So anyone here read Malazan series?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HulkIsHulk
Its an absurdly long series with ridiculously large novels - but nice if you can get into it.

samhain
Only read Gardens Of The Moon which I then loaned to a friend and haven't had it back, would rather read through it again before picking up the 2nd book, but I was impressed with the first, a possessed marionette, a resurrected humanoid tyrant, an honourable thief, it has it all.

Trocity
The first book is also easily the worst in the series. Comparing Erikson's craft in GotM compared to the last book, The Crippled God, is night and day.

For what it's worth, I think its the greatest fantasy series ever written.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Trocity
The first book is also easily the worst in the series. Comparing Erikson's craft in GotM compared to the last book, The Crippled God, is night and day.

For what it's worth, I think its the greatest fantasy series ever written.
The first book was intentionally made confusing by the writer who wanted to write a kudzu type story and only wanted readera with patience.

Frankly, I think that was a moronic idea. Had not there been fantasy fans who are used to confusing and long-length novels due to writers before him, a second part would neevr have been published

samhain
I went and bought Deadhouse Gates yesterday, I'd have bought book 3 as well but they didn't have it in stock, I suppose book 2 is meaty enough to last a while.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.