Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Smash Bro's but with Nickelodeon character's

ESR3cvErqCg

hope it ends up being good, I'll be in it for Powered Toast Man.

Khazra Reborn
Nostalgia overload. I expect the game will probably be sub par, tho.

Nemesis X
They haven't been announced yet but the silhouettes on the game's cover reveal Korra, CatDog, Ren & Stimpy, and probably Aang. Here's a link showing it:
https://twitter.com/_Mimikyu/status/1414976201291145218

This roster is wild. Hope to see Jenny from Life As a Teenage Robot in this.

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Nostalgia overload. I expect the game will probably be sub par, tho.

Maybe but it is being co-devloped by the indie team that did Slap City if you ever heard of that. It's another Smash clone but a popular one so this game has people with experience at least.

Btw, Nick AllStars also has wavedashing and rollback netcode.

Ridley_Prime
Technically, Smash still has wave dashing with Ultimate but as a more niche balanced mechanic that's more useful for some characters than others. Oh, and Kazuya.

Rollback is a good boast for any game though; something most current fighters still lack, and it took a pandemic for devs to begin to realize how important good netcode is.

StyleTime
Yeah, I really hope this game doesn't suck. They are going with rollback netcode already, which is a good sign. thumb up Would be cool to have a big fighter based off some western childhood cartoon favorites.

I would love a Cartoon Network vs Nickelodeon down the road actually.

Ridley_Prime
WB owns Cartoon Network, so good luck with that.

Khazra Reborn

Nemesis X

Kazenji
If this game does end up being actually good, I'll be in it for the Ren & Stimpy related stuff.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
WB owns Cartoon Network, so good luck with that.
True.

I think that's the biggest mind **** though. I'm obviously no business expert, but it feels like crossovers like that would make a ton of money for all parties involved.

It's similar to how I feel about a Marvel vs DC fighting game: How has this not been made yet?

Bro SMASH
Man, if only Doug was still owned by Nickelodeon/Paramount.

Nemesis X
pPQHl1_WOK0

29BpxAr7_eQ

Kazenji
Apparently the character's aren't going to have voices in the game from what i hear.

Nemesis X
Neither did the characters have voices in the Kart Racing version. Nickelodeon I think doesn't see it as worth the time & resource if they feel these games they let happen don't become major hits anyway but might be surprised how much All-Stars will exceed their expectations. Many unironically do want to try it out.

Ridley_Prime
Hard to say just how successful this will be, but wouldn't be surprised if the Smash tastemakers just hype it through release and then drop it like a hot potato the second it doesn't have the epic meme combos they pictured or sufficient hitstun. No voiceovers does hurt the game to a point too.

And I know it was cross promoting with April also being in the TMNT game, but seeing her here before Shredder feels like the equivalent of getting Lois Lane before Lex Luthor or someone in a fighting game.

cdtm
Originally posted by Kazenji
Smash Bro's but with Nickelodeon character's

ESR3cvErqCg

hope it ends up being good, I'll be in it for Powered Toast Man.

Sony tried this and it didn't turn out too well.

Smash is kind of a niche thing for the super fanboy nerds who know the game inside and out, that's why Brawl never took off as every fan was into Melee. And the Steam clones aren't are more pure casual bait..

ares834
lmao

Literally the exact opposite of what you said. Smash Bros is not niche at all and appeals to tons of casual fans. Furthermore, Brawl sold nearly twice as much as Melee. Brawl sold over 13 million while Melee was just over 7 mill. FYI Ultimate sold over 22 million.

Nemesis X
There are so many things wrong with PlayStation All-Stars that using it here I wouldn't. This Smash clone actually uses stage knockouts while Sony's Smash is a one trick fill the meter, miss, fill the meter. time up, overtime. fill the meter, miss, time up, overtime (X2), fill the meter, etc..

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Neither did the characters have voices in the Kart Racing version. Nickelodeon I think doesn't see it as worth the time & resource if they feel these games they let happen don't become major hits anyway but might be surprised how much All-Stars will exceed their expectations. Many unironically do want to try it out.

If it's that much trouble then do it as DLC later on, When they do have the time.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji
If it's that much trouble then do it as DLC later on, When they do have the time.

Again, they'd still see it not being worth it. Only after if the game succeeds might they consider. I wondered why they couldn't just use recorded voice lines already used in their TV shows but they'd need permission from a lot of people I hear to do that.

Nemesis X
The Nintendo eshop has leaked a couple things about the game. First off, the release date is apparently October 5th.

And here's the official box art showing a few unannounced fighters:
https://twitter.com/EternalFlameGuy/status/1432924173043740677

Ridley_Prime
Apparently there's no forward aerial attacks in this game, or back aerials. Weird. Smash clones usually have side aerials at least, though I can see why not every fighter would have a back air.

What's more offensive is a lot of them have only one throw, while all Smash characters can throw in four directions. We'll see though with this one.

Blakemore

Nemesis X
fDNl6i3yXdA

StyleTime
This dropped today. Thinking about grabbing it.

Smash Bros content creators are already streaming the game. It makes sense they'd be the first ones.

MkLeo and Hungry Box already had a money match for it. It's technically the first recorded money match for the game, granted the game hasn't even been out a full day yet.

StyleTime
It's 10$ off for another day, at least the digital version is.

I went ahead and grabbed it.

Kazenji
I'm gonna wait for the physical version myself, Probably would've had a few updates by then too.

Ridley_Prime
Aside from no voiceovers, game has no alt colors for the characters either. What you see is all you get.

Is it me, or has there been a youtube embed problem with the site lately?

Oh, I guess it's a browser thing. Weird.

StyleTime
Developers had to release an early balance patch because the competitive/tourney crowd already broke the game. laughing out loud

An example being Sandy's infinite jab combo.

Hungrybox explains the patch here.
https://youtu.be/3EaFaB4NmoQ

Breakdown of Sandy's infinite here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVLyWO2LRIM

They forgot, this isn't like their previous Nick Super Brawl games where it's just kids playing on Nick.com. Once you release a fighter on console/pc, the hardcore crowd will take it to the craziest levels possible.

Bro SMASH
There are so many things wrong with PlayStation All-Stars that using it here I wouldn't. This Smash clone actually uses stage knockouts while Sony's Smash is a one trick fill the meter, miss, fill the meter. time up, overtime. fill the meter, miss, time up, overtime (X2), fill the meter, etc..

Basically, one is more unique and the other one is a real clone...

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Basically, one is more unique and the other one is a real clone...

Super meter exclusive takedowns as the one & only method sucks, dude. I'm sorry.

StyleTime
Michelangelo has been banned from tournament play.

https://youtu.be/TCxygMK_4Lo

It's extremely rare in modern fighters for a character to get banned, due to modern fighters being much more balanced than the past. The developers said they will patch this ASAP, although no exact date given. I imagine within the next month or so.

Bro SMASH
Super meter exclusive takedowns as the one & only method sucks, dude. I'm sorry.

If all you know how to do is play Smash Bros, that is.

ares834
Yes. Yes. PlayStation All-Stars was actually a brilliant game. It's just the players who suck.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
If all you know how to do is play Smash Bros, that is.

You mean the same Smash that has a similar meter system now as PSA's in Ultimate but optional? Here's the thing: Battle Royale has potential and the characters play great, but you can't deny supers only was not the right call at that time. It wouldn't have killed them to add a mode where everybody has health bars or something so everyone would be happy.

Bro SMASH
You mean the same Smash that has a similar meter system now as PSA's in Ultimate but optional? Here's the thing: Battle Royale has potential and the characters play great, but you can't deny supers only was not the right call at that time. It wouldn't have killed them to add a mode where everybody has health bars or something so everyone would be happy.

I wouldn't mind health bars either, just so everybody can be more satisfied without turning it into a Smash clone.

But Supers Only has its pros and cons just like the ring outs and the only issue I had was that it makes the match drag out too long at times. Other than that, I didn't see it as a bad thing. I liked the idea and I can understand that there are others who didn't but making it more like Smash is not the solution.

Originally posted by ares834
Yes. Yes. PlayStation All-Stars was actually a brilliant game. It's just the players who suck.

If their only answer is to "make it more like Smash", then yeah.

robotflug
Is Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl going to get any DLC?.

Nemesis X
Voice acting confirmed coming.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/12/veteran-smash-bros-player-confirms-voice-acting-for-nickelodeon-all-stars-brawl

Kazenji
Voice acting confirmed coming.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/12/veteran-smash-bros-player-confirms-voice-acting-for-nickelodeon-all-stars-brawl

The game got updated this week with it.

cdtm
The IP could work against them if it isn't really good.

With Brawlhalla and RIVALS OF AETHER existing, it's natural to he hyper critical of not being served up a badly made licensed game (Something all gamers have been trained to be wary of).

Kazenji

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.