Juneteenth is now a federal holiday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marcssands14
The bill to make Juneteenth a holiday was signed today earlier by Pres.Joe Biden. How do you feel about this and why do you think it to so long to become a holiday,after over 150 yrs?

walshy
Yeah it's pretty good

Probably racism caused it to not be recognised as a holiday

Nuke Nixon
Maybe black folks celebrating being freed should think a bit about all the black folks still enslaved outside the US, maybe they wouldn't think they had it so bad from systemic racism and white supremacy and try to figure out how to help their enslaved brothers. Or do Black Lives only Matter if they're American?

Blakemore
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Maybe black folks celebrating being freed should think a bit about all the black folks still enslaved outside the US, maybe they wouldn't think they had it so bad from systemic racism and white supremacy and try to figure out how to help their enslaved brothers. Or do Black Lives only Matter if they're American? you make a good point. There is still slavery in the world and we should work on stopping it.

Nuke Nixon
Good luck stopping it when no one wants to talk about it, MSM doesn't acknowledge it even exists, none of the last 20 Presidents have mentioned it in any way shape or form, it's never been on any political platform, it has zero economic importance to the US, and black people in this country ignore it.

The fvck can anyone do about that shit?!

Nuke Nixon
They're so damn hell bent for leather to wreck entire cities over the mistreatment death of one black man but an entire enslaved race means nothing... NOTHING???!

Americans are fvcking useless.

rudester
Can't even pronounce the word. June-teen? Sounds ridiculous. Sounds like an Asian holiday.

Blakemore
Good luck stopping it when no one wants to talk about it, MSM doesn't acknowledge it even exists, none of the last 20 Presidents have mentioned it in any way shape or form, it's never been on any political platform, it has zero economic importance to the US, and black people in this country ignore it.

The fvck can anyone do about that shit?! hold on there. The us always intervenes with nations that do atrocities like this. I think Biden is going full metal jacket on this, lol.

Mariland
Juneteenth sounds like a big phat lady

Blakemore
Hello dim.

marcssands14
Just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. Except the 1st post,the other posts are disingenuous. Can mods move this to general please?

Nuke Nixon
My comments weren't disingenuous, they were serious and were from informed observation.

marcssands14
My comments weren't disingenuous, they were serious and were from informed observation.

Ok bro. I'm gonna assume your not Black and dont fully understand the significance of Juneteenth. A significance that is identified with African American slaves not African slaves all over the world. So ,like I said before, your comment other African slaves was disingenuous. Sounds like something Surtur would say tbh. To cause strife.

Nuke Nixon
Fair enough, happy Juneteenth then.

marcssands14
Fair enough, happy Juneteenth then.

Thank you

Nuke Nixon
I'll go one better for you folks, let's take some coin from the the top 50 richest white dickbags in the world and distribute that money to all the black folks in the USA which got hit the hardest with slavery. #GeniusIdea #BLM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.