Cable [God] vs Doctor Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Who wins?

leonidas
this is much tougher. doom's armor has anti-mutant tech, and he's usually well protected vs tp. along with his magic, i think he could win this, but...he has a habit of getting overpowered at times. it wouldn't shock me at all to see cable literally dismantle the armor with his tk. it would be interesting to see cable up against doom's magic. i think in general i'd take cable here, but it would be a really fun match up.

carver9
Doom

Sin I AM
Originally posted by leonidas
this is much tougher. doom's armor has anti-mutant tech, and he's usually well protected vs tp. along with his magic, i think he could win this, but...he has a habit of getting overpowered at times. it wouldn't shock me at all to see cable literally dismantle the armor with his tk. it would be interesting to see cable up against doom's magic. i think in general i'd take cable here, but it would be a really fun match up.

Doesn't doom have protection against tk?

Wonder Man
Cable should be capable of rebuilding Dr. Dooms heart about his mother.

carver9
Lol

leonidas

leonidas

carver9
Red Skull Onslaught mentally attacked Doom and Doom not only realize he is telepathically being attacked, he puts up a shield to prevent it from continuing...

https://m.imgur.com/jd33toa
https://m.imgur.com/MSPAz8p

Doom completely annihilates. There's literally nothing Cable can do to Doom and Doom can literally strip Cable of all his power if he wanted.

carver9
Just to add Icing on the cake, he dispells Daniel Drumm from possessing him...

https://m.imgur.com/yB8dI36

He's even undid the Penace Stare...

https://m.imgur.com/hbZwVjO

And this...

https://m.imgur.com/0kPlDkm

StiltmanFTW
doom's armor has anti-mutant tech

Hmmmmm?

Originally posted by Sin I AM

There is no good defense against telekinesis, unless you're a telekinetic yourself or magically enchanted in some specific way.

StyleTime
Originally posted by carver9
Red Skull Onslaught mentally attacked Doom and Doom not only realize he is telepathically being attacked, he puts up a shield to prevent it from continuing...

https://m.imgur.com/jd33toa
https://m.imgur.com/MSPAz8p

Doom completely annihilates. There's literally nothing Cable can do to Doom and Doom can literally strip Cable of all his power if he wanted.
Those were just the Hate Waves, not a full telepathic assault. Red Onslaught was also being dampened by psi inhibitors, blocked by omega level telepathy and fighting all of Earth's heroes. It seems Xavier was fighting him internally as well, although his involvement by that point is unclear.

Are Doom fans out there wanking this, because there is a metric ton of context there.

For all his talk, Doom sure did skulk around in the backline when he met Red Onslaught face to face...

carver9
Originally posted by StyleTime
Those were just the Hate Waves. Red Onslaught was also being dampened by psi inhibitors, blocked by omega level telepathy and fighting all of Earth's heroes. It seems Xavier was fighting him internally as well, although his involvement by that point is unclear.

Are Doom fans out there wanking this, because there is a metric ton of context there.

Doom got mighty quiet when he met Red Onslaught face to face. smile

It still shows he have good defense, especially considering everything Red Onslaught did in that book via TP. I wouldn't consider Cable anywhere close to Onslaught in a TP comparison.

leonidas

StyleTime
It still shows he have good defense, especially considering everything Red Onslaught did in that book via TP. I wouldn't consider Cable anywhere close to Onslaught in a TP comparison.
That was a severely handicapped Red Onslaught though, and just the Hate Waves. I'd put Cable above those personally.

Smurph

abhilegend

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Depends how you want to interpret these scans:

https://i.imgur.com/8kvxPAH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/m84pz3X.jpg

Stoic
This could be a tougher fight for Cable than expected. A fully prepared Doom would likely defeat Cable with his own powers. Marvel's Mages have the ability to project TP attacks of their own and defend against them, because they have access to the Astral Plane. If Doom were after stealing those powers, I see no way for Cable to resist or stop the hack. Without prep, which is OOC for Doom, Cable has the power to win against most poor portrayals of Doom.

Doom ftw

DarkSaint85
I kinda feel like people have forgotten who God Cable was and what he could do.

Smurph
Originally posted by abhilegend
Emma's shields are above Doom's? Hmm, not sure about that. Even if you'd debate that point, it doesn't really matter. If Cable had put in any effort he would have steamrolled Emma's shields. Carver says Doom could easily shield against Cable... I disagree.

Moreover, Cable can attack on all fronts. He was soothing the pain of every dying person in the world, while stopping the deterioration of white blood cells in every AIDS patient in Africa, while constantly levitating Providence, while stopping hundreds of murders and thousands of car accidents... and after days of doing those things constantly, still had enough power in reserve to battle Surfer.

Even being generous to Doom, a forum Cable would simultaneously push his tp and tk defenses to their breaking point.

Maybe Doom can steal his powers or BFR him through time/space. Short of that, Cable wins, imo.

DarkSaint85
Yeah. Cable would annihilate him.

carver9
@smurph...

https://m.imgur.com/zFVom1t
https://m.imgur.com/QAs4g32

Doom seems to have defenses in his shields for mutant powers. Feel confident there's something that will protect against TK since Mags powers were near useless against him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Smurph
Even if you'd debate that point, it doesn't really matter. If Cable had put in any effort he would have steamrolled Emma's shields. Carver says Doom could easily shield against Cable... I disagree.

Moreover, Cable can attack on all fronts. He was soothing the pain of every dying person in the world, while stopping the deterioration of white blood cells in every AIDS patient in Africa, while constantly levitating Providence, while stopping hundreds of murders and thousands of car accidents... and after days of doing those things constantly, still had enough power in reserve to battle Surfer.

Even being generous to Doom, a forum Cable would simultaneously push his tp and tk defenses to their breaking point.

Maybe Doom can steal his powers or BFR him through time/space. Short of that, Cable wins, imo.
Yeah, that's flashy but even Cable insinuated that Xavier could stop him if he wanted. I'm not saying Doom is as powerful but he has a lot of random spells which can give Cable pause.

Glorificus
Without any prep whatsoever, I'd go with Cable more often than not.

celeyhyga17
Hi Glorificus

Glorificus
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Hi Glorificus

Hy celehyga17!! Did you catch the Mare of Easttown finale?
Crazy right?

celeyhyga17
Nope, but now ill check it out.
thumb up

Smurph

StyleTime
@smurph...

https://m.imgur.com/zFVom1t
https://m.imgur.com/QAs4g32

Doom seems to have defenses in his shields for mutant powers. Feel confident there's something that will protect against TK since Mags powers were near useless against him.
It doesn't say he has anti-mutant shields.

It's like watching someone block a punch and going "guess he's just got anti-human abilities."

https://m.imgur.com/0kPlDkm
She didn't actually attack him though. They were there for a meeting with Osborne, and had no reason to fight. It's also likely he prepped since he'd knew who would be present, as Osborne highlights later.

I'm not even saying Doom is helpless here, but we can't just ignore details and context.

abhilegend

"Id"
Originally posted by abhilegend
Deadpool's HF didn't increase his power though, it increased his stamina.

Its true that DP healing does not boost Cables Psi powers directly. But the emergence of the T.O. forces Cable to divert his psi power and concentration inward to keep it in check. With DP healing factor he does not have to do that, thats why Cable is more powerful with the healing factor than without it.

abhilegend
He wasn't giving any thought to the TO virus even before that, it wasn't an issue because his power was so great he could suppress it with minimal effort.

carver9
Originally posted by "Id"
Its true that DP healing does not boost Cables Psi powers directly. But the emergence of the T.O. forces Cable to divert his psi power and concentration inward to keep it in check. With DP healing factor he does not have to do that, thats why Cable is more powerful with the healing factor than without it.

Think it was said on panel that he use 20% of his power to keep the virus in check.

https://m.imgur.com/k0QYWaz

Bentley
Cable destroys poor Victor

Stoic
Originally posted by Bentley
Cable destroys poor Victor

The Beyonder should've been able to do that as well. The Surfer is also more powerful, but Doom has his ways. Cable would win if Doom hasn't already prepared for him. What are the chances that he is? He was prepared for a random encounter with Count Nefaria. It could be argued that being prepared for the various superhuman threats on Earth is in character for Doom. He pushed a button and Count Nefaria dropped like a brick. You can't argue power set when it comes to characters like Doom because Cable could be one button push away from being depowered.

leonidas
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hmmmmm?

There is no good defense against telekinesis, unless you're a telekinetic yourself or magically enchanted in some specific way.

yeah, i swear i had a scan of doom negating mutant powers. i thought it was a shield, but i guess i was mistaken--or i can't find it.

i think if this were a prepped battle it would be a very different battle, but since nothing is said about prep, i still see cable taking this more often than not. doom faced phoenix once i think and stuck her in some sort of loop to take her out, but i think he'd prepped for that. i think cable just has too much power. he's also created sentinels, but i don't think we can assume he incorporated that tech into his armor unless someone can prove it.

problem with someone like doom is that it's possible he'd have whatever he needed. trying to determine what is standard in his armor is impossible. still, cable was....uber powerful. without something specific prepped in his armor, i just don't see him winning a random encounter most of the time.

Galan007
Couldn't Doom potentially just BFR him?

carver9
Cable can teleport.

HumbleServant
Any good scans of this cable?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Galan007
Couldn't Doom potentially just BFR him?

Bodyslide by one.

Although I don't know how that would work if he was sent to Hell.

Galan007
Cable can teleport. I was thinking more of a dimensional or temporal BFR.

Old Man Whirly!
For me, Cable really should win this. But, Doom is Doom. Who tf knows?

Stoic
yeah, i swear i had a scan of doom negating mutant powers. i thought it was a shield, but i guess i was mistaken--or i can't find it.

i think if this were a prepped battle it would be a very different battle, but since nothing is said about prep, i still see cable taking this more often than not. doom faced phoenix once i think and stuck her in some sort of loop to take her out, but i think he'd prepped for that. i think cable just has too much power. he's also created sentinels, but i don't think we can assume he incorporated that tech into his armor unless someone can prove it.

problem with someone like doom is that it's possible he'd have whatever he needed. trying to determine what is standard in his armor is impossible. still, cable was....uber powerful. without something specific prepped in his armor, i just don't see him winning a random encounter most of the time.

Xaxier has his Xaxier Protocols, the Avengers have detailed information on just about every super powered and non super powered vigilante/hero on earth. You don't think that Doom does? Even after showing how easily he took down a random opponent like Nefaria? He pushed one button, and a guy powerful enough to wreck a pretty powerful team of Avengers was neutralized in a second. As I said, it would be out of character for Doom to go in unprepared. The people arguing for Cable are arguing power set. If this was Constatine a character just like Doom when it comes to being prepared was placed in a match versus Cable I'm almost certain that Constatine would be the favorite. To his credit, Doom took the Beyonders powers and that entities power levels shit all over Cable's.

Smurph
Originally posted by Stoic
Xaxier has his Xaxier Protocols, the Avengers have detailed information on just about every super powered and non super powered vigilante/hero on earth. You don't think that Doom does? Even after showing how easily he took down a random opponent like Nefaria? He pushed one button, and a guy powerful enough to wreck a pretty powerful team of Avengers was neutralized in a second. As I said, it would be out of character for Doom to go in unprepared. The people arguing for Cable are arguing power set. If this was Constatine a character just like Doom when it comes to being prepared was placed in a match versus Cable I'm almost certain that Constatine would be the favorite. To his credit, Doom took the Beyonders powers and that entities power levels shit all over Cable's. lol, this is a non-post.

I'm not arguing power set, I'm just arguing within forum rules. There's no prep here. Doom might carry around an anti-Cable gun built into his armor, but that's on you to prove. Arguing that prep is part of his character doesn't win him this match, it just explains why he could lose on the forum but win in a comic.

God Cable's real edge in this match is that he's well suited for the forum. This is a specific version of Cable that racked up a bunch of feats in a few issues before losing his powers - his only real "low" showing is losing to Surfer, and he was impressive throughout that fight.

Doom's edge is that he has a truckload of feats, so he's got options that Cable has no clear responses for (like Galan mentioned). Otoh, he's also got some relevant low showings:

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Depends how you want to interpret these scans:

https://i.imgur.com/8kvxPAH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/m84pz3X.jpg

IMO you could write a comic where either guy wins - but the full capacity rule just benefits Cable much more. He and Surfer were actively and instantly rebuilding everything that was getting vaporized during their fight - and he was simultaneously using his telepathy, and his tk in various ways (fighting Surfer, levitating Providence, etc).

He's easily capable of very quickly replicating Sue's feat while attacking Doom mentally and physically.

Doom has options, but it's an uphill battle.

Stoic
A poorly portrayed Doom certainly loses. And you may laugh, but if Susan were out to kill Cable she would probably be successful as well. What about the fact that Doom didn't fight her to the best of his ability since she is after all Valeria's mother? Non post until you begin thinking about it right.

Aakla
Doom has always wanted to defeat the FF with his intellect, if he just wanted them dead they would be dead via magic. This match up would be Doom using everything he had. Unless Doom felt that Cable was beneath him, the he would lose because of his ego by half assing it.

Stoic
Originally posted by Aakla
Doom has always wanted to defeat the FF with his intellect, if he just wanted them dead they would be dead via magic. This match up would be Doom using everything he had. Unless Doom felt that Cable was beneath him, the he would lose because of his ego by half assing it.

Like when does he ever half ass anything? It's the plot that gets in his way mostly, but besides that, the FF has Reed. Thanos himself has taken note to Doom's brilliance in the past. I'm not saying that Doom is as powerful as Cable Unleashed, what I am saying is that he doesn't need to be because Cable and his powers are public knowledge. For someone like Doom that knowledge is a means to exploit. Like Isaid before, it would be completely OOC for Doom to enter a battle against any well known superhuman unprepared.

h1a8
Couldn't doom BFR cable with magic? Couldn't he transmute him into a table or something? Doesn't doom magic rival Dr. Strange's?

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Couldn't doom BFR cable with magic? Couldn't he transmute him into a table or something? Doesn't doom magic rival Dr. Strange's?

Doom was said to be more powerful than Stephen, but has less control, or not as good at casting spells. Not sure about transmutation, but he was able to capture an entire team of Avengers until Sentry showed up.

"Id"
Think it was said on panel that he use 20% of his power to keep the virus in check.

https://m.imgur.com/k0QYWaz
Yup

thats what I was speaking about. Ahbi brings up Cables conversation with Xavier, where he mentions that containing the T.O. was an afterthought. But that is an open ended remark.

I would say Cables earlier comment in Soldier X, gives a better idea of how much power is being diverted which lines up with what I posted.

But what hell do I know I am just fanboy. peaches

Originally posted by h1a8
Its possible.

Arguments could be made that Cable could follow through with Sue Summers threat in pop Victors dome.

Philosophía
I wouldn't be surprised to see Doom's shield hold out against Cable's TK and spell his ass.

MrMind
magic>tech generally speaking

"Id"
No Philo your wrong. Cable is going to clap them cheeks and pump his ass full of tk. peaches

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.