Is New York style pizza really all that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
I hear native New Yorkers downplay anything outside of NYC or Jersey all the time. Personally, I think our CT Pizza places are pretty good, Frank Pepe's Apizza being one I'd put against any pizza in any state.

But I've never had this mythical New York pizza, so wondering if anyone here has some experience with it.

cdtm
I will say this though:

i've had New York bagels. They are indisputably far, far superior to anything from CT. They just are.

Blakemore

Bashar Teg
pizza tastes better when it's not made poorly and with crappy ingredients and fake mozzarella. you can find good pizza anywhere if you're willing to go out of your way and pay more, but in the NY metro area you don't need to travel far or pay out the ass for good/real pizza.

Klaw
We need more food threads in the GDF.

Bashar Teg
nah

Jmanghan
I'm from Jersey and can confirm we have top-notch pizza.

Especially our calzones or panzarottis, you have not lived until you've had that cuisine.

The ones that are covered in garlic and when you're done you get the sauce all over your fingers, MMM, damn good.

cdtm
Originally posted by Klaw
We need more food threads in the GDF.

I could do one on ultra spicy foods.

The beauty of being a spice addict is no one ever steals your lunch.

Blakemore
Originally posted by cdtm
I could do one on ultra spicy foods.

The beauty of being a spice addict is no one ever steals your lunch. spicy chicken wings, oh my spice!

snowdragon
Originally posted by cdtm
I hear native New Yorkers downplay anything outside of NYC or Jersey all the time. Personally, I think our CT Pizza places are pretty good, Frank Pepe's Apizza being one I'd put against any pizza in any state.

But I've never had this mythical New York pizza, so wondering if anyone here has some experience with it.

Have you ever heard of a bacon grinder, it came from mystic conn?

Old Man Whirly!
Shouldn't this be in the off topic.

Klaw
I really enjoy Domino's Brooklyn Style pizza.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Shouldn't this be in the off topic. the mods must be on holiday.

Tzeentch
The only pizza I eat is dominos and little ceasers. It's like 10 bucks for a large.

Klaw
Little Caesars and Dominos are both very good and cheap.

Blakemore

Blakemore
FFs iPad!

samhain
On a couple of occasions I've heard that pizza from that area being superior is due to the water table there, it somehow improves the flavour of the dough. Not sure how true that is.

Ted Koplar
Never had New York pizza, looks good though.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Ted Koplar
Never had New York pizza, looks good though. Hi, new member. Welcome to our house in the middle of our street. smile

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Blakemore
the mods must be on holiday. They are consistently on holiday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.