Why I support a Carbon Tax.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Klaw
Polluting our shared environment affects everyone.

Therefore, it's only fair you have to pay for doing it.

Ideally you wouldn't pollute in the first place.

But here we are.

gold slorg
agreed

Klaw
Miss you on the Discord, Slorg.

eThneoLgrRnae
It would be total bullshit to have my electric bill go thru the roof from a carbon tax because I have to constantly run it during the summer months to keep from burning up.

Power bill is already high enough as it is. Doesn't need to be jacked up anymore because of a bs carbon tax.

I live in the deep south where it gets hot and humid ss f***. If I was unable to pay my electric bill I would probably die as would most others probably would who live in same part of country.

Klaw
@ethneo, depending on how the carbon tax is done, individuals wouldn't pay it.

It would target the big polluters like companies.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
It would be total bullshit to have my electric bill go thru the roof from a carbon tax because I have to constantly run it during the summer months to keep from burning up.

Power bill is already high enough as it is. Doesn't need to be jacked up anymore because of a bs carbon tax.

I live in the deep south where it gets hot and humid ss f***. If I was unable to pay my electric bill I would probably die as would most others probably would who live in same part of country.

Speak to Broly. He's implemented tons of stuff to keep his house cool during summer while saving energy. You might not be able to implement all his ideas depending on your exact location and surroundings but he might be able to point you in the right direction.

As for the general issue of carbon tax. I remember watching a video about a manufacturing plant in Australia whose owner was vehemently opposed to carbon taxes when they were brought in so they invested heavily in reducing the CO2 their plant produced and reduced their energy costs so much they recuperated the capital expenditure within 2 years and are now more profitable than ever before. I tried to find the video again but couldn't. It was very interesting though and shows the fact that carbon taxes aren't really about making money for the government but, if done correctly can make businesses MORE competitive rather than less.

eThneoLgrRnae
Sorry, but I am not paying a carbon tax. The climate cultists can kiss my ass.

If they wanna target companies then that's fine I guess as long as those companies don't pass on the cost to its consumers.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Klaw
@ethneo, depending on how the carbon tax is done, individuals wouldn't pay it.

It would target the big polluters like companies.

I would go so far to say that the 8 billion ppl on earth are causing more pollution than companies in general.

eThneoLgrRnae
Whatever... still not paying a carbon tax because I have to constantly run my air conditioner during daytime in summer months.

It's not like running my AC is merely optional considering how damn hot and humid it gets down here. If I don't keep it going, I die. It's not rocket science, ffs.

AC is a basic necessity in this part of country in summer months. Fans don't do squat when it's burning up other than just blow around the hot air.

jaden_2.0
So maybe ask all those poor Mexican immigrants how they cope without being able to afford air conditioning. Maybe give you a few tips.

Maybe that's why they're trying to get north. Get out of the heat.

Robtard
Whatever... still not paying a carbon tax because I have to constantly run my air conditioner during daytime in summer months.

It's not like running my AC is merely optional considering how damn hot and humid it gets down here. If I don't keep it going, I die. It's not rocket science, ffs.

AC is a basic necessity in this part of country in summer months. Fans don't do squat when it's burning up other than just blow around the hot air.

How did people survive before the invention of climate control?

Blakemore

Scribble
Originally posted by snowdragon
I would go so far to say that the 8 billion ppl on earth are causing more pollution than companies in general. pathetic simping for corporations

Blakemore

eThneoLgrRnae
We get it, blakey.... you are still butthurt over July 4.

Old Man Whirly!
We get it, blakey.... you are stil butthurt over July 4. Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
durwank

Robtard
Originally posted by snowdragon
I would go so far to say that the 8 billion ppl on earth are causing more pollution than companies in general.

Sure, that is true, but this is a ridiculous clown-like standpoint though. How much of that pollution comes 2nd hand from a corporation's products those very same people are using though? A whole lot, that's what.

eg It's easier to get a corporation to use less plastic in a product or a safer alternative like a composable container, than it is to get the millions of users of that product to recycle or not throw that plastic bottle in a river.

lineagerq
Carbon Tax this really good idea!

Blakemore

Stigma
Is this tax going to be an American thing, or what? Is it going to be global?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.