Raiden (Metal Gear) vs Thor Odinson (MCU)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Yeah I'm just gonna claim this place as the new place for "all vs" threads, as people just don't visit Foreign Cinema, sorry mods.

Anyway, for people wondering how this match-up is remotely fair:
AbEZmruW9Co

That's Raiden in his weakest MGR state.

Round 1: MGS 4 Raiden with the High-Frequency Blade vs Thor up to the end of the first Avengers, with Mjolnir.

Round 2: Beginning of Metal Gear Rising Raiden with High-Frequency Blade (right before losing his arm) vs Thor as of Thor: Ragnarok with Stormbreaker.

Round 3: End of Metal Gear Rising Ripper Mode Raiden with the Murasama vs Thor as of the end of Avengers: Endgame, with Stormbreaker AND Mjolnir.

If people think Round 3 is a stomp in Thor's favor, give Raiden also his full arsenal of long-range weapons and the Machetes.

riv6672
Thor.

Psychotron
Raiden is stronger and faster and has a weapon that shouldn't have any isses cutting Thor. I see Raiden taking this.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Psychotron
Raiden is stronger and faster and has a weapon that shouldn't have any isses cutting Thor. I see Raiden taking this. Plus the fact that Raiden is extremely resistant to lightning.

riv6672
Still Thor.

Adam Grimes
Reported

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Reported Hoo?

KingD19
Raidens got this. His feats are simply more impressive than Thor's almost across the board. And Thor has no resistance against bladed weapons used by strong people like Loki or Hela.

Psychotron
Originally posted by riv6672
Still Thor.

Based on what? Raiden has every advantage.

Kazenji
Raiden, Thor won't know what hit him.

ShadowFyre
Raiden

Jmanghan
What if we remove his HF Blade?

KingD19
Originally posted by Jmanghan

Then Raiden just beats him to death at superspeed.

Arachnid1
Raiden stomps.

Psychotron

He's still faster and stronger.

Jmanghan
He's still faster and stronger. Do you think there's anyone on his strength level in the MCU?

KingD19
Not yet.

Psychotron
Do you think there's anyone on his strength level in the MCU?

Probably not. Tossing Excelsus around like he did was ridiculous.

Arachnid1
Probably not. Tossing Excelsus around like he did was ridiculous. There's also him holding back Arsenal Gear from crushing Snake. Raiden is ridiculous.

Psychotron
And that was pre-upgrade Raiden.

KingD19
Who was nearly dead and missing an arm.

NemeBro
Raiden would be incapable of hurting Thor, Thor would be incapable of hitting Raiden. Stalemate.

The Nidavellir feat lowballed to its absolute lowest end, which is to say if only moved a single pixel onscreen due to Thor himself, would make him much stronger than Raiden and Armstrong combined. thumb up

Psychotron
Originally posted by NemeBro
Raiden would be incapable of hurting Thor, Thor would be incapable of hitting Raiden. Stalemate.

The Nidavellir feat lowballed to its absolute lowest end, which is to say if only moved a single pixel onscreen due to Thor himself, would make him much stronger than Raiden and Armstrong combined. thumb up

You're either delusional or trolling, but even if we ignore the strength difference in favor of Raiden, he has a HF blade that can cut basically anything and Thor has terrible slashing and piercing resistance feats. Odinson gets shredded.

KingD19
Looking at all Thors feats and then Nidavellir makes me absolutely certain Raiden can replicate it and probably for much longer. He is so far above Thor in strength and durability feats that if Thor can do it, Raiden can with ease. Thor can't even punch out Hulk when Hulkbuster, Abomination, and Thanos have all put him down. Raiden on the other hand is casually slinging around hundreds and thousands of tons without breaking a sweat.

Jmanghan
I wanna point out we NEVER saw the full extent of Raiden's strength. His pre-upgraded body stopped Outer Haven and threw a Metal Gear, but his post-upgrade body... we just never saw what it's fully capable of.

He never seems to exert himself too much in the strength department. It's likely that Metal Gear was like lifting a 50kg weight to him.

KingD19
Every Gear he threw, he did it with not above a normal degree of effort. Even Exelcus he just turned and chucked it. It took like 3 seconds.

Also him using one of it's saws like a building sized sword and swinging it at the speed he did is just insane. Just lifting it and moving it by itself is crazy, but he was swinging it at speeds to match the robot while being like less than 1% the size of it.

NemeBro
he has a HF blade that can cut basically anything

Does he?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/NeglectedAnotherDove-size_restricted.gif

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/deadliestfiction/images/c/ca/Armstrong_speed.gif/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/320?cb=20180303172922

Even Sam's Muramasa couldn't cut Armstrong until it had stronger hands wielding it:

https://img.wattpad.com/3ba4639c5ad8e0b2802b247eadc17c77ba2b4c95/ 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f
776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f
7279496d6167652f484368424a39684b3949623542773d3d2d
3734333333343833382e313561626265393036636236663034
323934363534383736343833392e676966

Why? Getting cut by Loki could be a low feat, but Hela is stronger than Thor, strong enough to shatter Mjolnir with one hand. Mjolnir, which was forged in the heart of Nidavellir. She's also much stronger than Raiden.

NemeBro
Originally posted by KingD19
Looking at all Thors feats and then Nidavellir makes me absolutely certain Raiden can replicate it and probably for much longer. He is so far above Thor in strength and durability feats that if Thor can do it, Raiden can with ease. Thor can't even punch out Hulk when Hulkbuster, Abomination, and Thanos have all put him down. Raiden on the other hand is casually slinging around hundreds and thousands of tons without breaking a sweat. Do you have a single feat from Raiden on par with the Nidavellir feat? This is a rhetorical question, I already know for a fact that you don't. I'm much more familiar with Raiden's feats than you are, as well as Thor's. smile

Psychotron
Originally posted by NemeBro
Does he?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/NeglectedAnotherDove-size_restricted.gif

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/deadliestfiction/images/c/ca/Armstrong_speed.gif/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/320?cb=20180303172922

Even Sam's Muramasa couldn't cut Armstrong until it had stronger hands wielding it:

Why? Getting cut by Loki could be a low feat, but Hela is stronger than Thor, strong enough to shatter Mjolnir with one hand. Mjolnir, which was forged in the heart of Nidavellir. She's also much stronger than Raiden.

Raiden has the Muramasa in Round 3.

You said it yourself, Loki cut Thor with no effort. Raiden blows Loki out of the water in strength feats. Why on Earth would Raiden be unable to cut Thor? .

Jmanghan
Yeah the Nidavellir feat makes him much stronger, however, the Excelsus blade feat and his durability should make him strong enough to be able to block or parry Thor's blows without dying. He's much faster then Thor when it comes to reaction times and on-foot movement speed, it's the flying where Thor might be a bit faster, though not by much.

I'd also say Raiden's punches can hurt Thor.

Thor's lightning won't do much, I don't think lightning can hurt Raiden after he was hit by it directly and all it did was conduct through him.

I'm not sure if getting the Bifrost involved will change anything but we'll see.

Let's not forget Thor has stuff like TK on his side, meaning he won't have to get super close unless he has to. But since he's in-character, he'll probably try to get up-close and personal.

Jmanghan
Raiden has the Muramasa in Round 3.

You said it yourself, Loki cut Thor with no effort. Raiden blows Loki out of the water in strength feats. Why on Earth would Raiden be unable to cut Thor? . What about an extra round where Thor gets everything he had in the previous round plus the Bifrost?

Psychotron
He already has Stormbreaker and Mjolnir. What more do you want?

riv6672
He already has Stormbreaker and Mjolnir. What more do you want?
The freaking Twilight Sword? laughing

Psychotron
Where's he gonna hold it?

riv6672
Where's he gonna hold it?
eek! laughing

SquallX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.