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Played the original at arcades a decent bit back in the day. What is wrong with this remake? Havent seen any gameplay yet. The trailer merely showed that it exists.
Yeah, it looks about the same to me so far. I don't see anything wrong from what we've seen.

The website said there are gameplay changes though, but no mention of what that means yet.

Ridley_Prime
Ah, I see.

Looking at the trailer again, saw I missed the few seconds of gameplay in the middle when I skimmed through it the first time, but it looked okay. With how hard it is to find ports of the original from what I heard, glad this is a thing.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by StyleTime
Yeah, it looks about the same to me so far. I don't see anything wrong from what we've seen.

The website said there are gameplay changes though, but no mention of what that means yet. I don't like the lack of old-school effects that the old ones gave us, like massive chunks of flesh getting taken out from each hit. Crazy knockback, etc. The stuff that makes the old games fun. Crazy arcadey action.

From the gameplay shown here? It looks like they're trying to take it in a slightly more realistic direction.

Just the gunplay itself doesn't look like it'd be as satisfying, which sucks because I'm one of the few people that I think likes the first game the most.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.