Brexit only means Brexit for popularist bigotry!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
For Boris rules and agreements don't count.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/12/brexit-bust-up-torpedoes-johnsons-bid-to-showcase-global-britain?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

What a fool.

eThneoLgrRnae
Oh pooty... smh. no

How long's it been since the Brexit vote happened, 5-6 years maybe?

And you're still whining about it? laughing out loud

eThneoLgrRnae
And before you accuse me of whining over 2020 election, that one was clearly stolen, unlike your Brexit vote.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
And before you accuse me of whining over 2020 election, that one was clearly stolen, unlike your Brexit vote.

The Vote Leave campaign was literally found guilty in a court of law of breaking campaign spending rules.

cdtm
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
The Vote Leave campaign was literally found guilty in a court of law of breaking campaign spending rules.

https://www.ibanet.org/article/5972B95C-AC35-4949-A5AA-9C8A1446497E

Looks more complicated then bald faced thievery. There's alleged misinterpretations of law by an official, and one allegation that the "Remain" side benefitted from some unfairness.

-Pr-
The Brexit vote was years ago, yet only came in to affect recently. And they're still ****ing it up. Northern Ireland is a ****ing mess, and Boris is constantly trying to act the bollocks about a document HE signed.

Blakemore
The big problem is most people want to get Brexit done, yet I think most of us forgot about Northern Ireland so if they could go back to Ireland? 😏 things could be simpler.

Badabing
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
For Boris rules and agreements don't count.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/12/brexit-bust-up-torpedoes-johnsons-bid-to-showcase-global-britain?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

What a fool. Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I try and engage in polite discourse tbh. Originally posted by -Pr-
https://i.imgur.com/VR6u9Vb.gif

Artol
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Oh pooty... smh. no

How long's it been since the Brexit vote happened, 5-6 years maybe?

And you're still whining about it? laughing out loud

Well, it is a reversible vote, if the UK wants to rejoin the EU at a later date it can do so, and if people want to campaign for that to happen I don't see why that's a bad thing really.

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!

Blakemore
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I got Irish citizenship because my grandfather was Irish. My mother got an Irish passport, then me. yeah but you went the other way to enjoy that lovely Nigerian Guinness.

ArtificialGlory
The ridiculous self-mutilation that is Brexit continues.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Blakemore
yeah but you went the other way to enjoy that lovely Nigerian Guinness. uh huh, I did, by way of so many places.Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
The ridiculous self-mutilation that is Brexit continues. thumb up Agreed it's embarrassing!

Blakemore
**** you whirly

cdtm
This is why Libertarians are suspicious of central power in the first place. The left treats it like a tool, and fully support central governments when their guy is in power. They don't seem to get your guy won't always be in power, and you'll be stuck with a Boris Johnson or Donald Trump.

And all that power enjoyed by your side, is now THEIR power.

This is why Libertarians throw out the baby with the bath water, and prize a government that doesn't have the power to hurt anyone, even if it costs in power to help.

A good philosophy.

Newjak
Originally posted by cdtm
This is why Libertarians are suspicious of central power in the first place. The left treats it like a tool, and fully support central governments when their guy is in power. They don't seem to get your guy won't always be in power, and you'll be stuck with a Boris Johnson or Donald Trump.

This is why Libertarians throw out the baby with the bath water, and prize a government that doesn't have the power to hurt anyone, even if it costs in power to help.

A good philosophy. The problem with this thinking by Libertarians is that it opens the space for local powers to impose their wills without being countered. For instance without a strong Federal Government Jim Crow laws wouldn't have been overturned.

So it's not a 'good' philosophy. Just one with it's own issues. I personally think it's much more reasonable to assume any entity with power can be exploited unjustly therefore careful checks and balances must always be given with power.

Blakemore
The weird irony is libertarianism and democracy are both left wing philosophies.

cdtm
Depends on the Libertarian. Small government, low/no taxes, no affirmative action laws, all drugs legal, these would be considered right wing in the US.

eThneoLgrRnae

A good philosophy.

Well, when they can just rig elections practically in full view of everyone and get away with it like they did in 2020 election they actually can keep their side in power indefinitely. So hey, why not do it?

And if a state tries to put certain measures in place to help secure their elections better (*coughGeorgiacough*) well that's ok because the side that loves to cheat will just sue them for supposedly "suppressing votes" or whatever bullshit lame excuse they use.

eThneoLgrRnae
Depends on the Libertarian. Small government, low/no taxes, no affirmative action laws, all drugs legal, these would be considered right wing in the US.

Yeah, pretty much. Though I don't think all drugs should be legal.

Both Rand Paul and his father are clearly right wing libertarians. In fact, I don't know of any actual left wing liberertarians. True libertarianism seems to be right wing to me.

But you know how some leftists are, they'll argue that shit doesn't stink lol.

Blakemore
Depends on the Libertarian. Small government, low/no taxes, no affirmative action laws, all drugs legal, these would be considered right wing in the US. and you guys also misspelled rumour.

eThneoLgrRnae
The weird irony is libertarianism and democracy are both left wing philosophies.

LOL. Even if what you said were true (which it isn't) democracy sucks ass. The United States is a republic. Our founders made sure of that because they knew how democracy sucked as a government type.

And calling libetarianism left wing is even more retarded lol.

As I've said before, sometimes I think people like you just say stupud shit to troll.

eThneoLgrRnae
and you guys also misspelled rumour.

Nah, we spell it right.

Would you quit b*tching about the way people spell words? It is f***ing annoying. American engish is not the same as UK english. That's why we have American english dictionaries.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.