Being critical of Immigration does not make you racist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Klaw
Immigrant refers to a persons' status regarding their citizenship.

It does not refer in any way to their age, sex, race etc.

But people like to call you racist if you say anything critical of Immigration.

Blakemore

Newjak
Originally posted by Klaw

But people like to call you racist if you say anything critical of Immigration. Well to be fair most often times when conservatives are talking about Immigration today they're referring to a specific subset of Immigrants as the undesirable ones. Shithole countries and all of that nonsense.

Most often times it's pretty easy to see these divides almost always can be drawn down the racial line. White European immigrants are from good countries. Brown/black immigrants come from the bad countries.

cdtm
So did you know Switzerland has a higher standard of living compared to the US?

Where is all that pressure to accept refugees for them?

I also discovered Switzerland is highly racist, according to people who work and live there. For example, they have the French side where only French are allowed to go (Perhaps not officially, but everyone knows the rules there...)

-Pr-
Originally posted by cdtm

I also discovered Switzerland is highly racist, according to people who work and live there. For example, they have the French side where only French are allowed to go (Perhaps not officially, but everyone knows the rules there...)

Switzerland is already accepting refugees, I thought.

Newjak

I also discovered Switzerland is highly racist, according to people who work and live there. For example, they have the French side where only French are allowed to go (Perhaps not officially, but everyone knows the rules there...) What exactly is your point?

Blakemore
France is racist and Switzerland is copying? 🤪

eThneoLgrRnae

But people like to call you racist if you say anything critical of Immigration.

Of course.... and unfortunately you pointing this out is not going to make them change their ignorant behavior of calling us racists. Doesn't matter how many times we repeat it is not about race. They don't care because they oh so love to use the "you're racist!" BS card.

I am for the most part supportive of actual, legitimate, legal immigration... the hundreds of thousands of people that've been overrunning our border over past few months are not immigrants though, they're illegal aliens no matter how much leftists continue to sugarcoat it by calling them 'undocumented" immigrants.

And the Biden/Harris team is doing jacksquat about it. Why? Quite simple.... it's because that is what they actually want.

Klaw
Originally posted by Newjak
Well to be fair most often times when conservatives are talking about Immigration today they're referring to a specific subset of Immigrants as the undesirable ones. Shithole countries and all of that nonsense.

Most often times it's pretty easy to see these divides almost always can be drawn down the racial line. White European immigrants are from good countries. Brown/black immigrants come from the bad countries.

Well I'm definitely not one of those types.

There are good and bad people regardless of race and country.

Newjak
Well I'm definitely not one of those types.

There are good and bad people regardless of race and country. That's fine but you can't ignore the reality that is a common way people view immigration and that can be broken down by racial lines.

cdtm
Originally posted by Blakemore
France is racist and Switzerland is copying? 🤪

I like that point and will pretend it was originally mine. smile thumb up

cdtm
What exactly is your point?

That countries like the US and UK and such have tremendous pressure to accept refugees on one hand, yet that pressure is not exerted equally against countries that are held up as ideals.

Take Israel, everyones favorite first world power whipping boy (For good reason). In the early 2k's or so, the prime minister at the time shamed the US for not doing more to accept every migrant it can. Yet this same person when asked about Palestinian refugees said migrants could not be Israel's responsibility, and he could not endorse one refugee on their soil.

I'm not saying this as a "Well this is worse" redirect, I just think there's total double standards on display, in plain sight, and few really seem to talk about them.

And I mean, I'm actually fine with the US accepting refugees here. But thats also a burdensome thing, and these supposed utopias, or those pointing fingers, should be made to accept their share too. Like, the entire top ten list of "Best countries to live", start with them and work your way down.

Klaw
Leftists love saying how Canada and the U.S. needs to accept more refugees and immigrants.

Funny how Middle Eastern countries or Asian countries don't.

I wonder why...

Newjak
That countries like the US and UK and such have tremendous pressure to accept refugees on one hand, yet that pressure is not exerted equally against countries that are held up as ideals.

Take Israel, everyones favorite first world power whipping boy (For good reason). In the early 2k's or so, the prime minister at the time shamed the US for not doing more to accept every migrant it can. Yet this same person when asked about Palestinian refugees said migrants could not be Israel's responsibility, and he could not endorse one refugee on their soil.

I'm not saying this as a "Well this is worse" redirect, I just think there's total double standards on display, in plain sight, and few really seem to talk about them.

And I mean, I'm actually fine with the US accepting refugees here. But thats also a burdensome thing, and these supposed utopias, or those pointing fingers, should be made to accept their share too. Like, the entire top ten list of "Best countries to live", start with them and work your way down. As you yourself it's a redirect.

Just because other countries aren't accepting refugees doesn't mean that makes the U.S. not doing it acceptable.

Also quick research shows that Israel has a higher refugee population per capita than the U.S. does. Now that could be the result of many things and maybe they do still have a bigoted view against Palestinian refugees which is bad. That doesn't mean they don't accept refugees though.

It's also true that Switzerland and Canada both have a higher refugee population on a per capita basis. In fact many European countries like the U.K., France, Belgium, Norway and others all have higher refugee populations then the U.S. Germany has one of the highest rates of their population being made up of refugees.

Leftists love saying how Canada and the U.S. needs to accept more refugees and immigrants.

I wonder why... Funny that you make that statement about Middle Eastern countries but when I looked at it a good number of Middle countries top out as the countries with the highest percentage of refugee populations as part of their country's population.

You also see a large number of African countries as well.

It makes sense to right because often times these countries are some of first countries where refugees would end up while fleeing their own.

Now you are correct about Asian countries like Japan being worse than the U.S. but the U.S. is still far from being near the top and being the country with the most resources that does not paint a good picture.

Blakemore

gold slorg

I wonder why...

the western world suffers from ****ed up demographics due to how retirement system works, while africa and asia are overpopulated and have no problem with demographics (besides pretty westernized/civilized countries like Japan), that's why, lol

basically we need to import workers so the system doesn't collapse

now another thing is i would prefer to **** the retirement system altogether and the boomers but it's not like there's not an economical reason lol

Robtard
Well to be fair most often times when conservatives are talking about Immigration today they're referring to a specific subset of Immigrants as the undesirable ones. Shithole countries and all of that nonsense.

Bingo.

Robtard

I wonder why...

We can actually fact check your Far-Right talking point again using the power of the interwebs.

Top 10 countries receive the most refugees per population ratio

1) Lebanon
2) Jordan
3) Nauru
4) Turkey
5) Liberia
6) Uganda
7) Malta
8) Sudan
9) Sweden
10) South Sudan

As you see, yet again, your Far-Right talking point which you've gleaned from OAN, Fox and which Far-Right youtube jabber is still bullshit.

snowdragon

Robtard
That's why we go with per capita, as you wouldn't expect a "3rd world" country like Lebanon with a population of only 6.8mil to take in the same body count as say America or Canada, who are vast and wealthy. Or maybe you would, dunno.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Robtard
That's why we go with per capita, as you wouldn't expect a "3rd world" country like Lebanon with a population of only 6.8mil to take in the same amount as say America or Canada, who are vast and wealthy. Or maybe you would, dunno.

Most of their refugees are due to proximity more than some charitable aspect of said country. Frankly I don't care about the per capita aspect with 330 million folks we could absorb some middle eastern countries and it still wouldn't be significant on a per capita basis when Lebanon has 6.8 million total.

Still the USA takes in more immigrants than any other country in the world bar none and that's not even counting our illegal immigrants coming in, hell we probably have more illegal immigrants coming in yearly than some countries take in legal immigrants lulz.

Klaw
Originally posted by snowdragon
Still the USA takes in more immigrants than any other country in the world bar none and that's not even counting our illegal immigrants coming in, hell we probably have more illegal immigrants coming in yearly than some countries take in legal immigrants lulz.

That's probably true, and will surely trigger some people on here.

Robtard
Most of their refugees are due to proximity more than some charitable aspect of said country. Frankly I don't care about the per capita aspect with 330 million folks we could absorb some middle eastern countries and it still wouldn't be significant on a per capita basis when Lebanon has 6.8 million total.

Can you quantify that claim? I don't pretend to know the goodwill or not good will of the Lebanese people or their government. I've only been to the border once.

Which doesn't counter the original point that some other countries do their part as well. But the US should be taking in the most, we're the richest country, one of the biggest, we have the most influence on the world stage and frankly, we're a country that was founded on immigration. This will trigger Rightist here.

Old Man Whirly!
Can you quantify that claim? I don't pretend to know the goodwill or not good will of the Lebanese people or their government. I've only been to the border once.

Which doesn't counter the original point that some other countries do their part as well. But the US should be taking in the most, we're the richest country, one of the biggest, we have the most influence on the world stage and frankly, we're a country that was founded on immigration. This will trigger Rightist here. thumb up Bingo!

snowdragon

The US should be taking in the most, we're the richest country, one of the biggest, we have the most influence on the world stage and frankly, we're a country was founded on immigration. This will trigger Rightist.

I don't care if we take in a million immigrants a year, good for them.

Here is an older politifact check on Rubio:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2012/jun/20/marco-rubio/marco-rubio-says-us-admits-1-million-immigrants-ye/

cdtm

Which doesn't counter the original point that some other countries do their part as well. But the US should be taking in the most, we're the richest country, one of the biggest, we have the most influence on the world stage and frankly, we're a country that was founded on immigration. This will trigger Rightist here.

The richest country with lower standards of living.

Something doesn't add up.

Robtard
The richest country with lower standards of living.

Something doesn't add up.

Agreed there. eg our healthcare is a complete joke.

jaden_2.0

I wonder why...

Uh-huh

Darth Thor
We can actually fact check your Far-Right talking point again using the power of the interwebs.

Top 10 countries receive the most refugees per population ratio

1) Lebanon
2) Jordan
3) Nauru
4) Turkey
5) Liberia
6) Uganda
7) Malta
8) Sudan
9) Sweden
10) South Sudan

As you see, yet again, your Far-Right talking point which you've gleaned from OAN, Fox and which Far-Right youtube jabber is still bullshit.

Ooof Ownage

Old Man Whirly!
This threads purpose is so bigoted and xenophobic tbh.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

Nope.

Sayitwitmeh
What the FICK are youmlosers talk bout

Newjak

Still the USA takes in more immigrants than any other country in the world bar none and that's not even counting our illegal immigrants coming in, hell we probably have more illegal immigrants coming in yearly than some countries take in legal immigrants lulz. Did you just equate Immigrants and Refugees to be the same exact thing?

Old Man Whirly!
Did you just equate Immigrants and Refugees to be the same exact thing? I read it as that too.Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

snowdragon
Did you just equate Immigrants and Refugees to be the same exact thing?

No, I didn't, I used separate language when discussing refugees vs immigrants.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/refugees-and-asylees-united-states-2021

Also Globally just interesting to note:

Newjak
No, I didn't, I used separate language when discussing refugees vs immigrants.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/refugees-and-asylees-united-states-2021

Also Globally just interesting to note: Okay so then why do you need to compare the number of refugees taken in by countries to the number immigrants that enter the U.S. if you understand they are different?

Or present them in a similar vein of thought if you want to go that route?

Blakemore

snowdragon
I simply addressed and added to Rob's refugee post from the website he posted and then I discussed immigration, relax man.

The USA's total refugee numbers aren't that good and they are spread out of a few decades.

Our legal immigration system though while it maybe slow still allows over 1 million folks in a year and that's pretty ok.

Old Man Whirly!
Okay so then why do you need to compare the number of refugees taken in by countries to the number immigrants that enter the U.S. if you understand they are different?

Or present them in a similar vein of thought if you want to go that route? That was the sleight of hand that confused me to be honest.

cdtm

Old Man Whirly!
Ever been to India? Or know any Indians?

Trust me, no one wants America to turn into India. That's why Indians are coming here, to get away from India. I've been to India... many times. Like the states different parts of it are different.

eThneoLgrRnae
Dinesh D'Souza is an Indian.

A highly intelligent, conservative, best-selling Indian book author who Obama had wrongly locked up over BS.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae

A highly intelligent, conservative/B] hmmm, what is wrong with this sentence?

Blakemore

cdtm

Blakemore
ermm

Grand-Moff-Gav
This does not seem like a fruitful debate thus far...

Newjak
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
This does not seem like a fruitful debate thus far... I think part of the issue is the premise of the debate is off.

Simply defining what immigration means and stating because it doesn't inherently involve race with implication that means being critical of immigration doesn't automatically make you racists doesn't matter.

Everyone knows you can be critical of the idea immigration and not be "racist". The problem is that a lot of historical contention to immigration was based on bigotry. Especially here in the U.S. Most objections to immigration in the U.S. has historically and even in the modern setting been about "protecting our heritage".

Which was more overtly stated in the past to be we don't want your kind here often depicting other races as uncivilized and undesirable.

So the whole foundation of this debate can be summed up as you're technically right about the idea but you're ignoring reality to do so.

Modern U.S. immigration critiques very much are drawn down racial lines from practical standpoint and whether people to admit or not the immigration laws that we have now disproportionately effect people along racial lines. Whether you want to believe that to be coincidence or designed is irrelevant to the previous mentioned statement's factual nature.

jaden_2.0

KMC's permanent tagline.

Blakemore

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
KMC's permanent tagline.

Jaden... thats a name I've not heard since, oh before you were created.

jaden_2.0
Before the dark times...

Blakemore

eThneoLgrRnae

Of course not. Kinda hard to have a productive discussion when leftist retards have it firmly set in their delusional minds that illegal aliens are "immigants" and so therefore conservatives hate immigrants and want them all deported lol.

When you can't even agree on what words mean kinda difficult to actually get anywhere.

It's also hard to have a productive discussion when no matter how many times you repeat that it is not about race leftists continue to bring it up because they're so damn obsessed with it and gender.

Trying to reason or have a productive discussion with leftists is like banging your head against a friggin' wall. Waste of time and energy.

Newjak
Of course not. Kinda hard to have a productive discussion when leftist retards have it firmly set in their delusional minds that illegal aliens are "immigants" and so therefore conservatives hate immigrants and want them all deported lol.

When you can't even agree on what words mean kinda difficult to actually get anywhere.

It's also hard to have a productive discussion when no matter how many times you repeat that it is not about race leftists continue to bring it up because they're so damn obsessed with it and gender.

Trying to reason or have a productive discussion with leftists is like banging your head against a friggin' wall. Waste of time and energy. laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

eThneoLgrRnae
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing

Newjak
laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

snowdragon
I assume you mean our southern border and how our immigrant policy affects those immigrants?

Robtard

Trying to reason or have a productive discussion with leftists is like banging your head against a friggin' wall. Waste of time and energy.

Umm, a person who comes from another country to live in the US by legal or illegal means is still an "immigrant".

HYG: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/immigrant

Old Man Whirly!
laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing durcry

eThneoLgrRnae
They're illegal aliens, not immigrants.

Klaw
The Left doesn't think anyone is "Illegal."

Anyone that comes here not through legal process is an Illegal Alien.

Don't lump law abiding Immigrants in with them.

eThneoLgrRnae
Yeah, they seem to think that people have a right to sneak across our border without our permission just because.... well.... reasons lol

snowdragon
It would be interesting if North America had a program like the EU that unified Canada and MExico and the USA for travel and other pieces.

Klaw
No thanks.

Newjak
What I find so funny is go back 6 or so decades the difference between how illegal immigrants enter today is very similar to how legal immigrants entered then.

Like for the majority of this country's existence it has had an open border 😂

snowdragon
What I find so funny is go back 6 or so decades the difference between how illegal immigrants enter today is very similar to how legal immigrants entered then.

Like for the majority of this country's existence it has had an open border 😂

Open it up, let everyone in, frankly I'll be one of the last folks affected by this, I hunt, fish, farm and online business has never been better. There is alot more than just immigrants to discuss when we look at the big picture. Can we support jobs/infrastructure etc do they spread out or congregate.....I'm sure the water shortage will be better server by illegal immigrants and won't cause a stir.

Grand-Moff-Gav

Blakemore
Damn scots, they ruin Scotland lol

jaden_2.0
That's also right.

Darth Thor
Theres nothing wrong with being critical of current immigration laws.

Where it gets f***ed up is when you act as if most or all your countrys problems all harken back to immigration. Instead of just admitting the reality that its mostly down to corrupt politics.

Blakemore

cdtm
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Theres nothing wrong with being critical of current immigration laws.

Where it gets f***ed up is when you act as if most or all your countrys problems all harken back to immigration. Instead of just admitting the reality that its mostly down to corrupt politics.

No, immigration is a factor too. Cultural tension is a thing.

If it wasn't, ask yourself why Israeli jews and various arabs don't get along. They practically look identical, yet are always fighting.

It's cultural.

Blakemore

cdtm

Old Man Whirly!
Not what I'm saying at all.

Sure, people from other cumtures get along too. Never said they couldn't.

But the fact is groups of people fight. Always have, always will.

Like the Italians and Irish did back when they were heavily immigrating. Italians were actually treated like Hispanic/Latino's get treated, researchers in published paper's talking about Italians like they talk about new immigrants now. The Italians came over, moved into communities full of other Italians, and inevitably had problems with other communities in the same area. So it goes back to wealth. Keep up!

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!

Darth Thor
No, immigration is a factor too. Cultural tension is a thing.

If it wasn't, ask yourself why Israeli jews and various arabs don't get along. They practically look identical, yet are always fighting.

It's cultural.

Its An issue, not THE issue its made out to be.

Yeah problem is Israelis were not just immigrants. They are an occupying force. Otherwise Jews have lived there with Arabs for centuries.

Klaw
Originally posted by gold slorg
the western world suffers from ****ed up demographics due to how retirement system works, while africa and asia are overpopulated and have no problem with demographics (besides pretty westernized/civilized countries like Japan), that's why, lol

basically we need to import workers so the system doesn't collapse

now another thing is i would prefer to **** the retirement system altogether and the boomers but it's not like there's not an economical reason lol

This is a good point.

We have an aging population and we need more young people in the system to pay taxes to support the older people.

People are having less children, so Immigration is the answer.

cdtm
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
So it goes back to wealth. Keep up!

Italian communities are still fighting with other communities though. smile

Blakemore

cdtm
Its An issue, not THE issue its made out to be.

Yeah problem is Israelis were not just immigrants. They are an occupying force. Otherwise Jews have lived there with Arabs for centuries.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-941ede1c2682d45a5f2d82d67c57d2df

Darth Thor
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-941ede1c2682d45a5f2d82d67c57d2df

That's more of an issue of intolerance towards other Religions. And nothing to do with immigration, given there were many indigenous Jewish Arabs in those same countries. The arab world in general has been pretty intolerant. Although become much worse towards Jews since the creation of Israel.

Although again historically in Palestine, Jews and Muslims had lived there together for centuries. In fact Jews fought alongside Muslims against the Crusaders to protect that same land they are fighting over now.

As for Mosques in Israel, that's great. Don't see how that helps Palestinians in Gaza though. Or those being evicted from the West Bank.

Scribble
It would be interesting if North America had a program like the EU that unified Canada and MExico and the USA for travel and other pieces. they could call it the Organisation of North American Nations

jaden_2.0
Being critical of a shambolic immigration policy doesn't make you racist. Calling immigrants drug dealers and rapists solely on the basis of the country they are immigrating from does though.

cdtm
Being critical of a shambolic immigration policy doesn't make you racist. Calling immigrants drug dealers and rapists solely on the basis of the country they are immigrating from does though.

Trump never called all immigrants drug dealers and rapists.

jaden_2.0
Lucky for me then that I never said he called all immigrants drug dealers and rapists.

eThneoLgrRnae
I can't believe morons still haven't gotten that Trump never called mexicans rapists and drug dealers.

Anyone who claims he did is taking what he said out-of-context. Not really surprised though since those same idiots still probably believe the long debunked lie that Trump made fun of a disabled person.

See, this is the problem when you get all of your "news" from the likes of CNN, MSNBC. and the BBC lol.

Trump wasn't calling all mexicans rapists. Hell, he wasn't even referring to all illegals as rapists. He was talking about, you know, those who actually WERE rapists when he said "Mexico is not sending their best".

If he thought everybody in Mexico was as bad as the illegal alien rapists and drug dealers then he wouldn't have implied that there are much better people in Mexico. The fact is he was right about a large number of illegal aliens causing harm to actual American citizens in a myriad of ways.

Illegal immigration was a huge problem back then. Unfortunately, it is even worse now under Biden's and Harris' "leadership".

eThneoLgrRnae
Really though, people should quit whining and b*tching about Trump.

He's not in the WH anymore (even though he is actually the rightful president) so why keep bringing him up? I'm tired of hearing about him quite frankly.

Darth Thor

Blakemore

jaden_2.0
I love the fact that defence of Trump goes from "he didn't say that" to "he didn't call ALL Mexicans drug dealers and rapists"

It's like a holocaust denier changing from "the holocaust didn't happen" to "well they didn't kill ALL the Jews".

Darth Thor
@Blakemore Is that at the end of the quote? Or you joking?

jaden_2.0
@Blakemore Is that at the end of the quote? Or you joking?

That's the actual quote.

He then went on to explain how he didn't just mean Mexico but all of Latin and South America as well as "probably" x2..."the middle east".

That's over a billion immigrant rapist drug dealing criminals right there.

No wonder he's upset.

Blakemore

Darth Thor
Was asking because it seemed to fit at the end of the quote, but it also sounded like a joke "and some I assume are good lol"

Newjak
@blakemore

Which is an interesting take since current immigrant populations in the U.S., especially those of the undocumented time, tend to commit violent crimes at a lesser rate than the citizen population.

Blakemore

cdtm
I love the fact that defence of Trump goes from "he didn't say that" to "he didn't call ALL Mexicans drug dealers and rapists"

It's like a holocaust denier changing from "the holocaust didn't happen" to "well they didn't kill ALL the Jews".

In what way?

jaden_2.0
In the way I just showed. That way.

cdtm
In the way I just showed. That way.

You cited holocaust imagery. That says nothing about how Hillary Clinton calling some blacks "Super predators" is somehow comparable to Nazi's not killing all jews.

Darth Thor
Trump also claimed Obama wasn't born in the U.S.

He didn't make that claim for Hilary or Bill or John Kerry. Just Obama.

He was also calling for the execution of the Central Park Five back in the day (spoiler they were wrongly accused in the end).

He also told Ilhan Omar to go back to her own country.

No one knows how much of his rhetoric is just to market himself, but I think it's a bit hard to deny his rhetoric is racist.

cdtm
Trump also claimed Obama wasn't born in the U.S.

He didn't make that claim for Hilary or Bill or John Kerry. Just Obama.

He was also calling for the execution of the Central Park Five back in the day (spoiler they were wrongly accused in the end).

He also told Ilhan Omar to go back to her own country.

No one knows how much of his rhetoric is just to market himself, but I think it's a bit hard to deny his rhetoric is racist.

Alright, that's a lot better. Specifics I like, instead of vague assertions. thumb up

The Obama thing, yeah, that's hard to defend. I think it may have been playing into his base.

The thing of it is, if all of his targets were not minorities, there would be no suspicion of racism. This is one of the reasons people get "converted" as opposition of critical race theory. Because it leaves no real room to criticise people of color, without being branded a racist.

And lets be honest, people WILL use that as a rhetorical tactic against their enemies in bad faith. No two ways about it, politics is almost universally a game no one plays in good faith, and only cares about winning at any cost.

Darth Thor
The thing of it is, if all of his targets were not minorities, there would be no suspicion of racism. This is one of the reasons people get "converted" as opposition of critical race theory. Because it leaves no real room to criticise people of color, without being branded a racist.

And lets be honest, people WILL use that as a rhetorical tactic against their enemies in bad faith. No two ways about it, politics is almost universally a game no one plays in good faith, and only cares about winning at any cost.

Problem is you wouldn't tell white Americans from the opposition party to go back to their own country. So he brings race into it himself.

It's like you said he was playing into his base.

Like I said myself I don't know how much was due to him actually being racist, but the rhetoric itself clearly is.

eThneoLgrRnae

Again, forget about Trump. He is not president anymore (even though he did actually win). I'm not playing your disingenuous games.

Again, what Trump said was taken out-of-context. You and others can continue to lie all you like. I know CNN, BBC, and Rachel Maddow have thoroughly brainwashed you all into believing all kinds of lies about Trump so you are beyond helping so I won't even attempt to try but Trump is gone so why keep bringing him up?

Should I keep bringing up all the divisive shit that Hillary goddamn Clinton has said and all the criminal shit she's done? Or what about the left's idol Obummer? He caused more division by far than any other president in modern history.

cdtm
Problem is you wouldn't tell white Americans from the opposition party to go back to their own country. So he brings race into it himself.

It's like you said he was playing into his base.

Like I said myself I don't know how much was due to him actually being racist, but the rhetoric itself clearly is.

Good point. thumb up

Ok, let me ask you this:

How many new immigrants are "white"?

I can affirm Italian immigrants DID get told to go home, when they were migrating.

But these days, waves of immigration don't come from Italy, Poland, Sweden ect..

eThneoLgrRnae
And let's not forget, illegal aliens are by definition criminals. So I'm sorry if I don't share you leftists' idiots views of them. This has nothing to do with "duh, der orange man bad her derp!"

If you wanna come to this country, then come legally for f*** sake, I don't care what color you are. Then you won't take the chance of being labelled a bad person.

-Pr-
Good point. thumb up

Ok, let me ask you this:

I can affirm Italian immigrants DID get told to go home, when they were migrating.

But these days, waves of immigration don't come from Italy, Poland, Sweden ect..

Depends on the country. Ireland has seen a mass influx of people from places like Poland and Brazil (and let me tell you, some Brazilians are pale as ****).

Australia has issues with Irish immigrants, though to be fair some of the Irish that have gone over there don't exactly give the country a good name.

Though if you're just talking about America... the Irish, I guess? I mean, two recessions in thirty years means people tend to **** off a lot.

jaden_2.0
Again, forget about Trump. He is not president anymore (even though he did actually win). I'm not playing your disingenuous games.

Again, what Trump said was taken out-of-context. You and others can continue to lie all you like. I know CNN, BBC, and Rachel Maddow have thoroughly brainwashed you all into believing all kinds of lies about Trump so you are beyond helping so I won't even attempt to try but Trump is gone so why keep bringing him up?

Should I keep bringing up all the divisive shit that Hillary goddamn Clinton has said and all the criminal shit she's done? Or what about the left's idol Obummer? He caused more division by far than any other president in modern history.

1. Yes you are. You can't help yourself.

2. I gave the context. I don't watch CNN. I have no idea who Rachel Maddow even is. I rarely watch bbc news

3. Because its hilarious watching how upset you get. Funnier still is that I didn't even mention Trump in my initial post. If you believe he didn't say that then why would you assume I was talking about him. Even funnier still is that within 2 posts you've gone from "he didn't say it" to "he wasn't talking about ALL Mexicans" to "he did say it but its being taken out of context"

4. Because you don't already? Okaaaayyy.

cdtm
1. Yes you are. You can't help yourself.

2. I gave the context. I don't watch CNN. I have no idea who Rachel Maddow even is. I rarely watch bbc news

3. Because its hilarious watching how upset you get. Funnier still is that I didn't even mention Trump in my initial post. If you believe he didn't say that then why would you assume I was talking about him. Even funnier still is that within 2 posts you've gone from "he didn't say it" to "he wasn't talking about ALL Mexicans" to "he did say it but its being taken out of context"

4. Because you don't already? Okaaaayyy.

Given current trends of tagging Trump and his supporters as xenophobes, his was a reasonable assumption (As was mine).

Its you who failed to provide context.

Newjak
Good point. thumb up

Ok, let me ask you this:

But these days, waves of immigration don't come from Italy, Poland, Sweden ect.. One of the interesting things about Italian and Irish immigration though is that often times the malice towards them tends to dissipate after a generation or two as it becomes harder to tell them apart from the rest of majority population of their time.

Darth Thor
One of the interesting things about Italian and Irish immigration though is that often times the malice towards them tends to dissipate after a generation or two as it becomes harder to tell them apart from the rest of majority population of their time.

Oh that is interesting.

Newjak
Oh that is interesting. Like people tend to forget that there have been multiple times in history of the U.S. where Irish have immigrated to the U.S. Most are familiar with the famine one which was the largest one yes but before that there was still sustained Irish immigration to the U.S. over the previous 100 year before the famine.

Blakemore
Psst, it was because Irish and Italians are usually Muslims, whoops! I meant catholic.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Blakemore
Psst, it was because Irish and Italians are usually Muslims, whoops! I meant catholic.

laughing out loud

-Pr-
One of the interesting things about Italian and Irish immigration though is that often times the malice towards them tends to dissipate after a generation or two as it becomes harder to tell them apart from the rest of majority population of their time.

Maybe there's no malice now, but there was plenty back then. Especially when they were catholics.

Newjak
Originally posted by -Pr-
Maybe there's no malice now, but there was plenty back then. Especially when they were catholics. Oh definitely.

I just wanted point out that comparing the struggles of the Irish and Italian immigration events to the more ethnically diverse immigration we see today or the slave trade there is that one major difference.

That being that the Irish and Italians could more easily blend into the white culture within a generation or two. That wasn't and isn't the case for other types of immigrants where race can still cause problems generations later.

cdtm
Maybe there's no malice now, but there was plenty back then. Especially when they were catholics.

Weren't the elites protestant?

W.A.S.P.'s.

jaden_2.0
Given current trends of tagging Trump and his supporters as xenophobes, his was a reasonable assumption (As was mine).

Its you who failed to provide context.

Seems to me like you do think he said it but like to pretend he didn't.

That happens a lot with Trumo and his supporters.

Like when he didn't encourage his supporters to assault people at his rallies.

Or the multitude of things he said about Covid then denied saying

v3X1ZfVeBek

eThneoLgrRnae
Washington Post lol.

This comes back to what I said earlier about where you get your "news".

Washington Compost is more like it lol.

cdtm
Washington Post lol.

They left an sig across their entire site that smeared Trump as xenophobic racist homophobic yadda yadda yadda

Totally not a biased news source.

eThneoLgrRnae
They left an sig across their entire site that smeared Trump as xenophobic racist homophobic yadda yadda yadda

Totally not a biased news source.

Yeah, totally. roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Pr-
Oh definitely.

I just wanted point out that comparing the struggles of the Irish and Italian immigration events to the more ethnically diverse immigration we see today or the slave trade there is that one major difference.

That being that the Irish and Italians could more easily blend into the white culture within a generation or two. That wasn't and isn't the case for other types of immigrants where race can still cause problems generations later.

I don't think their integration was as quick as that. Maybe 3-4 is a better number.

Weren't the elites protestant?

W.A.S.P.'s.

Any Irish elites were either still catholic, or had become pawns of the Brits.

jaden_2.0
Washington Post lol.

Yeah they must've deep faked those quotes in those videos eh? Because dear leader totally never said those things he's on video saying. Because that would mean he either doesn't have an "amazing" memory or he lied. And dear leader is an infallible source of pure truth.

Newjak
I don't think their integration was as quick as that. Maybe 3-4 is a better number.

Any Irish elites were either still catholic, or had become pawns of the Brits. That's fair I wouldn't argue if you want to say it was closer to that.

cdtm

Any Irish elites were either still catholic, or had become pawns of the Brits.

So wasp's were British?

-Pr-
That's fair I wouldn't argue if you want to say it was closer to that.

I suppose it's a close enough gap that it doesn't really matter either way.

So wasp's were British?

Yes. Though the catholicism of the time might be (and probably was) very different at the time, the vast majority of Irish people were catholic back then. When the British were in power they did try to make Protestantism (?) the dominant religion in Ireland (you literally had to convert to get food etc, and catholicism practice was technically illegal), but it never really took hold.

It's a fair assumption that if an Irish person that landed in America had a religion, that it was catholicism.

Blakemore

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.