The solution to higher wages is unions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Klaw
I think we can all agree that wages are too low.

What we disagree on is how we can raise them.

Do we have the Government mandate a higher wage?

Or do we let workers bargain with employers?

I support the latter.

Hey, it works for Sweden.

Mariland3
Originally posted by Klaw

I support the latter.
] Actually the better solution would be providence not currency, based on specific needs and past output, for someone who has just given up

Mariland3
Currency makes things too repitetive and a lot of things you can't buy with money alone.

Mariland3
Another issue with currency is that it can be used for unnecessary transitions of wealth like taxes on a self regulated system like the proposed solar panels and also it reduces incentive when a person manages to build up wealth over time.

Robtard

I support the latter.

Hey, it works for Sweden.

Unions are not inherently bad and they've done good in several sectors with protecting workers rights.

The problem is unions are fairly easily corrupted, which end up fleecing the very employees they're supposed to protect. Especially when Rightist are in charge.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Robtard
Unions are not inherently bad and they've done good in several sectors with protecting workers rights.

The problem is unions are fairly easily corrupted, which end up fleecing the very employees they're supposed to protect. Especially when Rightist are in charge.

I'm gonna say that even with righties in charge we need more unions.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Robtard

The problem is unions are fairly easily corrupted, which end up fleecing the very employees they're supposed to protect. Especially when Rightist are in charge. a good example would be the coal mines in Britain when they got closed because the unions were too powerful. Too many protests and mutiny caused businesses to lose money and they had to be shut down. 😔

Newjak
Unions are one part of the equation.

You also need to make sure that Unions can bargain and are given enough power to be useful.

I say it's also time for a net worth or income maximum as well.

Old Man Whirly!

Blakemore

Blakemore
Or two

Klaw
Originally posted by Blakemore
a good example would be the coal mines in Britain when they got closed because the unions were too powerful. Too many protests and mutiny caused businesses to lose money and they had to be shut down. 😔

What were they protesting?

Klaw
Originally posted by Newjak
Unions are one part of the equation.

You also need to make sure that Unions can bargain and are given enough power to be useful.

I say it's also time for a net worth or income maximum as well.

I agree that workers need to be empowered to have bargaining power.

Disagree on the cap for net worth and income.

Newjak
I agree that workers need to be empowered to have bargaining power.

Disagree on the cap for net worth and income. Why do you disagree on it.

Blakemore

NewGuy01
You're not wrong, but something tells me you'll only be pro-union so long as they're too weak to actually accomplish anything.

Blakemore
What were they protesting? they wanted more money. The thing is, most of their wages were actually in excessive coal they mined. It kinda makes sense that excess can be kept, but I think they just wanted money. My grandad used to be a miner and lived in a caravan and would fish for crabs on the coast until he felt homesick and later became a mechanic.

Blakemore

Blakemore
Originally posted by Blakemore
they wanted more money. The thing is, most of their wages were actually in excessive coal they mined. It kinda makes sense that excess can be kept, but I think they just wanted money. My grandad used to be a miner and lived in a caravan and would fish for crabs on the coast until he felt homesick and later became a mechanic. he did it because of the protests, he actually did live in a house and the caravan was like a vacation lol.

Klaw
Originally posted by Newjak
Why do you disagree on it.

I don't see why the Government has the moral right to cap my income and/or net worth.

Newjak
I don't see why the Government has the moral right to cap my income and/or net worth. You could extend that argument to a great many things so I don't particularly find that as a viable reason not to do it.

Especially when excess greed has caused so many worse problems then rich people not being able to get insanely rich.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.